Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time (1328 Views)

What Lai Mohammed Said About Yaradua When He Was Sick / See What Lai Said When Yaradua Was Away For Treatment In 2009 / RE: 'tell Me One Thing..' HERE ARE 10 THINGS Lai Mohammed Said That Weren't True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by Tinubutoto: 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2015
This is your last Christmas in bondage, APC tells Nigerians
December 24, 2014 at 6:57 pm in News
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has assured Nigerians that this will be their last Christmas celebration under the bondage
of insecurity, corruption, unemployment, widespread hopelessness and poor leadership.
In a Christmas message to Nigerians, contained in a statement in Abuja, Wednesday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji
Lai Mohammed, the party said hope is in the horizon for the millions of Nigerians who could not celebrate this year due to the
prevailing gloomy atmosphere across the land.
”Many cannot travel home due to fears of kidnapping, ethno-religious crisis and insurgency, depending on which part of the
country they are from. Many cannot celebrate due to the effects of the economic downturn, as manifested in weakening Naira
and falling oil prices, both exacerbated by widespread corruption.
”Many will mark the holidays in darkness as the country’s public power supply seems to have fallen in a direct proportion to
the huge funds ostensibly pumped into the sector in the past few years. Many will be stuck on the roads that have become
clogged due to their poor state.
”While there is no magic wand to solve the myriad of problems facing our country in one fell swoop, an APC government will
begin to positively impact on the citizenry within its first few months at the helm, to such an extent that Nigerians will have a
better Christmas celebration in 2015,” it said.
APC said Nigerians hold the power to bringing about the much-needed change, hence they should vote wisely during the
February 2015 general elections so they can install a government that will address, squarely, the challenges facing the
country.
”We have, through our manifesto, entered into a honest social contract with Nigerians. But we are aware that we cannot do it
alone, hence we need the consent and participation of the people.
Mohammed: It is another PDP scheme
”Our eight pledges for a better Nigeria, which are highlights of our manifesto, form the core of our social contract with Nigeria.
During our first term in office, we pledge to create 3 million new jobs a year through public works programmes and by shifting
the economy towards value-added production will be our primary economic target; we will strengthen security by employing at
least an extra 100,000 police officers and establishing a properly-trained and equipped Federal Anti-Terrorism Multi- Agency
Task Force to destroy Boko Haram and any form of insurgency. We will also introduce an immediate pay rise and improved
conditions for all five security services.
”To fight corruption, the cankerworm that has eaten deep into the fabric of our society, we will adopt a zero-tolerance approach
to the vice – rooting out dishonest public servants and imposing tough sanctions including jail sentences.”To position our
youth for better job opportunities, we will provide interest-free loans for university/technical school students who meet the
required entry qualifications, and this will be funded by providing guarantees to the banking sector and by absorbing the
interest. Also, we will introduce a free daily school meal for all children attending primary school.
”As a first phase to battling poverty, we will introduce direct conditional monthly social security payment for 25 million of the
poorest Nigerians. To ensure a more healthy society, we will create a network of local health centres providing free services and
drugs, such that no one lives more than 5km from help. And will will create a more equitable distribution of national revenue to
the States and local governments because this is where grassroots democracy and economic development must be
established.
”We know that for our long suffering people, hope springs eternal. We urge them to continue to keep that hope alive, because
help is on the way,” the party said.
Meanwhile, APC has also sent fraternal holiday greetings to all the men and women in uniform, who are battling the insurgency
that has held the nation by the jugular.
The party said the huge sacrifices being made by these gallant men and women, for the love of country, are very much
appreciated and will not go unrewarded.
”We greet our soldiers and indeed all security agents whose sacrifices keep us safe. We know they will be on duty as many of
us celebrate and enjoy the holidays. We urge all Nigerians to remember them in their prayers and to continue to support them in
their onerous task of securing the nation,” it said.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/last-christmas-bondage-apc-tells-nigerians.
Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
They must have accomplished that...

I mean In Reverse Gear..

7 Likes

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by Tinubutoto: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
this is my worst Xmas period since I was born. I went out to buy rice, turkey and other things but the money wasn't enough. Last year I spent almost 50% less but was able to get some change left.
I regret voting ds people, I drank origin and pepper soup because of Buhari winning, I never knew I was drinking my last beerof the year, choiiiiiiiiii.

13 Likes

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by Cholls(m): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2015
Tinubutoto:
this is my worst Xmas period since I was born. I went out to buy rice, turkey and other things but the money wasn't enough. Last year I spent almost 50% less but was able to get some change left.
I regret voting ds people, I drank origin and pepper soup because of Buhari winning, I never knew I was drinking my last beerof the year, choiiiiiiiiii.
my brother hang in there! You're going to smile before the year finishes.
Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by Tinubutoto: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2015
Cholls:
my brother hang in there! You're going to smile before the year finishes.
In reality or in the spiritual realm because this yr is gone already.

7 Likes

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by NOLONGTIN1(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2015
lol. Effects of trusting/voting snakes as leaders!!

I hope our APC brothers are enjoying the Christmas/festive season as Lia mohammend and Tinubu are?

I'm enjoying my at the filling station oooo.

Sai Buhari .

From the comments on social media, it seems it's only are APC brothers that are feeling the positive impact in the 1st few months on Buhari regime as our chief Lia of Nigeria boasted

2 Likes

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by Cholls(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2015
Tinubutoto:

In reality or in the spiritual realm because this yr is gone already.
my brother no it's not! Have faith.
Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by myopinion2011: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2015
yes offcourse, that was there last Xmas in BONDAGE, they are now under ATTACK and CHAINS.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by Gboliwe: 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hear him

"...an APC government will
begin to positively impact on the citizenry within its first few months at the helm, to such an extent that Nigerians will have a
better Christmas celebration in 2015,”

And yet they go as far as maiming and even killing innocent citizens who simply ask for the change they voted for.

Shameless rulers! Tua!

4 Likes

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by okosodo: 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2015
Nigerians are slaves to the north, confimed
Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by juman(m): 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
The heat is on them now.

That apc is a party that lack human face like acn.

The worst thing is that, hope they are not aiming changing the country to a one religion state.

1 Like

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by Chubhie: 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
All of them must taste Justice brewed by the masses they so impoverish,use during elections and then discard like worthless used tissue paper.

The masses are itching to take their pound of flesh.

1 Like

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by otukpo(f): 6:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
This should be the worst Christmas I am experiencing.

No money, no light, no fuel, prizes of goods tripled.and to make matters worse, the government of the day is not giving us hope for the coming.year.

Tufiakwa. May God punish the devil.

4 Likes

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by Codedb2: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
Tinubutoto:

So true bro.

3 Likes

Re: See What Lai Mohammed Said Last Year By This Time by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
otukpo:
This should be the worst Christmas I am experiencing.

No money, no light, no fuel, prizes of goods tripled.and to make matters worse, the government of the day is not giving us hope for the coming.year.

Tufiakwa. May God punish the devil.

Wait until they:
- remove subsidy... on 1/1/2016
- increase tax base... on 2/1/2016
- start charging tolls on Federal roads... 1/1/2016
- increase electricity tarriffs ... on 1/1/2016
- reduce minimum wage to N12000 ... on 4/1/2016
- increase VAT to 10% ... on 1/4/2016

Then you will know what change really means. Thank God you saw things to buy in the market ... by next year, like in Zimbabwe, things will be worse. Guess you know Buhari and Mugabe are friends. They are already comparing notes.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Police Open Fire On Protesting Doctors In Imo State / Run Goodluck Run. Onyeka Onwenu.. / Stone Me If Buhari Fails – Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.