Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

Please Help I Am Confused - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help I Am Confused (658 Views)

Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! / Please How Du I Recive My Adsense Pin Am Confused / Confused: How Do Bloggers Receive Money From Ads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help I Am Confused by keston57: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2015
Hello everyone,
I recently started a forum and I was trying to add content and generate traffic when I suddenly noticed that people from Russia and other countries unknown to me have started registering and have hijacked the forum and I don't know what to do, can somebody please suggest to me the possible solution and measures I can take to solve this problem.The forum is www.9jacommunitys.com
Re: Please Help I Am Confused by Adesege(m): 8:44am On Dec 20, 2015
That maybe the work of bot spam.

You can put a captcha on the registration page to verify if user is human before registering a user.
Re: Please Help I Am Confused by keston57: 9:13am On Dec 20, 2015
Adesege:
That maybe the work of bot spam.

You can put a captcha on the registration page to verify if user is human before registering a user.
Thanks for your response. How do I place a captcha on the registration page and what do I do with all the registered accounts
Re: Please Help I Am Confused by Adesege(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2015
keston57:

Thanks for your response. How do I place a captcha on the registration page and what do I do with all the registered accounts

Last I worked on SMF was some years ago. I will suggest you check around user registration settings or general settings.

To delete already created account, it will be easier if the user's id are ordered. That's we have ids 1,2,3,4,5,6.... 30 for example. You write an sql statement like this and execute from your phpmyadmin interface.

DELETE FROM tbl_name WHERE id>0 AND id<31.

id is auto increment and an index.

But if you have real users in between, it will be difficult using that method.

Hope that helps
Re: Please Help I Am Confused by keston57: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2015
@Adesege
Thanks for your interest, the most important thing is to confirm the authenticity of the registrants, to delete wont be that difficult as I can devote time do that. The most annoying thing is that they keep up making drug related adverts/links on the site.
Re: Please Help I Am Confused by Adesege(m): 10:24am On Dec 20, 2015
keston57:
@Adesege
Thanks for your interest, the most important thing is to confirm the authenticity of the registrants, to delete wont be that difficult as I can devote time do that. The most annoying thing is that they keep up making drug related adverts/links on the site.

Well, I once had same problem some two years ago when I was running a blog. Though not a script, I built the blog myself. I solved it by putting captcha on the registration page for some weeks, after which i removed it.

You can have an idea of where these bots are coming from using Awstats in your host cpanel.

You can also block ip addresses you perceive are bots from the records provided by Awstats.

Best regards

(1) (Reply)

How can I build links SEO / Payoneer Fund Is Need ... Who Wan Sell / Secret To Google And Alexa Ratings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.