Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos (63669 Views)

Top 10 Most Notorious Places In Ibadan / The Ten Most Notorious Neighborhood In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by cardoctor(m): 12:14am On May 25, 2016
Oops, I just remembered ijesha tedo. Guns popping in daylight
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 12:19am On May 25, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Then you don't know Festac. So many hard drug dealers, fraudsters, ladies of the night etc there. Don't let the fact that it is a little bit high brow fool you.

lol.. Festac dey learn work..
No be Festac here for Amuwo odofin again??
No even mention Festac again at all
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Francheezy(m): 12:31am On May 25, 2016
Make Fulani herdsmen enter lagos first, make dem come try rubbish
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by BabaIbo: 12:34am On May 25, 2016
Bekwarra:

Oga mi I fear AJ City pass Mile 2 o. Mile 2 is also notorious but Ajegunle hmnnn

I once lived in Ajegunle (olodi apapa), Bros u can't walk at nite in mile 2 buh u can do that in AJ if not for policemen wey dry carry ppu anyhow
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Contrabanned: 12:38am On May 25, 2016
Mushin "moonshine" ought to be number one on that list. gun shot is so synonymous with mushin to the extent that it has been termed Mushin Banger. No day they won't fight, small or large scale. They don't fight with cutlass in mushin...Na Gun O....no follow anyhow person argue for mushin, just say sorry and go or else, dem go just "shook" you bottle. OP is so right about mushin. Akala z notorious for Cannabis and all other types of rubbish. A street in Mushin has about 3 churches and 2 mosques, some even more, agege motor road houses Regina Mundi Catholic Church amongst a host of others, yet bad boys overflow.

3 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Tallfam(m): 12:45am On May 25, 2016
Naa so to all but dat numba 1 nt sure it should be d 1st.

U done ur research well twale
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by gmoni2(m): 12:54am On May 25, 2016
Shitta!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by jojothaiv(m): 12:55am On May 25, 2016
Thank God Badagry ain't on that list...
Much love for my home!!!

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by anibo2(m): 1:55am On May 25, 2016
Maryland born and breed,we no come world come fight grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by tosinjay(m): 2:09am On May 25, 2016
Oyingbo is bad, i presently live at oyingbo sha. Yaba-oyingbo things. I don't move with my phones at night. To avoid super stories. Remember times ago, my bro had to be checking on me calling on phone for days when those Apc Apc guys were killing themselves. Imagine oo, Apc to Apc.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by tosinjay(m): 2:10am On May 25, 2016
anibo2:
Maryland born and breed,we no come world come fight grin cheesy
Maryland is a calm and ajebo kinda area na... except some areas where the houses aren't tushed.
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by africanboy(m): 4:31am On May 25, 2016
Hmmm..... I grew up in Bariga. Moved to Iyana Ipaja for 2 years and been in Agege for the past 5. Yet, I have only encountered one incident of violence (Area boys vs police circa 98/99).

Thieves and hoodlums are everywhere even in the highbrow areas.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by hausadreturn(m): 4:56am On May 25, 2016
porshuch:
You have said it all all. What of OKOKOMAIKO, Ajangbadi grin, the type of fake drugs they prepare at ajangbadi dey shocking. WHEN YOU'RE AT AJANGBADI, YOU WILL THINK YOU'RE INSIDE OGBE ONITSHA, ODOAKPU.LOL
lol....Afo anu
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by seunshrek(m): 5:42am On May 25, 2016
Aii
calliope:

nope
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by ibawon(m): 5:45am On May 25, 2016
OP your thread is so on point and Accurate, although I was born and Breed at Ikorodu. It angers me anytime I go there and see promising peeps I grew up with all converting to CULTISIM but currently live at Ibeju Lekki (one of the peaceful place in Lagos, I never try to stay long any time I go to visit my Cousin at Fadeyi, those boys there carry Guns like it's a mobile phone and are ready to discharge it like they are making calls.

2 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by akudinaobi(m): 6:26am On May 25, 2016
What of mile 2
Abule oshun
Kirikiri
Agric volks
Iyanaoba

Iyana isash

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Tunjman(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2016
@OP
Add Ebute-Meta to the list joor!

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Kaylexzy(m): 6:39am On May 25, 2016
Bekwarra:
5. Ijora/Orile
I grouped these two together due to proximity. Ijora I can say categorically has the highest number of brothels in Lagos state. It is a slum where people live in squalor and poverty. The abode of all sorts of society rejects. Wherever you see brothels, then you know all sort of criminals abound there from armed robbers to fraudsters and drug addicts. A trip to Ijora might save me the stress of trying to describe an area of chaos and sodomy. Not that every other person you see in Ijora is bad, there are good people in some parts but the huge slum on the swamps and the dump sites along Orile are something else. At times you might want to think there's no government presence there. Light robberies, bag-snatching, drug peddling etc are the order of the day. Ijora, Badia, Orile are not for gentlemen.

4. Oshodi
I don't think Oshodi need introduction to any Lagosian. If you don't know Oshodi, then you don't know Lagos. Arguably the busiest bus stop in Lagos with inter state parks scattered everywhere. Oshodi is so notorious and despite Babatunde Fashola's best efforts to sanitize it, it still retains its notoriety. London Boys and Railway Line guys are still holding it by the jugular. The de facto emperor of Oshodi Musiliu Akinsanya AKA MC Oluomo is still holding sway with occasional gun battles for the soul of the NURTW cash cow by the different factions. The Railway Boys and London Boys are perennially at loggerheads. There are scammers, fraudsters, pick pockets and bag snatchers everywhere. When you are in Oshodi, always hold your pockets or bag firmly. Never allow a stranger you don't know hug you or get too close to you. Don't stop to talk to anyone claiming he just returned from Cotonou with good and looking for direction. Enough said for now.

3. Ajegunle
Twale 23million times. Is there anyone in Lagos that has never heard of Ajegunle? Chai! I still have a girl in Boundary sha *licks lips*. I respect Ajegunle a lot when it comes to being notorious. All crimes I mean all crimes you can think of as far as Lagos state is concerned are situated in that slum called Ajegunle. Apart from producing some of the best musicians Nigeria has ever known and some of the craziest lyrics and dance moves, Ajegunle also has many ugly side including but not limited to prostitution, drug-peddling and abuse, fraud, scam, thievery, vandalism, robbery, kidnapping etc. A real definiton of a slum and a ghetto.

2. Mushin
Well, I grew up here and I can rant about Mushin for the whole day. Mushin is notorious to a fault. In fact when you tell anybody that you are from Mushin, their countenance changes immediately. Mushin strikes fear into the heart of many people. Too much of everything chai! In fact some people find it hard to believe their are actually cool peeps in Mushin despite the fact that there are some totally perfect gentlemen. Mushin is so blessed with some rough neighbourhoods that will make even angels shiver with fear. Idi Araba, Morgan, Kekere-owo, Olushoga (OPC), Oloruntosin, Idi Oro, Ojuwoye, Moshalasi, Oju Ina, Wey, Akala, Olateju, Olorunsogo, Ile Epo Isale, Itire, Ladipo, Alasalatu, Alhaji Otta etc. These areas are just too notorious and not for gentlemen. You can't just walk through them anyhow. Robbery, fights, scam, fraud are in abundance. There was a time that hardly will a day go by without you hearing gunshots. If you are a policeman and you are posted to Mushin, go and beg the police service commission. Cultism is a thing of pride and most guys are engaged in it. It is so rampant that it is gradually becoming an identity. There are robbers, scammers, gangsters, fraudsters, kidnappers everywhere. You might not know your neighbour whose room precedes yours is an armed robber. You might not know that guy who plays the keyboard in church is Aiye Number One. Mooshine City is something else. God will one day deliver Mushin from Baba Alado guys, Idi Araba guys, Moshalashi guys and Ojuwoye guys. I miss that place though.

1. Island
Personally I think this is the only place that can trump Mushin in the whole of Lagos state. Lagos Island popularly called Isale Eko has been notorious since the 60s. They have the most vicious gang battles, they engage in fraud, they do forgery (Oluwole things), they are scammers, they "wash" currencies, they rob, they process travelling documents etc. Do you know how much they collect before containers can be offloaded. It's only in Eko that you'll see guys with singlets, dirty jean trousers, WHITE dunlop slippers and a chain worth hundreds of thousands of naira on their necks. SMH! They are the omo onile, they sell lands as if God is their biological father, they disturb developers, they can kill at the slightest provocation and they have real "instruments". English toh bad.

Do you have any additions or subtractions? Your comments are welcome.
I'm a freelancer and I write features. If you need articles for your blogs or websites contact me on 08097843667- whatsapp only.

Why u dey group Fadeyi and Bariga together? 2 diff slums if u ask me, u for add Isolo with Oshodi o... Those guys don't fight with guns, dem use juju!!!!! undecided

Well, Iyana Ipaja isn't as notorious tho.. Jex 1 clumsy area. Agege no be beta place, don't wish it on my enemy sef, tho have gaht fam there
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by pinkyliceous(f): 6:55am On May 25, 2016
Na you sabi.

Odunharry:

lol.. Festac dey learn work..
No be Festac here for Amuwo odofin again??
No even mention Festac again at all
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Perfecttouch(m): 6:58am On May 25, 2016
Bekwarra:
5. Ijora/Orile
I grouped these two together due to proximity. Ijora I can say categorically has the highest number of brothels in Lagos state. It is a slum where people live in squalor and poverty. The abode of all sorts of society rejects. Wherever you see brothels, then you know all sort of criminals abound there from armed robbers to fraudsters and drug addicts. A trip to Ijora might save me the stress of trying to describe an area of chaos and sodomy. Not that every other person you see in Ijora is bad, there are good people in some parts but the huge slum on the swamps and the dump sites along Orile are something else. At times you might want to think there's no government presence there. Light robberies, bag-snatching, drug peddling etc are the order of the day. Ijora, Badia, Orile are not for gentlemen.

4. Oshodi
I don't think Oshodi need introduction to any Lagosian. If you don't know Oshodi, then you don't know Lagos. Arguably the busiest bus stop in Lagos with inter state parks scattered everywhere. Oshodi is so notorious and despite Babatunde Fashola's best efforts to sanitize it, it still retains its notoriety. London Boys and Railway Line guys are still holding it by the jugular. The de facto emperor of Oshodi Musiliu Akinsanya AKA MC Oluomo is still holding sway with occasional gun battles for the soul of the NURTW cash cow by the different factions. The Railway Boys and London Boys are perennially at loggerheads. There are scammers, fraudsters, pick pockets and bag snatchers everywhere. When you are in Oshodi, always hold your pockets or bag firmly. Never allow a stranger you don't know hug you or get too close to you. Don't stop to talk to anyone claiming he just returned from Cotonou with good and looking for direction. Enough said for now.

3. Ajegunle
Twale 23million times. Is there anyone in Lagos that has never heard of Ajegunle? Chai! I still have a girl in Boundary sha *licks lips*. I respect Ajegunle a lot when it comes to being notorious. All crimes I mean all crimes you can think of as far as Lagos state is concerned are situated in that slum called Ajegunle. Apart from producing some of the best musicians Nigeria has ever known and some of the craziest lyrics and dance moves, Ajegunle also has many ugly side including but not limited to prostitution, drug-peddling and abuse, fraud, scam, thievery, vandalism, robbery, kidnapping etc. A real definiton of a slum and a ghetto.

2. Mushin
Well, I grew up here and I can rant about Mushin for the whole day. Mushin is notorious to a fault. In fact when you tell anybody that you are from Mushin, their countenance changes immediately. Mushin strikes fear into the heart of many people. Too much of everything chai! In fact some people find it hard to believe their are actually cool peeps in Mushin despite the fact that there are some totally perfect gentlemen. Mushin is so blessed with some rough neighbourhoods that will make even angels shiver with fear. Idi Araba, Morgan, Kekere-owo, Olushoga (OPC), Oloruntosin, Idi Oro, Ojuwoye, Moshalasi, Oju Ina, Wey, Akala, Olateju, Olorunsogo, Ile Epo Isale, Itire, Ladipo, Alasalatu, Alhaji Otta etc. These areas are just too notorious and not for gentlemen. You can't just walk through them anyhow. Robbery, fights, scam, fraud are in abundance. There was a time that hardly will a day go by without you hearing gunshots. If you are a policeman and you are posted to Mushin, go and beg the police service commission. Cultism is a thing of pride and most guys are engaged in it. It is so rampant that it is gradually becoming an identity. There are robbers, scammers, gangsters, fraudsters, kidnappers everywhere. You might not know your neighbour whose room precedes yours is an armed robber. You might not know that guy who plays the keyboard in church is Aiye Number One. Mooshine City is something else. God will one day deliver Mushin from Baba Alado guys, Idi Araba guys, Moshalashi guys and Ojuwoye guys. I miss that place though.

1. Island
Personally I think this is the only place that can trump Mushin in the whole of Lagos state. Lagos Island popularly called Isale Eko has been notorious since the 60s. They have the most vicious gang battles, they engage in fraud, they do forgery (Oluwole things), they are scammers, they "wash" currencies, they rob, they process travelling documents etc. Do you know how much they collect before containers can be offloaded. It's only in Eko that you'll see guys with singlets, dirty jean trousers, WHITE dunlop slippers and a chain worth hundreds of thousands of naira on their necks. SMH! They are the omo onile, they sell lands as if God is their biological father, they disturb developers, they can kill at the slightest provocation and they have real "instruments". English toh bad.

Do you have any additions or subtractions? Your comments are welcome.
I'm a freelancer and I write features. If you need articles for your blogs or websites contact me on 08097843667- whatsapp only.

2 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Menzy86(m): 7:00am On May 25, 2016
If I ever have to live in Lagos in my life I might end up spending all my earnings on accommodation because mehn can't imagine having to live in these kinda areas OP mentioned.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Kenkaniff(m): 7:13am On May 25, 2016
I prefer egbeda to oshodi but like them both smiley
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by jmann2(m): 7:18am On May 25, 2016
Mile 2 suppose to be 1,2,3&4.

Try mile 2 early morning or late evening and see hell fire face to face.

2 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Soyhe(f): 7:22am On May 25, 2016
I rep this area....... Thumbs up
ajepako:
Representing Epe, my home town

And

Pedro, Gbagada, palmgrove... My hood..

Very peaceful, crime rate, minimal, gangsters, very few..
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Nobody: 7:22am On May 25, 2016
OP. Your list na confirm.
CONFIRM LIST..!

Fadeyi representing........, you can trust the Ikorodu road locked down if the war begins.
Street gates closed, panic everywhere. That area made me a tough person.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by lamideee(f): 7:36am On May 25, 2016
Mushin should have top the list. Anytime there is chaos in mushin even cars suffer for it because they will just enter a street and start breaking the windscreen of all cars parked on the street. And you dare not challenge them unless you are ready to pay a visit to God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Funjosh(m): 7:37am On May 25, 2016
grandstar:
Mile 2 is Actually a bus stop and not a hood

It seems you don't know that their are people staying at Mile2 estate.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Lovexme(m): 7:44am On May 25, 2016
victor2008:
oshodi ,mushin,mile 2,ajegunle,ikotun,etc

Take Ikotun off that list. Nothing notorious about it.
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 7:44am On May 25, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Na you sabi.

Lol.. u too . morning to you
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Billiondoe: 8:01am On May 25, 2016
WIZGUY69:
Very Accurate Rating, But those place are overhyped when one compares them to places like : mpape, agwandodo(Abuja) or Koto (Ibadan)

Reping Lere!grin

This mumu has been obtained in Koto. What's so notorious about Koto? Okay they sell drugs, sell and buy stolen phones. How many people have been killed there or do they even shoot guns? Koto is inside Sabo and what happens normally in all Sabos? Fish brain
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Nobody: 8:08am On May 25, 2016
Fear Ekiti guys, you can't defeat them unless you kill them( juju and ruggedility go hand in hand come give them gun join).
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by WIZGUY69(m): 8:20am On May 25, 2016
Billiondoe:

This mumu has been obtained in Koto. What's so notorious about Koto? Okay they sell drugs, sell and buy stolen phones. How many people have been killed there or do they even shoot guns? Koto is inside Sabo and what happens normally in all Sabos? Fish brain

shocked Madam! we de quarrel before?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jakpa Advise: Think Critically / Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government / I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.