Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay (1446 Views)

Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs / ''I Carry Bible Bullets To Fight APC'' - Fayose Blows As PDP Govs Dump Sheriff / Wike Climbed Into The Governorship Seat Over Dead Bodies - Prof Itse Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by MizMyColi(f): 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Buhari is not sincere with corruption fight, APC more corrupt, Lagos INEC officials under Tinubu’s payroll —Sagay

A major crack appeared to have hit the All Progressives Congress (APC) government of General Mohamadu Buhari as Professor Itse Sagay (SAN), who is heading the President’s advisory committee on anti-corruption has said the federal government was not sincere with fight against corruption.

He also alluded that top officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) are on the payroll of Tinubu, saying; “All the INEC officials in Lagos are on the payroll of someone who will ask you what it takes to win. Someone who is ready to give you more than you ask for.”

Sagay, an ally of APC National Leader, Bola Tinubu said in an interview in the Sunday Tribune that the anti-corruption fight was just in the media.

He also said the APC was more corrupt, pointing out that; “What people don’t know is that the APC is more corrupt, but unlike the PDP, they will do projects that people will see, although they will not be of good standards. But people will still see something. And if you try to probe into those projects, you will realise that they have defrauded Nigerians they take even more than the PDP, because they have a clever way of doing that. That is the truth.

He said; “We are not sincere with our anti-graft fight. It is just on the media we see it. Before you can say you want to fight corruption, you must put certain things in place, because a hungry man will steal. Let us put necessary infrastructure in place. Let the people be well remunerated, then you can now begin to impose sanctions.”

Speaking further, Sagay said; “Immediately President Buhari got to Aso Rock, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Department of State [Security] Service (DSS), as if they have not existed before, began to arrest and do all sort of things. But, if you look at it holistically, are they saying it is only PDP governors or public office holders that are corrupt? No. One thing is that they are doing whatever they are doing to please the president, who can hire and fire them. Which of the governors, out of the 36 states, is not corrupt? So, why is it that only PDP people are being chased up and down?”

Asked if as the head of the advisory committee on corruption, he was not satisfied with the anti-graft fight of President Buhari, Sagay said; “As much as I am not a politician, one thing I know is that the anti-corruption crusade is selective, but most of the people being pursued by the EFCC are corrupt.

“What we are saying is that all others in the APC that are stealing should also be chased if President Buhari is really serious about this corruption of a thing. It is only then that the fight against corruption can be seen as fair and balanced. When there is no equity and justice, people will begin to doubt your integrity in whatever you are pursuing.

“For instance, if we recall 1983 when Buhari/Idiagbon came to office, immediately they knew there was corruption, they changed Nigerian currency so that all the people that had stolen money and kept it at home had such rendered useless and all corrupt officials were arrested.

“But you also have to remember that Ambrose Ali died in prison; Adelakun, who was deputy governor to Bola Ige, died in prison; Olabisi Onabanjo developed kidney problem in the prison. Most of these people were Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) governors. But in whose house was N50 million cash belonging to the government was found? That person was only given a house arrest, because he is a Northerner. No Northerner was treated the way they treated the Southern governors. That is why as much as I respect President Buhari, I know that his sincerity is not total.

“If you remember the case of the 53 suitcases, Abubakar Atiku was the Customs officer in charge and it was through the back door that they used to bring in the 53 suitcases to Nigeria. But they were intercepted; Atiku was in Customs then. But when he wanted to make trouble about it, he was sacked by Buhari and nothing was done. What is [sance] for the goose is [sance] for the gander.

“The only way people can respect you or your integrity is when the children of the people you don’t know at all and yours commit a crime and you deal with them accordingly; people will respect you.

“Corruption is everywhere. It is endemic, and that is why he should not focus on one side.

“Our anti-graft fight is cosmetic; we are not serious about it. I must be sincere with you. I think the APC will try a little, but what is supposed to be done with N50 billion, they will do it with N100 billion. But you know the thing about Nigerians is that, if you tell them you want to tar the road that leads to their house and they see the road tarred, they don’t want to know how much you have spent. The only thing you will hear is this is an action man; he promised and he has done it.

“What people don’t know is that the APC is more corrupt, but unlike the PDP, they will do projects that people will see, although they will not be of good standards. But people will still see something. And if you try to probe into those projects, you will realise that they have defrauded Nigerians they take even more than the PDP, because they have a clever way of doing that. That is the truth.”

Speaking on the independence of INEC, Sagay said “people still buy INEC and that is the truth. In Lagos State, for instance, no other party can win except the APC. All the INEC officials in Lagos are on the payroll of someone who will ask you what it takes to win. Someone who is ready to give you more than you ask for.”

“That is why you see a civil servant who is an INEC official with so much money. I have many friends among them and the salary of these senior people is not more than N150,000 per month, but they have houses everywhere. Where did they get the money? One of them, after the 2011 elections, bought a home of about N100 million, where did he get the money?”

He also called for a total implementation of recommendations of the 2014 National Conference.

He said; “I must tell you without prejudice that the consensus of the 2014 national confab must be implemented. I am telling you the truth; the whole of Nigerians were well-represented at that confab. Every geopolitical zone was represented and they arrived at vital decisions. Let us implement those decisions so that we can move forward.”

http://tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-is-not-sincere-with-corruption-fight

http://wazobiareporters.com/2015/12/20/buhari-is-not-sincere-with-corruption-fight-apc-more-corrupt-lagos-inec-officials-under-tinubus-payroll-sagay/
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by MindTwister: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Lol
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by Specialbaby(f): 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
Wailers wouldnt like this
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by Bevista: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
---
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by wayaa007(m): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
Itse Sagay criticising Apc and Pdp, this man has gained my respect again...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by fistonati(m): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
Sagay, buhari will report u to EFCC oooo, na ibo's buhari dey investigate. I don tell u ooo.

APC fools defend this

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by praxisnetworks: 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
grin fashola's 78m website still on my mind
Amaechi still a person of concern

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by doctokwus: 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
Expect a denial tomorrow.
But if he actually said this,then it's a real damning verdict.
Sincerely I perceive that sense that the selectiveness of this so called anti corruption fight is casting a shadow on it.How can d likes of Saraki,his wife,Dino still be freemen and the worst was making that Ogun state finance commissioner with many allegations of corruption on her head, the minister of finance.
For me, as long as Saraki is walking free with his wife just because they are of the APC,then d fight is a joke.
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by MizMyColi(f): 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
Itse Sagay's a wailer too, I suppose.

Sagay has just said the bitter truth.
But what could have drove him to be so brazen and bold?

Something is not adding up.
There are serious unrelated cracks within the APC.

That gladdens my heartsmiley

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by Jesusloveyou: 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
Food for wailers with authentic sauce

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by omowolewa: 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
Something is wrong with this government.
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
Interesting!
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by asEdeyHOT: 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
Wazobiareporters?

Very interesting indeed

I will wait till more trustworthy news agencies report it.

Regardless, it is the opinion of one man. These are very interesting claims and I would imagine that he has the evidence to back them up

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by Jesusloveyou: 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
doctokwus:
Expect a denial tomorrow.
But if he actually said this,then it's a real damning verdict.
Sincerely I perceive that sense that the selectiveness of this so called anti corruption fight is casting a shadow on it.How can d likes of Saraki,his wife,Dino still be freemen and the worst was making that Ogun state finance commissioner with many allegations of corruption on her head, the minister of finance.
For me, as long as Saraki is walking free with his wife just because they are of the APC,then d fight is a joke.
hehehehehe, i think pdp said buhari is witch hunting saraki, because of senate leadership, so how is it buhari fault, again let me correct u and op and sagay that d war against corruption has not start, both pdp and apc wil be probe, PMB cannot be selective nor support and encourage corruption

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by helpee(m): 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
it is even worse than obasanjo era. obasanjo may not prosecute you if you are his ally and corrupt but he wont put you in key position. Buhari govt is held by the jugular mainly by corrupt people. Amaechi, a confirmed thief is a minister. Fashola of the 78million website fame is made a super minister without any form of query. If that is what it means to fight corruption then the war is dead on arrival.
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by Demmocrats(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
He also said the APC was more corrupt, pointing out that; “What people don’t know is that the APC is more corrupt, but unlike the PDP, they will do projects that people will see, although they will not be of good standards. But people will still see something. And if you try to probe into those projects, you will realise that they have defrauded Nigerians they take even more than the PDP, because they have a clever way of doing that. That is the truth

I said it and some small brains starting attacking me, the truth can never be hidden.

https://www.nairaland.com/2812611/dasukigate-jonathan-headache-sun#41166773

But, if you look at it holistically, are they saying it is only PDP governors or public office holders that are corrupt? No.

Let i said earlier on, they are selecting who to using corruption against.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by Ajuba1: 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2015
No wonder APC is always winning in Lagos state..
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by segalex: 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
I knew this can't be from itse sagay that I know and my suspicion was confirmed when I tried opening the Nigerian Tribune link, that link is fake and I think the op should be banned for posting false information here thereby violating rule 8 of nairaland
Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by asEdeyHOT: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
segalex:
I knew this can't be from itse sagay that I know and my suspicion was confirmed when I tried opening the Nigerian Tribune link, that link is fake and I think the op should be banned for posting false information here thereby violating rule 8 of nairaland

grin grin

No they had it up earlier. They probably copied it from one of the fake PDP sponsored blogs and took it down after doing more investigations

This will be another version of the fake dead soldiers episode that the OP created weeks ago

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
May God bless you Mr Sagay for your sincerity. Though Buhari and his theiving team would castigate you later, it is better to stand on the side of TRUTH

Re: Buhari Is Not Sincere With Corruption Fight, APC More Corrupt - Itse Sagay by Mynd44: 10:29pm On Dec 20, 2015

(1)

The Rising Sun Set East Ablase? / Alison Madueke Is Still Alive!!! / Breaking: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Application Adjourned To Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.