Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

“all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay (2697 Views)

I’m Not ‘Come And Chop’ Politicians Like APC Leaders – Prof. Sagay / Fayose Is On The Road To Self-destruction — Prof. Sagay / 8-Year-Old Children Among Bauchi "Teachers" On Payroll Of Govt. - Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

“all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by tafrica(m): 8:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
A major crack appeared to have hit the All Progressives Congress (APC) government of General Mohamadu Buhari as Professor Itse Sagay (SAN), who is heading the President’s advisory committee on anti-corruption has said the federal government was not sincere with fight against corruption.

He also alluded that top officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) are on the payroll of Tinubu, saying; “All the INEC officials in Lagos are on the payroll of someone who will ask you what it takes to win. Someone who is ready to give you more than you ask for.”

“ALL THE INEC OFFICIALS IN LAGOS ARE ON THE PAYROLL OF SOMEONE” – PROF. SAGAY BUHARI’S ANTI-CORRUPTION ADVISER SUBS TINUBU
admin | December 20, 2015 | News | 0 Comments
A major crack appeared to have hit the All Progressives Congress (APC) government of General Mohamadu Buhari as Professor Itse Sagay (SAN), who is heading the President’s advisory committee on anti-corruption has said the federal government was not sincere with fight against corruption.

He also alluded that top officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) are on the payroll of Tinubu, saying; “All the INEC officials in Lagos are on the payroll of someone who will ask you what it takes to win. Someone who is ready to give you more than you ask for.”

Sagay, an ally of APC National Leader, Bola Tinubu said in an interview in the Sunday Tribune that the anti-corruption fight was just in the media.

He also said the APC was more corrupt, pointing out that; “What people don’t know is that the APC is more corrupt, but unlike the PDP, they will do projects that people will see, although they will not be of good standards.  But people will still see something. And if you try to probe into those projects, you will realise that they have defrauded Nigerians they take even more than the PDP, because they have a clever way of doing that. That is the truth.

He said; “We are not sincere with our anti-graft fight. It is just on the media we see it. Before you can say you want to fight corruption, you must put certain things in place, because a hungry man will steal. Let us put necessary infrastructure in place. Let the people be well remunerated, then you can now begin to impose sanctions.”

Speaking further, Sagay said; “Immediately President Buhari got to Aso Rock, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Department of State [Security] Service (DSS), as if they have not existed before, began to arrest and do all sort of things. But, if you look at it holistically, are they saying it is only PDP governors or public office holders that are corrupt? No. One thing is that they are doing whatever they are doing to please the president, who can hire and fire them. Which of the governors, out of the 36 states, is not corrupt? So, why is it that only PDP people are being chased up and down?”

Asked if as the head of the advisory committee on corruption, he was not satisfied with the anti-graft fight of President Buhari, Sagay said; “As much as I am not a politician, one thing I know is that the anti-corruption crusade is selective, but most of the people being pursued by the EFCC are corrupt.

“What we are saying is that all others in the APC that are stealing should also be chased if President Buhari is really serious about this corruption of a thing. It is only then that the fight against corruption can be seen as fair and balanced. When there is no equity and justice, people will begin to doubt your integrity in whatever you are pursuing.

“For instance, if we recall 1983 when Buhari/Idiagbon came to office, immediately they knew there was corruption, they changed Nigerian currency so that all the people that had stolen money and kept it at home had such rendered useless and all corrupt officials were arrested.

“But you also have to remember that Ambrose Ali died in prison; Adelakun, who was deputy governor to Bola Ige, died in prison; Olabisi Onabanjo developed kidney problem in the prison. Most of these people were Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) governors. But in whose house was N50 million cash belonging to the government was found? That person was only given a house arrest, because he is a Northerner. No Northerner was treated the way they treated the Southern governors. That is why as much as I respect President Buhari, I know that his sincerity is not total.

“If you remember the case of the 53 suitcases, Abubakar Atiku was the Customs officer in charge and it was through the back door that they used to bring in the 53 suitcases to Nigeria. But they were intercepted; Atiku was in Customs then. But when he wanted to make trouble about it, he was sacked by Buhari and nothing was done. What is [sance] for the goose is [sance] for the gander.

“The only way people can respect you or your integrity is when the children of the people you don’t know at all and yours commit a crime and you deal with them accordingly; people will respect you.

“Corruption is everywhere. It is endemic, and that is why he should not focus on one side.

“Our anti-graft fight is cosmetic; we are not serious about it. I must be sincere with you. I think the APC will try a little, but what is supposed to be done with N50 billion, they will do it with N100 billion. But you know the thing about Nigerians is that, if you tell them you want to tar the road that leads to their house and they see the road tarred, they don’t want to know how much you have spent. The only thing you will hear is this is an action man; he promised and he has done it.

“What people don’t know is that the APC is more corrupt, but unlike the PDP, they will do projects that people will see, although they will not be of good standards. But people will still see something. And if you try to probe into those projects, you will realise that they have defrauded Nigerians they take even more than the PDP, because they have a clever way of doing that. That is the truth.”

Speaking on the independence of INEC, Sagay said “people still buy INEC and that is the truth. In Lagos State, for instance, no other party can win except the APC. All the INEC officials in Lagos are on the payroll of someone who will ask you what it takes to win. Someone who is ready to give you more than you ask for.”

“That is why you see a civil servant who is an INEC official with so much money. I have many friends among them and the salary of these senior people is not more than N150,000 per month, but they have houses everywhere. Where did they get the money? One of them, after the 2011 elections, bought a home of about N100 million, where did he get the money?”

He also called for a total implementation of recommendations of the 2014 National Conference.

He said; “I must tell you without prejudice that the consensus of the 2014 national confab must be implemented. I am telling you the truth; the whole of Nigerians were well-represented at that confab. Every geopolitical zone was represented and they arrived at vital decisions. Let us implement those decisions so that we can move forward.”

https:///Gu24QM63e7

http://www.thewhistleng.com/all-the-inec-officials-in-lagos-are-on-the-payroll-of-someone-prof-sagay-buharis-anti-corruption-adviser-subs-tinubu/

http://tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-is-not-sincere-with-corruption-fight-—sagay

http://newswirengr.com/2015/12/20/man-who-heads-buharis-committee-on-corruption-prof-segay-says-the-president-is-not-sincere/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.ionigeria.com/11234-2/#.VncIZL4m6Ly.twitter

Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44, Ishilove

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by MindTwister: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
Who
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by Clerverly: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
FAKE NEWS! With Useless Source

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by merry02(m): 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
Bad market for the APC. Broom carers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by feldido(m): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
He said the truth, but I don't believe d source
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by tomakint: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
This is the Pandora Box I have been silently praying unto God to open in Lagos last concluded elections.....Lagos Election was a big fraud, if elections in Rivers, Akwa Ibom can be upturned, Lagos, Kano, etc must follow suit...thanks to Sagay for this shocker...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by tafrica(m): 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
Seun, Ishilove, mynd44, lalasticlala
Another source added
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by jouchmaleo: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
Apc sycophant will still come out to defend their dull leader.

NDI ARA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by tafrica(m): 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
Good night Lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove and mynd44. Hope this makes FP tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by kenny987(f): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Let mad sycophants keep denying d obvious and supporting evil. It will consume them all in no distant time.

The CONFAB report is sitting there and no one is even reviewing it with a view to implementing its recommendations yet mad persons revile those that seek to chart a different course and bear an identity different from Nigeria.

The date with the truth is near...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by asEdeyHOT: 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
All the sources provided for this article are fake PDP blogs.

The only recognizable source is the one from Tribune and they have taken it down after realizing it is bogus

Itse Sagay will only give this interview to reputable news outlets

Shame on PDP and wailers. They tried to deceive Nigerians with the fake 200 dead soldiers weeks ago, since the, not one widow or family members have asked for the whereabouts of their husband or loved ones

Another PDP sponsored fake news to fight the war against corruption

10 Likes

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by Rad1cal: 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
Clerverly:

Olodo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by Chubhie: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Real common sense revolution! We know better now.

He also said the APC was more corrupt, pointing out that; “What people don’t know is that the APC is more corrupt, but unlike the PDP, they will do projects that people will see, although they will not be of good standards. But people will still see something. And if you try to probe into those projects, you will realise that they have defrauded Nigerians they take even more than the PDP, because they have a clever way of doing that. That is the truth.
Only zombies will dispute this!

“Our anti-graft fight is cosmetic; we are not serious about it. I must be sincere with you. I think the APC will try a little, but what is supposed to be done with N50 billion, they will do it with N100 billion. But you know the thing about Nigerians is that, if you tell them you want to tar the road that leads to their house and they see the road tarred, they don’t want to know how much you have spent. The only thing you will hear is this is an action man; he promised and he has done it.
Fashola!

I love people who are courageous to speak the truth. Nairalanders, behold a worthy mentor. Such a friend of the masses.
The future looks promising with Prof Sagay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by fistonati(m): 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
Do someone need to tell you the name of Nigeria's defacto INEC chairman and its defacto headquarter is in..............

1 Like

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by Dcomrade(m): 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
Lalasticlala good morning grin tongue

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by kenny987(f): 10:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
Did u actually try opening the sites? The Tribune one is right there on d op and not pulled down as u said. It also works and opens to what is posted here on the op so how do u justify ur assertion that it is fake news or PDP sponsored?

asEdeyHOT:

The only recognizable source is the one from Tribune and they have taken it down after realizing it is bogus

Shame on PDP and wailers. They tried to deceive Nigerians with the fake 200 dead soldiers weeks ago, since the, not one widow or family members have asked for the whereabouts of their husband or loved ones

4 Likes

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by asEdeyHOT: 10:52pm On Dec 20, 2015
kenny987:
Did u actually try opening the sites? The Tribune one is right there on d op and not pulled down as u said. It also works and opens to what is posted here on the op so how do u justify ur assertion that it is fake news or PDP sponsored?

I am not familiar with news outlets such as, The Whistle. Ionigeria and the newsgr. These are blogs set up for propaganda purposes

How come none of the major news agencies are reporting it?

You think Itse Sagay will want to make such pronouncements on blogs?

I doubt the authenticity of the report and I stand by my position

It is fake news by PDP blogs

2 Likes

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by tafrica(m): 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
kenny987:

Don't mind him jare. I doubt he even clicked the link, he only echoed what others are ignorantly saying that tribune has brought it down.

I just checked the link again, the story is still on their webpage.

2 Likes

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by kenny987(f): 11:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
asEdeyHOT:

I am not familiar with news outlets such as, The Whistle. Ionigeria and the newsgr. These are blogs set up for propaganda purposes

How come none of the major news agencies are reporting it?

You think Itse Sagay will want to make such pronouncements on blogs?

I doubt the authenticity of the report and I stand by my position

It is fake news by PDP blogs

According to you, the only recognizable one is Tribune and it is right there, working as expected. Have they also carried fake news? That u are not familiar with others doesn't make them fake or non-credit worthy.

The business of journalism is not locked down to the oldies like Vanguard, Punch, Nation and co. Others come into it as they can and it's quite uncharitable for u to decide that they have carried fake news or lies simply because u aren't familiar with them.

3 Likes

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by Naijji: 11:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
It is wa
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by Elose11(m): 11:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
asEdeyHOT:

My man you lied! I just read the whole interview on Tribuneonline. Stop behaving like an ostrich.

3 Likes

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by asEdeyHOT: 11:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
kenny987:

According to you, the only recognizable one is Tribune and it is right there, working as expected. Have they also carried fake news? That u are not familiar with others doesn't make them fake or non-credit worthy.

The business of journalism is not locked down to the oldies like Vanguard, Punch, Nation and co. Others come into it as they can and it's quite uncharitable got u to decide that they have carried fake news or lies simply because u aren't familiar with them.

I am not here to argue with you sir

I just find it funny that it is PDP blogs carrying the news.

This is the link on the OP and it is not working because they took it down.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-is-not-sincere-with-corruption-fight-
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by Lordtrillion(m): 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ok
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by kenny987(f): 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
asEdeyHOT:

It is not down...it's right there on their site. I'm not arguing with u anyway...it's ur browser and whatever u see. U are just being highly uncharitable by reducing people's businesses to mere PDP blogs simply because the news isn't in favour of the government or d ruling party.

PS: I'm female not a sir.

4 Likes

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by tafrica(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
asEdeyHOT:

When I first read about your arguement that it had been brought down, I had to wait for more people to confirm it was opening even after I had discovered your arguement was false.
At least 2-3 people have confirmed it's opening.
You could have said the the link you clicked wasn't opening rather than claiming tribune brought it down as if you were the one that brough it down.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-is-not-sincere-with-corruption-fight-—sagay

1 Like

Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by TimeManager(m): 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
This News Is So Fake Like An Artificial Implant. I 'd Believe Kim K's Butt Is Real Than This So Called Junkie.

No Lie Only Truth!
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by asEdeyHOT: 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
kenny987:

It is not down...it's right there on their site. I'm not arguing with u anyway...it's ur browser and whatever u see. U are just being highly uncharitable by reducing people's businesses to mere PDP blogs simply because the news isn't in favour of the government or d ruling party.

PS: I'm female not a sir.

Ok ma . No vex

I cannot open the link still.

I am sure things will be clearer in the next 24 hours

Have a goodnight
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by asEdeyHOT: 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
TimeManager:
This News Is So Fake Like An Artificial Implant. I 'd Believe Kim K's Butt Is Real Than This So Called Junkie.
No Lie Only Truth!

grin grin grin grin

Oga be careful oooo

They will come after you

Let us all agree with them
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by fistonati(m): 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
The weedy Lagos boy will hopefully be buried in either black Maria or bullion van.
Re: “all The Inec Officials In Lagos Are On The Payroll Of Someone” – Prof. Sagay by tomakint: 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2015
Clerverly:
Is it that you are totally sold out to the devil or what? Source? So you can't pick the realities staring you in the face from Prof. Itsey Sagay's article......you need serious and urgent deliverance!
Cc: Lalasticlala oya food don done.

3 Likes

(1) (2)

Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? / Kanu Speaks From Prison, Sends Message To Buhari / My Dog " Buhari" Went Missing After My Freedom - Chinakwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.