Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip (2216 Views)

Hey Nairaland Guys In The House......will You Rock This Hair Cut? / Ongoing Curfews and Possible Ritual Murders In Sagam/Ikorodu: Macof, How Market? / Hey Guys, take a look at what this beautiful girl turned into for Halloween (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:52am On Dec 21, 2015
You guys check this out....wooo, this makes me want to start studying hieroglyphics now...maybe i can decode like these guys.

Have you guys seen this before? Educate your brother, is this true?

Orunmila/Hor mila/Harum Mila
The messiah' actually referrer to the Word from heaven, (John 6:25-35 and Mat1:18-24) called 'Harum mila' in ancient Hebrew. The Yorubas of Nigeria in their traditional religion of Ifa (Ephod by Septuagint and Ifa or Afa in Hebrew) called the name Orunmila (Hor'mila/Harum mila).
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by tpiar: 2:33am On Dec 21, 2015
are you implying a link with haram?
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:01am On Dec 21, 2015
tpiar:

I dont know if haram is a connection to that or not. Im here to learn on this egypt thing, its fascinating.

But nice observation because im noticing that Haram, Harem, Hiram, Horum are all synonymous. Haram is Arabic word though, not Hebrew, right?

Whay do you know about these things tpiar? You notice also they say Ifa/Afa exisyed in ancient Hebrew.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by sugni: 6:00am On Dec 21, 2015
following...
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by macof(m): 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
You guys check this out....wooo, this makes me want to start studying hieroglyphics now...maybe i can decode like these guys.

The messiah' actually referrer to the Word from heaven, (John 6:25-35 and Mat1:18-24) called 'Harum mila' in ancient Hebrew. The Yorubas of Nigeria in their traditional religion of Ifa (Ephod by Septuagint and Ifa or Afa in Hebrew) called the name Orunmila (Hor'mila/Harum mila).

The bible passages you gave has nothing to do with what you're talking about

do you speak hebrew? Or u just listen to every dumb fellow? Cus "Harum" would mean Forbidden like "Haram" in Arabic. And has nothing to do with orunmila
Ephod is nothing but a ritual material worn by ancient jewish priests, it has nothing to do with Ifa

Stop forcing yorubas to a people who have nothing in common with us

2 Likes

Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by tpiar: 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I dont know if haram is a connection to that or not. Im here to learn on this egypt thing, its fascinating.

But nice observation because im noticing that Haram, Harem, Hiram, Horum are all synonymous. Haram is Arabic word though, not Hebrew, right?

Whay do you know about these things tpiar? You notice also they say Ifa/Afa exisyed in ancient Hebrew.

I dont know anything about them besides this obvious attempt to introduce boko haram.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
macof:

The bible passages you gave has nothing to do with what you're talking about

do you speak hebrew? Or u just listen to every dumb fellow? Cus "Harum" would mean Forbidden like "Haram" in Arabic. And has nothing to do with orunmila
Ephod is nothing but a ritual material worn by ancient jewish priests, it has nothing to do with Ifa

Stop forcing yorubas to a people who have nothing in common with us

Your response makes no sense. sad I thought you are someone with deep knowledge in these topics, Im dissapointed.

How can you just say Harum mean forbidden and conclude no connection. I guess im looking for insight from a wrong contributor. Don't say anymore, Ill wait for other people to show up and contribute. Thanks.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by macof(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Your response makes no sense. sad I thought you are someone with deep knowledge in these topics, Im dissapointed.

How can you just say Harum mean forbidden and conclude no connection. I guess im looking for insight from a wrong contributor. Don't say anymore, Ill wait for other people to show up and contribute. Thanks.

grin grin it makes no sense? Cus you didn't see
"Oh yes! Hor'mila/Harum mila is hebrew for orunmila"

Obviously you are not looking for someone with any sort of knowledge but someone who just agrees with you.

4 Likes

Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by MetaPhysical: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

My brother,
Your excitement hints that this a new area of discovery for you. I am familiar with where this information came from. I don't know how you came about this but if you obtained it from the original article, further into the contents they mentioned certain refrerences in the Old Testament which they claimed is devoid of clarity and completion. It appeared as if a certain important track dissapeared with no trace whatsoever. The article called on anyone interested in the completion and clarity to study Yoruba creation story in order to rediscover the lost track.

So if you are looking for confirmatio on whether or not Orunmila is same as Hormilla or Horu' mila, the answe is yes, the same entity.

wink
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by MetaPhysical: 10:25am On Dec 22, 2015
tpiar:

Haram means something exclusive. It does not mean forbidden.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by macof(m): 11:14am On Dec 22, 2015
MetaPhysical:

Haram means something exclusive. It does not mean forbidden.

Do you speak arabic? Did you get this from an arabic - english dictionary?
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:39am On Dec 23, 2015
MetaPhysical:

My brother,
Your excitement hints that this a new area of discovery for you. I am familiar with where this information came from. I don't know how you came about this but if you obtained it from the original article, further into the contents they mentioned certain refrerences in the Old Testament which they claimed is devoid of clarity and completion. It appeared as if a certain important track dissapeared with no trace whatsoever. The article called on anyone interested in the completion and clarity to study Yoruba creation story in order to rediscover the lost track.

So if you are looking for confirmatio on whether or not Orunmila is same as Hormilla or Horu' mila, the answe is yes, the same entity.

wink

Metaphysical,
Ill go straight to the point...im getting fascinated by the twists and turns in these connections. Life is dynamic and i can see the dynamism of Yoruba foundantion. So i went looking on my own and started with the father of everything, Orunmila himself, then voila....i saw this thing online. I dont even have a clue who or what Hormilla or Harum Milla is but only a deaf person will ignore what they stated in that piece. I didnt know there is a book to it. There is a book on Orunmilla and Hor Milla?

Dude, are you an instructor? I need to learn these mysteries mehn.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:43am On Dec 23, 2015
macof:

grin grin it makes no sense? Cus you didn't see
"Oh yes! Hor'mila/Harum mila is hebrew for orunmila"

Obviously you are not looking for someone with any sort of knowledge but someone who just agrees with you.

Alagba, i noticed even in other historicals on Yoruba the moment someone start talking about Yoruba outside Ile Ife you become agitated. What are you afraid of?
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by macof(m): 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Alagba, i noticed even in other historicals on Yoruba the moment someone start talking about Yoruba outside Ile Ife you become agitated. What are you afraid of?

every single move to pit yorubas with arabs and hebrews have failed in areas of linguistics, oral traditions, Spirituality even our very dna
but Ife has been the answer
it doesn't take hebrews and arabs to make yorubas a great people

I've told you Hor'mila or Harum mila got nothing to do with orunmila. .if you say I have no sense to say that. .suit urself. . you won't be the first or last person to insult the yorubas in such unconscious way

your arrogant ignorance is much too irritating. . you have already declared urself a novice and ignorant on the matter. .on the other hand , I'm familiar with hebrew words, Culture and theology

2 Likes

Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
macof:

every single move to pit yorubas with arabs and hebrews have failed in areas of linguistics, oral traditions, Spirituality even our very dna
but Ife has been the answer
it doesn't take hebrews and arabs to make yorubas a great people

I've told you Hor'mila or Harum mila got nothing to do with orunmila. .if you say I have no sense to say that. .suit urself. . you won't be the first or last person to insult the yorubas in such unconscious way

your arrogant ignorance is much too irritating. . you have already declared urself a novice and ignorant on the matter. .on the other hand , I'm familiar with hebrew words, Culture and theology

Who made the tongues in which the language is spoken? God made it. Who owns the feelings from which the language find expression? The native speakers, right? But who gave instruction on where you belong by language type? Europeans, true?

The native speakers are making discoveries which can undo the codifications put in place by Europe. I don't think anything is wrong in that. Why are you afraid that it is connecting with Arab and Hebrew? So what if it does? In what ways are Arabs or Hebrews better than Yorubas? You are intimidated, simple!
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by macof(m): 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Who made the tongues in which the language is spoken? God made it. Who owns the feelings from which the language find expression? The native speakers, right? But who gave instruction on where you belong by language type? Europeans, true?

The native speakers are making discoveries which can undo the codifications put in place by Europe. I don't think anything is wrong in that. Why are you afraid that it is connecting with Arab and Hebrew? So what if it does? In what ways are Arabs or Hebrews better than Yorubas? You are intimidated, simple!

grin grin grin so now yoruba, arabic, hebrew are of the same language group. are you a linguist? do you speak and write yoruba, arabic and hebrew? you will need to be a certified linguist and expert on hebrew and arabic philology to be taken seriously.

why not spend time on something resourceful and beneficial to the yoruba nation?
afraid? what has fear got to do with this? intimidated by what?

be careful what you read online.. . if you like take my advice if you don't suit urself

2 Likes

Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
macof:

grin grin grin so now yoruba, arabic, hebrew are of the same language group. are you a linguist? do you speak and write yoruba, arabic and hebrew? you will need to be a certified linguist and expert on hebrew and arabic philology to be taken seriously.

why not spend time on something resourceful and beneficial to the yoruba nation?
afraid? what has fear got to do with this? intimidated by what?

be careful what you read online.. . if you like take my advice if you don't suit urself

I didnt know youvhad to be a linguist to show interest in Yoruba language and culture or to comment or ask for information from those that know.

If thats the case the Cubans and Puerto Ricans and Bahians should first get tutoring and be certified in linguistics before they can explore why they share similarities and cognates in culture and rites with Yoruba. Do you disagree?

A Deacon, Mr Ogunyoye...i forgot his first name, i think Modupe. who posesses credentials in all those fields you listed, plus more.....wrote a book, not mentioning various scholarship articles and appearances made by him, confirming your fears. Stop being afraid, no Arab can Islamize Yorubaland and no Hebrew can turn us into Jews. Even DNA research concludes that Yoruba has presence in Eurasia...

Are you more knowledgable than these researchers? Arr you more knowledgable than Mr Oduyoye? If you are please Id love to learn from your scholarship. Whats the name of your book?
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I didnt know youvhad to be a linguist to show interest in Yoruba language and culture or to comment or ask for information from those that know.

If thats the case the Cubans and Puerto Ricans and Bahians should first get tutoring and be certified in linguistics before they can explore why they share similarities and cognates in culture and rites with Yoruba. Do you disagree?

A Deacon, Mr Ogunyoye...i forgot his first name, i think Modupe. who posesses credentials in all those fields you listed, plus more.....wrote a book, not mentioning various scholarship articles and appearances made by him, confirming your fears. Stop being afraid, no Arab can Islamize Yorubaland and no Hebrew can turn us into Jews. Even DNA research concludes that Yoruba has presence in Eurasia...

Are you more knowledgable than these researchers? Arr you more knowledgable than Mr Oduyoye? If you are please Id love to learn from your scholarship. Whats the name of your book?

Puerto Rican is a nationality, not an ethnicity, so is Cuban.

Dumbo
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

Puerto Rican is a nationality, not an ethnicity, so is Cuban.

Dumbo

This discussion is between Yoruba brothers and is in the family. Excuse yourself!

1 Like

Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by tpiar: 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

why dont you allow non Yoruba ethnicities to discuss and define their own history, unless you are one?

Yoruba religion is different from Yoruba as an ethnicity.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

This discussion is between Yoruba brothers and is in the family. Excuse yourself!

Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
tpiar:

why dont you allow non Yoruba ethnicities to discuss and define their own history, unless you are one?

Yoruba religion is different from Yoruba as an ethnicity.

I brought an information i found with me and opened the thread to learn more, I do not limit anyone from lerning or sharing what they know. So I dont know what you are talking about in regard to the thread or the referenced quotation. Please elaborate.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I brought an information i found with me and opened the thread to learn more, I do not limit anyone from lerning or sharing what they know. So I dont know what you are talking about in regard to the thread or the referenced quotation. Please elaborate.

Or do you?
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by tpiar: 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by MetaPhysical: 12:02am On Dec 25, 2015
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by 2prexios: 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Great effort op, God bless.

I was discussing with my brother in the morning and this topic came to mind. He is a Christian, and was talking about his childhood that I don't know.

He was talking about being the one that helped grandpa carried his 'apo ifa' when the old man was alive.

I looked questioning, and he said the apo ifa is the same as 'ephod' or ifodu, money is always in it, and chalk, and the opele, and the saworo.

He said 'a life that has not discovered its purpose look outward and is angry with everyone believing anyone is a problem'. I took a mental note.

He talked about such languages that were used in culture shrines being different from the regular language spoken by the same group of people.

At last he said 'no gospel is worst, but the one that was never shared'. Truly, no story is bad but the one that was never shared.

I've really been blessed by that guy being my elder brother in this life. Sorry if it seems I've brought family story here again.

I'm not akudaaya, (zombie). cheesy I belonged to a household I'm very proud of, my pride is not supposed to pain any one except an orphan. So sorry.

I have great love for being loved and strong emotions to express it, love is divine, hate is for children of ceaseless sorrows and moodswings.

enjoy the beauty of the day.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:53am On Dec 26, 2015
Thank you prexios for sharing.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by 2prexios: 11:48am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by 2prexios: 11:48am On Dec 26, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Thank you prexios for sharing.

Welcome,

keep being curious, the more you think the more secret reveals itself to you.

Only a mediocre covers his track with malignant indignation so as not to be demystified as a stranger and a liar.

Don't engage in back and fort feat of anger, so you can establish a cogent point that becomes durable.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by MetaPhysical: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Like 2prexios said and I support, continue to be curious and expand your knowledge. You might end up, like Dr Modupe Oduyoye, and be the one to break the code.

In support of your reference to Dr Oduyoye I opened a thread for general knowledge and wish to deposit in here that the BEST has spoken, anyone that disputes what he said should put their credentials up against his and exhibit their scholarship and facts to the contrary of his conclusions.

Here he is...

[size=16pt]Oduyoye had studied Hebrew at Yale in 1964, Comparative Semitic Linguistics at the Linguistics Institute of the Linguistics Society of America on a grant from the American Council of Learned Societies in 1965, Arabic at Yale from 1965 to 1966 and Middle Egyptian in London from 1969 to1970. Added to this was his intimate knowledge of the traditions of his people, the Yoruba, a considerable knowledge of many Nigerian and African languages and a passionate curiosity about words and their origins.[/size]
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by tpiar: 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fulanization Of Ilorin; The Power Of Curses / Deji Of Akureland: Another Oba Fighting Chieftaincy Fattles / Obi Unfolds Measures To Revive Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.