Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip (2217 Views)

Hey Nairaland Guys In The House......will You Rock This Hair Cut? / Ongoing Curfews and Possible Ritual Murders In Sagam/Ikorodu: Macof, How Market? / Hey Guys, take a look at what this beautiful girl turned into for Halloween (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:29am On Dec 27, 2015
Metaphysic and prexios,
Thanks guys for your word of ecouragement and confidence. Yeah, im starting to read on the topic. I came on a lady jandy on genesis or something like that, she has a collection on almost everybody. Its like a maze, one corridor leads into next, I didnt know this much information on Yoruba root existed on web.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by macof(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I didnt know youvhad to be a linguist to show interest in Yoruba language and culture or to comment or ask for information from those that know.

If thats the case the Cubans and Puerto Ricans and Bahians should first get tutoring and be certified in linguistics before they can explore why they share similarities and cognates in culture and rites with Yoruba. Do you disagree?

A Deacon, Mr Ogunyoye...i forgot his first name, i think Modupe. who posesses credentials in all those fields you listed, plus more.....wrote a book, not mentioning various scholarship articles and appearances made by him, confirming your fears. Stop being afraid, no Arab can Islamize Yorubaland and no Hebrew can turn us into Jews. Even DNA research concludes that Yoruba has presence in Eurasia...

Are you more knowledgable than these researchers? Arr you more knowledgable than Mr Oduyoye? If you are please Id love to learn from your scholarship. Whats the name of your book?

Are you really showing interest in Yoruba language and culture or interest in Yoruba-Hebrew-Arab connection. . different things

cus when asked what culture and linguistic elements shared you won't have anything to say...you can try Making a list of the cultural and linguistic similarities let's see if there's anything strong enough to suggest hebrew origin for yorubas

well, Cubans and Bahians have a large degree of yoruba ancestry. .its on record that they are descended from Yoruba slaves taken to that part of the world. .
check this awesome Cuban twins out - Ibeyi
They retained the veneration of the Orisa
I wonder why yorubas lost knowledge of Yahweh

what did you call him? A deacon! like Olumide Lucas, Samuel Johnson. . christian workers who had no indepth knowledge of Yoruba identity. how many of them were actively involved with one orisa or the other? how many went to people involved?

I consider Isese practitioners in the best position to tell Yoruba traditions, Culture and history. ..they are after all the custodians and deep in the knowledge

can you please create a thread detailing some of his points

euroasian dna of 10,000 years ago? seriously? that's our connection with hebrews? I hope you know that the hebrew culture and language in all its forms didn't exist until 2000BC or less

lemme ask you where does Igbo, Edoid, Nupoid, Igala languages fit in if yoruba language is actually Afro-asiatic. what do you make of the already established connection between yorubas and her neighbors now that you believe yoruba aren't Congoid but Semetic?

I don't know if I'm more knowledgable than them, but I'm not a novice when it comes to Semetic traditions and I know there's nothing particularly identical to Yoruba traditions. ..this includes sprituality
writing a book is a big deal, you don't write for yourself but for all your potential readers. if you aren't in the position to discuss a topic as an authority pls don't. .neither should you believe without thought and confirmation, anything written in a book or on the Internet
that's why a town's history used to be reserved for the Oba to tell. ..
is Mr. deacon. Oduyoye in that position of authority to write an entire book on Yoruba origins. .
I blame the government anyway, there's no censorship, anybody just writes a book these days to have a sense of relevance
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
You are not a good advocate for the "Yoruba origin is Ife" claim. Your intention may be honest, your knowledge may be grounded but your style of teaching that origin is a turn off for people like me interested in learning.

I am yet to see or hear anyone suggest that Yoruba originated in Afroasia or Eurasia. I believe what people are saying is THE TIMELINE OF AFROASIA INCLUDES ANCIENT YORUBA AND COINCIDES WITH ANCIENT HEBREW.

Anyway, Deacon or not, Mr or not, Doctor or not, I am loving what Modupe Oduyoye is preaching. To turn me to Isese you should bring their teachings here and share.
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by macof(m): 1:10am On Dec 28, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
You are not a good advocate for the "Yoruba origin is Ife" claim. Your intention may be honest, your knowledge may be grounded but your style of teaching that origin is a turn off for people like me interested in learning.

I am yet to see or hear anyone suggest that Yoruba originated in Afroasia or Eurasia. I believe what people are saying is THE TIMELINE OF AFROASIA INCLUDES ANCIENT YORUBA AND COINCIDES WITH ANCIENT HEBREW.

Anyway, Deacon or not, Mr or not, Doctor or not, I am loving what Modupe Oduyoye is preaching. To turn me to Isese you should bring their teachings here and share.

Im not advocating what is different from the popular belief. .it is what every Yoruba man will tell you
ask anybody who knows just a little about yoruba nation, they'll tell you Ife is the spirit and cradle of yoruba identity
this isn't my invention, I won't get rich off you believing Ife is yoruba origin because it's not my idea. .just learning history is excitement enough for me... that's why I have no intentions of writing or inventing history.

what you are interested in is seeing yoruba have widely spread Wings across continents. we have in the Americas, Asia? . .. sure exciting but is it true?
I don't know. .but you claim to know? so why not provide the evidence. . Its a big deal what you are trying to do. it's the origin of over 50 million people in Togo, Benin and nigeria. ..its no child's play and it demands strong evidence

the timeline of euroasia includes yoruba but yoruba didn't originate from euroasia? explain

ah! see that's where you err, you talk like you don't know the power of religion over an individual. .I've been there. .it drives a man nuts. .in a bid to attach yourself to where your religion came from you will do anything. a deacon cannot tell yoruba culture better than the likes of Oloja Iranje, Araba Agbaye, Araba Osogbo, Awise Awo, etc

I share as much as I consider appropriate, I don't share every knowledge I obtain on nairaland for many reasons...one being the lack of confirmation that I hold the truth. ..so I don't make claims

I told you before and I'm saying it again; be careful what you read online
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:53am On Dec 28, 2015
macof:

Im not advocating what is different from the popular belief. .it is what every Yoruba man will tell you
ask anybody who knows just a little about yoruba nation, they'll tell you Ife is the spirit and cradle of yoruba identity
this isn't my invention, I won't get rich off you believing Ife is yoruba origin because it's not my idea. .just learning history is excitement enough for me... that's why I have no intentions of writing or inventing history.

what you are interested in is seeing yoruba have widely spread Wings across continents. we have in the Americas, Asia? . .. sure exciting but is it true?
I don't know. .but you claim to know? so why not provide the evidence. . Its a big deal what you are trying to do. it's the origin of over 50 million people in Togo, Benin and nigeria. ..its no child's play and it demands strong evidence

the timeline of euroasia includes yoruba but yoruba didn't originate from euroasia? explain

ah! see that's where you err, you talk like you don't know the power of religion over an individual. .I've been there. .it drives a man nuts. .in a bid to attach yourself to where your religion came from you will do anything. a deacon cannot tell yoruba culture better than the likes of Oloja Iranje, Araba Agbaye, Araba Osogbo, Awise Awo, etc

I share as much as I consider appropriate, I don't share every knowledge I obtain on nairaland for many reasons...one being the lack of confirmation that I hold the truth. ..so I don't make claims

I told you before and I'm saying it again; be careful what you read online

I think you are mixing me up with prexios and metaphysical. Dude this is OPC. From onset i told you i am no expert on Egyptology and all those stuffs but i find it fascinating and interested in hearing, reading and knowing more of it.

Also, i believe you are fighting shadows in ypur opinion or perception that people reject Ife as the origin of Yoruba. Anyone that subscribe to Oduyoye must align with his argument that the Abrahamic faith sprouted from African beliefs....particularly Orisa and the idea of sacredness -Haram - where the principal cognate is Orunmila. In other words, Haram, Harem, Herem, Horum all derived from the idea of sacredness enshrined in Orunmila. So where is the root of Orunmila? Whrre is the argument on Yoruba root? If I say Orunmila travrlled to Arabia, to Jerusalem, to New York, to Hong Kong or to Afghanistan, does that deny his Yorubaness?

Just for the benefit of doubt im going to help you out and announce for anyone who doubt Ife as the origin of Yoruba to step up and declare and own up to , their theory of an alternative origin for Yoruba..
Re: Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip by macof(m): 11:06am On Dec 28, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I think you are mixing me up with prexios and metaphysical. Dude this is OPC. From onset i told you i am no expert on Egyptology and all those stuffs but i find it fascinating and interested in hearing, reading and knowing more of it.

Also, i believe you are fighting shadows in ypur opinion or perception that people reject Ife as the origin of Yoruba. Anyone that subscribe to Oduyoye must align with his argument that the Abrahamic faith sprouted from African beliefs....particularly Orisa and the idea of sacredness -Haram - where the principal cognate is Orunmila. In other words, Haram, Harem, Herem, Horum all derived from the idea of sacredness enshrined in Orunmila. So where is the root of Orunmila? Whrre is the argument on Yoruba root? If I say Orunmila travrlled to Arabia, to Jerusalem, to New York, to Hong Kong or to Afghanistan, does that deny his Yorubaness?

Just for the benefit of doubt im going to help you out and announce for anyone who doubt Ife as the origin of Yoruba to step up and declare and own up to , their theory of an alternative origin for Yoruba..

.like I said before but I'll put it in a less pristine form, you are more of the idea that Yoruba culture colonized and covered west Asia than the origin of yoruba culture. ..correct me if I'm wrong
it's now up to you to provide the evidence

;-\ again with the Haram, Orunmila thing
ok, apart from reading it online and believing without question. .what makes Orunmila and Haram cognates? Pls enlighten me

ok but if you say Orunmila travelled to all those places, when asked why you think this or challenged for to provide evidence...is the next point of call to take offence and insult or to answer a simple question?

2prexios is the guy you should ask, cus he has always maintained hebrew origin for yorubas

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fulanization Of Ilorin; The Power Of Curses / Deji Of Akureland: Another Oba Fighting Chieftaincy Fattles / Obi Unfolds Measures To Revive Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.