Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 (10311 Views)

Boko Haram Is Sympathetic To Buhari - Jonathan / UK Government Reacts To Reports Of Buhari & Jonathan Meeting In London / Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by catchfun: 6:54am On Dec 21, 2015
*Tinubu, Jega, heroes of democracy
*Ekwueme, Danjuma, Dafinone, Akande others win life time awards
*Oshiomhole, Amosun, Dankwambo, Shetimma emerge Governors of the Year.

Muhammadu Buhari was focused in his persistent pursuit of the presidency. Having attained the maximum political office as a military head of state 32 years earlier at the age of 41, Buhari seemed determined to regain political office as president.
President Buhari, Ex-President Jonathan, Ex-INEC Chairman, Jega and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
He submitted himself to a democratic process that in its course projected the re-engineering of the political landscape. In the end and for the first time in the nation’s political history, an incumbent president was defeated in an election.
In the run-up to the election, the Buhari persona became a major issue, but Buhari as candidate took the inquisition with remarkable aplomb. To the credit of the Buhari personality, many of those who contested on the platform of his party won on the coattails of his remarkable victory.
His dogged pursuit, his incomparable victory and his so far unwavering efforts in sanitising the polity, Muhammadu Buhari is by the unanimous decision ofVanguardeditors,VanguardPersonality of the Year, 2015.
Dr. Goodluck Jonathan – Personality of the Year, 2015
Like the mortal he is, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan’s fairy tale political expedition was bound to come to an end. Following his advent, President Jonathan had promised to sanitise the electoral process, just as nearly all of the nation’s previous leaders. Dr. Jonathan, however, proved to be an exception allowing the incorporation of an electoral system that eventually led to his defeat.
President Jonathan’s decision not to seek judicial or other crude disruption of the outcome of the 2015 presidential election not only turned out to be his finest hour, but a glittering anchor that has helped to stabilise the nation’s democracy.
For his brave smile in the face of defeat, his efforts in refining the nation’s electoral system and his continuing continental role in the promotion of democracy, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is the choice ofVanguardeditors for Joint Personality of the Year, 2015.
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu – Hero of Democracy
Unarguably one of the country’s leading political engineers, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has now taken his remarkable political wizardry to the national space. His dogged resistance to the encroachments of the former ruling party in Lagos State, and to its routing in most of the Southwest states, largely bore the footprints of the former Lagos State governor.
Tinubu’s central role in the enthronement of the new administration and the eclipse of the former government has been generally acknowledged by friends and foes. Remarkably, he has achieved his aim within the rules of democracy. For his political dexterity and commitment to the rule of law in his political engagements,Vanguardrecognises Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the Hero of Democracy, 2015.
Professor Attahiru Jega – Hero of Democracy
Professor Attahiru Jega, a former president of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, boosted his pedigree in 2011 when he conducted one of Nigeria’s most credible general elections. He was at that time less than 10 months in the saddle as chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC. In 2015, in spite of pressures from many quarters he introduced many innovations into balloting in Nigeria such as the Permanent Voter Cards, PVCs, and Smart Card Readers (SCR), which helped to reduce ballot rigging in the general polls. His efforts led to the first undisputed presidential election in Nigeria’s practise of presidential democracy.
Lifetime Achievements Award*Otunba Michael Olasubomi Balogun, Chairman, First City Group
*Lt. Gen. T.Y. Danjuma (Rtd)
*Alhaji Abdulsamad Rabiu, Chairman, BUA Group
*Dr. Alex Ekwueme, former Vice-President
*Senator David Dafinone, Eminent Accountant
*Chief (Mrs) Nike Akande, President, LCCI
African Businessman of The Year
*Dr Mike Adenuga, Jnr, Chairman, Globacom
Governors of The Year
Adams Oshiomhole, Governor, Edo State
Ibikunle Amosun, Governor, Ogun State
Kashim Shettima, Governor, Borno State
Ibrahim Dankwambo, Gombe State Gov.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/buhari-jonathan-emerge-vanguard-personalities-of-the-year-2015/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by ORACLE1975(m): 6:55am On Dec 21, 2015
Good one
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Demmocrats(m): 6:55am On Dec 21, 2015
Its only my Sai Buhari and GEJ on that list that worth's celebrating.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by smartblu(m): 6:55am On Dec 21, 2015
Interesting
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by mickeyenglish(m): 7:07am On Dec 21, 2015
Post No Bill..
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 21, 2015
Gej is the only hero I. Saw there

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by dgr8truth(m): 7:19am On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by PRYCE(m): 7:25am On Dec 21, 2015
Ah why dem go move my oga title give Jega and that goblin from Lagos nah?
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Samunique(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2015
Congrats to Jonathan my Man of the year!!!
The heroe of our democracy!!!

And to the other vampires mentioned there, it is O.Y.O undecided u are on your own!!!

11 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Destined2win: 7:31am On Dec 21, 2015
GEJ IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by BIMBOSTIC(m): 7:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Jagaban of Africa is d hero to be celebrated he reduced PDP largest party in Africa to sinking ship. Let some body shout Halelluyah!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by prospero5(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2015
i don't understand how Tinubu comes in here

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by omowolewa: 7:44am On Dec 21, 2015
Where is Dasuki's name?
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by ajebuter(f): 8:26am On Dec 21, 2015
GEJ the true hero of our democracy

Any other one is counterfeit tongue tongue

13 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2015
Jega is a Fraud... shudnt b given
Buhari is a scamming pretentious old papa
GEJ is a silent barawo...
Tinubu is a rigger...
Femi fani Kayode shud win all ds awards. .. d man is an eloquent truth speaker.. cool
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by miqos02(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by chynie: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2015
All the names are wrong except Jonathan

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by dammytosh: 9:36am On Dec 21, 2015
Nice combination

CORRUPTION and ANTI CORRUPTION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by shammah1(m): 9:36am On Dec 21, 2015
Why the two of them? Jonathan should be the personality of the year. Buhari hasn't done anything to deserve the honor yet.

As for Tinubu and Jega, what are they doing on the list?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Timoleon(m): 9:36am On Dec 21, 2015
r
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by classicnews: 9:36am On Dec 21, 2015
Demmocrats:
Its only my Sai Buhari in that list that worth's celebrating.
For this, I'll stop buying lingeries from you
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Sijo01(f): 9:36am On Dec 21, 2015
GEJ still very relevant! Ride on Sir.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by LesbianBoy(m): 9:37am On Dec 21, 2015
Tinubu hero of which democracy

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Dbeze: 9:37am On Dec 21, 2015
I wonder what Tibubus name is doing here, this vanguard pple na long throat

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Pavore9: 9:38am On Dec 21, 2015
Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015.......For the sake of peace amongst e-warriors! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Beehshorp(m): 9:39am On Dec 21, 2015
My able Presido Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan please disassociate urself from local honors cos u are bound for international glories.. Tinubu's name appearing on the list gives u more reason to heed my advice...

I don't tolerate meaningless mentions just likes..

9 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 21, 2015
All I can say is that vanguard just want to satisfy both political party
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by robosky02(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2015
yes............
Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by eshietIntrepid(m): 9:43am On Dec 21, 2015
GEJ deserved to be honour but buhari no

Why are they honouring buhari
Is it for the inconclusives elections?
Scarcity fuelV
For the renews boko haram?
Or the present devaluation of naira?

Why the honour?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 by Demmocrats(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2015
classicnews:

For this, I'll stop buying lingeries from you

shocked shocked shocked shocked What?

No bro, don't judge me by my comments on Nairaland. I say controversial stuffs on Nairaland to drive people to the site. Majority of what i say is not truly my view.

Thanks for buying from us and merry xmas!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zamfara: Matawalle Lays Foundation For N8.631 Billion RUGA Project / Kaduna Governor Sani Thanks Tinubu For Appointing Kaduna Indigenes. / Alamieyesigha Urges Fed Govt To Legalise Bunkering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.