Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread (36131 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Carnival 2017 (Photos) / Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by linusbnn(m): 11:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
comradeodunze:
Mr. not-so-dull boy, what I am alluding to is the Ozuruimo festival that has been cosigned to the bin for many years. Imo carnival makes no sense at all the way it is portrayed. Tell me the difference between this and the plethora of carnivals hosted in different cities around the country e.g. Calabar carnival. Let us celebrate the uniqueness of our own! OZURUIMO that I know will outclass this junk of a carnival.

Is it this period that the Ozuruimo festival is holding?. Atleast praise him for the one he has done b4 condemning because you cannot do best

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by B2mario(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
Johnsmartinyang:

U sabi lie.....Ekpe nah ibom get that one too...and who says its a modification of ur culture abeg tell Robber okorocha to stop the copy copy we will ban him from Uyo and calabar Ewu copycat

Oga, say what you know. Ekpe and Okonkon are shared by Abia, Akwa ibom and Imo just like many other culture. Ekpe is more pronounced in Abia state which makes me to suspect that the origin might be Arochukwu.

Igbo, Efik-Ibibio and Andoni are neighbours and they share many things in common.

On a more serious note, I'm very happy with the progress I see in Igboland, when I was coming back I passed through Anambra and Imo and was happy with way things are moving in the two sister states, today I'm very much happy of Igboland. Onitsha has now become a neat city and Owerri can now be called Madrid of Africa with many decorated monuments.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by daveP(m): 11:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Breeding grounds

without magnitude and sensible direction

waste of resources under the guise of tourism.

And what a time to do it.

Then come 31st, you'll see Adaeze in Church....... Smh grin
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 22, 2015
CUM4WHAT:

NO MORE BIAFRA ABI.....
HYPOCRITES
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
:
Ibo ; a state of being Ibo
Iboland Ibo Territory
Iboman an adult Ibo male
Iboboy a young Ibo person(male) Ibogirl Ayoung Ibo person (female)
Iboville A small part of Iboland like Awoamama e.g,
Iboness General Ibo condition
Iboist an Ibo Advocate or champion e,g Achebe, Nnamdi Kanu Iboism Ibo advocacy
Ibotic Distinctly Ibo Iboistic =Ibotic
Iboing To make Ibo Iboed Now fully Ibo
Ibo-made crafted by Ibos
Ibonize Transform to Iboness usually of a place or people Ibonization See Ibonize Ibonizational see Ibonize
Iborific scarily Ibo
Ibofy To make Ibo Ibofied Ibofying Ibofier Ibofication see Ibofy
Ibothetic Ibo kind (of logic)
Iboology The study of Ibos and Ibo Things
Ibologue one versed or knowledgeable in Ibo affairs,history,culture etc
Iboologist=An Ibo expert
Ibohood State of being Ibo also place where Ibos are found in large numbers or hang out
Ibolly In an Ibo way
Iboward moving in the direction of an Ibo or approaching Iboness
Ibolitics Ibo kind of politics
Ibolution In the process of becoming Ibofied
Ibodom an old Ibo kingdom
Ibometer Ibometric Measure of Iboness
Ibotechnic An Ibo institute of learning
Ibocentric Focussed only on Ibos and Ibo matters
Iboteria Place where Ibo snacks are sold see Akputeria
Ibomart Ibo market or mall
Ibonalysis = Applied or advanced Ibo logic
Ibonet = Ibo websites Ibo Blogs etc
Ibowood= Ibo movies and actors generallly
Ibonomics = Ibo economic activity
Ibophile Ibo lover or lover of Ibo Things Ibophilia The condition of an Ibophile Ibophilic
Ibophobe Ibo hater Ibophobia Ibophobic Ibophrenia(offensive see specialized texts)
Iborize to destroy by Ibo methods Iborization
Ibomatic having an Ibo flavour
Ibolify To Imbue with Iboness Ibolifying
Ibolyse To alter chemically through Ibo technology Ibolysing Ibolyzation.etc
Ibozine an Ibo Tabloid or magazine
Iborama a display of a wide range of Ibo artefacts,culture etc also Iboramic
^ Which proves this =>

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by pus11: 2:50am On Dec 22, 2015
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by johnnychuks(m): 4:40am On Dec 22, 2015
how?
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Oluwaseyi456(m): 6:56am On Dec 22, 2015
I bliv dat okorocha is nt owning his workers

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by B2mario(m): 7:35am On Dec 22, 2015
pus11:

chai, they are trying to copy us. Frustrated people.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Handsome4real(m): 8:19am On Dec 22, 2015
If I attend this carnival there is no way id not see a babe to hammer for wink. Dont be mad but it's very common during carnival. Let me get back to work. Got to submit a write up by 2pm. undecided
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 22, 2015
actoor:
That's the best venue to meet girls with
Beards
Moustache &
some Yam-Legs. cheesy

At least they have better hygiene.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Mbediogu(m): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2015
ujoatu:
All is set for Imo State Carnival.
You will be receiving live picture updates on this thread.

Workers and were cunned into gathering enmasse at the conference center with promise that they will receive areas of their salaries. The same venue of Imo carnival.
Many came from as far as Egbema, Uboma
and Urualla. Many borrowed transport fare hoping to pay back on return. Result?
They were photoed and videoed as the part of the large turnout of the SUCCESSFUL Imo carnival. Till now some are stranded there under harsh harmattan cold for lack of return fare and will be used as part of the carnival attenders till they are able to find their way back home. Imo Salary issues. Nigeria should pray for Imo State.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by madenigga(m): 9:03am On Dec 22, 2015
somez:
If it aint calabar, 4get it.
take it from me calabar is now a dead city.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by oluamid(m): 11:25am On Dec 22, 2015
blairlady:

And why did your opinion take you to the akwa ibomite? Where have you seen the akwa ibomkte dressing as a carribean person? We uphold our culture with high esteem and stop been tribalistic here. Ibo never cease to amaze me with their tribalistic nature in everything

Lol. You Amuse me.

1. I'm not Igbo, but that doesn't necessarily mean I can't want good thing for my country.

2. I didn't mention Akwa Ibom or Akwa Ibomites in my post. I was speaking based on the carnival being held in Imo but then, I could say the same thing about the Calabar Carnival now that you have mentioned it. Even though they spice it up with a little of the calabar culture, they still basically dress like the Carribeans.

3. No one is being tribalistic. The point of carnivals is to attract tourists by showcasing your traditional attributes in a colourful way. Why organise a carnival if you are not going to attract tourists or make any money? That's an unnecessary drain of public funds.

4. Carnivals are good but we need to showcase more of our culture and less of what we see in the Carribean nations cos, if I was a tourist, why would I want to visit the Imo or Calabar carnival when I could go to Brazil and watch a better one? Meaning, our culture is our Unique Selling Point and we need to showcase it more.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by donwise1(m): 2:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
[size=13pt]In Owelle's Voice....My People My People!!![/size]
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by felalegend: 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
madenigga:

take it from me calabar is now a dead city.

Killed by bad access roads. It is well.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Abagworo(m): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
I'm glad Oru-Igbo culture defeated those Carribeans. Next year other Imolites should be like Oguta and showcase their culture instead of borrowed ones. Congrats to Ameshi.

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
Abagworo:
I'm glad Oru-Igbo culture defeated those Carribeans. Next year other Imolites should be like Oguta and showcase their culture instead of borrowed ones. Congrats to Ameshi.
pls do u ave an idea when the party is holding, heard rochas is throwing a party @ d govt house, my younger ones are on my neck about it.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Scout60(m): 10:06am On Dec 12, 2017
ujoatu:
All is set for Imo State Carnival. You will be receiving live picture updates on this thread.
will IMO carnival hold this year
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by TechSavvyGuy(m): 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2021
blairlady:

And why did your opinion take you to the akwa ibomite? Where have you seen the akwa ibomkte dressing as a carribean person? We uphold our culture with high esteem and stop been tribalistic here. Ibo never cease to amaze me with their tribalistic nature in everything
hi you're Akwa Ibomite right?
Abadie?
Let's get to know each other, I'm Akwa Ibomite too but reside in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Col. Stephen Honest Is Dead! Bachama Kingdom Monarch Dies (photo) / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland / Emir Of Zazzau, Shehu Idris, Dies At 84

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.