Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas (9046 Views)

Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa And Other Tribes Must Live As One - Emir Of Katsina / Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
1. They Lead In Education

If you don't know that Wole Soyinka is Africa's first Nobel Prize for Literature winner, then you are a learner. Click here to learn more www.learnersforum.com . No other Nigerian has ever won this award. In science and tech, Engr Ayodele Awojobi remains Nigeria's greatest ever. Google about him to confirm. In Medicine, Nigeria's best medical student ever is Victor Olalusi, having graduated from a Russian university with a perfect score of 5.0 CGPA, first of its kind in world's history. He had previously had best WASSCE result in Nigeria in 2004 and highest post utme score in OAU. In Law, you know Gani Fawehinmi, Femi Falana and others. I can go on and on.
Moreover, the best universities in Nigeria are located in the Southwest. UI is incomparable, you know. Ogun State has the highest number of tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The best private universities are owned by Yorubas and situated in the southwest- Covenant, Landmark, Afe Babalola etc. You now know why other tribes rush to the Yoruba land like it's paradise?

2. They Lead in Entertainment

Music is now big business in Nigeria. Historically, the greatest African musician who ever lived was Fela Anikulapo Kuti. The world's greatest award in music is the Grammy Award. The only two Nigerian musicians ever nominated for the Grammy are Femi Kuti and Sunny Ade. None from other tribes. Even the MOBO, top black music award, has been dominated by acts like Tuface, 9ice, D'banj, Wizkid and Davido, from Nigeria. Only Tubaba is the non-Yoruba here. Psquare NEVER win am o, before una start to dey argue. Every artiste now tries to sing in Yoruba e.g. Chidinma and Flavour- Ololufe, Psquare- E je A Jo, etc like sey na only Yoruba language fit make person sell wella. Even Rugged sef go steal Yoruba baba song diss 9ice. Lol. Yorubas rule the Nigerian music world.
In movies, Omotola remains the most celebrated having been listed in TIMES magazine of 2013 as one of the most influential human beings on earth, a feat her close competitor, Genevieve is yet to achieve. Respect Yorubas!

3. They Lead in Leadership/Politics

Love him or hate him, Obasanjo was for many years the most powerful person in Nigerian politics. He remains the first person to have ruled Nigeria as both military and civilian presido. Since the 2011 general elections, the most influential person has been Bola Tinubu(love him or hate him). Historically, the most celebrated Nigerian politician ever is M.K.O Abiola. Do you know that Odumegwu Ojukwu greatly respected Obafemi Awolowo? During the civil war, he said this about Awolowo, ''one day, the Yoruba nation will tear apart from Nigeria without firing a single shot. And it will be through Awo's legacy.'' If Ojukwu could respect Yorubas, who are you not to? Lol.

4. They Lead in Religion

I for no bring religion come here but as e be sey na major role religion dey play for Naija, I say make I bring am. The largest church in Nigeria is the RCCG, founded and led by a Yoruba. MFM, Deeper Life, Gospel Faith etc are all founded and led by Yorubas. Funny thing is, those wey dey beef Yorubas full these churches o, lol. Have you been to SCOAN? Love TB Joshua or hate him, people troop into that church from all over the world, even professors and people who are more educated and exposed than you are. Yes, you! Top non-Yoruba church founders like Pastors Lazarus Mouka and Oyakhilome have their churches' headquarters situated in the Yorubaland. Others are still scrambling for spaces in the Yorubaland, lol. Yorubas welcome and accommodate all of you o. Just respect them!

5. They Rule The Social Media

The largest blog in Nigeria is Nairaland, founded and led by Seun Osewa. Thumbs up bro. I can only imagine how much that dude has made. How I wish he could just declare his assets publicly, so people will would know that those blowing their trumpets about buying a house in Banana Island still be learner for blog business. Lol

6. The Southwest Is The Business Centre of Nigeria

Oya tell me why you carry your business come do for Lagos and you no do am for your village. Business no go move abi? Can you tell me the region in Nigeria where Banana Island, Lekki, Ajah, Victoria Island are situated. I know you wish to live for these areas, shey? Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria, right? Ask him which region most of his investments are situated and why he chose that region. Ask Psquare if they fit sell their house wey dey Banana Island, go buy another one for Aba. Lol, so you see?

I never said Yoruba is the best tribe o. Abeg no misquote me. These are just very few of the reasons you have to respect the Yorubas. I envy them a lot. They deserve every hype they get.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by ratchy: 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
Omo Yoruba ni Mi o

Swagger
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by cleatoris: 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
TBH, it appears the ibos now lead in education.

6 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Trustme2(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2015
Yoruba for life. Who leads in crime? Your guess is as good as mine ; grin
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by listenersky: 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
Omo iya,ori e wanbe
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by missKiffy(f): 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2015
Is this necessary undecided

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by R0ckefeller: 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Yoruba a tribe that it language can be found in all language spoken all over the world. We king not by mouth
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Visocrate(m): 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
kini eleyi suro olori broku, olori jabejabe uto ni
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by dreamworld: 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
grin
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Maj196(m): 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
Wa gbayi omo iya.
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by macof(m): 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
agadez007:
7.they dont take their baths,their girls dont wash their bra and pant,and the smell from down below can kill people

8.they are always doing omo onile and chasing after danfo shouthing ''haaaa Owo mi da'' ,when they are not into omo onile they are robbing people

9.they dont shiat in WC (water closet) they prefer to do it in Nylons then cleans their ass with their hands

10.they concot oily foods which clog their brain thereby making it hard to reason like human beigns

Complete

And you know all this personal stuff how?
I guess you are actually describing your family members

7 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by macof(m): 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
They'll deny. . But any intelligent fellow can tell that Yorubas have been dominant in the film industry more so than any other ethnicity

Our yoruba movies cannot be compared with hausa or igbo movies

Even in english films, we give quality not quantity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by alanmwene: 1:26am On Dec 22, 2015
Correction:Fela was a great musician,but not the greatest African musician who ever lived.He was more known for his militantism than his musical prouesses.Musically,luambo Makiadi alias Franco,the father of Congolese modern music was ways greater than Fella

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOl931WovCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLsdZIzleWU

3 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by christopher123(m): 2:07am On Dec 22, 2015
Chest beating is allowed

The richest musician are p sqaure
The richest footballers are Igbo Mikel obi and okocha

All are in entertainment ...I don't want to go to movies

Leading in politics ...I just don't know what to say ..is it the calling the VP commissioner or is it the sanusi lamido statement

My dear let's leave the economic state of Lagos ...it is built by all Nigerians ...if not. Why dont you make ibadan to look like at least Onitsha and nnewi

Bragging is what I hate in life

In terms of education ..WAEC,NUC,NECO,JAMB has settled that

Now you see that ...in religion you call it business ...it is a shame . so you decieve people and fleece their money instead of working hard. How can you lie and use the name of God as business. It is shameful

Happy Christmas

Social media ...the biggest blog is owned by Igbo

They are richest also they are Bella naija and Linda ikeji

Why do people just sit down and write witouth research ..even sun newspaper r biggest selling papers

Pls eat the humble pie

8 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Wulfruna(f): 2:15am On Dec 22, 2015
alanmwene:
Correction:Fela was a great musician,but not the greatest African musician who ever lived.He was more known for his militantism than his musical prouesses.Musically,luambo Makiadi alias Franco,the father of Congolese modern music was ways greater than Fella

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOl931WovCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLsdZIzleWU

Fela may not be the greatest African musician who ever lived. But he was a far more legendary music figure than your Franco.

I doubt you will find 10 people outside of Central Africa who have even heard of the man. (I hadn't heard of him until now.) The name 'Fela', however, is recognised across the African continent and even outside it.

Even you, a Congolese, have heard of Fela. I'd wager no one on this thread knows or have ever heard of your man Franco. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by alanmwene: 2:26am On Dec 22, 2015
Wulfruna:

Fela may not be the greatest African musician who ever lived. But he was a far more legendary music figure than your Franco.
I doubt you will find 10 people outside of Central Africa who have even heard of the man. (I hadn't heard of him until now.) The name 'Fela', however, is recognised across the African continent and even outside it.
Even you, a Congolese, have heard of Fela. I'd wager no one on this thread knows or have ever heard of your man Franco. smiley
What do you know about music?What do you know about African music?Fame and talent are two different things!Anybody who doesn't know Franco,doesnt know anything about African music.Fella was a great musician,but to say he was the greatest African musician ever is a lie.

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by agadez007(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2015
macof:

And you know all this personal stuff how?
I guess you are actually describing your family members
i was raised in Lagos so i know all that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 22, 2015
christopher123:

Chest beating is allowed

Leading in politics ...I just don't know what to say ..is it the calling the VP commissioner or is it the sanusi lamido statement

My dear let's leave the economic state of Lagos ...it is built by all Nigerians ...if not. Why dont you make ibadan to look like at least Onitsha and nnewi

Now you see that ...in religion you call it business ...it is a shame . so you decieve people and fleece their money instead of working hard. How can you lie and use the name of God as business. It is shameful

Happy Christmas

Why do people just sit down and write witouth research ..even sun newspaper r biggest selling papers

Pls eat the humble pie

I can't believe you typed this without any facts. You'd observe that I produced facts in my write-up but you...? Na wa o.

How did you come to the ridiculous conclusion that the duo of Psquare is the richest? Have you checked their bank account and those of other artistes? Do you know how much Kwam 1 or Sunny Ade, who was just awarded 500 million naira by a court have? Or is it because they don't flaunt unnecessarily? People like you would conclude that Buhari is poor! Besides, wetin concern me with artistes' money when Psquare and yet to achieve the feat I mentioned there. For your info, I deliberately mentioned their name cos of people like you. Who even told you Psqaure is richer than D'banj or Davido who already inherited a lot of money from his father. Go and check their bank account and produce facts before I start an argument with you.

I never disputed your fact in the area of soccer.

Hehe, WASSCE? Produce facts abeg. Tell me the states that have been winning the Cow-bell Maths Competition most. It's Ogun State. Iganmode secondary won it three times back to back. Google is there for you. Second is Ota Total Academy. Followed by Loyola Jesuit College.

In 2011, Tolu Falokun had best WASSCE result. In 2012, Fiyinfoluwa had best wassce, Kemi Olalude came second while Chinelo Ibekwe from Louisville Girls High School OGUN STATE came third. In 2013, Toba Ogunfolaji had best WASSCE result and second best NECO result. Go confirm all this. Back up your points with facts not assumptions.

Just take a second look at the crowd on Nairaland and compare with LIB. Ask yourself and your friends the number of times you visit LIB compared with the number of times you visit Nairaland.

As for religion, I never wanted to add that as I typed there. But I had to add it because the role of religion in Nigeria cannot be overstressed. I never said religion was business, I only told you why you have to respect Yorubas. What church do you attend? It is founded by who and where is it located? At least, respect Yorubas because God chose to use them more or because God chose the southwest for his ministry. If you don't believe so, then respect them because they thrive in religious business.

You shouldn't even say anything when it comes to politics, because you'd have no point. Don't tell me you guys haven't contested and failed several times. Respect Yorubas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2015
alanmwene:

What do you know about music?What do you know about African music?Fame and talent are two different things!Anybody who doesn't know Franco,doesnt know anything about African music.Fella was a great musician,but to say he was the greatest African musician ever is a lie.

I'm just sad this thread didn't get to front page, otherwise people who will have enough time to educate you are there. For you info, I know about Franco and I know he was nowhere near Fela. But stick to your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by macof(m): 10:52am On Dec 22, 2015
agadez007:
i was raised in Lagos so i know all that

shocked raised in the land of the people you hate around the people you hate
You see how useless you are?

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by christopher123(m): 11:08am On Dec 22, 2015
Jesumed:

I can't believe you typed this without any facts. You'd observe that I produced facts in my write-up but you...? Na wa o.

How did you come to the ridiculous conclusion that the duo of Psquare is the richest? Have you checked their bank account and those of other artistes? Do you know how much Kwam 1 or Sunny Ade, who was just awarded 500 million naira by a court have? Or is it because they don't flaunt unnecessarily? People like you would conclude that Buhari is poor! Besides, wetin concern me with artistes' money when Psquare and yet to achieve the feat I mentioned there. For your info, I deliberately mentioned their name cos of people like you. Who even told you Psqaure is richer than D'banj or Davido who already inherited a lot of money from his father. Go and check their bank account and produce facts before I start an argument with you.

I never disputed your fact in the area of soccer.

Hehe, WASSCE? Produce facts abeg. Tell me the states that have been winning the Cow-bell Maths Competition most. It's Ogun State. Iganmode secondary won it three times back to back. Google is there for you. Second is Ota Total Academy. Followed by Loyola Jesuit College.

In 2011, Tolu Falokun had best WASSCE result. In 2012, Fiyinfoluwa had best wassce, Kemi Olalude came second while Chinelo Ibekwe from Louisville Girls High School OGUN STATE came third. In 2013, Toba Ogunfolaji had best WASSCE result and second best NECO result. Go confirm all this. Back up your points with facts not assumptions.

Just take a second look at the crowd on Nairaland and compare with LIB. Ask yourself and your friends the number of times you visit LIB compared with the number of times you visit Nairaland.

As for religion, I never wanted to add that as I typed there. But I had to add it because the role of religion in Nigeria cannot be overstressed. I never said religion was business, I only told you why you have to respect Yorubas. What church do you attend? It is founded by who and where is it located? At least, respect Yorubas because God chose to use them more or because God chose the southwest for his ministry. If you don't believe so, then respect them because they thrive in religious business.

You shouldn't even say anything when it comes to politics, because you'd have no point. Don't tell me you guys haven't contested and failed several times. Respect Yorubas.

I will not argue with you Oga

Maybe to you cowbell is more recognised than national examination bodies like WAEC JAMB & NECO

have a good day

The way people reasons sometimes baffles me

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by alanmwene: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2015
Jesumed:

I'm just sad this thread didn't get to front page, otherwise people who will have enough time to educate you are there. For you info, I know about Franco and I know he was nowhere near Fela. But stick to your opinion.
Fela produced 47 albums in afro-beat and sing mostly in broken English and Franco produced 100albums in his native language and created a style of music(rumba) that far outlasted him and made Congolese music the greatest music ever to come out of the African continent.What is fella legacy?

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
alanmwene:

Fela produced 47 albums in afro-beat and sing mostly in broken English and Franco produced 100albums in his native language and created a style of music(rumba) that far outlasted him and made Congolese music the greatest music ever to come out of the African continent.What is fella legacy?

Fela created Afrobeat which is still in existence all over Africa till tomorrow. Concerning number of albums, you can as well say Olamide is better than D'banj because Olamide has five albums while D'banj has just two.

Fela's legacy? Ask his son Femi Kuti who has been nominated for the Grammy Award 4 times.

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
christopher123:

I will not argue with you Oga

Maybe to you cowbell is more recognised than national examination bodies like WAEC JAMB & NECO

have a good day

The way people reasons sometimes baffles me

Chai! Na wa o. Cowbell is endorsed by NECO and all schools in all regions in Nigeria compete for it. So you have to respect whoever happens to be the overall winner. And I did not mention Cow-bell only in my post. Didn't you see all the facts I put down concerning WASSCE? Na only Cow-bell you see?

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by agadez007(m): 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
macof:

shocked raised in the land of the people you hate around the people you hate You see how useless you are?
HATE?
Thats a strong word
I dont hate anybody abeg,was just stating the obvious truth
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by alanmwene: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
Jesumed:

Fela created Afrobeat which is still in existence all over Africa till tomorrow. Concerning number of albums, you can as well say Olamide is better than D'banj because Olamide has five albums while D'banj has just two.
Fela's legacy? Ask his son Femi Kuti who has been nominated for the Grammy Award 4 times.
Jesumed:

Who plays afro-beat?Dbanj?Davido?....We all know what grammy awards are.Had fela did all his career in Yoruba like franco did his in lingala,I doubt we will be having this discussion.Franco legacy is there in the best music ever in Africa.nobody can contest that!

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
alanmwene:

Who plays afro-beat?Dbanj?Davido?....We all know what grammy awards are.Had fela did all his career in Yoruba like franco did his in lingala,I doubt we will be having this discussion.Franco legacy is there in the best music ever in Africa.nobody can contest that!

You're asking who plays Afro Beat. Femi Kuti(Fela's son), plays Afro Beat exactly like his father and he has been nominated for the Grammy four times. Educate us on what Grammy Awards are.

Other artistes, Davido, D'banj and every other one also use infusion of AfroBeat. Just come to Lagos for the annual Felabration, and you will meet all artistes there. Ask every one of them how they've been influenced by Fela and you will be shocked to hear their response. You'll even be surprised that none knows the Franco you are talking about.
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by seunny4lif(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
We lead others follow grin grin
Yoruba ruling Africa since 100 BC shocked shocked
Fela music popular for here grin
Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
christopher123:

Chest beating is allowed

Happy Christmas

Pls eat the humble pie

Sun,biggest selling newspaper?,you are drunk.Nairaland has by far more traffic than lib.Nnewi,is a town!,Abeokuta/akure are more developed than onitsha(in fact there is no stand out city in anambra,almost all parts are equal-which is good).So political attacks means yorubas are not politically strong?...FFK called fulani tse tse flies and a curse to nigeria,referred to the north as the most impoverished region in WA.Awolowo called shagari(the then president) a mere ssce school teacher.SO WHAT?.Why dont you go into movies?....Omotola is arguably the biggest actress,Afolayan the biggest director.You call pastoring a shame?....Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
alanmwene:

You didnt even say Yosoup n'dour,Angellique Kidjo,Mariam makeba etc, you are saying Franco.SMH

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why Other Tribes Must Always Respect Yorubas by alanmwene: 11:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Jesumed:

You're asking who plays Afro Beat. Femi Kuti(Fela's son), plays Afro Beat exactly like his father and he has been nominated for the Grammy four times. Educate us on what Grammy Awards are.
Other artistes, Davido, D'banj and every other one also use infusion of AfroBeat. Just come to Lagos for the annual Felabration, and you will meet all artistes there. Ask every one of them how they've been influenced by Fela and you will be shocked to hear their response. You'll even be surprised that none knows the Franco you are talking about.
And femi kuti is you definition of a great musician?
I asked you to give the names of Fela kuti musical descendants who are known in Africa and you failed to give me any.The music,dance and guitar style created by Franco are still here living Thanks to great talents like Papa wemba,Koffi olomide,Fally ipupa,Awilo longomba,..........These guys just changed Franco original beat to make it more commercial.And all these guys conquered Africa not by composing and singing in English but in their native language.Fela was a great musician,but saying he is the greastest African musician ever is an exaggeration.
This is what a call great music!Great vocals,great guitar,great arrangements ......Can you put a Yoruba afrobeat that sounds as great?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2zvf5nU6fg

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are South Africans So Rude, Loud And Cheap / Homosexuality In Pre-colonial Africa / Teach Me How To Speak Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.