Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,906 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Best Android Phones Of 2015 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Android Phones Of 2015 (2271 Views)

Recommend Good Andriod Phones Of N35,000 / Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally / Top 10 Android Phones Of 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Android Phones Of 2015 by noirsangre(m): 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Great things happened in 2015 as far as technology is concerned especially on the Android side of things, 2015 was a very exciting and eventful year in the world of technology. Great phones were release, innovation was witnessed, new bars were set, and the future was reassured to be even greater. With that in mind, I would like to round up the best android phones that were released in 2015 that might influence your decision if you would like to get someone a Christmas gift.

Note that these phones are mostly in the budget category and only a few are actually flagship devices. Nevertheless, you should be able to find a phone that fits in your budget and ticks off all the checkmarks on your smartphone buying list of 2015. Without further delay, let me introduce you to the best android phones released in 2015 in no particular order.

Best Android Phones Of 2015

Innjoo 2

innjoo 2
First on the list is the magnificent Innjoo 2, Innjoo’s latest flagship smartphone. Featuring high specs and a really impressive design backed by Android Lollipop, the Innjoo 2 is indeed one of the best smartphones of 2015. The phone hit a sweet spot between affordable and reliable by trading off unnecessary features for the ones that really mattered. Here are the quick specs of the Innjoo 2.

Quick Specs of the Innjoo 2

5.0-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
64-bit Octa-core 1.3 GHz
2GB RAM and 16GB internal
3200 mAh Li-Polymer non-removable battery
13 MP, autofocus, LED flash with Live Photos, panorama mode and face beauty optimization mode
Dual-SIM
Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop)
Price: 23,500 – 28,000 naira
Infinix Hot 2

infinix hot 2
2015 was a very big year for Infinix Mobility as they had several smartphones such as the Infinix Hot 2 flying of shelves and running out of stock at various retailers. The Infinx Hot 2 was the first Android One device targeted at Africa. The phone sported very nice specs and still managed to be one of the cheapest phones you will find on this list. Here are the quick specs of the Infinx Hot 2.

Infinix Hot 2 Quick Specs

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
1.3ghz Quad Core processor
1GB/2GB RAM
16GB internal storage
5 inch HD screen
2200mAh li-ion battery
Price: 17,500 – 20,500 naira
Infinix Hot Note

infinix hot note
Another Infinix device on the list? The Infinix Hot Note is Infinix’s first phablet and it is also their best selling device of all time. Featuring a monster 4000mAh battery, the Hot Note was bound to be successful considering Nigeria’s epileptic power supply. The Hot Note broke records on Jumia Nigeria being one of the fastest selling infinix phones in the history of Jumia.

Infinix Hot Note Quick Specs

Android 4.4KitKat upgradeable to Lollipop
1.3ghz Octa Core processor
1GB RAM
16GB internal storage
5.5 inch HD screen
4000mAh li-ion battery
Price: 25,000 naira
Infinix Note 2

infinix note 2
The Infinix Note 2 is Infinix’s biggest smartphone till date. At 6 inches, the Note 2 can be no doubt called a phablet. It is a pretty phablet though as it looks very pleasing to the eye. With an innovative design, the 6 inch screened phone will probably feel like a 5.5 inch device to you. It is powered by the same huge battery that powers the Hot Note and the limited edition Hot Note Pro. This device is certainly one of the best Infinix Phones ever.

Infinix Note 2 Quick Specs

Android 5.1 lollipop
1.3ghz octa Core processor
1.5GB/2GB RAM
16GB internal storage
6 inch HD screen
4ooomAh li-ion battery
Price: 27,300 naira
Tecno Phantom 5

tecno phantom 5
The Tecno Phantom 5 is by all unarguably the most powerful phone ever released by Tecno. Sporting such magnificent specs as 3GB RAM, a full HD screen, and a fingerprint sensor, the Phantom 5 is indeed a powerhouse. This is one of the few premium devices on this list as not including it here could cause a riot lol. Without further talk, here are the quick specs of the Tecno Phantom 5.

Tecno Phantom 5 Quick Specs

5.5-inch HD IPS display
1.3 GHz octa-core processor
3GB RAM and 32GB internal
3000 mAh non-removable battery
13MP primary camera, 8MP selfie camera with soft flash
Dual-SIM
Android 5.1 Lollipop
Fingerprint scanner
Price: 70,000 naira
Innjoo Max

innjoo max
The Innjoo Max is Innjoo’s reply to the Infinix Hot 2 in that they sport identical specs with the Max taking the lead in some places. The Max is a superb smartphone with reliable specs at a very pocket friendly price. As indicated by the name, the Max has a powerful battery that can last you a whole day or more depending on how you use it. Coupled with Android Lollipop and a planned upgrade to Marshmallow, the Max is arguably one of the best gifts you can give to someone this festive season. Here are some quick specs to guide your decision.

Innjoo Max Quick Specs

5inch HD display
1 GHz Quad Core processor
16GB internal memory
2GB RAM
Dual SIM
Camera: 13MP (LED Flash); 8MP (Front)
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth
Price: 21,500 naira

Tecno Camon C8

camon c8
Another great phablet from Tecno with impressive specs. The Camon C8 is powerful mid-range device sporting really nice specs for a quarter of the cost of premium flagships from the likes of Samsung and Apple. From the large HD screen to the equally large 3000mAh battery, the Tecno Camon C8 definitely deserves to be on this list. Some quick specs of the Tecno Camon C8.

Tecno Camon C8 Quick Specs

5.5-inch 720 x 1280 Display
Quad-core Mediatek MT6735 (64-bit) processor
1 GB RAM
32 GB Internal storage (MicroSD support)
13 Megapixel, dual LED flash
5 megapixel front camera
Android 5.0 Lollipop
3,000mAh battery
Price: 30,000 naira

Xiaomi Mi 4

Xiaomi ventured into the African market this year and it did so with a bang. Introducing the Xiaomi Mi 4 into the African market made the competition a lot stiffer for the other companies like Tecno and Infinix. Sporting a metal frame and a 2.5ghz Snapdragon processor, the Mi 4 spells trouble for any other phone in its price range. The Mi 4 is one of the few premium flagships on this list. Here are some quick specs of the Xiaomi Mi 4.

Xiaomi Mi 4 Quick Specs

5.0-inch HD IPS display
2.5 GHz octa-core processor
3GB RAM and 16GB internal
3080 mAh non-removable battery
13MP primary camera, 8MP selfie camera
Dual-SIM
Android 5.1 Lollipop, MIUI 6
Price: 56,000
That concludes the list of the 8 best smartphones released in Nigeria in 2015. If you think I made a mistake or I forgot to include a smartphone, you can tell me in the comments section below.

Source: http://www.androidtag.com

1 Like

Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by ratchy: 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
Chinese has taken over my beloved country Nigeria
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by noirsangre(m): 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
ratchy:
Hehe. That's because they have nice products.
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by Chartey(m): 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
How can Hot Note be there and Hot Note Pro not be there?

Check this amazing thread and thank me later

https://www.nairaland.com/2814646/beautiful-work-art-christmas-gift
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
ratchy:
Why not when they only know how to consume.
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by badonkadonk: 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
#TeamHotNote... Please op! My beloved hot note is powered by an octacore processor and not a quadcore.. Kindly do the needful.. Thank you!!
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by noirsangre(m): 11:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
Chartey:
How can Hot Note be there and Hot Note Pro not be there?

Check this amazing thread and thank me later

https://www.nairaland.com/2814646/beautiful-work-art-christmas-gift
Hot note pro is a limited edition device so you can't get it. No need to put it there
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by noirsangre(m): 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
badonkadonk:
#TeamHotNote... Please op! My beloved hot note is powered by an octacore processor and not a quadcore.. Kindly do the needful.. Thank you!!
Oh sorry. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by badonkadonk: 11:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
noirsangre:
Oh sorry. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.
No problemo!!
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by jmaxjohn(m): 4:40am On Dec 22, 2015
Best android phones for where? shocked
In which country? shocked
I laf una
Ur topic shdv been best affordable android phones in Nigeria at 2015.
D only reasonable phone there isXiaomi Mi 4, hw dare u put mediatek processors with d likes of snapdragon? U clearly don't know wat ure doing.

1 Like

Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by Chartey(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2015
noirsangre:

Hot note pro is a limited edition device so you can't get it. No need to put it there

I'm using it. I know other people who do.
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by Xhaka(m): 7:26am On Dec 22, 2015
Two Tecno phones involved?
Great stuff
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by kolexepana: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2015
Oya #TeamCamonC8
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by noirsangre(m): 9:50am On Dec 22, 2015
jmaxjohn:
Best android phones for where? shocked
In which country? shocked
I laf una
Ur topic shdv been best affordable android phones in Nigeria at 2015.
D only reasonable phone there isXiaomi Mi 4, hw dare u put mediatek processors with d likes of snapdragon? U clearly don't know wat ure doing.
Please give us your own list
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by Spicylate(f): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
So my Sony did not make it? sad
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by noirsangre(m): 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Chartey:

I'm use it. I know other people who do.
Limited edition. You can't get it now. Only used ones.
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
noirsangre:

Please give us your own list

The topic should have been best affordable phones in Nigeria, or most used phones in Nigeria. Because someone lives in a duplex in ojota doesn't mean he doesn't like to live in a mansion in banana island. Me for example can't use any of those phones u mentioned. The only ones I can use are the xiaomi mi4 and tecno phantom 5 and they will both be used as second phone.
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by noirsangre(m): 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
greenhulk:

The topic should have been best affordable phones in Nigeria, or most used phones in Nigeria. Because someone lives in a duplex in ojota doesn't mean he doesn't like to live in a mansion in banana island. Me for example can't use any of those phones u mentioned. The only ones I can use are the xiaomi mi4 and tecno phantom 5 and they will both be used as second phone.
You're right though. But majority of Nigerians can't afford to spend upwards of 60k on phones in this current state of the economy. That is why I titled it like this. Besides these are also the best selling phones in Nigeria right now.
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by Xhaka(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
noirsangre:

You're right though. But majority of Nigerians can't afford to spend upwards of 60k on phones in this current state of the economy. That is why I titled it like this. Besides these are also the best selling phones in Nigeria right now.
Nigerians actually spend more on phones
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by davou4eva(m): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
Check Sony Xperia Z3
Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by refreshrate: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
Please someone should notify me when the actual list of phones for 2015 is out.

What are these ?

Phones wey no make gsmarena list?

I tire for una o

1 Like

Re: Best Android Phones Of 2015 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
refreshrate:
Please someone should notify me when the actual list of phones for 2015 is out.

What are these ?

Phones wey no make gsmarena list?

I tire for una o

Lol, na so we see am. Phones that are targeted at 3rd world countries.

(1) (Reply)

India ₦1,500 Android Smartphone (freedom 251) To Begin Shipping Next Week / Infinix Note 3 With Fingerprint Scanner Coming Soon / HELP!!! My Phone Is Being Controlled By A Spyware(netalpha Virus)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.