Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name (1605 Views)

Lady Rocks Her Bare Baby Bump, Poses With Shirts & Shoes For Her Unborn Child / Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria / I Want To Give Up Our Unborn Baby For Adoption. Any Help Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by okey1074: 4:07am On Dec 22, 2015
My wife is pregnant with our first child, we do not yet know the gender of the baby. We've chosen a name for a boy but we are struggling to come up with a good baby girl's name. We've chosen native names (Ibo) we only need English names.

Any suggestions??
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by Florblu(f): 6:17am On Dec 22, 2015
Are you a Christian? Name her Sharon(a fertile land)
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by Pidggin(f): 6:22am On Dec 22, 2015
Esther, Charlotte, Favor, Joy, Serah, Bernice
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by GodnGold: 10:58am On Dec 22, 2015
okey1074:
My wife is pregnant with our first child, we do not yet know the gender of the baby. We've chosen a name for a boy but we are struggling to come up with a good baby girl's name. We've chosen native names (Ibo) we only need English names.

Any suggestions??
Op is "Igbo"
Cindy.
Pearl.
Rose.
Collette.
Anna belle.
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
okey1074:

Any suggestions??
Choosing your baby's name should be a special and fun assignment between you and your wife. You're on nairaland, so I know you can utilize google. Type in "English babygirl names", if that's what you're looking for. You will find a ton along with their meanings. Write down the ones you like the best, pray over them if you must, and then decide on one. C'est tout!

1 Like

Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by okey1074: 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sharon was the name of my ex-wife, so that one is ruled out completely. I like Charlotte and Annabell.

Thanks to everyone.
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by marypearl(f): 10:01am On Dec 23, 2015
Radiance (light of God)
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by egbaguy: 10:42am On Dec 23, 2015
Patience goodluck

1 Like

Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by Olasco93: 11:44am On Dec 23, 2015
okey1074:
Sharon was the name of my ex-wife, so that one is ruled out completely. I like Charlotte and Annabell.

Thanks to everyone.

You remember the Story in the Bible how God changed the name of Abraham to Abram and that of Jacob to Isreal and how both men's lives changed as their names were changed.

I would advice you and your wife to know the 'Real and Intending Meaning' of the Names you finally decided to name Her because in our Society (Nigeria) for and the World at large, (Christiand) or not names are so important and it has its SPIRITUAL implications whether you know/like it or not.
Don't just name your child any name because you feel the name is nice or generally acceptable. If you child is so important, so does her name because even God recognizes him or her with the name you name her.
'Remember how God called the names of Men and Women in Bible days (he didn't name them by Himself, their Parents did)'.
I would advice maybe you choose the name: SOPHIA (It's just a suggestion). It means Wisdom and as you know, it means God's Wisdom. ''Remember that WISDOM brings everything to you.''
Or better still just click on the link below and make a choice by Deeply looking at the meaning, not just the Sweetness of the name.
www.resourcesforlife.com/library/names/feminine.htm
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by prahcetomi(m): 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2015
Praise!!!!
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by okey1074: 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
Thanks.
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by senchris(m): 12:08am On Dec 24, 2015
I have reserved Shekina for my first daughter.
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 24, 2015
Charlotte?? Sounds so white and blondish grin
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by thelish(f): 2:01am On Dec 24, 2015
Olasco93:

You remember the Story in the Bible how God changed the name of Abraham to Abram and that of Jacob to Isreal and how both men's lives changed as their names were changed.

I would advice you and your wife to know the 'Real and Intending Meaning' of the Names you finally decided to name Her because in our Society (Nigeria) for and the World at large, (Christiand) or not names are so important and it has its SPIRITUAL implications whether you know/like it or not.
Don't just name your child any name because you feel the name is nice or generally acceptable. If you child is so important, so does her name because even God recognizes him or her with the name you name her.
'Remember how God called the names of Men and Women in Bible days (he didn't name them by Himself, their Parents did)'.
I would advice maybe you choose the name: SOPHIA (It's just a suggestion). It means Wisdom and as you know, it means God's Wisdom. ''Remember that WISDOM brings everything to you.''
Or better still just click on the link below and make a choice by Deeply looking at the meaning, not just the Sweetness of the

name.

www.resourcesforlife.com/library/names/feminine.htm

U know how many wey I nor know wey lack sense? U make it sound like all Sophia have wisdom

1 Like

Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 24, 2015
Zara means light and princess

Michealla means gift from GOD

Peculiar means special

Ganesa god of intelligence and wisdom. ur pick
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by Jennifer89(f): 11:36am On Dec 24, 2015
go to this site and make your choice. www.world-english.org/girls_names-n.htm

1 Like

Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by Olasco93: 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
thelish:

U know how many wey I nor know wey lack sense? U make it sound like all Sophia have wisdom

It all depends on the 'Individual'.
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by okey1074: 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
I am adding Michealla to my list. I like the sound of the name!
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by slimmaintenance(m): 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
Caren, Joan, Diamond, Rachael, Mmiriaku, Akwaugo, Ugonma
Re: Help With Choosing Unborn Baby's Name by okey1074: 3:06am On Dec 25, 2015
Richael is my wife's name!

(1) (Reply)

/ Three Face Wardrobe For Sale at 65k / *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.