Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan (1330 Views)

I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate / Kanu, Dasuki : NBA, Sans Differ With Buhari, Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by handie(m): 4:58am On Dec 22, 2015
The Chairman, Presidential Advisory
Committee on Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay
(SAN), has advised former President Goodluck
Jonathan to meet with President Muhammadu
Buhari and confess all he knows about the $2bn
arms scandal.
Sagay told our correspondent during an
interview that if Jonathan could provide
adequate information, he would be accorded
the adequate respect by virtue of being a
former Head of State.
A former National Security Adviser, Sambo
Dasuki; a former Chairman of Daar
Communications, Chief Raymond Dokpesi; and
several others have been charged for their
roles in the arms scandal.
Dasuki had also claimed to be acting on
“instructions from above.”
When asked if Jonathan could be arrested
despite his soaring popularity in the
international community for conceding defeat
in the March 28 presidential election and
congratulating Buhari, Sagay said the issue was
a ‘sensitive’ one.
He, however, argued that conceding defeat to
Buhari did not make Jonathan a hero. The
senior advocate said one good action could not
correct several evil actions.
He said, “To start with, the great reputation he
(Jonathan) seems to have is the fact that he
admitted defeat. There are thousands of
actions that are negative actions so I don’t think
that we should overplay it.
“But on the issue of the former President going
to prison, I agree that it is a bit touchy
politically but the case of Jonathan is
particularly bad if you see the manner with
which the country’s resources and government
coffers have been turned into a bazaar parlour
where everyone goes to collect his own share.
Just like Warri boys would ask, ‘You don obtain
your own?’
“Everyone was going to ‘obtain’ under Jonathan.
It was just bizarre but I understand that dealing
with a former Head of State is always a
sensitive issue but I would say he should have a
private chat with President Muhammadu
Buhari and say all that he knows and if there is
anything he has to release, then he should
release it and be allowed to go quietly into
retirement.”
Also reacting to the N120m collected by some
members of the Newspapers Proprietors
Association of Nigeria from Dasuki which is
believed to be part of the diverted $2bn, Sagay
said investigations would determine if the
newspapers were culpable or not.
He said the Chairman of NPAN, Mr. Nduka
Obaigbena, who confessed to collecting over
N500m from Dasuki, might not be charged if
the process through which he collected the
money was transparent.
Sagay said, “I think the issue of knowledge and
motive are very important. In other words, if
Nduka Obaigbena was informed that the
Federal Government had decided to
compensate him for the losses suffered by his
company and this was conveyed in writing and
the cheque was given to him from the NSA, it
would not be out of place because the NSA,
after all, is a security adviser and what
happened to Obaigbena’s company was a
security adversity so I can understand that but
if it was an underground thing, without any
formality, explanation or record, that is when it
will arouse suspicion and make one to assume
that it was an underhand deal done to obtain
Federal Government money without any
entitlement.”
The senior advocate said plea bargaining which
was bastardised under the last administration
would be more stringent under the Buhari
government.
Under former President Olusegun Obasanjo,
the Inspector General of Police, Tafa Balogun,
was convicted of financial impropriety and
sentenced to six months in jail while the
Managing Director of the defunct Oceanic Bank,
Cecilia Ibru, who was convicted of financial
impropriety, was jailed for six months and
made to forfeit assets worth N191bn.
However, both Balogun and Ibru spent their
jail terms in hospital and never went to prison.
In his reaction, Sagay told our correspondent
that under Buhari, people would be made to
spend more time in jail rather than be given
light sentences.
The senior advocate said there was no
provision in the constitution for convicted
people to spend their entire jail term in
hospital.
He said the Administration of Criminal Justice
Act coupled with the anti-corruption stance of
the President would ensure that no one
escaped justice.
He said, “It is something that we have to look
into but I have a feeling that with the new
government and the arrival of the
Administration of Criminal Justice Act which
has plea bargaining positions that are tougher
than the normal ones, I think we are going to
see people spending longer periods in prison
even with plea bargaining and it will be longer
than six months.”
Source: www.punchng.com/confess-your-sins-to-buhari-sagay-tells-jonathan/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by handie(m): 4:59am On Dec 22, 2015
I seriously don't understand why Jonathan won't be spending Xmas in Kuje prison. Dasuki Sambo is just the fall guy here. We all know most of d payments were approved by Jonathan and used for his campaigns. From his denial of approving any payment @ the initial stage to his now famous silence and statements that contradicted his initial assertion by the ex-minister of finance and ex NSA, it's now clear the hero wasn't really a hero but some desperate fellow who would do any and everything to stay in power and only conceded defeat when all other options had been exhausted. If u still believe his statement that his ambition ain't worth the life of one Nigerian, I'll ask that u think of the number of lives lost due to d diversion of money meant for arms.
My questions are: Is Goodluck Jonathan above the law? Why not bring him in for questioning? Can we ever get it right if we continue shielding corrupt fellows cause of d title "ex president"? Is it fair we arrest and prosecute Dasuki, Dokpesi, Bafarawa and d rest of them while leaving the man who gave d order for payments? If Jonathan had any respect for the office of the president, he won't have sanctioned those payments. He showed no respect to the office and as such, doesn't deserve any respect because of d office

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by Bevista: 5:02am On Dec 22, 2015
I hope this is not another Itse Sagay impersonation?...Will come back to comment once I confirm it is true.
---
GEJ's concession of defeat has been overplayed by his supporters as a heroic act - in a desperate bid to cover up his crass incompetence and improbity in managing the country's resources. Out of respect for the office of "Ex President", The man should just quietly go and see PMB and confess his sins. He should return every penny he looted from the treasury and help recover same from his fellow bandits.
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by Jazzlite: 5:08am On Dec 22, 2015
go and lock him up ke....
fashola's 500 million naira borehole is still there, his 78 million naira website is also there
Amaechi's case is in the open.....
Buhari grounded the economy deliberately by refusing to appoint ministers for months.... and finally appointing same same people!
handie:
I seriously don't understand why Jonathan won't be spending Xmas in Kuje prison

4 Likes

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by koboko69: 5:16am On Dec 22, 2015
[s]
Jazzlite:
fashola's 500 million naira borehole is still there, his 78 million naira website is also there
Buhari grounded the economy deliberately by refusing to appoint ministers for months.... and finally appointing same same people!
[/s]

Stale and boring already!
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by lordizak(m): 5:20am On Dec 22, 2015
Jazzlite:
u can't witnesses change.
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by EternalTruths: 5:21am On Dec 22, 2015
Buhari is a coward

How many times have the people of SS and SE challenged him to prosecute Jonathan

After all what is he scared of now, that oil has lose its value and the groundnut/cocoa of the 97% are about to finance Nigeria. grin

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by tafabaloo(m): 5:26am On Dec 22, 2015
Ok now
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by Jazzlite: 5:34am On Dec 22, 2015
Change from good to evil yea I can't be a witness...... BUT AM A WITNESS FOR GOOD, EXCELLENCE, JOY UNSPEAKABLE!
But grinding Nigeria's economy to a halt is treasonable felony! Buhari should be in court in my opinion.... I may be wrong..but he should explain with his hands behind his back why he chose to deliberately refuse to appoint ministers for months!!!

lordizak:

u can't witnesses change.

2 Likes

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by Jazzlite: 5:34am On Dec 22, 2015
same here

koboko69:
[s][/s]

Stale and boring already!
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by Tolexander: 5:37am On Dec 22, 2015
Bevista:
I hope this is not another Itse Sagay impersonation?...Will come back to comment once I confirm it is true.
---
GEJ's concession of defeat has been overplayed by his supporters as a heroic act - in a desperate bid to cover up his crass incompetence and improbity in managing the country's resources. Out of respect for the office of "Ex President", The man should just quietly go and see PMB and confess his sins. He should return every penny he looted from the treasury and help recover same from his fellow bandits.
that is the reason I first scroll down to view the source to confirm it is not Tribune

However, both Balogun and Ibru spent their
jail terms in hospital and never went to prison.
In his reaction, Sagay told our correspondent
that under Buhari, people would be made to
spend more time in jail rather than be given
light sentences
A prophet once prophesized Jonathan going to nail.
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by lordizak(m): 5:40am On Dec 22, 2015
Jazzlite:
Change from good to evil yea I can't be a witness...... BUT AM A WITNESS FOR GOOD, EXCELLENCE, JOY UNSPEAKABLE!
But grinding Nigeria's economy to a halt is treasonable felony! Buhari should be in court in my opinion.... I may be wrong..but he should explain with his hands behind his back why he chose to deliberately refuse to appoint ministers for months!!!

Church don brainwash u.
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by handie(m): 5:45am On Dec 22, 2015
Jazzlite:
Do u have proof against any of these guys? If yes pls a petition to EFCC with all facts will be highly appreciated. Amaechi's case is in d open? Really? I take it u didn't watch d ministerial screening. Have u heard anything about Amaechi since he became minister? Can't u deduce the campaign of calumny to stop him from being minister? As for ur support for Jonathan, I'm honestly appalled. How can u be in support of someone who willfully diverted money meant for arms purchase to political campaign? Do u know the number of lives lost due to the military inability to access necessary weapons? (Weapons that money was provided for but some fellow decided to siphon to his campaign after saying his ambition ain't worth d blood of any Nigerian). From his initial denial of approving any arms monies to his silence since Dasuki started singing, ain't it obvious that ur hero isn't really a hero but some corrupt fellow who didn't mind sacrificing the lives of Nigerians on the alter of his political ambition?

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by handie(m): 5:48am On Dec 22, 2015
EternalTruths:
Buhari is a coward

How many times have the people of SS and SE challenged him to prosecute Jonathan

After all what is he scared of now, that oil has lose its value and the groundnut/cocoa of the 97% are about to finance Nigeria. grin
Shey na this year them first say u go finally get sense? The year is 8 days away from ending and not an iota of sense is still in you. Which way bro?

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by iokpebholo: 5:49am On Dec 22, 2015
Confess ke.is he God?jonathan jonathan jonathan b4 u know 4yrs go pass witout any development.

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by dunkem21(m): 5:54am On Dec 22, 2015
EternalTruths:
Buhari is a coward

I laugh in Cocoa kola grin

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by Jazzlite: 6:01am On Dec 22, 2015
handie:
Do u have proof against any of these guys? If yes pls a petition to EFCC with all facts will be highly appreciated. Amaechi's case is in d open? Really? I take it u didn't watch d ministerial screening. Have u heard anything about Amaechi since he became minister? Can't u deduce the campaign of calumny to stop him from being minister? As for ur support for Jonathan, I'm honestly appalled. How can u be in support of someone who willfully diverted money meant for arms purchase to political campaign? Do u know the number of lives lost due to the military inability to access necessary weapons? (Weapons that money was provided for but some fellow decided to siphon to his campaign after saying his ambition ain't worth d blood of any Nigerian). From his initial denial of approving any arms monies to his silence since Dasuki started singing, ain't it obvious that ur hero isn't really a hero but some corrupt fellow who didn't mind sacrificing the lives of Nigerians on the alter of his political ambition?
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/188248-nigerian-anti-corruption-activists-drag-fashola-to-efcc-over-n78-million-website-scandal.html

http://tribuneonlineng.com/efcc-preliminary-report-fashola-ready-%E2%80%94cacol-claims
http://pulse.ng/politics/amaechi-why-efcc-icpc-can-t-probe-ex-governor-id4136841.html
https://www.naij.com/531535-amaechis-sins-exposed-efcc-begins-probe-administration.html
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by ogdada: 6:03am On Dec 22, 2015
Igbeyi aye...................
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by DWJOBScom(m): 6:10am On Dec 22, 2015
Well, PMB goons can paint all the stories in the world and even get a grammy for the best script to keep Nigerians entertained and keep their hearts away from seeking great development.....

BUT we will request and ask in due season!

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by greatiyk4u(m): 6:12am On Dec 22, 2015
Time for true confession, after confessing 2 PMB, GEJ should rush to the Supreme Authority which is God Almighty to do the ultimate "confession"
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by handie(m): 6:12am On Dec 22, 2015
Bevista:
---
It'll be a miscarriage of justice if this criminal doesn't go to jail
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by handie(m): 6:14am On Dec 22, 2015
Tonyebarcanista, what ya say? GEJ hands clean?
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by eagleeye2: 6:23am On Dec 22, 2015
handie:
I seriously don't understand why Jonathan won't be spending Xmas in Kuje prison. Dasuki Sambo is just the fall guy here. We all know most of d payments were approved by Jonathan and used for his campaigns. From his denial of approving any payment @ the initial stage to his now famous silence and statements that contradicted his initial assertion by the ex-minister of finance and ex NSA, it's now clear the hero wasn't really a hero but some desperate fellow who would do any and everything to stay in power and only conceded defeat when all other options had been exhausted. If u still believe his statement that his ambition ain't worth the life of one Nigerian, I'll ask that u think of the number of lives lost due to d diversion of money meant for arms.
My questions are: Is Goodluck Jonathan above the law? Why not bring him in for questioning? Can we ever get it right if we continue shielding corrupt fellows cause of d title "ex president"? Is it fair we arrest and prosecute Dasuki, Dokpesi, Bafarawa and d rest of them while leaving the man who gave d order for payments? If Jonathan had any respect for the office of the president, he won't have sanctioned those payments. He showed no respect to the office and as such, doesn't deserve any respect because of d office
I am still wondering why IBB, OBJ, ABDULSALAMI are still working the streets as FREE MEN. And how come Buhari is leading Nigeria again.
Okay, I get it. They are (were) military men who are above the law and most especially their region won't stand by and watch them go to KUJE PRISON.
BUT JONATHAN IS FROM THE MINORITY AND HIS REGION IS ONLY GOOD FOR THE OIL IN THE LAND AND EQUALLY GOOD FOR PRISON TERMS.
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by criminalmindz: 6:25am On Dec 22, 2015
That buhari iw who na? Which kind foolish govt is this
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by doctokwus: 6:25am On Dec 22, 2015
Pathetic.Which country moves forward by allowing Ex presidents to go Scot free even with massive corruption indictments.
I still ask:who in dasuki's shoes wud have disobeyed the directives of a president?Dasuki was only obeying GEJ's orders and can't be prosecuted alone.
GEJ even with only d little we know for now is turning out to be the most corrupt president this country has ever had.In a sane clime GEJ will by now be behind bars.
#gejmustfacejustice
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by eagleeye2: 6:29am On Dec 22, 2015
[b]1) 93 suit cases...... .......Buhari. (2) Gulf oil windfall....... . .......IBB (3) Abacha's returned loot................ABDULSALAMI (4) Halliburton Scandal................ OBJ[/b]Just to mention a few.
YET SOME PEOPLE WANT GEJ ALONE TO GO TO PRISON.
.Say what you like, it will be a damn shame if the Niger Deltans sit on their asses and watch the only man to have risen to the post of a President go to jail for the same crime other past president's have committed.
By the way I AM IGBO.
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by Opinedecandid(m): 6:30am On Dec 22, 2015
Buhhari the saint, the priest or the what
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by carinmom(f): 6:32am On Dec 22, 2015
GEJ, don't let this season of confession passes without confessing all your sins grin grin
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by eagleeye2: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2015
doctokwus:
Pathetic.Which country moves forward by allowing Ex presidents to go Scot free even with massive corruption indictments.
I still ask:who in dasuki's shoes wud have disobeyed the directives of a president?Dasuki was only obeying GEJ's orders and can't be prosecuted alone.
GEJ even with only d little we know for now is turning out to be the most corrupt president this country has ever had.In a sane clime GEJ will by now be behind bars.
#gejmustfacejustice

THE SAME COUNTRY THAT ALLOWS THE LIKE OF OBJ AND IBB TO WALK FREE WITH MASSIVE CORRUPTION INDICTMENTS.
Re: Confess Your Sins To Buhari, Sagay Tells Jonathan by Mynd44: 6:36am On Dec 22, 2015

(1)

Photo-Nigerian Born Sworn-in As Judge Of Newark Municipal Court. / Imo State Government Set To Tax Churches / Latest Update: Udom Emmanuel Vs Umana Feb 3rd 2016 - Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.