Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? (3760 Views)

Rover 75: Users Please Review / I Need A Mechanic That Can Change Rover 75 Engine To Honda Engine / Overheating In Rover 75 V6 2.5 Liter Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by lungwun(m): 10:43am On Jun 09, 2009
my fellow nairalanders, i urgently need to know the price range of a rover 75 in naija.
cos i am thinking of buying and sending one over. but if the price in nigeria is just a little more expensive (maybe 200k)
i would rather save myself the time and the stress of purchase, conversion, shipping and clearing.
expedite answers will be welcome.
thanks.
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 09, 2009
I have no idea how much Rover 75's go for in Nigeria.

But I'd advice you to steer clear of any Rover running the K-series engines.
The Rover 75 comes in I4 or V6, and all are K-series to be avoided like the proverbial plague.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by lungwun(m): 11:32am On Jun 09, 2009
Now that is really heart breaking news. really getting to like the car. guess that's why they went out of business.
really hoped to take home a "cheap" UK car when going back to naija for the christmas.
and i am all out of options. how about the 406 coupe's? any good?
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by tboy1(m): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2009
lungwun:

Now that is really heart breaking news. really getting to like the car. guess that's why they went out of business.
really hoped to take home a "cheap" UK car when going back to naija for the christmas.
u do know rhd is banned in nigeria right?
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by lungwun(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2009
Yeah i do know that. plan on getting it converted here first before shipment.
you are the one with the BMW right?
could you give me a heads up on shipping and clearing costs?
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by Pennywise(m): 11:45am On Jun 09, 2009
Siena:

I have no idea how much Rover 75's go for in Nigeria.

The Rover 75 comes in I4 or V6, and all are K-series to be avoided like the proverbial plague.

Sienna, I am a keen admirer of rover 75 and am seriously thinking of getting myself one. Could you elaborate on this observation.

tboy1:

u do know rhd is banned in nigeria right?
That is why OP is considering conversion. But are they all rhd? Dont they have factory made lhd rover 75 made for american users perhaps?
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by ElRazur: 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2009
Rover 75 is called a "Poor man's Jag" over here. grin Don't get me wrong, they are very good car aesthetically, but like already pointed, they are let down by the engine in them.

My friend had the one with a V6 engine, leather trim, satellite navigation etc. However, the V6 do not really feel like one and to balanced things out, his own didn't go to the mechanic much, other than for regular service.

The Rover company folded up, partly because of poor innovations, changing market and competition. However, they may be back - I am sure some company with deep pockets would probably buy the intellectual rights etc.

Instead of buying a RHD in the UK, just pop over to Germany to pick them up - Check out Mobile.de [However, do not part with your money over the internet, that site have been ruined by Naijans Fraudsters] and the dealer usually leave their email and details.

Good luck if that is what you want, but have at the back of your mind that they are problematic. smiley
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by tboy1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2009
lungwun:

Yeah i do know that. plan on getting it converted here first before shipment.
you are the one with the BMW right?
could you give me a heads up on shipping and clearing costs?
clearing urs will probably be around 250k  . . . for the shipping from here, its wasnt just one car that was in the container so i cant give u a price for just one car. i can give u the guys number though if u interested(pls write ur email add ere) and if u take a look at this thread you probably get more info about shipping and clearing cars in lagos : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-22497.128.html
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by tboy1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2009
Pennywise:

That is why OP is considering conversion. But are they all rhd? Dont they have factory made lhd rover 75 made for american users perhaps?
yes u can get the lhd but not in uk
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by Pennywise(m): 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2009
ElRazur:

Rover 75 is called a "Poor man's Jag" over here. grin Don't get me wrong, they are very good car aesthetically, but like already pointed, they are let down by the engine in them.

My friend had the one with a V6 engine, leather trim, satellite navigation etc. However, the V6 do not really feel like one and to balanced things out, his own didn't go to the mechanic much, other than for regular service.

The Rover company folded up, partly because of poor innovations, changing market and competition. However, they may be back - I am sure some company with deep pockets would probably buy the intellectual rights etc.

Instead of buying a RHD in the UK, just pop over to Germany to pick them up - Check out Mobile.de [However, do not part with your money over the internet, that site have been ruined by Naijans Fraudsters] and the dealer usually leave their email and details.

Good luck if that is what you want, but have at the back of your mind that they are problematic. smiley
Thanks bro. A poor man's jag is exactly what it is. I think I have found my peace with rover 75. No space for another lemon.

@OP
On the average a good one will sell for about N2.2m in Nigeria.
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2009
Pennywise:

Sienna, I am a keen admirer of rover 75 and am seriously thinking of getting myself one. Could you elaborate on this observation.

The K-series motors have an unhealthy appetite for cylinder heads, often the cylinder block is destroyed too. It's aluminium, with dry liners. The casting techniques employed are very poor, hence the heads are very porus, and difficult to seal properly.

lungwun:

You're all out of options, because the Rover 75 is a terrible car?? shocked What about the millions of other options out there??
The Peugeot 406 Coupe's a good car, especially in 3,0 V6 guise.
Like most Peugeot models, sourcing parts in Nigeria shouldn't be a major issue.
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by lungwun(m): 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2009
The thing is, the rover 75 looks so grand and yet is in price range of circa 3000pounds.
which is about my budget. I dont think i could get something that is so classy in that range.
except i am looking in the wrong places.
advice on other worthwile models in that price range will be much appreciated.
thanks.
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by ElRazur: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2009
Dude the cars are not that reliable. There is a high probability you will end up with one that would give you problems. If you are hell bent on getting one, perhaps you should consider swapping the engine for something more reliable. smiley

If you are about class [for that price range] and what not, I guess you may have to look at things like Xedos from Mazda [Mind you, now discontinued] or something from Hyundai or Kia??
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by lungwun(m): 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2009
thats a good advice but it might seem funny importing a kia or hyundai that are readily available in naija.
my budget of 3000 pounds is cos i might have to convert it which might be above 1500 pounds. so,
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by ElRazur: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2009
Not really. Buy one from Germany. smiley They go for cheap money, you just need to drive it back or ship it from there.
Re: How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? by mayuzng: 10:25am On May 02, 2012
Siena: I have no idea how much Rover 75's go for in Nigeria.

what other type of engines does rover 75 have apart from these K series also can one change the engine to like honda civic engine like the rover 620's comes with them

(1) (Reply)

Ford Escape Thread / Advice On Peugeot 406 / Nigeria’s New Auto Policy Drops import By 20%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.