Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland (3135 Views)

Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members / Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch B II Corps Members / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by paradise88: 9:36am On Dec 22, 2015
Someone just sent this to me now

Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by trustedward(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2015
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Fraih(f): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2015
Ok, seen
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 22, 2015
amodu
logoDWhiz
adebowale98
kbs468
come amd c somthin o
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2015
Fraih:
Ok, seen

Are you for A16?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:29am On Dec 22, 2015
justified19:
amodu
logoDWhiz
adebowale98
kbs468
come amd c somthin o

Seen. We've seen this already in the main thread.

I think this thread should be closed.
Firstly, the official TT is not yet out. And there is another thread created for this.

Cc: Yokiti, Ogbeche77, Crazyman
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by kuchikau: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2015
God see me tru abeg
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by naijacentric(m): 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
its true the notice is out in my school
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Fraih(f): 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Are you for A16?
Yea
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
Fraih:
Yea
Have u done your introduction on the main thread?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Fraih(f): 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Have u done your introduction on the main thread?
Yes?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Fraih:
Yes?

But I don't see you comment there regularly
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Fraih(f): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

But I don't see you comment there regularly
Yes, generally, i dont comment regularly.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by paradise88: 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
paradise88:
Someone just sent this to me now
naijacentric:
which sch?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by kuchikau: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
naijacentric:
Which school?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Jombojombo(m): 1:22am On Dec 23, 2015
Nice to be here fellow prospective otondos cheesy

Pls lets make this thread more productive and responsive as the other group has been full of grossly irrelevant posts

I will start by introducing myself:
Dave,
proudly ESUTITE,
Chemistry.

U can follow suit
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Jombojombo(m): 1:28am On Dec 23, 2015
NYSC ORIENTATION CAMP PREPARATION
Youths Obey the Clarion Call!!!!!!

MIND PREPARATION

You need to prepare your mind that you are leaving home for a regimented life in the camp. Life in the camp is deliberately made stressful so as to prepare you for any challenge that may confront you outside the camp. You will not find it too comfortable, it' s a camp and not your house! Just be ready for anything....

ITEMS YOU WILL NEED

1. Very Important Ones
a. Statement of Result
b. School ID Card
c. Passport photographs (10 pieces)
d. Call-Up Letter (DO NOT laminate it please).
NB: Get 5 photocopies each of items A,B, and D above along with originals...
2. Important Ones ( For your Convenience)
a. Two or three white T-shirts and shorts (You will be given two sets but may not be enough for you in 3weeks).
b. Two or three pairs of socks and a white rubber tennis shoes or canvass.
c. Bathroom slippers and Dettol
d. A plastic bucket (You can buy it in the camp) and a permanent marker.
e. Sponge and its case, bath-soap and detergent
f. Bedsheet, towel and two pairs of casual wear, (and a mosquitoe net if you feel like) Just have them for Sundays and Fridays.
g. Waist bag (very very important for housing your phones, ID Cards, Handkerchief, biros, etc)
h. Small-sized Torchlight/ Rechargeable lamp (small one please)
i. Cooler (not a party cooler please) cup and spoon. Fork is not allowed
j. Ladies could add any other few conveniences. I believe you understand me
k. Money! Money! Money! Hold good cash depending on how you spend...
GO EARLY!
Even if the camp is on your street, go early. If you are posted to a far state, go the day before the camp opens. They will allow you in. Going late will make you go through registration stress!!!

SCREENING

It starts at the gate. They dont want u to bring in prohibited items like iron, knive, heater, fork etc.

REGISTRATION

The first one is for hostel/ bedspace. Then the paper registrations proper. Make everything ready. Look out for information pasted on walls. Follow instructions strictly...

YOUR KITS

During the registration, you will get your kits - shirts, shorts, etc. Use the marker to write your State Code Number on them. You will be given a meal ticket. Misplace it and forget about NYSC food

DURATION

You will be in the camp for 20 full days. The 21st day is the day you will leave camp...

THERE YOU GO!

Immediately you have your kits, only your T-shirt and shorts with the tennis shoe are allowed on you. No room for casual wears. Parade/ marching training starts immediately. The soldiers will not give you breathing space at all. You will have the first one that same Day One...

YOUR MORNINGS

A small trumpet wakes you at 4:00am. Everybody gathers at the Parade Ground at 5:00am. You have your praise, worship and prayer the Christian and Muslim ways. Till the day breaks finally, breakfast follows!
After eating, you will be called out again for the series of programmes lined up for you. Then you have your lunch. Rest a little and you are out again for evening parade. Then later your dinner. This will repeat itself everyday perhaps except on Sunday...

SOLDIERS

Hmmm, Obey them pls. They can punish you. No walking, its all jogging when they call u. Dont prostrate or kneel down greeting a soldier. Do it the soldier way. They could be friendly anyway. Be wise!!!

ALLOWEE

Your first allowance will be given to you in the camp cash. All other ones will be through the bank. You will get Bicycle Allowance.

PHOTOGRAPHY

Photographers are ready to snap you every minute. Manage your cash...

NOW, YOU ARE ABOUT GOING OUT OF THE CAMP YOUR POSTING

You will be posted from the camp to where you will work. The place you work in is called your Place of Primary Assignment (PPA). Hear this: most Corpers, I mean about 90% of the Corpers will be posted to schools (especially primary and secondary schools). Only VERY FEW will be posted to the universities, polytechnics, colleges, ministries and parastatals.
Please! Don't lobby for your posting. Don't pay ANYBODY for assistance. Pray rather than pay... Receive the shocking or expected posting as you receive your letters with joy. It's a clarion call to service; that's what we call it....

GOING OUT: TRANSPORTATION

When you get your Posting Letter, the first place to go to is your PPA.
Please, when you leave the camp, 'home-sweet-home' will be on your mind, having been used up in the camp, but please, don't go home straight. Please!
Very few of your employers (i.e. PPAs) will send down vehicles to convey you from the camp to their work places... Commercial transporters will likely be available at the gate too...

ACCOMMODATION

You don't know anybody in Gusau, Awka, Jalingo or Ekiti! Where will you sleep on the first day? The Muslim Corpers' Association of Nigeria (MCAN) and Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship(NCCF) will give you a TEMPORARY accommodation pending the time you will HAVE TO GET YOURS. You could be lucky if your employer gives you a room... Many of them don't give Corpers accommodation anyway. So be prepared to rent one at your cost. Your first 'allowee' which you received in the camp is already going down!!!

REGISTRATIONS

This is why you don't have to go home straight. Your registration at the NYSC Office in the Local Govt you will be posted to, is important. Failure to complete it before going home is the beginning of a Corper's cup of tea. You may begin to have problems with your subsequent monthly allowances. Do all registrations first. Then you can take permission to go home...
Corpers weeee!!!!!! Answer, waaaaa!!!!!

Source: NYSC website

3 Likes

Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Jombojombo(m): 1:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Lalasticlala pls help us promote this thread
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Jombojombo(m): 1:33am On Dec 23, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Seen. We've seen this already in the main thread.

I think this thread should be closed.
Firstly, the official TT is not yet out. And there is another thread created for this.

Cc: Yokiti, Ogbeche77, Crazyman
So that ur irrelevant thread would be trending
You are a joking sadist.... This thread has come to stay!
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:39am On Dec 23, 2015
Jombojombo:
So that ur irrelevant thread would be trending
You are a joking sadist.... This thread has come to stay!

Lol! grin
Now I understand your frustration.
Bye!
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:40am On Dec 23, 2015
Fraih:
Yes, generally, i dont comment regularly.
Okay. No problem dear
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Jombojombo(m): 1:42am On Dec 23, 2015
While we introduce ourselves, lets also add where we wish to serve.

My own will be in the following order: Abj, Oyo & Akwa-Ibom.

Pls our senior Otondos should branch in here and drop some words of advice.... Surely, it will be appreciated cheesy
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Jombojombo(m): 1:46am On Dec 23, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Lol! grin
Now I understand your frustration.
Bye!
Am sure you will not sleep tonight because if this thread!
Bro, high BP is real ooo cheesy
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:50am On Dec 23, 2015
Jombojombo:
Am sure you will not sleep tonight because if this thread!
Bro, high BP is real ooo cheesy
Not sleep?
Because of a thread?

Warped thinking!
Goodnight
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Jombojombo(m): 2:00am On Dec 23, 2015
It’s never easy packing bags, saying goodbye to family and friends and the heading out on a long journey to a distant land where you may not know anyone. This is often the case with many prospective corps members. Here are a few tips on how to be comfortable away from home on your service to fatherland:

1. Try to find friends, acquaintances or former schoolmates who may be heading in the same direction. It will help you feel comfortable on your trip especially if you’re going very far.

2. Ensure that you pack all the essentials such as toiletries, towels, bed sheet, provisions and all other things that will make you comfortable in camp. Dettol, Mosquito net and cardigan should be top on your priority list. However, depending on the period (rain/harmattan) and the place you will be serving, mosquito net may not be necessary.

3. Get all important documents you need for registration to avoid being sent back home:
* Your Final Year Student ID card
* The Notification of Result from your higher Institution (ORIGINAL and photocopies)
* Passport Photographs (You might not need more than 4 copies but it is better when you have many copies with you)
* NYSC Call Up letter (ORIGINAL with photocopies)

4. On your trip, make sure your phone is fully charged and maybe even keep an extra battery especially if you’re going far so that you can reach out to people whenever you need to.

5. Travel light. Make sure you pack very little extra clothing apart from your whites as you’ll only need them after camp or whenever you’re going to town.
ENJOY!!!
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Jombojombo(m): 2:19am On Dec 23, 2015
Fraih:
Ok, seen
Pls help us introduce urself
Good we knw one anoda here
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Fraih(f): 6:33am On Dec 23, 2015
Done that on the main thread already!
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by lalasticlala(m): 8:17am On Dec 23, 2015
Jombojombo:
Lalasticlala pls help us promote this thread

Yokiti has to recommend this if there is no other thread for it already..
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by DopeMonies: 8:24am On Dec 23, 2015
That pix has gone viral over the last 24hours. Wondering how true is it. I think it needs verification.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by DopeMonies: 8:26am On Dec 23, 2015
Jombojombo:
Nice to be here fellow prospective otondos cheesy

Pls lets make this thread more productive and responsive as the other group has been full of grossly irrelevant posts

I will start by introducing myself:
Dave,
proudly ESUTITE,
Chemistry.

U can follow suit
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by DopeMonies: 8:41am On Dec 23, 2015
Name- Dopemonies aka Tobechi Institution-UNIBEN Agric Economics State of Preference- Ondo, Osun or OYO. Wat else? Remind me.

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland by Jombojombo(m): 9:42am On Dec 23, 2015
lalasticlala:

Yokiti has to recommend this if there is no other thread for it already..

Though there is a thread like this already, but the truth of it is that the thread is full of irrelevant discussions..... In fact, over 90% of the comments there are not related to the topic.

While I appreciate the fact that some people are enjoying what is going on there, we have those who are only interested in issues concerning A16. The fact remains that the thread has lost its supposed focused, hence the need to have a new one and probably change the topic of the initial one in order to suit what is being discussed there.

May God bless Nairaland!

cc: Yokiti

3 Likes

(1) (2)

My Experience In Jos As A Corps Member. / Batch C (stream 1 And 2) Updates Tinz... / 10 Ways To Make Money As A Youth Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.