Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,216 members, 7,842,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Open Letter To Rt. Hon Lalong Of Plateau State By Comr Dater Pekop Dawu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Rt. Hon Lalong Of Plateau State By Comr Dater Pekop Dawu (466 Views)

Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong / Lalong, Wike, Tambuwal And Bello At Benin Airport This Morning / The Buhari Comfortable Hell By Comr. Dater Pekop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Rt. Hon Lalong Of Plateau State By Comr Dater Pekop Dawu by dachpee(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2015
Lalong are You the One or We Should Wait for Another?
Lalong my dear Governor, we have been hoping for the best yet we are getting the worst day by day. Though I knew and still know that you were not credible(I mean you did not and still do not have what it takes ) to lead a state that is the only one of its own kind.Yet I was all the same not uncomfortable with your victory at the polls with the hope that people change. I was therefore ready to concede to the benefits of that grace. Please make no mistake about this, I am not a fanatic to any politician. Neither am I a sycophant to just watch your gross inadequacies and ignore them pretending that all is well.
Let's put the records straight: Many that supported you said that your opponent was the right candidate at the wrong time. They confirmed that he was the most credible and the best candidate but.... They contended that you were not credible but you were the only option they could use to flush out your predecessor and his "god son" just like the people of Plateau Central used Sen. Satty Gogwim to flush out Sen. Ibrahim Nassiru Mantu at the end of which they said a big thank you to Satty Gogwim and then sent him to the dustbin to a seemingly everlasting oblivion. You confirmed that you never dreamt of becoming the governor of Plateau state, but many thanks to the political miscalculations of your predecessor. You were asked how you would tackle corruption and insecurity in Plateau state; your words: "Mai gidan mu a Abuja zai gaya mana abinda za mu yi". Hold on, you don't understand; I am not trying to be negative, I am only re-echoing what your supporters and yourself believe are facts that proved why you were "a product of circumstances and a child of necessity". Put in another way: "a product of political miscalculation and a smart opportunist".
I presuppose that what your supporters call your lack of credibility is your weak oratorial skills as though you were a student activist. My own definition of your incredibility is different from your supporters'. I felt and still feel that you are well read and yet you lack ideas. You tried to protect, from impeachment, a man who should, in the least, be described as a failure. You had no workable plans for Plateau state before you became the governor just like your political god father and cohort, Sen. Chief Dr. J.C. Dariye who only wakes up each day to ask what would be done to the people of Plateau state; you are simply an old wine in a new bottle. You are well exposed to many leadership experiences yet you seem not to be learnable.
It is accordingly instructive that you note as follows: (1) The rescue mission must in no time free the good citizens of Plateau state from the apron strings of wanton poverty and unemployment. (2) The rescue mission must better the loads of the workers of Plateau state especially that of our GALLANT & NEVER-DIE TEACHERS; the NATION BUILDERS who are NEVER TIRED workmen. Who have shown themselves approved and need not be ashamed of themselves. (3) The rescue mission must immediately go after all the looters of our treasury to raise money and stop this obnoxious excuses of "no money". (4) The rescue mission should immediately end the gruesome killings and reckless attacks on innocent citizens of Plateau state. (5) The rescue mission should immediately devise means of internal revenue generation to take care of our immediate problems.
Finally Mr Governor, we have waited so long for our expectations to be met; we are now asking whether you are the one or we should wait for another. Don't think it is too early to ask, remember you are on a mission and you have no vision. Please deliver the mission as soon as possible and give way; you are running out of time. You owe this much to posterity.
Please accept the warm assurances of my highly esteemed loyalty.

(1) (Reply)

Group Hails Omo-agege's Victory / Former Akwa Ibom Assembly Speaker Donates Vehicles & Motorcycles Ahead Of Rerun / We Have To Loose That Nigerian Mentality! Politicians Ain't God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.