Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? (1567 Views)

Someone Please Help. Just Got This Mail, Who Knows This Company Or Have An Idea / Just Got This Mail, Who Is With Me / Scam Mail From Omas Recruitment Agency (my Response And Theirs Too) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
I got the following mail today

Dear Elevator Candidate,
Congratulations!
Following your application for the 2016
Middle East & Africa Elevator intake, I am
delighted to inform you that you have been
shortlisted for the 2nd phase of our
application process.
I kindly ask you to complete an online SHL
Verbal and Numerical Assessment before
January, 8 th 2016. Hereby the direct link to
register yourself: http://
myassessment.ondemand.shl.com/ID.aspx?
ID=*****deleted*****
As part of your registration, you will need to
create a password (please write this down in
order to remember it) followed by entering
your personal data. You can complete the
tests in both English and your mother
tongue. You will receive an automated
message from SHL with the direct links to
complete both online assessments.
In case you might have any questions,
please do let me know. I would like to wish
you all the best for both assessments and
am looking forward to receive your results.
Wishing you a great festive season ahead!

Best regards from Amsterdam, Björn
BJÖRN OLTHOF
Graduate Recruitment Manager |Europe,
Middle East & Africa
Talent Acquisition

I remember applying for one Hilton vacancy but this mail looks so so fishy. Who else got this?
Re: Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by Juxtified(m): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Doesn't seem legit.
Just be extra careful when giving out your personal details, or on the alternative, RUN!
Re: Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by phyllosilicate(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
It is the Hilton recrutment you applied for. Prepare very well for the SHL assessment.
Would advice you ask nairalanders that have SHL preparation materials to send to you.

All the best.
Re: Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 23, 2015
phyllosilicate:
It is the Hilton recrutment you applied for. Prepare very well for the SHL assessment.
Would advice you ask nairalanders that have SHL preparation materials to send to you.

All the best.

Did you notice the grammatical blunders in the test invite??
Re: Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by phyllosilicate(m): 7:07am On Dec 23, 2015
Martins301:

firstly HR sometimes make mistakes. I have received mail invites with grammatical mistakes from reputable companies.

Secondly from the name of the Hr, english is not his first language language. People who learn english as a second language sometimes make more grammtical mistakes. In the book: everyone communicates few connect by John Maxwell, on the section communication across cultures he gave examples of grammatical blunders in official communications in parts of the world that don't speak english. Let me qoute just 3.

-In a Copenhagen airline office: WE Take Your Bag and Send Them In ALL Directions.

-Hotel brochure in Italy: This Hotel is Renowned for Its peace and Solitude, In Fact, Crowds from All Over the World Flock Here to Enjoy Its Solitude.

-From a brochure of a car rental firm in Tokyo: When Passenger of Foot Heave in Sight, Tootle the Horn, Trumpet Him Melodiously at First, But if He Still Obstacles Your Passage Then Tootle Him with Vigor.

You can fine more on page 153 and 154 of the book. To qoute the author "Trust me, if you haven't traveled much internationally, I can tell you that it can be a challenge.
Re: Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by phyllosilicate(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2015
Martins301:

the reason I say it is genuine are:
1. I did a search on 'middle east and africa 2016 Elevator' Hilton came up,
2. Only only big credible company like PWC, Shell, Pz PAYS companies like SHL, Saville etc to conduct an online test for them.
3. It is standard procedure to fill a personal data form before you take any SHL test. You are only required to give information like, name, sex, race, country, age, level of education. And SHL would not give this information to the coy. They use this information to comapare your result to people which you share same age, race etc.
Re: Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by odimbannamdi(m): 1:56am On Dec 24, 2015
Martins301:

hope sey u don learn something today?
Re: Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
phyllosilicate:

firstly HR sometimes make mistakes. I have received mail invites with grammatical mistakes from reputable companies.

Secondly from the name of the Hr, english is not his first language language. People who learn english as a second language sometimes make more grammtical mistakes. In the book: everyone communicates few connect by John Maxwell, on the section communication across cultures he gave examples of grammatical blunders in official communications in parts of the world that don't speak english. Let me qoute just 3.

-In a Copenhagen airline office: WE Take Your Bag and Send Them In ALL Directions.

-Hotel brochure in Italy: This Hotel is Renowned for Its peace and Solitude, In Fact, Crowds from All Over the World Flock Here to Enjoy Its Solitude.

-From a brochure of a car rental firm in Tokyo: When Passenger of Foot Heave in Sight, Tootle the Horn, Trumpet Him Melodiously at First, But if He Still Obstacles Your Passage Then Tootle Him with Vigor.

You can fine more on page 153 and 154 of the book. To qoute the author "Trust me, if you haven't traveled much internationally, I can tell you that it can be a challenge.

You sure say no be u send the mail?
Re: Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by phyllosilicate(m): 9:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
Martins301:

You sure say no be u send the mail?
Was just trying to help you. Hope you have no missed the opportunity or lost valuable time you would have used in preparation.

Check this thread it is real and it is the hilton.

www.nairaland.com/2817717/hilton-worldwide-2016-middle-east
Re: Is This A Scam Mail? Who Else Got This? by Rachie83: 10:47am On Dec 28, 2015
As soon as u are ask to pay some cash for processing then be careful.Scammers are everywhere

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Driving Job In Lagos Or Abeokuta / Worldbay Technologies Ltd Is Recruiting / Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.