Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday (3277 Views)

Eid-El-Kabir: FG Declares Friday & Monday As Public Holidays / Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th / FG Declares Dec 25, 26, Jan 1 As Public Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by APCLyingBastard: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
Since I was born in this Nigeria I know of only 4 religious holidays - Christmas, Easter , Eid el Kabir and Eid el Malaud.

Just today Buhari has added another religious holiday by declaring December, 28 a public holiday.

According to Buhari we will observe mohammed's birthday for the first time in the history of Nigeria. The Federal govt has declared December 28 as a public holiday to celebrate mohammed's birthday.

Waiting for them to declare Friday a work free day and Sunday the beginning of the work week. They can also replace our Gregorian calender with that of the Islamic calender and take us to 1426 since we are heading to the stone ages.

Yeye
Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by obaiIaIa(m): 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Buhari can't..There are some things he dare not..else...
Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by Monalisa185(f): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
sauce? I mean....SOURCE??
Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:
Since I was born in this Nigeria I know of only 4 religious holidays - Christmas, Easter , Eid el Kabir and Eid el Malaud.

Just today Buhari has added another religious holiday by declaring December, 28 a public holiday.

According to Buhari we will observe mohammed's birthday for the first time in the history of Nigeria. The Federal govt has declared December 28 as a public holiday to celebrate mohammed's birthday.

Waiting for them to declare Friday a work free day and Sunday the beginning of the work week. They can also replace our Gregorian calender with that of the Islamic calender and take us to 1426 since we are heading to the stone ages.

Yeye

You need education to cure your ignorance.

That holiday is not new in Nigeria.

@apclyingbastard, this is not the way to be in opposition. Stop lying.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by AngryNigerian(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
Correction...Dec. 28th is pub. holiday for boxing day that fell on a Saturday...

#StopTheHate

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
obaiIaIa:
Buhari can't..There are some things he dare not..else...

Are you minding the hate-filled OP?

The last Eid Maolud holiday was declared by Jonathan.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/174057-eid-el-maulud-federal-government-declares-friday-public-holiday.html

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by blackweaver(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Yeye

Actually December 28 is a public holiday because boxing day (december 26) - which is usually a public holiday, falls on a saturday

Nigeria has always celebrated 3 muslim holidays - Eid el Kabir, Eid el Maulud AND Eid el Fitri. Eid el Maulud is actually Mohammed's birthday, so it's not new. The only thing different about it is that we already celebrated it earlier this year. This is possible because the Islamic calendar (354 days) is shorter than the Gregorian calendar (365 days)

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by SegunAdewole: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Buhari oooo. This sharia man sef!
Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by agabusta: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Yeye

Senseless post. Monday 28th was declared public holiday because of boxing day that fell on a Saturday.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by CltrAltDel: 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
[s]
APCLyingBastard:

Yeye
[/s]

Lying Bastard...Stop displaying your stupidity in public....it is getting out of hand

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by gists: 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Yeye
Ignoramus! Can you tell us which holiday we observed on the 2nd of January this year since you said we have never celebrated Mohammed birthday in Nigeria before.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by MeAboki(m): 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Activa:

You need education to cure your ignorance.

That holiday is not new in Nigeria.

@apclyingbastard, this is not the way to be in opposition. Stop lying.

He is not only ignorant but a stupid bigot; endlessly seeking to find ways to apportion blame where there is none, simply to satisfy his irrational bigotry.

So in his warped mind, Christians can celebrate Jesus's birthday but Muslims shouldn't be allowed to do same for Mohammed.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
What a shameful post. The eid el maulud refers to prophet Muhammed's birth. Try to comprehend before posting rubbish. Ekpa

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by APCLyingBastard: 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
MeAboki:

He is not only ignorant but a stupid bigot; endlessly seeking to find ways to apportion blame where there is none, simply to satisfy his irrational bigotry.

So in his warped mind, Christians can celebrate Jesus's birthday but Muslims shouldn't be allowed to do same for Mohammed.

No be only bigot.

If una like change the Gregorian calender and make Sunday a work day.

Very soon you will have your Islamic utopia to yourselves and southern slaves in the West.

Yeye
Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by vault(m): 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
you are probably the biggest fool on earth..... funny enough av been wasting my data google searching the biggest fool on earth,, mofo I didn't know u re here

is maolud not Mohammed's birthday,, ogovo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Wailing ekpa!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by vault(m): 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
boxing day falls n Saturday,, its then moved to Monday..... because u hate buhari,, u started concluding rubbish..... eid maulud is the birth of the prophet..... idiot
Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by md4real(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
close thread I beg. some dudes need seriously education

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by ubah84(m): 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Yeye
mumu do you know what is ei dle moulud?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Adds Mohammed Birthday As Public Holiday by Mynd44: 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

1 Like

(1)

Some Kid I Used To Know Became A Soldier, So The Earth Must Now Worship Him? / Ethnic Groups That Always "Click" In Nigeria. / Quick Vote To Test Nnamdi Kanu's Popularity On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.