Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,556 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Truth About December 25th (christmas Day) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About December 25th (christmas Day) (839 Views)

Notorious tragedies On Christmas day / Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? / Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About December 25th (christmas Day) by Philadelphia: 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
PLEASE READ THROUGH TO THE END
I am going to be straight here. I know I'm going to hurt a lot of people here but make sure you read this with a clear and open mind in order to be able to accept change.
Firstly, so many people today are blindly doing things because they came to meet them existing even before they were born. But ponder, is it sufficient for a reason to continue?
While growing up, I looked forward to celebrating Christmas but later discovered that people who celebrate Christmas are indirectly worshipping a pagan god.
Secondly, Jesus never celebrated His birthday neither did he instruct us to celebrate it. Even if we are to celebrate it, Jesus never gave us a description as to how to go about the celebration.
About the Christmas tree, it is an idol being adorned. Else, why would an outdoor thing (tree) which is lifeless be dressed as something that has life and be brought inside the house?
The question now goes "what then is the origin of Christmas"?
Notice the gradual change from the name "Christmas" to "X-mas". This would tell you that the intent is to remove the focus from Christ and deceive people. Nowhere in the bible does "X" stand for Christ.
Also notice "Santa Clause". Of a truth, that is "Satan Clause". In English, a clause relates to "a separate part". This should tell you that the whole celebration has Satan in the picture. Else, why the use of "Santa". Mind you, "Santa" is not an English Word.
What of "Father Christmas"? Now decode that name in English "Father Christmas". Does it make any sense? If it does, the only sense it makes is blasphemous.
A lot of churches today call themselves"protestants". What are you protesting against when you swallow everything "hook, line and sinker".
If the bible ever instructed us to celebrate Christmas, it would have something to say with our salvation, but it doesn't.
Dear friends, this is just an introduction. The Holy Spirit, Bible, Conscience and common sense should guide you to the truth. Read and discover for yourself by following these links
http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/christmas-before-christ-the-surprising-truth
Re: The Truth About December 25th (christmas Day) by Obichi98(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
So sorry for this mis guided generation...And watch after invent of it all,more deeper into Sin!
Re: The Truth About December 25th (christmas Day) by malvisguy212: 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
Obichi98:
So sorry for this mis guided generation...And watch after invent of it all,more deeper into Sin!
https://www.nairaland.com/2802766/celebrating-christmas-wrong
Re: The Truth About December 25th (christmas Day) by jamex93(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
op

please stop trying to miss lead ppl

if u r against d change of name to Xmas DAT is OK

but trying to say the name Christmas makes no sense to u is quite surprising

now let me tell u as Christians we are to live a Christ like life on earth

wat is Christ like life

a love filled life

Christmas is a day set aside out of all other days for all to show love to one anoda reach out to the needy and so on

Christ showed love on earth and he expects us to do so

if Christmas was not celebrated

why did d wise men visit him and present gifts ? ( showed love to Jesus at his birth)
Re: The Truth About December 25th (christmas Day) by Philadelphia: 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
jamex93:
op

please stop trying to miss lead ppl

if u r against d change of name to Xmas DAT is OK

but trying to say the name Christmas makes no sense to u is quite surprising

now let me tell u as Christians we are to live a Christ like life on earth

wat is Christ like life

a love filled life

Christmas is a day set aside out of all other days for all to show love to one anoda reach out to the needy and so on

Christ showed love on earth and he expects us to do so

if Christmas was not celebrated

why did d wise men visit him and present gifts ? ( showed love to Jesus at his birth)

A day set aside by who? God or man? Biblical or Traditional?
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
What other love are you talking about?
Re: The Truth About December 25th (christmas Day) by jamex93(m): 12:30am On Dec 23, 2015
Philadelphia:

A day set aside by who? God or man? Biblical or Traditional?
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
What other love are you talking about?

Christianity is all about love

Christmas is all about love
John 3:16

16 "For God so loved the world that
he gave his one and only Son, that
whoever believes in him shall not
perish but have eternal life.

Matthew 2:10
When they saw the star, they
rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.

Luke 1:14
"You will have joy and gladness, and
many will rejoice at his birth.

Matthew 2:11
After coming into the house they
saw the Child with Mary His mother;
and they fell to the ground and
worshiped Him. Then, opening their
treasures, they presented to Him
gifts of gold, frankincense, and
myrrh.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Evangelism With Limousine and Rolls Royce / How I Served Rev. King Stark Naked - Former Maid / Religion Is A Scam,a Deceptive Tool For Manipulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.