Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods (3517 Views)

New And Old Webmasters Must Read And Test / Working On A 3D Game / Team For A Mobile And PC Game Company. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by pickabeau1: 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
Fula..

Good idea but you need a story first

The programming comes later

You can make three characters the prime ones

Bayagidda

Odua

Eri

Weave a quest in

Include mythology
Other great beings

Story must be tight

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by DonSegmond(m): 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2015
It can be done, but it will require massive efforts to be successful. You will need talented artists, 3d modellers, musician, script writer, programmers, not just someone who has great command of working with a 3d engine, but also a physics engine, and AI programming, and possibly network programming if you want multiplayer support. It can be done, but the road there is not easy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by Fulaman198(m): 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
pickabeau1:
Fula..

Good idea but you need a story first

The programming comes later

You can make three characters the prime ones

Bayagidda

Odua

Eri

Weave a quest in

Include mythology
Other great beings

Story must be tight

I agree story is probably the most important thing. I just haven't gone into details about it on our beautiful Nigerian public forum because there are prying eyes worldwide, not only Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by Fulaman198(m): 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
DonSegmond:
It can be done, but it will require massive efforts to be successful. You will need talented artists, 3d modellers, musician, script writer, programmers, not just someone who has great command of working with a 3d engine, but also a physics engine, and AI programming, and possibly network programming if you want multiplayer support. It can be done, but the road there is not easy.

That's true I'll try to find the right people

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by pickabeau1: 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

I agree story is probably the most important thing. I just haven't gone into details about it on our beautiful Nigerian public forum because there are prying eyes worldwide, not only Nigeria.

Super

That's the only way to generate interest

You can even make a mmorpg

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by Fulaman198(m): 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
pickabeau1:

Super

That's the only way to generate interest

You can even make a mmorpg

And charge people what? 2900 Naira a month? I don't think people can afford that smiley
Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
For I know one thing. Unity 3d can use c#, python or Boo. Maybe when I'm done with this project I have here, I could put up a story line.
I think I can (to an extent )develop something like this. I just wish it uses c++.

Any ideas on game development engines that use c++? Or does Aurora game engine use c++? Which dev engine uses c++?
Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by pickabeau1: 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

And charge people what? 2900 Naira a month? I don't think people can afford that smiley

If the story is good and the world is ever developing

People will pay

micro payments are the way to go

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
How about making a game based on the ibo deity, ikenga?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by Fulaman198(m): 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
pickabeau1:

If the story is good and the world is ever developing

People will pay

micro payments are the way to go

Thank you kind sir, I'll keep that in mind smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by Fulaman198(m): 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
gimakon:
How about making a game based on the ibo deity, ikenga?

Deities from many African ethnic groups will be in it, Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Mande, Songhai, etc. etc.

Lots of research will be done trust me smiley
Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 25, 2015
Fulaman198:

Deities from many African ethnic groups will be in it, Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Mande, Songhai, etc. etc.

Lots of research will be done trust me smiley

Not a problem, what's there?
It's just the programming part we need to look into.
Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
Fulaman198:

What?? Link bro is it an action adventure in 3D?

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/nov/27/aurion-kiroo-games-cameroon-african-kickstarter-video-game-heroes

http://kiroogames.com/en/kiro-o-business/video-games-in-africa.html

You can check it on YouTube too, I can't post the video : "Cameroon develops first African video game"
Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by Fulaman198(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/nov/27/aurion-kiroo-games-cameroon-african-kickstarter-video-game-heroes

http://kiroogames.com/en/kiro-o-business/video-games-in-africa.html

You can check it on YouTube too, I can't post the video : "Cameroon develops first African video game"

Cool thanks, whilst this is a hero video game, it seems to be 2D side-scrolling and also not quite the same plot I'm thinking of. However, it doesn't take away from the great job my Cameroonian brothers have done. I'm really impressed with them.
Re: Nigerians Should Create A 3D Action PC Game Based On African Heroes And Old Gods by firestar(f): 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
What a coincidence. Someone said this to me a few months back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Skills / Check Out My First Html And CSS Website / How To Hack Someone's Cell Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.