Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' (40143 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi / FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by talktonase(m): 10:40am On Dec 23, 2015
Pdp sympathizers cant wait to see PMB fail.
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Gbengais(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2015
WaffenSS:
This article's title is misleading.

The prof made his comments before PMB even presented the budget, and all he "slammed" was the entire historical budgeting process and implementation in Nigeria, not PMB's budget.

Sensationalist OP.

Dumb and chronic brain disordered wailers read the Title and wail... they don't even know that indirectly the prof said the past administration never implemented the budget.. they only read it and loot the money.. ekpa people

4 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Gbengais(m): 10:51am On Dec 23, 2015
fasho01:

I read the article and I know he made the statement even before the president presented the budget to the joint NASS.

I just don't see how implementation of this budget will be different from previous ones.

Bloody Ekpa.. unlike you foolish Hero Jona, Buhari is not a kleptomaniac
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 23, 2015
 Utomi spoke on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Tuesday morning, few hours before the presentation of the budget by President Muhammadu Buhari before a joint session of the National Assembly. He said the issue is not about making luxurious budget but argued that the major deterrent is always implementation.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Gbengais(m): 10:55am On Dec 23, 2015
jomonic:
Pat Utomi has proffered a valid critic; far better that PDP's. PDP just blew hot without communicating their position. However given Buhari's 5% and 95% mind-set this budget is doomed for failure. If 95% of the amount devoted for infrastructure development in this budget is spend according to the mind-set of this president then Nigeria is finished. Much of it will simply be embezzled by APC politicians from the North and there will be no body to question them because Buhari can never allow a free elections where Nigerians will vote their choice candidates. By the way the amount devoted to power. Is it for staff salaries or logistics or what. It will cost not less than $1 billion for 500MW of turbine station. Perhaps the basis of this budget is to have more of the power generated from private investment.

Embezzle what? see this ekpa.. guess u know who Is the minister of works and housing? And guess Uve read his CV... . You've not then stop opening your foolish and dirty mouth to spit trash
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2015
Gbengais:

Embezzle what? see this ekpa.. guess u know who Is the minister of works and housing? And guess Uve read his CV... . You've not then stop opening your foolish and dirty mouth to spit trash

I am sure you read my post with a prejudiced mind. I have utmost respect for Fashola. He is a bright mind and the type we need in any level of governance in Nigeria. Can you please compare Fashola with that individual at the pinnacle of power. Fashola will never treat his citizens on the basis of partisan affiliation not to mention declaring an intension to do so before an international audience. At least we can tell this from his political foot prints. My point is that statutorily Buhari is responsible for spending over 50% of the budget including the part of it financed with borrowed money. The constitution does not impose any restrictions on how and where he spends it. Therefore for a president with such depraved mind-set it should sink in your head that much of the money will be stolen by those sycophants singing lullabies of ''Buhari is great and incorruptible'' all around him. I know most of you APC supporters are on default response mode and don't really think through before responding to anything. But my advise is that you watch it because when the chips are down the entire country will bear responsibility for any missteps of today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by kaspoc: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2015
k
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 23, 2015
WaffenSS:

The prof made his comments before PMB even presented the budget, and all he "slammed" was the entire historical budgeting process and implementation in Nigeria, not PMB's budget.

Sensationalist OP.

Exactly. I always trust pat utomi to make common sense. Hes absolutely right. If multinational companies brought out budgets d way we do in Nigeria, they wld never have become successful. Theres just no real commitment.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Bevista: 11:11am On Dec 23, 2015
WaffenSS:

Sensationalist OP.
And the OP cleverly puts 2016 in the title to achieve his mischievous objective.

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by tosyne2much(m): 11:13am On Dec 23, 2015
The title does not compliment the professor's comment cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by braine(m): 11:13am On Dec 23, 2015
jomonic:
Pat Utomi has proffered a valid critic; far better that PDP's. PDP just blew hot without communicating their position. However given Buhari's 5% and 95% mind-set this budget is doomed for failure. If 95% of the amount devoted for infrastructure development in this budget is spend according to the mind-set of this president then Nigeria is finished. Much of it will simply be embezzled by APC politicians from the North and there will be no body to question them because Buhari can never allow a free elections where Nigerians will vote their choice candidates. By the way the amount devoted to power. Is it for staff salaries or logistics or what. It will cost not less than $1 billion for 500MW of turbine station. Perhaps the basis of this budget is to have more of the power generated from private investment.

The topic you're writing on is invalid. You just typed a whole lot of nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 23, 2015
Nigeria is the biggest joke ever so no surprises
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by coolexy2: 11:14am On Dec 23, 2015
Destined2win:
Buhari is just turning leadership into a joke
as you think...
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Tonyet1(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2015
I think the bulk of st.upidity goes to whoever the moderator is of this forum.

How could you send such a misleading topic to the frontpage for godsake. Ban me and you shall be banned from the circle of mannerism. I.diot! angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Segadem(m): 11:17am On Dec 23, 2015
WaffenSS:

Sensationalist OP.
yeah u are right, but the larger blame should go to mod who is lazy to do the proof reading before he send the news to front page.

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 23, 2015
chesterlee:
Buhari is a bigger Joke!!!

Don't know why it took people this long to realise..

OMGosh! What kinda picture is this? Chaai pls u need some heart cleansing. This kinda hatred is not good.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by proprince(m): 11:18am On Dec 23, 2015
Buhari is a joke.

APC is just one chance party

APC has been jokin since 1789 befor the comin if Christ kiss
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by adisarasaq(m): 11:18am On Dec 23, 2015
WaffenSS:

Sensationalist OP.

I know this will happen since i read it yesterday, they are always looking for way to castigate this government. The prof is talking about our budget system entirely not just this one.

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by prettyboi1(m): 11:20am On Dec 23, 2015
See the reason why the Senate was/is deliberating on that bill that would make journalists and media folks accountable to their write-ups? That way, people would try to do their work well. The article in this post is clearly misleading, I don't know if that was done intentionally or not.

What Pat Utomi said was clearly before the budget was presented. He was even talking about Buhari's budget presentation but budget presentation as a whole in Nigeria. See how the author of this article just lied against Pat Utomi.
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by bokohalal(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2015
Moderator of this thread is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by tafrica(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2015
Gbengais:

Why did you insult this man that made a logical comment with fact. Don't come on social media to spit tantrum, it may backfire on you.
Make your counter-point and go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by WaffenSS(m): 11:26am On Dec 23, 2015
adisarasaq:

I know this will happen since i read it yesterday, they are always looking for way to castigate this government. The prof is talking about our budget system entirely not just this one.

Exactly.

They were caught napping by PMB with an unprecedented budget the likes of which PDP had never seen during all the oil boom years.

They cannot fathom how PMB did it without much oil money.

They look at 6 trillion and wail that not a kobo will they benefit, as against when their rapacious appetite ate budget after budget.

They also sense their doom in this budget, as there's hope for Nigeria.

If 50% of this budget is implemented, it'd still be bettter than their misadventures.

Seeing APC has the financial possibilities of implementing some of the promised change, PDP is jittery.

If PMB implemented the budget and Nigerians are happy, through what cracks would PDP infuse their odorous propaganda?

Suddenly 2019 is looking not so good for them.

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by toprealman: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2015
They should please subtitle Buhari's broadcast. Can't follow his boring tirade.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 23, 2015
If the Budget is a joke why am I not Laughing? angry

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by dokunbam(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2015
GenOrumov:
Whoever the op is is also a joke.

Utomi said the budget process is a joke not Buhari is a joke.

He also appeared on the said programme before Buhari presented the budget to the Assembly.

Utomi's reason for saying the budget process was a joke is based on the non-implementation of parts of the budget caused by weak leadership.

Op needs to go back to school to upgrade his/her reading and comprehension skills.

Thanks for the analysis

So wailers will not read and jump into conclusion

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by okiezman(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2015
GenOrumov:
Whoever the op is is also a joke.

Utomi said the budget process is a joke not Buhari is a joke.

He also appeared on the said programme before Buhari presented the budget to the Assembly.

Utomi's reason for saying the budget process was a joke is based on the non-implementation of parts of the budget caused by weak leadership.

Op needs to go back to school to upgrade his/her reading and comprehension skills.

Why attack the op? Is he the writer?
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by delta234: 11:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Pat, ntoor gi there. Mumu
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Kingbilo(m): 11:30am On Dec 23, 2015
Lol.

It's been obvious for a while. There is no basis behind the numbers. People just make rough estimates based on last year and capital projects which have the numbers already written down.. No research into maintenance or even implementation of fiscal policies via the budget to stimulate the economy.. They have no ideaidea what the far reaching implications are of spending too much or too little in certain areas. No communication between relevant sectors.
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by Mobidot(m): 11:30am On Dec 23, 2015
Why do people like giving a misleading headlines? The content of this man submission is quite different from the headline given by the op. Whatever your intention is, you have actually gone too far with this misleading headline.
Re: Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke' by k1centy: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2015
Ben Murray Bruce speaks:
"When electricity improved in June it wasn't Jonathan's fault but when there's fuel scarcity in December it's his fault"
He is not done yet. Hear the senator as he continues:
I read all the stories about me not smiling in photos, but how can I be smiling when my people sleep in fuel stations and a dollar is ₦270?
How ridiculous! Are we going to be told Jonathan is responsible for harmattan and my neighbor's wife's miscarriage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CJN Ariwoola Bows & Greets Ganduje, The APC Chairman / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Senator Danjuma Laah Sleeping On Duty (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.