Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' (32706 Views)

How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon — Olakunle Taiwo,tribune Reporter Who / Face of SACKED, Nigerian Tribune Editor Who Hoaxed Fake Prof Sagay Interview / Tribune Sacks Reporter Who Fabricated Sagay's Interview (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' by Alashi(m): 12:19am On Dec 24, 2015
Commot for road make I talk to ya wife. "Madam you just married an ediot"

3 Likes

Re: Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' by Objectives: 2:36am On Dec 24, 2015
Forwetinnah:

...so wheres your claim that "he only jumped on the opportunity to show his hatred for this administration"?

Forwetinnah:
I SAID IT!! APC FRAAAAAUD!! THEY TALK AND
DISCREDIT.

Lie Mohammed says 1 thing.Booooohari discredits the next day. Adesina Acknowledges an
information...Booooohari denies it the next
minute

Bunch of hypocritical phoooools running this
country down the pit of hell. May Volcanic Lava
pour on their heads!!

Re: Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' by chinchum(m): 4:59am On Dec 24, 2015
His intelligence needs to be called to question, his defence made it worse.
For over a year, he was deceived by an impostor, haba, he is either a fool or a tool.
Re: Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' by darlenese(f): 6:45am On Dec 24, 2015
Cheap lies
My four yr old son won't even believe,

This guy has being settled for life!
Even if he doesn't work, he will never kw lack.

Guy enjoy ur money, forget all this gist

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' by ozo13(m): 8:46am On Dec 24, 2015
ddippset:
I think the journalist is overzealous, over ambitious and 'over stup1d' you interviewed a man as renowned and revered as professor sagay on the phone and you never thought it wise to see him in person to crosscheck, fine. Then the person on the phone who is supposed to be very close to president Buhari started speaking ill of buhari and against buhari still it didn't occur to you to verify this person. Your nostrils must be too tiny not to smell a rat at that point! It's just like interviewing someone on the phone who claims to be Rotimi amaechi and he's critisizing buhari. Wouldn't you meet him in person to be sure of what your ears are hearing? Instead you ran off to publish. I feel sad and Sorry for the repórter. It's either he didn't fully realize the consequences of his actions or he's dumb.
nice one bro.overzealousness na em fall d guy hand.pele Mr editor.
Re: Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' by Chikerenwa: 10:56am On Dec 24, 2015
I sympathize with the reporter. A reporter should have an eye for detail and be cautious in his work. But because of the short time often given to reporters to scat for a news item many fail to apply the rule. Professor Sagay is an old Nigerian legal expert whose voice sound is easily sourced. It would mean that Olakunle didn't know the man, had never heard about him or seen him in the television making comments on national issues. This is where news researching comes in. The impostor used his little knowledge of the Nigerian politico-cultural terrain- everybody wants to be heard.

The first lead that would tell Olakunle that he was being scammed was his "Prof Itse Sagay" interviewee giving him information through Whatsapp and text. His personal assistant may do that. No Nigerian professor and academic living here will have time for that. "Prof Sagay" gave him enough signs to doubt his character, but because of his ambitiousness and overzealous quest to impress his political section editor, the reporter sacrificed his art.

I didn't study mass communication or journalism, but there is "follow-up" in journalism. This is why there should be balance to reporting news. When a news item is off the balance, a source makes negative comments about his benefactor, the reporter should balance the news by sourcing the viewpoint of another individual who works in the same establishment with the first interviewee. The absence of this may largely account for why journalists in Nigeria adopt "fabrication" and "forcing of news into ones mouth." Prof Itse Sagay has recanted the news.

It is most regrettable.
Re: Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' by Ndolarr: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
Tribune newspaper has become a huge disappointment and an embarrassment! The current management of the newspaper lack integrity. They are shamefully pro Jonathan and must have been receiving 'settlements in foreign and local currency! The silly journalist that conducted the fake, ungodly and quack interview must have been settled as I see no remorse in his submission. His satanic deed reminds me of what someone once told me about a top editor of Tribune who would sit in the comfort of his home to concoct fake news and publish same for financial reward. Tribune needs a total cleanup. Its stable stinks and is reeking with pungent corruption! Tribune, oh my once beloved Tribune, a shining legacy of Papa Awolowo being ridiculed by corrupted journalists!
Re: Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' by eDoc: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
This is the kind of confession u hear in a fake pastor's crusade.
I was on the way to kill pastor. Then i say a light and d light was shinning and i fell and i stood up and i enter the church and fire was burning me and and ........

Mr journalist tell us the truth. This confession get K' Leg

You are the baddest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' by Oche211(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
mykl01:

Na roasted rat be that my brother grin smiley
na so bro, bt d smell of this rat no dey sweet belle at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sylva Went Clubbing, Drinking After Loss At Bayelsa Polls / Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest / #BuhariTrain In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.