Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Unilag 2016 thread - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2016 thread (233006 Views)

Unilag 2016/2017 Admission Cutoff Marks Into All Courses / Unilag 2016 Aspirants Awaiting Neco SSCE Results Let's Meet / UNILAG 2016 Post-utme Screening Date Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by pweetyoge(f): 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Tnk u so much dear..u are far too kind. I hope i am nt bugging u tho,i want to know d cut off mark for it n if u av any study guide for me. Finally once i m done with the registrations,do i need to submit any copy to d above dept. God bless
Mobebi:

Most students in my class have B.A Philosophy... You are on the right track if you have B.A philosophy for Int'l Law & Diplomacy..

You don't have to do PGD... Not needed even for Diplomacy & strategic Studies. Any one you want to settle for, Your are on the right track with your B.A Philosophy.

One thing you should know is that, Philosophy and Law go hand in hand. One needs the other. Most Philosophers of those days which you studied in your undergraduate years were lawyers.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
pweetyoge:
Tnk u so much dear..u are far too kind. I hope i am nt bugging u tho,i want to know d cut off mark for it n if u av any study guide for me. Finally once i m done with the registrations,do i need to submit any copy to d above dept. God bless

When done with registration, you don't need to submit any copy to the department, if you try that, some department knowing fully well that u don't need to submit a copy with them, will end up fleecing some money from you for no reason. Finish up with the internet and start reading to prepare fore the exam. If u r going in for international law $ Diplomacy, please read about Nigerian Politics from independence, Number of nations in Africa, United nations and other organisations, current affairs, Non alignment movement, ECOWAS court, where it is located, ICJ, Amalgamation of Nigeria, etc... Its not difficult. Most questions are repeated.

Something you should know is that cut of marks is different from one course to another. It depends on the number of applicants. Last year i know of someone who scored 40% and was given the admission, this same person told me that he wrote a year earlier and scored 55% but wasn't given the admission. Just read to pass very well.... I don't know that for Diplomacy $ Strategic Studies.

If you start preparing from now, and all seriousness, I am 100% convinced you will make it.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
unibadan:
Hello all,

Does Unilag Postgraduate accept degree from Lead City University, Ibadan?

Thank you.

A lady in my class with B.Sc in International Relations finished from Lead City University. Lead City is an approved school so it is very much recognized all over Nigeria... so no stress. go ahead and apply.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by odimbannamdi(m): 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
Mobebi:

When done with registration, you don't need to submit any copy to the department, if you try that, some department knowing fully well that u don't need to submit a copy with them, will end up fleecing some money from you for no reason. Finish up with the internet and start reading to prepare fore the exam. If u r going in for international law $ Diplomacy, please read about Nigerian Politics from independence, Number of nations in Africa, United nations and other organisations, current affairs, Non alignment movement, ECOWAS court, where it is located, ICJ etc... Its not difficult.

Something you should know is that cut of marks is different from one course to another. It depends on the number of applicants. Last year i know of someone who scored 40% and was given the admission, this same person told me that he wrote a year earlier and scored 55% but wasn't given the admission. Just read to pass very well.... I don't know that for Diplomacy $ Strategic Studies.

If you start preparing from now, and all seriousness, I am 100% convinced you will make it.

I have really learnt a lot from your contributions. This year will be my second year of application. I applied last year for Public health (General Option), scored 53 but was denied admission. While somebody else score 47 and was given the admission.

Considering i have a biological background (B.Sc Microbiology) with very little experience, i suspect Public Health was too competitive for me, hence my being denied admission.

SO, this year, i have resolved to just face my course (M.Sc Medical Microbiology and Parasitology) so that, apart from my love for the course, my chances of admission will be increased.

What do you think, bro?
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by pweetyoge(f): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
Tnk u once again..i appreciate
Mobebi:

When done with registration, you don't need to submit any copy to the department, if you try that, some department knowing fully well that u don't need to submit a copy with them, will end up fleecing some money from you for no reason. Finish up with the internet and start reading to prepare fore the exam. If u r going in for international law $ Diplomacy, please read about Nigerian Politics from independence, Number of nations in Africa, United nations and other organisations, current affairs, Non alignment movement, ECOWAS court, where it is located, ICJ, Amalgamation of Nigeria, etc... Its not difficult. Most questions are repeated.

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
odimbannamdi:

I have really learnt a lot from your contributions. This year will be my second year of application. I applied last year for Public health (General Option), scored 53 but was denied admission. While somebody else score 47 and was given the admission.

Considering i have a biological background (B.Sc Microbiology) with very little experience, i suspect Public Health was too competitive for me, hence my being denied admission.

SO, this year, i have resolved to just face my course (M.Sc Medical Microbiology and Parasitology) so that, apart from my love for the course, my chances of admission will be increased.

What do you think, bro?

You are on the right track. Just go in for the Medical Microbiology and Parasitology. But be sure you are going in for it because you need it and its what you want.

Last year, Public Health and Mass Communication that I used to think is one of the ordinary courses was a Hot cake and still a very hot cake in Unilag. in fact, anyone going in for it that I know, I will advise him or her not to leave any stone unturned. 22,500 is a big money for anyone to loose in Nigeria of today. Even economics is so competitive especially full time program.

But as I said, even if you are going in for common entrance exam, please start to prepare now. Pls, even with your background in Microbiology, try and put in your very best in terms of preparation.

All the best.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by odimbannamdi(m): 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
Mobebi:

You are on the right track. Just go in for the Medical Microbiology and Parasitology. But be sure you are going in for it because you need it and its what you want.

Last year, Public Health and Mass Communication that I used to think is one of the ordinary courses was a Hot cake and still a very hot cake in Unilag. in fact, anyone going in for it that I know, I will advise him or her not to leave any stone unturned. 22,500 is a big money for anyone to loose in Nigeria of today. Even economics is so competitive especially full time program.

But as I said, even if you are going in for common entrance exam, please start to prepare now. Pls, even with your background in Microbiology, try and put in your very best in terms of preparation.

All the best.

Thanks again for your contribution.

One other thing: Last year, entance exams started in the first week of October. Do you think it will be earlier this year??
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
pweetyoge:
Tnk u once again..i appreciate

Appreciation belongs to God.... you r welcome.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Thanks again for your contribution.

One other thing: Last year, entance exams started in the first week of October. Do you think it will be earlier this year??

That I can't say cos I know it depends on the time frame given to sell the forms and if the number of applicants is much, they may stop the sale without giving more or additional week for it. but if the number is below their projected number to buy the forms, more time will be given to extend the sale of forms so more applicants can buy, which is normally two weeks additional time.

Although Unilag is doing its best to get back in line with the September date of resumption which is normally the beginning of academic calendar of schools all over the world.

But, qualifying exams should be through before second/third week of October.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by missmalachi: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
So i finally paid 1k to change my course since unilag decided to make b.sc accounting no longer eligible for m.sc finance.
Pls do anyone have an idea of d fee for MRM (masters in risk management ).

Secondly, which is better for an accountant btw MDF (masters in development finance ) or MRM

Cc kalan
Mobebi
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by loyinks(f): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
Good day all. I will like to enroll for a masters degree in IRPM or employment and labour law. My fear is the i studied economics education. i do not know if i will eligible straight up or will be asked to do a Postgraduate course first. please i need an advice from someone.Also to know if the form is on sale now.

thanks.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by unibadan(m): 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
Mobebi:

A lady in my class with B.Sc in International Relations finished from Lead City University. Lead City is an approved school so it is very much recognized all over Nigeria... so no stress. go ahead and apply.

Thank you.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
loyinks:
Good day all. I will like to enroll for a masters degree in IRPM or employment and labour law. My fear is the i studied economics education. i do not know if i will eligible straight up or will be asked to do a Postgraduate course first. please i need an advice from someone.Also to know if the form is on sale now.

thanks.

I think You will be required to go for PGD... But what I always tell people is to take the advises here and also GO THE DEPARTMENT and inquire your eligibility.

Thank you.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
missmalachi:
So i finally paid 1k to change my course since unilag decided to make b.sc accounting no longer eligible for m.sc finance.
Pls do anyone have an idea of d fee for MRM (masters in risk management ).

Secondly, which is better for an accountant btw MDF (masters in development finance ) or MRM

Cc kalan
Mobebi

Masters in Development Finance MDF, is a professional course and its for 2 years.
With Accounting you can read MDF in Unilag

Unilag offers Masters in Risk Management & Insurance and the duration is one year.

I don't know which is better for an accountant. Just look at your future and bring into everything what you desire and which of them can lead you to what you want in life. They are both great courses. Maybe Kalan can help put in more light to this.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by loyinks(f): 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
ok thanks. Anybody with another advice please . i checked the courses under the pgd and the is nothing relating to IRPm or relating to employment and labour law studies.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hi @Kalan
Please, i will like to ask 2 question and will appreciate your prompt response. I have plans to pursue a msc. biochem @ unilag.
First, is the entrance exam based on course content (biochemistry) or general test (like math, biology, chemistry etc.)
Also, kindly avail me with possible Hot combo options

Thank you

Best Regards
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Donvitalis(m): 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
Mobebi:

Bro, you can go ahead for IRPM.. when applying, make sure you also scan and add your cipm certification along with your bsc and nysc certificates... but even without adding your cipm certification, you can still apply for IRPM with your B.A in history.

Thank you.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by ebunoluwa07: 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
Good day, please few days ago, I asked a question here and I haven't gotten any response. I don't hv my b.sc certificate yet as my school says its not ready. What do I do? I'm applying for m.sc in mass communication. Please help me.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 6:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
ebunoluwa07:
Good day, please few days ago, I asked a question here and I haven't gotten any response. I don't hv my b.sc certificate yet as my school says its not ready. What do I do? I'm applying for m.sc in mass communication. Please help me.

If you have your statement of result, go ahead and apply for the postgraduate program. Before the exam or immediately after the exam, go to your school and apply for your transcript to be sent to School of postgraduate, Unilag.

I used my transcript and my statement of result for my admission as my school was yet to give my certificate, which up till now I haven't gotten it from my school.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by eyeview: 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Mobebi:

If you have your statement of result, go ahead and apply for the postgraduate program. Before the exam or immediately after the exam, go to your school and apply for your transcript to be sent to School of postgraduate, Unilag.

I used my transcript and my statement of result for my admission as my school was yet to give my certificate, which up till now I haven't gotten it from my school.

I have a question based on this response. Can one go to his school to apply that his transcript be sent to Unilag before the exam?
I thought the transcript can only be demanded for after the candidate had written the exam and was successful.
At what point can the transcript be sent? I ask cos I will be travelling soon to the city where I did my bsc and I didn't deem it fit to visit and apply since I haven't even written the test.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
eyeview:

I have a question based on this response. Can one go to his school to apply that his transcript be sent to Unilag before the exam?
I thought the transcript can only be demanded for after the candidate had written the exam and was successful.
At what point can the transcript be sent? I ask cos I will be travelling soon to the city where I did my bsc and I didn't deem it fit to visit and apply since I haven't even written the test.

Bro, in 2013, my friend applied for his transcript from the school we finished from, and guess what? while he applied for it in July even before the exam, the transcript got to Unilag by January 2014. luckily for him, admission process/registration started in February/March of 2014. Now if I may ask, had it been he applied by September after the entrance exam, when would they have received it at Unilag? probably after registration process has ended.

This is Nigeria and let's say the truth, we don't have an effective administrative system. Don't take chances pls. If you have the opportunity of going now to do it, go and do it. if you want to do later after the exam, no problem and you are sure the administrative system of your former school is very effective, you can go after the exam.. If you go now, after the exam and you are successful ( which I pray you will), You can just go later to the school of postgraduate and ask if your transcript has arrived.

If you will go now, its OK... but if you will go later, do it immediately after the exam.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by eyeview: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
Mobebi:

Bro, in 2013, my friend applied for his transcript from the school we finished from, and guess what? while he applied for it in July even before the exam, the transcript got to Unilag by January 2014. luckily for him, admission process/registration started in February/March of 2014. Now if I may ask, had it been he applied by September after the entrance exam, when would they have received it at Unilag? probably after registration process has ended.

This is Nigeria and let's say the truth, we don't have an effective administrative system. Don't take chances pls. If you have the opportunity of going now to do it, go and do it. if you want to do later after the exam, no problem and you are sure the administrative system of your former school is very effective, you can go after the exam.. If you go now, after the exam and you are successful ( which I pray you will), You can just go later to the school of postgraduate and ask if your transcript has arrived.

If you will go now, its OK... but if you will go later, do it immediately after the exam.
Thank you very much. I actually did my bsc almost 15years ago.
Is it true that if I present my certificate I don't need the transcript or is the transcript a compulsary requirement?
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by paradigm001: 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hello @Mobebi, pls assist me. I'm just about to start my application for MSc Public health online, but i cant find it in the list of departments. What should i do please?
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
eyeview:

Thank you very much. I actually did my bsc almost 15years ago.
Is it true that if I present my certificate I don't need the transcript or is the transcript a compulsary requirement?

Bro, this is how it works. If you have your Certificate, then you don't need to apply with your statement of result and transcript. But if you don't have your certificate, then you will apply with your statement of result.. and when your name comes out as among those admitted, then you will present your statement of result and your transcript.

When your have been given admission, and your certificate isn't wit you, you will do your registration with your statement of result and your transcript which by then must have reached Unilag. There is a book where all transcript sent to Unilag is recorded, so you will just go there and check the list.

To your question now, If you present your certificate, You DON'T need transcript. You also don't need statement of result. Your certificate is the main thing.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
paradigm001:
Hello @Mobebi, pls assist me. I'm just about to start my application for MSc Public health online, but i cant find it in the list of departments. What should i do please?

Public health is a professional course under Community Health. Please, check well. it should be there.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by clans(f): 12:02am On Jul 14, 2016
pweetyoge:
Don't know about your department. But I submitted my print out to my department where I was asked to write down my name on a list with other names. Even the people I met while looking for PQ asked me to submit to the department. Maybe you should verify
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Falibuks: 1:01am On Jul 14, 2016
I applied for msc biochemistry... Pls add me to d whatsapp grp..08130621371
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by nkwachiabel(m): 6:23am On Jul 14, 2016
nkwachiabel:
Hi. Pls I wan2 confirm. I'm yet to get my NYSC exemption certificate, but I have a temporary exemption certificate from my school. Can I use that?

Cc Mobebi
Cc Kalan
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 14, 2016
Graciaz:

Hi @Kalan
Please, i will like to ask 2 question and will appreciate your prompt response. I have plans to pursue a msc. biochem @ unilag.
First, is the entrance exam based on course content (biochemistry) or general test (like math, biology, chemistry etc.)
Also, kindly avail me with possible Hot combo options

Thank you

Best Regards
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Doublelady(f): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2016
Please does unilag offers masters in human resources management
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2016
[quote author=nkwachiabel post=47520184][/quote]

Bro, I don't know about this... But could you go to the school of postgraduate and confirm?
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by babajeje123(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2016
ebereruhina:
HI anyone for msc in computer science or information technology
Yes o, though yet to buy the form. Do you know when the time for lectures for computer sci? I want to do full time so I can proceed for phd but my work. Do you know if the classes are in the evenings?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (90) (Reply)

Unilag 2017 Thread / Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread / Nigerian Defence Academy : Apply For Addmission Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.