Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Unilag 2016 thread - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2016 thread (232989 Views)

Unilag 2016/2017 Admission Cutoff Marks Into All Courses / Unilag 2016 Aspirants Awaiting Neco SSCE Results Let's Meet / UNILAG 2016 Post-utme Screening Date Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by son4century(m): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hi kalan, what other postgraduate courses can I apply for with an HND in business administration

If I am to do postgraduate diploma in bus. Admin, what is the duration and how much is tuition fees?
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by phamarsenal: 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
pls does any one have 2014 and 2015 MSc biochemistry questions
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by awosod(m): 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
beeolhar:
helo mr kalan,i chose sociology and i want to know d nature of exam to prepare for, CBT or theory,thanks.
I want to apply for MSc. Sociology as well. I want to ask you some things since you have applied. Kindly add me on whatsapp 07032176426.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by hlord: 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
please who has an idea if someone with b. Tech project management technology can apply for unilag M.Sc Construction Management
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
son4century:
Hi kalan, what other postgraduate courses can I apply for with an HND in business administration

If I am to do postgraduate diploma in bus. Admin, what is the duration and how much is tuition fees?

MBA
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Awarri: 10:24am On Jul 18, 2016
Hi, I have a bachelors deg in anatomy but 5yra work experience in administration. With d vast requirements for MBA I decided to opt for MPA / MPIA for PT Can u explain the diff btw both.

Also how much is the fees for MPA been a 4 semesters prog and if I want to do MBA how much is the tuition for PT.

I await your advise
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Doublelady(f): 10:57am On Jul 18, 2016
To apply for IRPM I was told I need to submit SHRM certificate but I have HRM pls is it d same thing
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2016
Awarri:
Hi, I have a bachelors deg in anatomy but 5yra work experience in administration. With d vast requirements for MBA I decided to opt for MPA / MPIA for PT Can u explain the diff btw both.

Also how much is the fees for MPA been a 4 semesters prog and if I want to do MBA how much is the tuition for PT.

I await your advise

Bro, my advice for you is this... From all Indications you are not toiling the field which you graduated from, which to me is good- diversification.

Since you have 5 years work experience in the field of administration already, choose between MPA and MBA. Forget MPIA, reason because you are already in the field of administration which also includes Human resources.

You don't need MPIA at all. You totally qualify for MBA full time. The part time MBA has some clauses which I don't know if you qualify especially the compulsory three years in a managerial level.

So choose between MBA full time and MPA. But if you are fully employed then please go for MPA.

Part time MBA is almost 450k ( I am not sure though).
MPA is about 112k or less. If its 112k, then it means you will pay 224k for the two years or less.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Doublelady(f): 11:55am On Jul 18, 2016
Please I need urgent reply. What should I select for the nysc. I will be finishing October
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by chadbaby: 11:56am On Jul 18, 2016
We are willing to support your existing registered businesses financially by granting you hitch free loans. We give loans to registered businesses that have been in operation for at least one year in the Trading, Agriculture, health, Education( Schools), construction and service industry in Lagos and Osun State. You can also refer friends and families residing in these areas who need loans to expand their registered business to us.

We approve Loan Facilities within the range of N500,000- N10,000, 000 with low interest rate. Repayment of Principal and Interest is spread on a monthly basis for other businesses and quarterly basis (every 3 months) for schools. The loan is also renewable depending on how well you perform in your monthly repayment.

For further enquiries, email or call me for clarification.

c.adeoye@fragginvest.com
Thank you
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 11:56am On Jul 18, 2016
Awarri:

I await your advise

This link should help you all trying to know the amount for fees....

https://universityinfo.com.ng/2016/01/03/tuition-compulsory-fees-for-all-postgraduate-programmes-in-unilag/

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 11:59am On Jul 18, 2016
Doublelady:
Please I need urgent reply. What should I select for the nysc. I will be finishing October

Just select completed... By the time the admission process would be going on, your nysc certificate would be in your hands... But when selecting, don't put in your NysC number. Be smart about it pls.

So many people last year applied before getting their certificates and when it was time for screening, their certificates where already in their hands.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Doublelady(f): 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=Mobebi post=47659707]

Just select completed... But the time the admission process would be going on, your nyec certificate would be in your hands... But when selection, don't put in your NysC number. Be smart about it pls.

So many people last year applied before getting their certificates and when it was time for screening, their certificates where already in their hands.[/quote
OK. Thanks
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
mzdeea:

hello @Mobebi, plss wanna ask if yu av any idea of the tuition fee for Msc. Computer Science and the duration. 2.) Wat type of questions re we to xpect for the entrance exams. Thanks nd God bless.

M.Sc Computer Science is one year.

For the fees, kindly Click this link...

https://universityinfo.com.ng/2016/01/03/tuition-compulsory-fees-for-all-postgraduate-programmes-in-unilag/
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by pianogirl(f): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hi Kalan. Pls I want to know the possible combos for someone with a B.Sc in Computer Science. Thanks!
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by MrTeeo: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hi Kalan, Just read through all the 18 pages. Nice work, I have an HND in Electrical Electronics Engineerin with Upper Credit. What are my chances of getting admitted for a PGD. Please, I need an urgent answer. Thanks
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by penitential(m): 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hello everyone, please am new on this thread and will like every contributions to my questions
i have a HND certificate inn civil engineering with C.G.P.A. of 2.94, please i will need advises as to my chances of getting admission into post graduate study in unilag. thanks.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Ayoola171(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
Following with keen interest, saying thanks & welldone to the OP.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Doublelady(f): 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Does nysc counts has employment history
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by son4century(m): 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mobebi:

MBA
OK... Thanks
No need for PGD?
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Ali929(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mobebi:

MBA

Hi mobebi.. Advice needed urgently for a friend.
She studied Zoology and graduated with 3.30 GPA but currently works. She wants to go for a PT program but the courses she prefers (Parasitology & Bioinformatics, Medical parasitology and Environ toxicology & pollutn managemt) only have FT option.

- Do you know if the class for these courses are flexible, one she can do without resigning from work?
Kalan said Environ toxicology classes holds on Saturdays which is fine but someone who currently studies d course said its crap but didn't give details. Pls do u have an idea on how the course is like?

-The professional masters in environmental management (PT) is it different from the academic masters?

Pls kindly reply asap. Thanks
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Ben6ene: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
phamarsenal:
pls does any one have 2014 and 2015 MSc biochemistry questions
I also applied for M.Sc in Bch, add me on whatsapp and let's talk. 07066963388
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Ben6ene: 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
I have applied for M.Sc in Biochemistry in Unilag! There is a whatsapp group only for M.Sc in Biochemistry. Add me on whatsapp and I will add u to the group. if you have issues they can be addressed there. 07066963388. that's my number.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by 2el(m): 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
How many semester is political science full-time and what's the duration of course ?

Mobebi
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
son4century:

OK... Thanks
No need for PGD?
No need for PGD....
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
2el:
How many semester is political science full-time and what's the duration of course ?

Mobebi

At least 18 months if you have B.Sc in Political Science.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ali929:

Hi mobebi.. Advice needed urgently for a friend.
She studied Zoology and graduated with 3.30 GPA but currently works. She wants to go for a PT program but the courses she prefers (Parasitology & Bioinformatics, Medical parasitology and Environ toxicology & pollutn managemt) only have FT option.

- Do you know if the class for these courses are flexible, one she can do without resigning from work?
Kalan said Environ toxicology classes holds on Saturdays which is fine but someone who currently studies d course said its crap but didn't give details. Pls do u have an idea on how the course is like?

-The professional masters in environmental management (PT) is it different from the academic masters?

Pls kindly reply asap. Thanks

The professional course isn't different from the academic only that with a professional course she won't go further for PhD as I said on the last page and the lectures would be in the evenings. But its content and quality are same thing including the certificate.

To answer your question therefore, the program in full time is not flexible at all for a someone who is already working except her work place has lots of time where one can play with. Please, don't get me wrong here, I have a friend who is studying Computer science full time and also working. He is able to do it because of the relationship he has with his boss who encouraged him to mix it with his job, but how many bosses would allow that? So if her office can allow her go for full time and there won't be any issue, good then..

Also, I don't have idea about the the course Environmental Toxicology.

With this, if she would want to still go further with her application, let her settle for the Environmental Management.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Ali929(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mobebi:

The professional course isn't different from the academic only that with a professional course she won't go further for PhD as I said on the last page and the lectures would be in the evenings. But its content and quality are same thing including the certificate.

To answer your question therefore, the program in full time is not flexible at all for a someone who is already working except her work place has lots of time where one can play with. Please, don't get me wrong here, I have a friend who is studying Computer science full time and also working. He is able to do it because of the relationship he has with his boss who encouraged him to mix it with his job, but how many bosses would allow that? So if her office can allow her go for full time and there won't be any issue, good then..

Also, I don't have idea about the the course Environmental Toxicology.

With this, if she would want to still go further with her application, let her settle for the Environmental Management.

Thank you bro, really appreciate ur prompt response. I believe the environmental management is a 2yrs course. Pls the evenings u are talking about is it weekends or weekdays & do u have any idea on the time?
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ali929:

Thank you bro, really appreciate ur prompt response. I believe the environmental management is a 2yrs course. Pls the evenings u are talking about is it weekends or weekdays & do u have any idea on the time?

You are welcome..

The least part time program is one year and six months, of which by the time you will finally finish it would have amounted to 2 years.

But 99% of part time programs are 2 years duration.

I am also currently running a part time program and its a 2 year duration.

Lectures are from mostly 5pm of everyday or three times a week, or otherwise depending on the your timetable.

last semester i did three courses, this semester i am doing 5 courses, meaning i will go for lectures everyday in the evenings.

Finally, depending on your timetable, Weekend classes are feasible but most part time programs run during the week.Its part time, so expect any day for lecture.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by 2el(m): 10:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mobebi:

At least 18 months if you have B.Sc in Political Science.

I tat MSC full time program are 12month....

how many semester ??
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Mobebi(m): 1:07am On Jul 19, 2016
2el:

I tat MSC full time program are 12month....

how many semester ??

M.Sc full time is between 1 year... Most are 1 year duration. While Some are 1 and half I.e, 3 semesters.

But professional Masters program are 2 years. And in the abridged prospectus, you will see where it is written ''a minimum of at least 4 semesters''... Meaning if you can finish your program and you don't have any reason to write a carry over course, you will finish within the required duration..

So for this, the seriousness of the student matters as well.

But department of Political Science granting M.Sc in Political Science has a duration of 2 years. I don't know why.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by 2el(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2016
Mobebi:

M.Sc full time is between 1 year... Most are 1 year duration. While Some are 1 and half I.e, 3 semesters.

But professional Masters program are 2 years. And in the abridged prospectus, you will see where it is written ''a minimum of at least 4 semesters''... Meaning if you can finish your program and you don't have any reason to write a carry over course, you will finish within the required duration..

So for this, the seriousness of the student matters as well.

But department of Political Science granting M.Sc in Political Science has a duration of 2 years. I don't know why.

is drr any other Msc full time course a graduate of public administration can apply for DAT is 12month or 2 semester?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (90) (Reply)

Unilag 2017 Thread / Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread / Nigerian Defence Academy : Apply For Addmission Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.