Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

Mosop Will Fight Shell Despite $15.5 Million Settlement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mosop Will Fight Shell Despite $15.5 Million Settlement (662 Views)

Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain / APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. / We Will Fight Boko Haram With The Law - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mosop Will Fight Shell Despite $15.5 Million Settlement by Edoji: 6:58pm On Jun 09, 2009
"We welcome the $15.5 million compensation for the illegal killings of Ken Saro-Wiwa and the other eight Ogoni leaders, But Shell has to address the issue of environmental pollution, neglect and degradation in Ogoniland. Shell has inflicted much sufferings on the Ogoni people through its operations. As farmers and fishermen we have been deprived of our means of livelihood through the pollution of our lands. This is blood money"

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=938:mosop-to-pile-pressure-on-shell-despite-155-million-settlement&catid=48:world-news&Itemid=69
Re: Mosop Will Fight Shell Despite $15.5 Million Settlement by ElRazur: 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2009
Yeah I would fight them too, after all it aint coming to me but the Family of Ken. grin
Re: Mosop Will Fight Shell Despite $15.5 Million Settlement by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2009
shell must accept the wrong doings they have commited against the people of ogoni before any genuine reconcilliation can take place. angry
Re: Mosop Will Fight Shell Despite $15.5 Million Settlement by texazzpete(m): 9:40am On Jun 10, 2009
lol. Blood money consumed by ALL Nigerians.
Most people here have their salaries paid from proceeds from Nigeria's oil revenues. We all consume the so-called blood money.
Re: Mosop Will Fight Shell Despite $15.5 Million Settlement by Ibime(m): 9:57am On Jun 10, 2009
texazzpete:

lol. Blood money consumed by ALL Nigerians.
Most people here have their salaries paid from proceeds from Nigeria's oil revenues. We all consume the so-called blood money.

I wonder when you will learn to shut the hell up on issues such as this. If no be blood money then wetin e be? Abi because you work for oil coy, you just close eye dey collect?

As I have said on the other thread, it is good that the families of the MOSSOP 8 have been recompensed for the slaughter of their sons. Now, I want to see the families of the hundreds of Ogoni villagers who were slaughtered in 1993 by the Nigerian Army, using Chevron gunboats and helicopters provided by Shell also recompensed. How can a foreign coy sponsor (or at the very least condone) the slaughter of Nigerian citizens. This is our Nigeria! Not some foreigners plaything.

(1) (Reply)

Time To Revive Nnpc And Phcn / Why Anti-graft Battle Failed, By Icpc Chief / Danger Of Involuntary Disclosure Of Important Personal Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.