Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

I Have No Confidence In This Court - Nnamdi Kanu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Confidence In This Court - Nnamdi Kanu. (744 Views)

Fayose Thanks Senate For Passing No Confidence Vote Against Buhari. / Breaking News: Justice Tsoho Absent In Court, Nnamdi Kanu Case Postponed / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Toady: ''I Have No Confidence In This Court'' (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Have No Confidence In This Court - Nnamdi Kanu. by Good2love(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
There was show at a Federal High Court in Abuja today, December 23, when Nnamdi Kanu, the executive of Radio Biafra and a pioneer of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) made a complaint in court.

On calling the case, the court agent had asked the blamed individual, Kanu, nearby three others, on the off chance that they comprehend English, a strategy typically done before hearings.

In any case, rather than noting the representative's inquiry, Kanu started by saying he has a complaint to make. His guidance, Vincent Obetta, in his recommendation asked his customer to sit tight for the case to be completely specified before any further protest.

After the agent was finished with calling of the case and the denounced individual, the judge, A. R. Mohammed, said: "It will regard acknowledge and think seriously about the protest raised by the respondent."

At the judge's authorization, Nnamdi Kanu ran further with his complaint.

He said: "Much thanks my lordship, however my protest is that I won't get a reasonable trial under the steady gaze of this court. The data I got is that I won't get a reasonable trial under the steady gaze of this court.

"I won't give up the due procedure of law due to expedient court process over the standard of normal procedure on the holy place of fast discharge. At the end of the day, I would preferably stay in confinement than subject myself to a trial that I know sums to depravity of equity.

"Your lordship, past court decisions have been given by courts of able ward in this nation, Nigeria which were not completed by the DSS."

The arraigning counsel, Mohammed Diri, having heard the protests of the respondent said: "In the first place, he questions trial by your lordship in light of the fact that he trusts he is not going to get reasonable trail. Two, he said, the trial before your lordship will sum to corruption of equity.

"He said the guideline of the law is clear and that the litigant might question his trial whenever.

"Your lordship before the litigant can question his trial, he needs to record an application protesting his trial under the steady gaze of this court."

He said in that application the litigant is required to show uncommon proofs why he ought not be attempted by a specific court.

Diri said this will empower the court and the prosecutors to appropriately answer to the litigant.

"Also, this has not been done for this situation," he included.

Citing segment 396 sub area of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, Diri said a complaint trial may be raised by the respondent strictly when the supplication of the litigant is taken, however not some time recently.

Diri said: "My lordship, what the litigant simply did is putting the truck under the watchful eye of the court."

He assist encouraged the court to overrule the protest of the first respondent and request that the charges recorded by the indictment in the witness of the court be perused to the three litigants with the end goal of taking their supplication.

In his answer, the guarding counsel said the contention by Diri is just a push to cut his customer's protest, including that he is in coupled with the complaint made by Kanu.

"We trust that whatever leaves this court ought to be equity for the three gatherings – the state, the court and the charged persons," Obetta said.

Be that as it may, in his decision, Mohammed said he doesn't se anything incorrectly in the respondent who he characterized as somebody who is found out and comprehends the legalities of his complaint.

He said the first respondent is not protesting the legitimacy of the charges against him yet on the certainty he has in the court, including that there is nothing amiss with the litigant's complaint which is all together.

The judge expressed that he was remaining down from the case as Kanu had the privilege to dismiss the trial, saying: "After all equity is established on certainty. In the event that any of the gatherings has no trust in the court, he has the privilege to say as much."

He noticed that the indictment would have done likewise on the off chance that they were in Kanu's shoes.

Mohammed, thusly, said: "I accordingly transmit this case document to the boss judge of this court to make essential move.

Source: http://www.newsfacebook.co.uk/2015/12/i-have-no-confidence-in-this-court.html

Re: I Have No Confidence In This Court - Nnamdi Kanu. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
This KANU is brave like him or hate him
Re: I Have No Confidence In This Court - Nnamdi Kanu. by Mynd44: 5:27pm On Dec 23, 2015

(1)

"At Least One Million From Kano Are Willing To Visit Sheikh Zakzaky" / Frustration, Agony As Nigerians Celebrate Yuletide Amidst Unending Fuel Scarcity / Fayose : 20 Things Nigerians May Experience In 2016 Under Buhari’s Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.