Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Trying To Scam A Nigerian - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Trying To Scam A Nigerian (1537 Views)

Scammers Trying To Take Advantage Of The BVN Directive / SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) / unclothed Pictures Of Nigerians Trying To Scam Foreigners:::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Scam A Nigerian by nosa101(f): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2006
This is absolutely horrible. No respect. Doing it to a white man is understandable. Doing it to me is not. I got this email on friday:
FROM THE DESK OF MR, TOSIN LEKMUK,
AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING UNIT,
FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPT,
UTB BANK OF AFRICA,
LOME TOGO.

Dear Friend,

I am quite convicned of the fact that this will come to you as a surprise.however i am writing based on the privlage information i garthered about you in internet during my extensive search for a repose foreign partner who is compitent of assisting me in below business proposal

I am Mr,Tosin Lekmuk,the director in charge of auditing and accounting section of UTB BANK OF AFRICA ,Lome Togo in west Africa with due respect and regards. I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be very beneficial to both of us at the end of the transaction.During our investigation and audting in this bank,my department came across an abandoned sum of $14.7m US dollars(fourteen million seven hundred thousand US dollars.)In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his entire family in march 2002 in a plane crash.

Since we got information about his death,we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines.It is therefore upon this discovery that I and other officials in my department decided to make this businness proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we don't want this fund to go into the Bank treasury as unclaimed Bill.

The Banking law here stipulates that if such money remains unclaimed for five years,it will be for feited to the Bank Treasury as an unclaimed bill. A Togolaise cannot stand as the next of Kin to a foreigner.It is upon this discovery that I and my colleagues in this Department decided to contact you to collaborate with us to pull out this dormant fund.
This is the actual reason why it will require a second party or fellow who will forward claims as the next of kin with affidavit of trust to the bank and also present a foreign account where you will need the money to be re-transfered.I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100%risk free.

You have been adviced to keep top secret as we are still in service and intend to retire from service after we conclude this deal with you.I will be monitoring the whole situation here in this bank until you confirm the money in your account.And ask us to come down to your country for subseque sharing of the fund according to percentages previously indicated and further investment either in your country or any country you advice us to invest inn. We agree that 30%of this money will be for you as foreign partner,in respect to the provision of a foreign account,10%will be set aside for expenses incured during the business and 60%would be for me and my colleagues.There after I and my colleagues will visit your country for disbursement accoding to the percentages indicated.

Upon receipt of your reply,I will send to you the text of the application.This transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as allrequired arrangements have been made for thetransfer.This transaction will only take a maximum of 14 bank working days.

Further Information will be given to you as soon as I
receive your positive response.

Thank's,

Mr Tosin Lekmuk,

Me again
I am going to ask for his credit card number sha, I hope he doesn't come to nairaland
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by nosa101(f): 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2006
i asked for his credit card number and this was his reply
Dear Nosa,

How are you doing? Thank you for your mail received. The contents were understood.

With reference to your mail, there is no doubt that you may be scary and afraid of events and skeptical with this development. I too, with conscience will feel the same way when a total stranger writes to me on such confidential matters through the Internet. I will be bound to ask a few questions and need clarification.

Moreover, with the negative reports of the present trend, one has to be extremely careful before venturing into such business. The introduction of internet and the advancement in communication technology has brought the global world into a unit and most unscrupulous men have used the opportunity to undo their fellow human beings. This would not be our portion.

Nosa, this business is for our mutual benefit and for real and I neither meant any harm nor do I mean to deceive a fellow human being. My business is genuine and very legal. This business /transaction will be handled legitimately conforming to all acceptable international standards. It is a pure business transaction that is necessitated by circumstances.

Let is be mentioned for the sake of records that this our mutual benefit transaction is absolutely legitimate and not a scam as all the necessary documents that will be needed in a transaction of this nature and volume of funds will be issued and obtained in your name and favour as the bona fide beneficiary next of kin. I am an adult with a lovely family and I cannot get involved in anything illegal or scam. I am also a civil servant and illicit or scam activities are not a dignifying or noble acts and against the ethics of my profession and my conscience and as such can never get involve in any undignified or ignoble act or any transaction that will jeopardise or put my family in difficulty or make me loss my job with the bank.

I cannot risk your personality or put you into trouble. I am a family man and I place a lot of interest in the family at large and God. At my age, education and professional status, I cannot delve into a venture that is detrimental and disgraceful to my family and to humanity at large. If I do it, I am risking my years of long career and consequent jail.

I will not be surprised if people try to discourage you from this transaction by calling it a scam, but I will advice that you expurgate fear or uncertainties and let us achieve this for our mutual benefit, the greater future of our children and lasting partnership business relationship because if we fail to claim this money, it will definitely end up into the private pockets of the bank management.

Sincerely speaking, I physically do not know you but I am aware that a transaction of this nature and volume of fund to be a success, requires trust, confidence and sacrifices and that is why I am not bothered that the inheritance fund will be transferred into your designated bank account while I am not there with you and coupled with the fact that we have not met for the first time.

No risk is involved in this business as all our efforts and sacrifice will be for the success of this transaction.

Your bank information will be used for the sole purpose of the transfer of the inheritance fund into the account upon the approval of your application of claim for payment by the bank's board of directors. If you are not comfortable using your alreday existing bank account, you have my consent and approval to open a new bank account for the sole purpose of this transaction. However, let me quickly add that you will not send your bank information to me but directly to the bank and as the ethics of the banking industry demands, the information will be held in the strictest confidence and for the purpose of the transfer only.

Race, colour, religion, sex nor country is not the determaining factor of the bank establishing the next of kin, but answering correctly all the secret information as contained in the deceased customer's security file jacket with the bank. And I have all these information and I will at the appropriate time forwarded it to you.

Tendering of application signals the official commenecement of this business. And it is important to inform you that upon the approval of your application for payment by the bank's board of directors, all the necessary documents that will be issued and obtained in your name and favour by all the concerned authoritites will legally protect you against any person or authority contesting the payment to you then nor in the future.

As soon as you give me your hands of co-operation, I will send to you the specimen of the text of application you will send to the bank and the transaction will commence immediately. Please note that this transaction requires utmost trust, sincerity and confidentiality for its conclusion and you should trust me that this is for real and put your trust in God for our success.

I will like you to send your picture and i will do the same soonest i hear from you possible and never you expose this transaction becuase this is all hope for retirement.

I await your prompt reply.

Best regards,
Mr Tosin Lekmuk
+228-938-7531

NB.To proof the reality of this transaction is for real,this is our bank web site:www.bceao.int and you are warn not/never you contact any body through this web site,to be sincerely with you,am still in the active services with this bank so i will not like anything that would jeopadise my image while am still in Africa.

If this guy doesn't take time I'll send him spam and some of my quarantined trojans
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by Raymand(m): 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2006
His 'slowpoke radar' probably went nuts when he saw your email. . . grin
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by Hunter(m): 12:33am On Oct 24, 2006
nosa101:

This is absolutely horrible. No respect. Doing it to a white man is understandable. Doing it to me is not. I got this email on friday:
Me again
I am going to ask for his credit card number sha, I hope he doesn't come to nairaland

Gee that's not the slightest bit racist is it, doing it to a white man is understandable?
Have I somehow oppressed you and deserve to be scammed? Please enlighten me?
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by nosa101(f): 11:16am On Oct 24, 2006
Hunter:

Gee that's not the slightest bit racist is it, doing it to a white man is understandable?
Have I somehow oppressed you and deserve to be scammed? Please enlighten me?
No offence mate. It's normally a Naija against the rest thing. You never try to make money off your people. The same way I pay a lot more than Yanks when I go to college.
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by Hunter(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2006
nosa101:

No offence mate. It's normally a Naija against the rest thing. You never try to make money off your people. The same way I pay a lot more than Yanks when I go to college.

How do I "never try to make money off your people", do you know what I do for a living?
Am I American? Do I personally have anything to do with how much it costs you to go to college?
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by nosa101(f): 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2006
Hunter:

How do I "never try to make money off your people", do you know what I do for a living?
Am I American? Do I personally have anything to do with how much it costs you to go to college?

I did not say you make money off my people. What I mean is you as an Australian should not scam fellow Australians. I was just giving an example when I said I pay a lot to go to College. If i go to University in Australia, I will pay more than Aussies.You are so jumpy mate. Read my post well.
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by Hunter(m): 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2006
nosa101:

I did not say you make money off my people. What I mean is you as an Australian should not scam fellow Australians. I was just giving an example when I said I pay a lot to go to College. If i go to University in Australia, I will pay more than Aussies.You are so jumpy mate. Read my post well.

and I don't? why are you so adement that I scam people?

And yes you'll pay more if you go to a foreign university because it's subsidised for by governments because their citizen's will most likely be sticking around and earning money for the econemy rather than going home at the end of their education.
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by nosa101(f): 1:48am On Oct 25, 2006
Hunter:

and I don't? why are you so adement that I scam people?

And yes you'll pay more if you go to a foreign university because it's subsidised for by governments because their citizen's will most likely be sticking around and earning money for the econemy rather than going home at the end of their education.
This is gettting too much. I DID NOT SAY YOU SCAM PEOPLE. It was trying to give an example. Aussies should not scam Aussies. Yanks should not scam Yanks. Nigerians should not scam Nigerians. End of.
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by Hunter(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2006
No you were simply being a racist, did you or did you not say that it's understandable if it happens to a white person?
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by drered(m): 11:52am On Oct 25, 2006
@ topic
crazy shit
@ hunter
sup with you man he's just giving examples he aint a bit racsit
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by nosa101(f): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2006
I AM RACIST SO EAT MY SHIT

shocked
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by deathadder(m): 10:25am On Nov 14, 2006
Well done Nosa! It didn't take you long to admit it did it?

I dont see why you didn't have the self belief and denied it originally!

You are a pathetic disgusting individual!
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by English1(f): 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2006
There is an English saying that covers this point exactly

Don't shit where you eat.
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by chistiana(f): 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2006
I just keep wondering what Niger as turn to, every where u see scammer, no trust, to the extent some one even scam his muslim brother,

I remeber i was chating with a guy on this forum, but a non Nigeria guy, we where talking about friendship, asking me to come and so on, do u know what the guy tinks of me he thaught am a scammer, cause he heard most nigerians are fraudsters, i was so ashame of my self, and vey hurt u know,

i dont know what they keep gaining from this things, bothe the good and the bad one's as been combined togther, i wonder what the EFCC are still doing on this case,

still waiting 4 them 2 flush out the bad one's out of this country.
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by deathadder(m): 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2007
nosa the tossa cool
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by egoldman(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2007
Doing it to a white man is understandable
this is a very stupid statement ,plz mr hunter we are not all as stupid as this nosa,his type are the ones that bring shame to our country ,same goes with those that support him ,it would never be understable to scam anyone no matter where they come from ,we have many honest Nigerians ,so don't ever think that people like nosa is all about Nigerians .
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by jaybaby(f): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2007
All DISS talk 4 4 NOSA--NA WAOH OOOOOOO
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by omoge(f): 2:25pm On Mar 09, 2007
maybe he meant so because whiteman get $$  undecided

Doing it to any human being is horrible.

quote (Doing it to a white man is understandable)

egoldman:

this is a very stupid statement ,plz mr hunter we are not all as stupid as this nosa,his type are the ones that bring shame to our country ,same goes with those that support him ,it would never be understable to scam anyone no matter where they come from ,we have many honest Nigerians ,so don't ever think that people like nosa is all about Nigerians .
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2007
mr hunter,
he's just hitting you with the argument made by fraudsters. a lot of guys out there like to yak about how its some sort of revenge for colonialism ,or slavery, and all those other nasty things that , well, your ancestors did to us africans over the centuries .
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by egoldman(m): 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2007
oyb:

mr hunter,
he's just hitting you with the argument made by fraudsters. a lot of guys out there like to yak about how its some sort of revenge for colonialism ,or slavery, and all those other nasty things that , well, your ancestors did to us africans over the centuries .

better wake up from your sleep and see where your priorities are ,this kind of mentality will keep us behind other nations all the time unless we change .
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 15, 2007
egoldman:

better wake up from your sleep and see where your priorities are ,this kind of mentality will keep us behind other nations all the time unless we change .

this has nothing to do with my priorites or my state of conciousness. I am not justifying 419. i am simply pointing out what most people(nigerians ) say about 419. do you really want to claim that you have never heard anybody say
' those guys are just getting our money back'.
thats what a large percentage of nigerians (even 'educated 'ones ) i have met have had to say about 419.
'we are getting one up on the white man' .

anyway myb u can wake me up grin
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by egoldman(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2007
if 419 would become our way of getting back to the white man for the colonial injustices then we are all doomed for ever ,i still ask u shine your eyes and see where other countries are going ,419 would never be the best option for us ,it has taken us backwards by thousands of steps while other countries that we were better off few years ago are now becoming darlings of the rest of the world because of their economic progress .
take india ,malaysia,southkorea for example and see why we should be against 419 no matter who is the victim .
Re: Trying To Scam A Nigerian by agnesoseka: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2007
Na today?

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Murdered UNIPORT Students / Ibadan Notorious Arrmed Robber Godogodo Arrested “I Have No Regrets For Killing / I Had Sex With A Superstar And He Gave Me STD – Woman Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.