Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land (5667 Views)

Ofada Land / Mowe/ofada Land Xmas Bonanza! Cheaper Than Expected / Mowe Ofada Land Offer @ N498,000 Before 31 Sept,intallment Payment Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land by boladez(m): 11:28pm On Jun 09, 2009
Many of the Estates on this AXIS (NOT ALL PLS)  are scams.

Step one:     They part pay for a large piece of land from the local community and get the barest minimum level of paper work to make the ownership and sale legitimate. They scrape the main roads once or twice to convince people, or in some case put a few physical structures for effect.
Step two:     They sell forms through reputable banks  and sell at rock bottom prices with Minimal initial deposit, they hood wink people into believing the location is right on the expressway!!! or as close to lagos as possible.
Step three:  They fail to disclose to you that there are other Hidden charges which may be as high as =N=250k
Step Four:    They use the monthly contribution from subscribers to buy cars and generally improve their "STATUS"  and also pay up for the entire land.
Step Five:    The subscribers complete the payment and get the shock of their lives that they cannot be allocated the land except they pay unending fees and charges
Step Six:      If eventually you pursue them and pay all the fees (remember at this point the total cost would exceed the cost of getting good land in Lagos - Penny wise pound foolish !!!!) they will ALLOCATE land inside some bush you cannot develop immediately.

If you do not believe, please take a trip to mowe or ofada town and see all the so called estates. A piece of land they claim to be 500k may end up with  a final price of =N=900k to =N=1 million.

Please see recent publication from Ogun State Govt on many of these schemes, you definitely have to go perfect your papers after the purchase.

I fell victim once (will not mention the name of the scheme) and I will love to see all Mowe - Ofada land sellers to provide FULL disclosure of costs and Pictures of their estates on Nairaland. Moderator can you help out on this?

Re: Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land by pdozie: 1:07pm On Jun 10, 2009
thanks for the info. I wa already contemplating going to grab one , I guess i have to embrace stock market now
Re: Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land by dredone: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2009
thanks but u see one bad apple does not spoil d lot if u buy into a company with due deligent then u hav urself to blame i happen to market 4 on of d developers who apart from credibility know how far they hav gone with there paper work u see its Harv criticism like this gives developments problem in this country dont hide names come all out to make ur point some people in there life time now hav a short at owning plots of land and even houses cos of this schemes am not sayn this places ar habitable now but with proper regulation we can help ourselves gte the best out of it. angry angry angry angry
Re: Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land by pdozie: 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2009
well said dredone,
talking of mentioning names can you give us names of the developers you have given pass mark to so we can liaise with them and hope for better deals
Re: Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land by landmattaz(m): 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2009
Thanks for the info,i like the words you use,"NOT ALL PLS" i think you may have fall to rung one.I know some that are real,people have bought,some have even moved in and living.
How do you think you can get land if not from the local communities when it is not govt land,you will first buy from them and get your titles from the govt,do all your papper work,it belong to you.

"If you do not believe, please take a trip to mowe or ofada town and see all the so called estates. A piece of land they claim to be 500k may end up with  a final price of =N=900k to =N=1 million."

I have gone there and its not bad at all,its even preferable than dealing with the omo onile direct.Omo onile can give you hypertension if you deal with them.
My advice for any one buying into those estate is go to the site and see,go to the company and ask for there profile since 3 or 5 years back.Confirm what they are really doing before the  Mowe Ofada project,know the company directors and how strong they are.
When Sparklight estate started like that some years back,when we use to see the estate in the 90s it was poorly arranged,poor gate,the area was water log,no good drainage but see what it is today.To own a plot of land there now will cost younot less than 8 million while a bungalow go for between 25m and 30m.
So boladez ,i hate people who discourage others form achieving good things,they will not buy and they will not allow people that want it buy.In marketing they call them( YEKINNI lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed) in yoruba lang.I am a subscriber in one of those estate in Mowe Ofada,i decided to pay after considering everything you wrote about.Even the stock market where you putting your money now,who told you some stock brokers don't do scams or are part of those that always buy public offer that's been advertise.
Just go ahead and do what you like with your money everything in life is risk and if you are afraid of risk you can be rich,you cant even own a property.Those who invest all their money,especially the pensioner's into stock market some years back knows what they are loosing now,that is the risk.But they will still make their money when the stocks start picking again.
Re: Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land by boladez(m): 12:01am On Jun 11, 2009
Landmattaz

hahahahaha grin, I think we are saying the same thing, anybody who wants to buy land along that axis should beware, simple!!!

Congratulations on the purchase of your land, may the Almighty grant you the grace and financial means to develop the land. I pray this would be the beginning of great and mighty things for you.

You strike me more of a seller than buyer.

Dear Nairalanders, some of the sellers of Mowe land have started disclosing the hidden charges, Many thanks to them as they have demonstrated good faith, development of estates should be the job of competent professionals and not a scamming business.  We are one and should always be our brother's keepers!!!!

Your dear brother
YEKINI!!!!! cool grin
Re: Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land by boladez(m): 10:31pm On Jun 13, 2009
For guys buying on Mowe Ofada axis ,

Insist on knowing the location and pay a visit
Insist on knowing the total costs and charges
Insist on knowing the paper work they will give you
Insist on knowing when your land will be allocated after full payment
Ensure you perfect your papers with the ogun state govt after the purchase

Finally always get a good lawyer involved. It is currently a sellers market they collect our monies and nothing happens afterwards we can turn the tables and ensure people who collect our money and promise value do not take us for a ride.

It makes no sense to buy land and two years after have absolutely no papers or development as we have seen in several posts in this forum in the last few days.

God bless

(1) (Reply)

A Roofing Project For A Client At Owerri, Imo State / Wife, Brothers Of Late Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building, Fight Over Bank Detail / Another Window Opening To Own A House In Abuja Wit Out Fcda Problems Pic Includ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.