Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,453 members, 7,853,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Biafra Agitation Leader, Kanu Declines To Enter Plea On Terrorism Charge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Agitation Leader, Kanu Declines To Enter Plea On Terrorism Charge (273 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Flees, Now Hiding Over Terrorism Charge / Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail / Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Agitation Leader, Kanu Declines To Enter Plea On Terrorism Charge by Afrieyes: 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
The embattled DIrector of Radio Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, yesterday at the Federal High Court, Abuja Division refused to enter a plea on a – six count charge of terrorism on the ground that he will not be given a fair trial.

Kanu was brought before Justice Ahmed Mohammed on charges of treason, importation of illegal goods and possession of firearms preferred against him by the Department of State Security (DSS).
Docked alongside Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi, Kanu expressed his lack of confidence in the trial judge, because of information available to him.
His words: “I will not sacrifice the due process of the law founded in the principles of natural justice upon the altar of speedy release from detention. In other words, I will rather remain in detention than subjecting myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice.
“Previous court judgments and rulings have been delivered...

http://www.afrieyes.com/2015/12/biafra-agitation-leader-kanu-declines.html
Re: Biafra Agitation Leader, Kanu Declines To Enter Plea On Terrorism Charge by BusinessHub1: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
Behold today is my birthday.. I love u guys.

(1) (Reply)

Gombe Loses 33 Police Officers To Insurgents In 2015 / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Buhari’s Associate, APC Chieftain, Jafaru Isa / Jonathan Gave Fayose $37m To Defeat Fayemi – PDP Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.