Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

A MUST READ: An Intelligent Writeup On Recent Events In Zaria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A MUST READ: An Intelligent Writeup On Recent Events In Zaria (570 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Issues A Statement On Recent Developments In Aba, Nigeria / Capture This Omojuwa Writeup On Hypocrisy / Contrast World Reaction To Recent Events In Nigeria (shiite And Biafra) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A MUST READ: An Intelligent Writeup On Recent Events In Zaria by merrypakman: 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
Lalasticlala, ishilove kindly do the needful

BismiLlahir-Rahmaanir-Rahiim.

Introduction

On 12th December 2015, a series of events occurred in Zaria City, Kaduna State of Northwestern Nigeria, that threaten to throw this country into greater chaos than we are already in. Subsequent to those events, a lot of disinformation and misinformation was thrown into the air by the two sides involved i.e the Nigerian military and the Shia Islamic Movement of Nigeria, as part of deliberate strategies to own the narrative of whatever is expected to come after this, from the very start.. This post is just an attempt to throw some clarity into what occurred, to put forward what I believe may likely occur, and to put certain things in perspective.

You Can Skip The Personal Section Below To The Main Gist If You Are Not Interested In Religious Arguments

Personally

I am not a fan of the Shias. They are the worst amongst the creations of Allah, as even the Jinns have testified to the Taabi’een and the Imaams of the People of Sunnah over the ages. I hate those who believe in the madness that they believe in. If there was an Islamic State, and the Khalifah or Ameer ordered a jihad against them, I would gladly rush to the forefront of such a jihad, BUT this hatred of them DOES NOT PREVENT ME from being just to them.

Allah Commanded the Muslims in Suratul-Maa’idah (Quran5):

“O ye who believe, be you firm witnesses to Allah in Righteousness. Do not Allow the hatred of a people (that you have), to prevent you from being just (to them). BE JUST! For it is closer to Taqwa (Piety, Righteousness, Fear of Allah).”

And following on this injunction/commandment from my Lord, it is obligatory upon me to be JUST and FAIR in my judgements, narrations etc of what occurred that day in Zaria. After looking at it from all SIDES, and all CORNERS, I conclude that the Shias were attacked and killed UNJUSTLY by the Nigerian Army acting on a pre-determined script, which the mistakes of the Shias that day gave them a pretext to carry out.

My position is not a popular one amongst many Salafis or the broader Muslim community, nor will I particularly get liked by the insane crowd cheering this unjust killing.

While I understand that the excesses of the Shias in Gyallesu in particular and Kaduna State in general has cost them whatever sympathy they normally would have got, I refuse to be with those who feel this massacre was just and acceptable since it was the Shias/Rawaafid that were killed.

I say while the Shias are the worst of Allah’s Creations, and their creed is abominable in its entirety, we are however Muslims who should judge only based on Sharia. They were attacked unjustly and killed unjustly, their creed does not justify this. Secondly, they were living in Amanah with the Muslims and the Christians due to the pact which we all entered into called Nigeria. Thirdly, the incidental friends you people had in the Nigerian Army did not kill them for the sake of Islam, or to establish Islam and wipe out their filthy creed. They killed them for the sake of securing Nigeria’s power and preventing the current system from being threatened by them. This last part should scare Izala especially and every Muslim who believes in the obligation of establishing Shariah generally. The same threat Zakzaky and his movement posed to Nigeria’s security is the same threat the Salafis, Izala and anyone who seeks to establish Shariah poses (TMC, Ta’awunul-Islam, MSSN etc). All that has to be done is to grow as strong as Zakzaky and his people grew, remain as united as they are, and actively start working on removing this system of governance whether through elections or violence or boycotting the institutions of state, and the same hands and weapons used to kill the Shias now, will be activated to crush you also. Bala Lau and co in Izala, again should keep this little fact in mind.

With this, I close the personal section..

Outline

I will firstly lay out the events as they occurred, before laying out my analysis of what led to this, and what will most likely occur onwards from now.

The Six Sons Of Zakzaky Pictured In The Featured Image Of This Post, Have All Been Killed By The Nigerian Army.

Background

The Shia religion was first introduced to Nigeria in the early 1980’s by a young man from a village just outside Zaria, named Ibrahim, who had recently from studying in Khomenei-led Iran. He first began teaching his new creed at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, disguising it in the political language of liberating Palestine from the Jews (which every Muslim buys into), ending American aggression, arrogance and imperialism, and establishing an Islamic Republic under which Muslims would be ruled by the Sharia. These ideas, combined with his powerful oratory and the perception many people had of him as educated, wise, intellectually gifted and cultured in contrast to the old school mallams who couldn’t speak any form of English.

Iranian financing and support from Lebanese Shias living in Northern Nigeria soon helped Ibrahim Az-Zakzaky and his movement expand into a massive body that drew in over a million people across Northern Nigeria. This so called Islamic Movement targeted mostly poor rural communities which have been oppressed and neglected by society, using cash, the promise of justice and equity in an Islamic Republic, the promotion of brotherhood, and the availability of affordable modern education (the so called Boko), which it provided at great cost, to lure multitudes in.

Continue from source

source:http://fulansitrep.com/2015/12/24/a-situation-report-and-situational-analysis-on-recent-events-in-zaria-nigeria-part-i/

(1) (Reply)

Convicted Nigerian soldiers(Mutineers) Held Without Food Since April / David Mark Under Fire For Praising Buhari, PDP Blasts Him / Is The Fuel Scarcity Over?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.