Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,763 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) (33646 Views)

PHOTOS: 18-year-old Nigerian Student Makes History At Howard University / Precious Potraits Of Nigerian & Nigeria History / Fatima Makes History At Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by LordIsaac(m): 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2017
A lot of history...before Lord Lugard and his cohorts' deceptive unification!
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by newguy1(m): 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wu made our women to start wearing bra grin cheesy.......educative n coool but those oyinbo exploited . These country well...
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Karlman: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
slurryeye:

1. Chris Okotie "just for you" music album 1980s

2. Chris Okotie "please don't go" music album 1980s

3. An influential Nigerian lady driving a car (date unknown) surely pre-independence

4. Muhammad Ali in Lagos 1964
...i never know people like you still exist on this illiterates overwhelmed forum...THANK YOU AND ESPECIALLY THE OP! ...more of two of you and nairaland would be such a beautiful platform.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by FirstNg1: 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
[quote author=LEOSIRSIR post=41307578]Picture collection about past events in Nigeria's history. Cc explorer
Thanks as you follow
Let's go

Great job.
Learnt much, reminded of some.
The more we know and are reminded of our history, the better for all of us.
Thank you and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Oloniyan(m): 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
respect to freemanDave. he first opened this thread before his death. fratermathy can attest to this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Bishopbones007(m): 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]I am impressed with this history facts
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Sebastine1994(m): 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
Op may God bless you a trillion times. It is because of post like these I come to Nairaland. Please we should encourage this type of post. You have really enlightened me. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
wow really educative thanks to d op
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Philinho(m): 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
so wonderful.... just made my day
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by kramer: 11:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
LEOSIRSIR:
In 1918 before new currencies supply could reach Nigeria the Nigerian government issued this emergency currency

Dr Nnamdi azikwe with Felicia obua a local NCNC organiser orlu division during his campaign in urrulla 1959
Southern Nigeria protectorate flag (1900-1914)

Maitastine was leader of the tatsine millitant group they were responsible for bloodbath in kanokano 1972

Very interesting, Nigeria has had its fair share of of overzealous fanatics over the years, talk about ojukwu, maitastine, shekau, and now kanu. Who next?
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by slurryeye: 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
Karlman:
...i never know people like you still exist on this illiterates overwhelmed forum...THANK YOU AND ESPECIALLY THE OP! ...more of two of you and nairaland would be such a beautiful platform.

Thanks for the nice words. There are many enlightened folks on Nairaland, and I have learnt a great deal from them. You have to look beyond those annoying illiterates. Most of them are teenages or in their early 20s that have limited knowledge of this world. My prayer for them is to have understanding of life on time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by ksstroud: 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
slurryeye:

Thanks for the nice words. There are many enlightened folks on Nairaland, and I have learnt a great deal from them. You have to look beyond those annoying illiterates. Most of them are teenages or in their early 20s that have limited knowledge of this world. My prayer for them is to have understanding of life on time.
QED
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by queenbetsy(f): 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
those are women with bare breasts oh
when you now exposed small part of yours, they'll start ranting about indecent dressing...
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by thinkmoney(m): 12:00am On Apr 11, 2017
LEOSIRSIR:
In 1918 before new currencies supply could reach Nigeria the Nigerian government issued this emergency currency

Dr Nnamdi azikwe with Felicia obua a local NCNC organiser orlu division during his campaign in urrulla 1959
Southern Nigeria protectorate flag (1900-1914)

Maitastine was leader of the tatsine millitant group they were responsible for bloodbath in kanokano 1972
People from the Niger delta tends to shortchange themselves because of jealousy...from that election result I see their hatred of Igbos as been there even before the war. They forget a neigbhour close by is better than a brother far away. I hope they now enjoy what they have helped Nigeria become by there choice of leaders.
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by BentSpoon(m): 12:00am On Apr 11, 2017
No be today soyinka start wearing barret. E don tae grin
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Maski87: 1:33am On Apr 11, 2017
Why unable dey cover them boobs, common this is 1890, dey no dey baff,.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by LEOSIRSIR(m): 4:31am On Apr 11, 2017
Thats part of our culture before civilization, This kind of Dressing still exist in Some Parts In kenya And Ethopia

Maski87:
Why unable dey cover them boobs, common this is 1890, dey no dey baff,.

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by LEOSIRSIR(m): 4:33am On Apr 11, 2017
Thank you for this its just that teenagers flooded Nairaland of recent and you keep womdering what happened to the Niaraland where you see educative and informative topics. i just hope sanity is restored to this wonderful forum.

Karlman:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by LEOSIRSIR(m): 4:44am On Apr 11, 2017
Thanks for this Tag appreciate.

slurryeye:

I will help you tag the ones that I know

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by LEOSIRSIR(m): 4:45am On Apr 11, 2017
Glad you are informed now, nigeria had a lot of History, i wonder if they still teach history in sec School anymore.
isadoracheryl:
Wow. Most of the things shared here I had no idea of them. Thanks this is very educating.
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by slurryeye: 4:55am On Apr 11, 2017
LEOSIRSIR:
Thanks for this Tag appreciate.

You're welcome bro
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Haryormideh(m): 6:51am On Apr 11, 2017
Wow... This is dope... A very scintillating post ND edutaining
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by adecares(f): 6:53am On Apr 11, 2017
great job guys
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Jerryman94(m): 7:04am On Apr 11, 2017
Come and experience the biggest *Technology business Expo* in Nigeria holding at Westown Hotels, 6 Opebi-Sheraton link road, Ikeja, Lagos on Fri, 14th April, 2017 by 11am. This event is free but *strictly by invitation*. Kindly contact Mr Jeremiah 08158789969 for access. See you there
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by checkolatunji: 7:15am On Apr 11, 2017
LEOSIRSIR:
Police court lagos 1910

I am sure this court was built with oyel money. Abi na flatinoes follow join hand build am
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Gangster1ms: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2017
queenbetsy:
those are women with bare breasts oh
when you now exposed small part of yours, they'll start ranting about indecent dressing...
Lol.. don't mind these our Nigerians. I just dey see different sizes and shapes of breasts back then but nowadays see them behaving as if it never occured.
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by maxysmith(f): 11:02am On Apr 11, 2017
very educating...God should restore our lost glory
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by Pumpido75(m): 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Educative and informative. Well appreciated God bless.
Re: Nigeria's History At A Glance (photo) by juman(m): 8:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
I like the thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Tough But Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities / Ikiotere Ayebatonye; Disabled First Class Graduate Shares NYSC Photos / 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.