Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

What Is The Hope Of Nigerians With Our Government Trade Test Certificate? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Hope Of Nigerians With Our Government Trade Test Certificate? (7869 Views)

The Hope Of Agricultural Graduates In Nigeria / FG To Check Hiring Of Expatriates In Place Of Nigerians / Any Information About Trade Test 1, 2 And 3 Exam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Hope Of Nigerians With Our Government Trade Test Certificate? by Osiago(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2009
Education and knowledge to me are two different things (although of a kind). I would like to know why Nigerians with trade test certification from the federal ministry of labour and productivity are not considered for employment (even at the expense better knowledge than their foreign counterparts).
A person who comes out of the university with a degree is said to be inexperienced practically, while the one who takes up a certificate after years of practical learning in a technical school would not be considered either for jobs.
Please I would want to know who is fooling who?
Re: What Is The Hope Of Nigerians With Our Government Trade Test Certificate? by alaanu(m): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2009
Osiago, Nigerian situation is a pathetic one. A friend whom I advised to get the Trade test certification told me recentlty that he will get it just by paying certain amount of money . So the best advice fro employers is to assess the prospective employee based on the Job specification and description instead of relying on certificates that are obtained not by merit by through cheat and money.

(1) (Reply)

Is Institute Of Professional Managers And Administrators Of Nigeria Real Or Not / Have You Fired Anyone? How Do You Feel Afterwards? I Did & I Don't Feel Anythng / 516 Police Personnel, Others Participate In Fitness Exercise In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.