Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,297 members, 7,864,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:21 PM

Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% (15763 Views)

Nigeria Revenue Drops To 5-year Low As Tax, Oil Income Fall / Nigeria’s Gas Revenue Drops By 50% / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by ademega(m): 8:32am On Dec 26, 2015
end of the year not so good news

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:32am On Dec 26, 2015
MY SUCCESS IS NOT DETERMINED 9JA ECONOMY. BUT FOR THE SAKE OF MY FRIENDS IN NAIRALAND DT WANT CHANGE OH LORD LET OUR ECONOMY IMPROVE. GUYS TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by PrinceChester: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2015
ritababe:

lol with this current economy i think we have discover it already and you are the prince. grin

And You are My Queen..grin
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by telim: 8:34am On Dec 26, 2015
This hard ship as nothing to do with us that earn legitimately online. Infact it means more naira to my account, since $1 equates 260 naira. Baban God help my people bad times ahead.
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by PrinceChester: 8:38am On Dec 26, 2015
cramjones:
The massive looting that took place during GEJ's tenure has finally brought Nigeria to its knees. Greece would be child's play come 2016. The wicked Jonathan government fleeced our money when oil prices were sky high. The price is now projected to be at $20/barrel in the first quarter of 2016.

Now is the time for Buhari to be decisive and put this wicked, insensitive, clueless, heartless, corrupt and pouchy man in jail. Recorver the loot of him and his cohort and draw a strong and hard economic recovery policy. There is not much he can still do because the man called GEJ destroyed Nigeria!

-CramJones

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by nigeriancuban: 8:38am On Dec 26, 2015
lol,we are growing* says Buhari*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by TPAND(f): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2015
Everything is Changing but unfortunately not progressing.

A change is a change.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 26, 2015
It is time for us to diversify like crazy...It is time for us to look inwards and use our gas to generate power which we would use and export as well..We can use our gas to our advantage...It is time for Nigerians to move beyond oil and gas...It is time for nigeria to embrace true federalism...The realities of life is staring at us in the face..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 26, 2015
cramjones:
-CramJones
I like this old troll cheesy cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by ritababe(f): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2015
PrinceChester:

And You are My Queen..grin

i reject.
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by HzRF(m): 8:47am On Dec 26, 2015
cramjones:
The massive looting that took place during GEJ's tenure has finally brought Nigeria to its knees. Greece would be child's play come 2016. The wicked Jonathan government fleeced our money when oil prices were sky high. The price is now projected to be at $20/barrel in the first quarter of 2016.

Now is the time for Buhari to be decisive and put this wicked, insensitive, clueless, heartless, corrupt and pouchy man in jail. Recorver the loot of him and his cohort and draw a strong and hard economic recovery policy. There is not much he can still do because the man called GEJ destroyed Nigeria!

-CramJones

See wailing

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by WisdomTank: 8:49am On Dec 26, 2015
God please remember my country Nigeria and heed to our cry for help.

Check out my signature for your POP ceiling, Wall Screeding and Pillar design
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by DjAduba(m): 8:55am On Dec 26, 2015
Atmmachine:
Thank you lord.
I hope it drops by 100% so the people who voted for Buhari would see the good work he's doing.

I wish Buhari would be the President of Nigeria for 50 years.
Buhari till 2056
Amen to ur prayer! But u sound clueless: I guess u shud follow subsequent comments of learned guys to get a better understanding of the system or perhaps u shud pic up an economic textbook and study what demand and supply means these will tell u that we are not alone in the ditto but every Oil producing country is affected. cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by eyesofgod: 8:58am On Dec 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Na to beg Saudi Arabia to pity us walahi.

Hmmmmmmmm

DOA! Those guys will never do anything in abeyance of their master's interest.
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Atmmachine(m): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2015
DjAduba:

Amen to ur prayer! But u sound clueless: I guess u shud follow subsequent comments of learned guys to get a better understanding of the system or perhaps u shud pic up an economic textbook and study what demand and supply means these will tell u that we are not alone in the ditto but every Oil producing country is affected. cheers!!!
Why is Saudi Arabia not experiencing the demand and supply ??
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by DjAduba(m): 9:01am On Dec 26, 2015
HzRF:

See wailing
I feel like crying bro! God will defiantly help us. It is time for PMB to deal with our criminal Justice system cus they are part of our biggest problems. Probe must continue till it is over...
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by DjAduba(m): 9:03am On Dec 26, 2015
Atmmachine:
Says who? hmm.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by teemy(m): 9:05am On Dec 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I doubt iran will. it would be like releasing a lion into a playground. cramjones is right about the $20/barrel range.
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by DjAduba(m): 9:06am On Dec 26, 2015
nobeku:
YOUR FATHER IS THE HUGE DULLARD... IDIOT...YOU ARE SO STEWPEEED THAT IT PULSATES OVER OUR ATMOSPHERE.. BLOODY EEJIT.. YOU ARE SUCH AN IGNORAMUS THAT WILL WISH THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY TO FAIL JUST TO PROVE YOUR FOOOOOLERY... TORCHECUL!!!
grin
nobeku:
YOUR FATHER IS THE HUGE DULLARD... IDIOT...YOU ARE SO STEWPEEED THAT IT PULSATES OVER OUR ATMOSPHERE.. BLOODY EEJIT.. YOU ARE SUCH AN IGNORAMUS THAT WILL WISH THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY TO FAIL JUST TO PROVE YOUR FOOOOOLERY... TORCHECUL!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 26, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
It's high time we focus on other means of income for our dear nation. Nigerians should try and encourage small scale and large scale farming.

But how do even encourage agriculture when lands needed for it are getting more expensive on a daily basis?

Nigerians; back to your farms! The agricultural sector should be revived by every one of us!

I pray God opens the eyes of the youths of this nation on the huge benefit of agriculture!

#BringBackOurAgriculture

While I agree with you, agriculture is also subject to the same issues as oil....price drops in times of surplus.

Many African countries that rely on agric are also more reliant on foreign loans to fund their budgets. Especially when you are Malawi, and your major cash crop tobacco is under severe sanctions....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by juman(m): 9:09am On Dec 26, 2015
Memphis357:
More untold hardship for Nigerians.

Yeah, unthinkable hardship.

nigeria is a destroyed country.
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Begging Saudi won't solve the problem.

Thanks to improvements in technology, everybody and his auntie is producing oil. America which thirty years ago was a net importer of oil is now talking about being a net exporter. And several countries that never had oil are suddenly producers.

If you want to beg.....you have to beg far more than the Saudis.

Diversification is the road forward.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by NewYorkCity: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2015
Abeg make e drop to 10 cents per barrel.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
And some guys are saying we will be borrowing 1.84 trillion naira to effect the budget. The truth is that we will end up borrowing more than 3 trillion naira if we ever want the budget to be 70% implemented. Is that feasible? Let's watch and see.

Meanwhile a dullard is in the helm of affairs

If PDP was at the helm of affairs.....we would have had the same old issues too.

It does not matter who is running Nigeria....the main issue here is that we are too resource dependent.

China used to be behind Sierra Leone in GDP terms back in the 1970's. Now....it is far ahead.And they got there by refusing to be dependent on selling resources in the open market.

Perhaps it is time we followed China's example.? We are not a rich country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by ireasontight: 9:16am On Dec 26, 2015
o precious chukwu okike abiama, thank you so so much.we want the zoo economy to fall beyond abyss. This contraption needs to scatter.Ooooo am so happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Rawani: 9:16am On Dec 26, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones

Bless you for this post that illuminated the thread.
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 26, 2015
I wish I care.
Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Yendysthesage(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2015
yanabasee:

This is the same reason why china is fighting haplessly to ensure that their currency becomes a tradeable currency and as well an independent currency. Dollar depreciation seems to affect every other country who uses it to trade in the world market.

This depreciation became visible when the US central bank implemented quatitative easing measures by encouraging investors to borrow money... As such making US dollar not to be in parity with its other counterpart.
Dude your analysis is wrong , you are acting pseudo-intellectual. The guy is talking about how the us and Australia are going to enter into the market thereby driving prices down.you seem to be talking about something completely different

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by Lighthouseman: 9:17am On Dec 26, 2015
Atmmachine:

Saudi Arabia pumps over 10 million barrels per day with a population of less than 30 million people and a huge foreign reserve. With these, Saudi Arabia can sell and break even for even 5$ until conditions improve while Nigeria has a population of 170million, a foreign reserve of 29 billion and sells only over 2 million barrels per day. You see the difference abi.
It's time to make the centre weak and the component units more autonomous.
Or else... Bubu just started begging for foreign aid

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% by juman(m): 9:19am On Dec 26, 2015
The country's money was stolen and wasted away.

The country is now been shattered, depleted and consumed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Times Bode George Has Vowed To Leave Nigeria If Tinubu Becomes President / Tinubu Reveals Top Priorities Of His 2024 Budget / Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.