Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Parvo Virus - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Parvo Virus (2927 Views)

Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy / The Fight Against Parvo Virus / Pls Help My Dog Has Parvo Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 8:26am On Dec 25, 2015
Nairalander's help a brother out ......one of my pups started vomiting yesterday with an offensive odour ....i suspected parvovirus and this morning it was confirmed with blood poop ....called doctor said he has traveled for Christmas am left alone....what should i do help a brother
Re: Parvo Virus by kojowinful(m): 9:56am On Dec 25, 2015
I would advice you isolate the affected dog then keep giving him or her ORS solution till you can get a vet. May the joys of xmas see you through bro.
Re: Parvo Virus by Prodeegee(m): 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
First things first....isolate and confine the affected dog to a particular area.

Get flagyl and tetracycline.

How old is d dog so ill gv the required dosage.
Re: Parvo Virus by nike4love: 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
Flagyl and amoxilin will help the dog.don't forget to isolate and use hand gloves when handling the dog.
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 2:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
Prodeegee:
First things first....isolate and confine the affected dog to a particular area.

Get flagyl and tetracycline.

How old is d dog so ill gv the required dosage.
i went to vet shop and the man gave TRIAVIL GRANULES to mix in their water..3 months ...how should i administer the flagyl and tetracycline
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
kojowinful:
I would advice you isolate the affected dog then keep giving him or her ORS solution till you can get a vet. May the joys of xmas see you through bro.
Amen oo
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2015
nike4love:
Flagyl and amoxilin will help the dog.don't forget to isolate and use hand gloves when handling the dog.
how should administer the flagyl and amoxiline
Re: Parvo Virus by Prodeegee(m): 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2015
klabi:
i went to vet shop and the man gave TRIAVIL GRANULES to mix in their water..3 months ...how should i administer the flagyl and tetracycline
how old is the dog? Under 4 mnths 1each daily

4 mnths and above 1mrng 1night of each tablets.

If the dog has started throwing up then forget it. You need a vet.

1 Like

Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
Prodeegee:
how old is the dog? Under 4 mnths 1each daily

4 mnths and above 1mrng 1night of each tablets.

If the dog has started throwing up then forget it. You need a vet.
it has started the blood poop
Re: Parvo Virus by Prodeegee(m): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
klabi:
it has started the blood poop
pooping isnt the issue. Is he throwing up?
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
Prodeegee:
pooping isnt the issue. Is he throwing up?
only a little yesterday ......but hasn't today
Re: Parvo Virus by Prodeegee(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
klabi:
only a little yesterday ......but hasn't today
hmmmm...ok gv the dosage of both druf. See if he doesnt throw them out. And pls dnt try her on any food. Dnt even take food close to her.

1 Like

Re: Parvo Virus by leksmedia: 1:46am On Dec 26, 2015
Oh , first of all make sure the dog is properly hydrated , add ORS Into the water , make sure she drinks it and if its not drinking get a syringe without the needle and use it to force feed her , also get golden morn, use the syringe to feed her that, avoid over feeding her so that she doesn't throw up , u will have to keep giving her little by little ,

Then get flagyl and diastop
Give her about 3ml cos she is still young , do that morning and night , also give her tetracyclin
. I have forgotten the other drugs but I will update in the morning , just be patient with the dog ,make sure she is eating and drinking , I pray u will be fine
Re: Parvo Virus by Prodeegee(m): 8:44am On Dec 26, 2015
leksmedia:
Oh , first of all make sure the dog is properly hydrated , add ORS Into the water , make sure she drinks it and if its not drinking get a syringe without the needle and use it to force feed her , also get golden morn, use the syringe to feed her that, avoid over feeding her so that she doesn't throw up , u will have to keep giving her little by little ,

Then get flagyl and diastop
Give her about 3ml cos she is still young , do that morning and night , also give her tetracyclin
. I have forgotten the other drugs but I will update in the morning , just be patient with the dog ,make sure she is eating and drinking , I pray u will be fine
you shouldnt feed a dog that has parvo. It only worsens the case. The ors solution shd do.

Flagyl and diastop does the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Parvo Virus by nike4love: 8:52am On Dec 26, 2015
klabi:
how should administer the flagyl and amoxiline
2.5mil for both morning and night. Guy above me has a good point. Try also to take the dog to a Good vet.
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2015
nike4love:

2.5mil for both morning and night. Guy above me has a good point. Try also to take the dog to a Good vet.
my vet said he will make it on Monday...
till then i hope nothing happens
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 9:02am On Dec 26, 2015
Prodeegee:
you shouldnt feed a dog that has parvo. It only worsens the case. The ors solution shd do.

ok sir...hope it won't affect my other adult dogs....though i separated them .....should i also give them the flagyl and tetracycline ....and i also fumigated their cages
Re: Parvo Virus by nike4love: 9:44am On Dec 26, 2015
klabi:
my vet said he will make it on Monday... till then i hope nothing happens
Ok.what breed is the dog?
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 10:19am On Dec 26, 2015
nike4love:

Ok.what breed is the dog?
The breed is another story entirely... ...it turned out nlander's were right ....mixed breed sha .....would share the story later,the important thing is survival now
Re: Parvo Virus by leksmedia: 10:32am On Dec 26, 2015
will the drug work on an empty stomach without any adverse effect? That's why I said little food , and for the flagyl and diastop will confirm that , thanks fr the info
Prodeegee:

Re: Parvo Virus by nike4love: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
klabi:
The breed is another story entirely... ...it turned out nlander's were right ....mixed breed sha .....would share the story later,the important thing is survival now
Ok,how is he responding to the treatment u have given so far?
Re: Parvo Virus by arcbay(m): 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Posters above me have said it all, manage the situation with the prescribed drugs and dosage till Monday when ur Vet arrives...

One advice, move the other dogs out of the compound immediately to avoid the risk of transfer of infection...

This is d season of Parvo, deadly on dogs as HIV do humans...and the bad part is that it gets transferred faster than magic. Act now.

Or better still, administer dhlpp on all ur other dogs as a preventive measure, the vaccine takes about 2 weeks to take effect, hopefully they don't get infected before then.

Act NOW!!! Please
Re: Parvo Virus by mayor2013: 11:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
@ op its better you treatment your dog yourself. I can tell you from experience that the vet coming around would note solve the problem of the parvo virus. Parvo virus is like diarrhoea in human involves stooling and vomiting at the same time and in worse case scenario can lead to death. Not to forget it causes serious dehydration. Here is what can help out.

Your dog excretimg blood means it has gotten to a worse case so your chances here is 50 50

Buy

1) amoxil 500mg . Use this every 6hrs
2) white flagyl (1)
3) buy bleach e, g jik or hypo. Used to clean up its surrounding not to forget you dealing with a virus so you habe to be aggressive in treatment. Where the dog excretes. Pour jik immediately there
4) glucose and syringe without needle. Pour the glucose in water and take some solution with the syringe and administer it to the dog repeatedly

Note: do not force the dog to eat as this might make it worse and also isolate all other dogs in your compound from the infected dogs. No food at all as complications may set in

I agree with you about a cross breed dog having such infection but another note this virus is hereditary and can be transmitted across the dogs lineage. From my experience the rott weiler have a weak gene to confront this deadly virus. But I for sure know boerboel has got a stronger gene to withstand the parvo virus. My opinion and am writing from experience

3 Likes

Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 11:00am On Dec 27, 2015
embarassed
nike4love:

i lost two earlier this morning embarassed
nike4love:

i lost two earlier this morning...it was so sad after spending so much on them they just died...i pray my last pup survives*tears*
Re: Parvo Virus by Prodeegee(m): 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
klabi:
embarassedi lost two earlier this morning embarassedi lost two earlier this morning...it was so sad after spending so much on them they just died...i pray my last pup survives*tears*
you never stated hw old d dogs are. And whats the sitiuation of the last pup
Re: Parvo Virus by arcbay(m): 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
klabi:
embarassedi lost two earlier this morning embarassedi lost two earlier this morning...it was so sad after spending so much on them they just died...i pray my last pup survives*tears*

So sorry to hear about ur loss...

Please don't relent, do all u can for the last pup. I know you've tried, but please push a little harder.
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
Prodeegee:
you never stated hw old d dogs are. And whats the sitiuation of the last pup
i got someone this evening... and still went through the same procedure... and he is responding well we thank GOD and every nairalander that contributed
Re: Parvo Virus by folex(m): 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Parvo infected dogs dies faster from dehydration through the excessive vomiting and stooling. If the surviving one is taking water normally, there is a very good chance the dog will pull through, just route all the medication as already stated through the h2o. If the dog is not taking water then administer drip right away!!! The dog has to be dehydrated by all means!!! Administer B-co so as to induce hunger once the pup is getting better. All this is coming from a personal experience of my bull mastiff pup just recuperating from parvo attack. Wish you good luck bro...
Re: Parvo Virus by nike4love: 10:06am On Dec 28, 2015
klabi:
Gosh.....
Sorry my man,somedays are like that.
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2015
nike4love:
Gosh..... Sorry my man,somedays are like that.
Thanks bro
Re: Parvo Virus by klabi(m): 8:00am On Dec 30, 2015
So my last pup is doing fine.... and i want know if there is any other thing to do to make sure the parvo as gone once and for all.... should i still give the vaccine and any other thing

1 Like

Re: Parvo Virus by BinggoFurLife: 9:03am On Dec 30, 2015
good to hear that. Allow it to recover very well!! At least don't administer any vaccine for up to one week of full recovery. However you can still be administering 2 tabs of B-co daily to stimulate appetite. You can equally be applying 2 tea spoon of glucose to its water to boost energy. Your pup would be running up and down and scattering things in no time.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Edible Frozen Chicken Parts / Trained Security/guard Dog For Sale / Neapolitan Mastiff Puppies Available (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.