Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker (2040 Views)

Check out this Conversation Between GTB And A Jobseeker On Twitter / Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware / See Ds Interesting Thread I Saw On Twitter,Shows Reality Of Life As A JobSeeker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 11:39am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas to everyone...

Well, traveling doesn't suit my budget at the present- Yeah, I am too broke. Hence, I will spending my Christmas at home all alone,(I actually don't mind the fact, but I feel it's because am too proud to visit the family without one offer letter)

Well, this is what my December 25 schedule is like

12am- Been reading for the past one hour, Read Chapter 11 of Pipe Drafting and Design (by Roy A. Parisher and Robert A. Rhea), Chapters 7,8,9,10 of Process Plant Layout and Piping Design (by Ed Bausbacher and Roger Hunt)...

Slept off on the first page of the last chapter, woke up 7:22am

7:22-8:30am- Cleaned up the house, myself and sent out Merry Christmas messages...

8:30am - Nairaland Job sections, Jobberman, Ngcareers, RigZone, PushCv, Hotnigerianjobs, mylelojobs, shuffling back and forth on my GMail to send applications...

It just feels wrong spending Christmas on Jobberman
embarassed

Anyways Light came, so dumping whatever I might have planned to work on ISODRAFT on PDMS.

10:58am - GMAT practice

11:10am - My mind ain't together in one place, hmmmm.... IT'S well ooo.
Nairaland.com to open the thread

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by ambassadorgozie(m): 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
Chaiii, OP we are together..

Doing d exact tin here in lag..
Suppose to be in villa now..

E gona be well!
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
Thanks mod

Anyways....
Got banned by anti-spam bot so I dropped the phone and resumed GMAT practice

Time is 12pm, and am just gonna go down the street to get Bread to eat, because it's Starting to seem like I am getting hungry tongue

1:03pm - I saw this interesting manual in my pile, Internal Combustion Engines... I mean it's so loaded with goodies, learnt one or two new stuffs. who knows what aspect of Mechanical Engineering God will bless me with a Job with. Funny thing is I could swear I never touched this book then in Uni even though it was the recommended text for a 3units course. All I was consuming then were Past Questions.

2:13pm - The girl buzzed on why I didn't send even a text nor call to wish her a good Christmas, and it just occurred to me that I didn't..... I am totally not myself today

3pm- I am hungry again just exactly the time the neighbors brought rice and chicken, I ate it all

3:30pm - back to Jobberman, and the likes, heads back to nairaland jobs just in time to see that I am unbanned and post this

1 Like

Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
ambassadorgozie:
Chaiii, OP we are together..

Doing d exact tin here in lag..
Suppose to be in villa now..

E gona be well!
Amen ooo
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by shepherd77: 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
cheesy
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by missKiffy(f): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
It is well
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by XXX5(m): 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
odihack... finish up Sir... God bless ur hustle.
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
It's 4:30, and I just closed the last tab of browser open, headed to the fridge and treated myself to a very chilled Long Throat bottle that the neighbors brought over... Merry Christmas to me

Whatsapp Job chatroom posted a Welding Job over at PH - Well that mean celebrations= definitely over for me. Lemme go dust my American Welding Society certificate in Shielded Metal Arc Welding, that thing actually carries an Expert Level III certification and am still jobless. God, wetin else man go do.

5:00pm - Brushing up on my welding theory, who knows maybe they will invite someone for interview on Monday

5:21pm - Lil cousin just called to wish me merry Christmas and remind me of her birthday, actually more to remind me that there will be no greater sin on earth than me not getting her a gift on Sunday. Tor!!!

5:28pm - Padiman just called me to come flex am same way he go flex me for Eid... I Sha Don hear

5:35pm - another phone call, God- is satan sending these people not to allow me read? Phone definitely going on Airplane Mode

6:30pm - Gosh, time Don go reach like this Put on data, and got a mail from mailer Daemon! My application for the Welder position didn't deliver, my morale at the lowest possible level

6:45pm - Back to finish up the new design I learnt for designing Pump discharge on PDMS, it actually increases the pipe length but accommodates thermal expansion better. Had to revise twice because I forgot about Reducers, twice!!!

7:23pm - Jobberman and Co login time, in my head like who knows when they'll post that dream job that they put on for 15minutes

8:30pm - am hungry, no food.... Well till tomorrow, I have eaten twice already

8:32pm - Put a call to the family and spoke to the five of them , I know say one day I go make them proud

8:45pm - trying out practice tests app, doesn't seem bad for GMAT

Power Nap disturbed by the call from the girl, Chaiii!!! I still didn't send the poem I copied from Google yet. Why do I seem to forget everything I want to do for this girl today, and she isn't asking for too much fa, this is bad But she actually seemed happy just talking to me, she was literally blushing just from speaking with me, God, I don't believe I deserve her, when my mates dey take their girls to shop rite and cinemas....

9:40pm - Nairaland jor, cause right now I don't feel like doing anything

1 Like

Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
missKiffy:
It is well
I key in to that ma
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
XXX5:
odihack... finish up Sir... God bless ur hustle.

Amen oooo.... And may God double your success sir
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 11:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Well it's almost midnight when Christmas is officially over... And I pray the next Christmas journal won't be of a jobseeker.

Merry Christmas to you all

1 Like

Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by EkeBarry(m): 12:01am On Dec 26, 2015
Wunt say exactly similar wit mine cus it has jus bi me,my pilow nd bed,tankGod I evn managed2baff...I wl share my testimony vry soon!
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 12:07am On Dec 26, 2015
EkeBarry:
Wunt say exactly similar wit mine cus it has jus bi me,my pilow nd bed,tankGod I evn managed2baff...I wl share my testimony vry soon!

LOL at managed to bath.... I know the feeling

I trust God will grant all our heart desires soon enough.
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by ZLUK(f): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2015
You dey suffer from depression take it. Or leave it
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by engineergifto: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2015
odihack:
Well it's almost midnight when Christmas is officially over... And I pray the next Christmas journal won't be of a jobseeker.

Merry Christmas to you all
This will be your last christmas as a job seeker if you stay on track like you did yesterday. The lord will reward the fruit of your labour.

1 Like

Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by Discipleship(m): 11:06am On Dec 26, 2015
Coming year we all shall be alive to give our state moveable testimonies..pls don't bother to click like once don't believed.

2 Likes

Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
engineergifto:

This will be your last christmas as a job seeker if you stay on track like you did yesterday. The lord will reward the fruit of your labour.

Amen,... Thanks for the best wishes, God will surely bless you too
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
Discipleship:
Coming year we all shall be alive to give our state moveable testimonies..pls don't bother to click like once don't believed.

Amen jare
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
ZLUK:
You dey suffer from depression take it. Or leave it

Maybe I will leave it
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
Got an offer letter yesterday... Thank God

5 Likes

Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by Dahveydson(m): 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
odihack:
Got an offer letter yesterday... Thank God

Congratulations man!
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by jashar(f): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
Last minute miracle...

Congrats bro....
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
Dahveydson:

Congratulations man!
jashar:
Last minute miracle...

Congrats bro....
Thanks ooo, I was quite surprised though... I already closed my hopes for 2015
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
Jesus Cares

1 Like

Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
I will be resuming next week as a Field Engineer, Even though it's not the dream O&G job and the monthly take home is just almost 6digits, gross is 6 digits ....i am glad that I won't be starting 2016 jobless. Considering that I finished service in October, I am really happy...

I am not even doubting God bringing better one even very very very soon.

Guys please keep the hopes alive, big things coming in 2016.
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
For those sending me pms for the GMAT practice questions I use...
Download an updated one here from Google Drive - Kaplan GMAT Premier
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0vdR_jt9M--TFJMeHo0MXp2b3c/edit
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by ZLUK(f): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
Jobless 25th, job 30th.... Abeg which Coy dey use 5 days recruit?? Abeg carry your cock bullshit story go somewhere
Re: My Christmas Celebration As A Jobseeker by odihack: 8:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
ZLUK:
Jobless 25th, job 30th.... Abeg which Coy dey use 5 days recruit?? Abeg carry your cock bullshit story go somewhere

Why the hate naa... Anyways I did the interview 17th

(1) (Reply)

Deloitte Nigeria Recruits Fresh Graduate Customer Service Representatives / Apply For Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment / Maryjane KD Enterprise (saro Lifecare) Entry-level & Exp. Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.