Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. (8976 Views)

Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. / Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) / Nigerian Man Cooks Coconut Rice For His Family So His Wife Can Rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by bebene: 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
She is a graduate and before they got married, he made her promise she will not go for Bank job, But later after the marriage,she got an offer from one of those banks and acaccepted it. seeing the level of her excitement, he allowed her to go for the job. She now doesnt have time to prepare breakfast for the family and mostly come back late. He now hired a19year maid, but the wife said she doesnt want young girl as a maid, she wants elderly woman. And he said he doesnt want elderly woman in his house and gave his wife the option of quitting the job or that young maid continues.....

She now doesnt listen to him, come back around 11pm, if he talk, she will say 'i thought you have a second wife'.

pls what should he do,?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by chocolateme(f): 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
End time wife, she better be careful especially on this new year we are entering.
Oga if you know that this situation is going to get worse in future, I suggest you clip her wings now before she soars higher than the eagle. Terminate that jib of hers, heavens will not fall, with time she will get over it but your family will still be intact

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by VampireeM(f): 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
@ op why dont you want an elderly maid in the house?? Pls give a good reason.. I wont blame your wife for not wanting a young maid. Humans cant be trusted these days sexually..

Your wife's attitude to the issue is very wrong and rebellious.. like she doesnt even care about your new family @ all. it seems something/someone is beginning to influence her. You both need to sit down and ve a heart to heart chat on this issue so as to reach a compromise on what to be done.. if she aint co-operating I think its time to involve a mediator cause I dont see the woman quitting her job esp when there is no alternative for her

9 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by Miami11: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
When did men start picking maids, end time husband

What would be his reason for him not wanting an elderly maid, why can't he make breakfast himself for the kids, some of this bushmen husband masquerades smh,

I only hire elderly women in my house, no young maids for hubby to abuse and impregnate, ( that hubby probably has hidden agenda)

How should she live her job, will he provide all the household needs, I thought the more income in the family the better

The wife is right

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by nnachukz(m): 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
Women surely know how to torment men. Soon the man will bow for peace to reign. Yet we call them weaker vessel. Lord let not my wife turn disobedient and troublesome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by lilmax(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
“and gave his wife the option of quitting the job or that young maid continues “

NICE grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by thorpido(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
The husband cannot just say she should quit her job.Does he have an alternative for her?
The husband should seek a compromise.He should allow the woman choose who she wants as a maid.The wife also should make her husband see reason rather than being rebellious.
On the longer term,she can seek a job that gives her more time.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by Genoma(m): 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
The lady should be very careful with her marriage before any damage is done. As for the man he should seat his wife and talk to her so as for them to make a decision that will favor both. After all, marriage is for better, for worse(please note, I said worse and not worst)
Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by ronald4lif(m): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
I'm interested in knowing if they have kids and why exactly does he (or they) need a maid.

I think the marriage has broken down and they should initiate the process of splitting before it becomes violent.

The woman isn't ready to give up her job and the man is adamant to get an elderly maid. And for the woman to start coming that late means she may have given up on the union so I see no reason why it should subsist further.

I won't advice the woman to give up her job just so she can perform 'wifely' duties. The both aren't mutually elusive and she's got a career to sustain.

Neither will I advice the man to go for an elderly maid even though he can afford one and to be quite frank he's in a better position to put an end to the issue. His insistence of a young maid is a calculated attempt to bring the wife to submission and coerced her to give up her job. I detest intimidation and if I were the wife I'd stand my ground, sorry.

They should be bold enough to embrace a separation or divorce as the case may be.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by agarawu23(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
That bank job is a NO go area for my wife.
If she like make she read all the whole book for this world with masters and thousands of degrees, she will end up having her own business where she can close or go to shop any fvcking time. If you aren't pleased with my principal, go for another guy. Simple as ABC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by thorpido(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
^^^Will you raise funds for the business for her?
Not everyone is cut out for business anyway@agarawu23.

ronald4lif,it's too early to start insinuating divorce.

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by Tallesty1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
Miami11:
When did men start picking maids, end time husband

I only hire elderly women in my house, no young maids for hubby to abuse and impregnate,

The wife is right
You and the wife are wrong.
Miami11:

I'm not wrong I don't hire anyone young in my house, my mom gets me those village women her age that need help, all they do is primarily take care of kids and very little house work, me and hubby do chores together

I like older women because they are mature, hubby will never sleep with them embarassed you can never mistreat a person your moms age so your conscious is always right.

There she goes again! Why do you make the thing that works for you and your hubby the standard 4 all?

You want other married folk to start doing them because it works for you right?

Listen, the Op's wife is chasing after wind, you don't run fast in a wrong lane, it is useless.

First, she agreed to never take a banking job but when the job came and the hubby saw how excited she was, he compromised.

The woman if she has common sense ought to know that she has to make up for it in a way. I believe what is happening now is the reason the man never wanted her to take a banking job.

My dear, she has failed woefully on her primary duties, did you read that she doesn't arrange breakfast nor come home on time?

Now lemme ask you.

What is her duty as a wife?

And which one is she doing?

One thing women need to understand is that your home comes first before work.

If you're successful at work but your home is a mess then you have failed in your primary duty as a married person.

This woman failed woefully and therefore have no right to form opinion on how the man handles the home.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by Tallesty1(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
lilmax:
“and gave his wife the option of quitting the job or that young maid continues “

NICE grin
He's a man alright
Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by agarawu23(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
thorpido:
Not everyone is cut out for business anyway@agaraw u23.

ronald 4lif,it's too early to start insinuating divorce.
ofcus I am 100% ready for that.

I just can't take a carrier lady as a wife, she must create time to give our kids motherly training. she should leave me for the hustle.

Ask them how much them dey pay for the mumu bank sef and you will work like jakki morning till night
Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by Tallesty1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
thorpido:
The husband cannot just say she should quit her job.Does he have an alternative for her?
The husband should seek a compromise.He should allow the woman choose who she wants as a maid.The wife aso should make her husband see reason rather than being rebellious.
On the longer term,she can seek a job that gives her more time.
Your point exactlyundecided

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by ronald4lif(m): 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
thorpido:
Not everyone is cut out for business anyway@agarawu 23.

ronald4 lif,it's too early to start insinuating divorce.

I agree divorce is too early. They can amicably come to a truce or separate for a while until all frayed nerves are calm. Else, it might get to emotional blackmail, verbal attack and violent.
Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by thorpido(m): 6:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
Tallesty1:
Your point exactlyundecided
Vous ne comprenez pas?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by thorpido(m): 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
agarawu23:
ofcus I am 100% ready for that.

I just can't take a carrier lady as a wife, she must create time to give our kids motherly training. she should leave me for the hustle.

Ask them how much them dey pay for the mumu bank sef and you will work like jakki morning till night
Nice one.It's all about compromise and working for each other.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by agarawu23(m): 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
thorpido:
Nice one.It's all about compromise and working for each other.
yes bro.
Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by Tallesty1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
thorpido:
Vous ne comprenez pas?
Sil vous plait pouvez-vous me faire comprendre? Je ne lis pas tout.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by Miami11: 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
Tallesty1:
You are the wife are wrong.

I'm not wrong I don't hire anyone young in my house, my mom gets me those village women her age that need help, all they do is primarily take care of kids and very little house work, me and hubby do chores together

I like older women because they are mature, hubby will never sleep with them embarassed you can never mistreat a person your moms age so your conscious is always right.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by Miami11: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by byvan03: 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2015
Lol,your wife is funny, you brought a 19years old to intimidate her but you see, you can't give everyone conditions. Send this girl away first of all, sit her down and talk like a matured individual. Power tussle is a dangerous thing in a marriage, you won't know when you have flipped on the wrong switch. Dialogue saves lot of trouble, try a sensible dialogue session but send home the teen.

Wanting a teenage help tells a lot about you. she doesn't even trust you and that is why she is holding tenaciously unto her job than quit to serve you breakfasts.

11 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by ifyalways(f): 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
When two ego tripping over sabis marry. . .

None is ready to compromise , make a bit of sacrifice and resolve issues as adults.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by slap1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
How many banks does she work in to return that late? If you are able to provide for the family, let her quit the job and you get something else for her. These things make single guys like us scared. Good girl gone bad, always.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by tpiar: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by johnson232: 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
agarawu23:
If you aren't pleased with my principles, go for another guy. Simple as ABC
talk of a real man...

i salute u sir... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by agarawu23(m): 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
johnson232:

talk of a real man...

i salute u sir... smiley
cool

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by Omotayor123(f): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
She already tell him what to do!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by thorpido(m): 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
Tallesty1:
Sil vous plait pouvez-vous me faire comprendre? Je ne lis pas tout.
In summary,they are married.They should compromise and work for each other.
The man can't just tell her to quit her job,her parents sent her to school for a reason.The wife also should not be heady.She has to see reason with her husband.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by iupac120: 7:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
ronald4lif:
I'm interested in knowing if they have kids and why exactly does he (or they) need a maid.

I think the marriage has broken down and they should initiate the process of splitting before it becomes violent.

The woman isn't ready to give up her job and the man is adamant to get an elderly maid. And for the woman to start coming that late means she may have given up on the union so I see no reason why it should subsist further.

I won't advice the woman to give up her job just so she can perform 'wifely' duties. The both aren't mutually elusive and she's got a career to sustain.

Neither will I advice the man to go for an elderly maid even though he can afford one and to be quite frank he's in a better position to put an end to the heist. His insistence of a young maid is a calculated attempt to bring the wife to submission and coerced her to give up her job. I detest intimidation and if I were the wife I'd stand my ground, sorry.

They should be bold enough to embrace a separation or divorce as the case may be.

why advocating for divorce?
Is career greater than a sustainable and peaceful marriage?

Money is not the end but a means to an end!
They should find a common ground to settle their divergent cravings.
Sometimes I wonder what our generation is turning into, where divorce is a norm and fornication is a must-do for the youths.
No more conscience to humanity, but to fill their flesh with anything associated with pleasure.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. by ronald4lif(m): 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
iupac120:

why advocating for divorce?
Is career greater than a sustainable and peaceful marriage?

Money is not the end but a means to an end!
They should find a common ground to settle their divergent cravings.
Sometimes I wonder what our generation is turning into, where divorce is a norm and fornication is a must-do for the youths.
No more conscience to humanity, but to fill their flesh with anything associated with pleasure.

You should have done better to proffer a remedy to the quandary than bickering about which is better between marriage and a career. None should be substituted to the other regardless of which you consider better. What you assume to be better isn't same for another.

While I have admitted that divorce is a premature option at this time but I would maintain it shouldn't be dismissed if they can't arrive at a solution. Divorce isn't sacrilegious nor a taboo and the best approach for any couple with irreconcilable differences and I don't know what's your problem with divorce.

Your rhetorics about fornication is frivolous as I don't know what that means outside the perimeters of religion. And it might also interest you to know that not everyone is religious thus not bound by it teachings.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them / ***Home Items For Sale!!*** / Help In Choosing A Suitable Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.