Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) (31021 Views)

Robbers Shoot Man Dead For Refusing To Give Them His Phone (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbers Shoot Man Dead Inside A Lexus Jeep In Owerri (Graphic Pics) / Man & Son Shot Dead In Taraba, Wife Shot On The Thigh (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by Islie: 7:48am On Dec 26, 2015
Mudiaga Affe, Calabar

A Calabar-based business magnate (name withheld) and his son have been shot in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, after an armed robbery operation in the victim’s resident that lasted for more than three hours.

The victims, who reside along the MCC Road in Calabar, were said to be recuperating from the gun wounds they sustained during the attack.

A close family source, Adah Igwe, disclosed that the man owned a filing station around the vicinity.

She told Southern City News on Friday that the robbers gained access to the building after they had succeeded in disarming the security guard.

Igwe said, “The incident happened in the early hours of Thursday, between 1am and 4am. The bandits first tied up the security guard and seized his phone before they proceeded to the house which shares a perimeter fence with the fuel station.

“When they came, they shot through the door and later through the window which they broke and came in through it.”

She also added that a stray bullet pierced through the window hitting the son in the leg while the father was shot after the robbers gained entry through the window.

Igwe also alleged that after about three hours of operation, the robbers left with “small cash” as they could not find “whatever it was that they were looking for.”
The victims were later admitted at an undisclosed private clinic where they underwent surgery to extract pellets from their legs.

It was observed during a visit to the building that the house was being renovated as welders were seen fixing the broken metal works.

Also noticeable were shattered glasses where the bullets went through and a part where one round lodged in the wall.
It was learnt that the State Housing Police Division had visited and collected statements, but had yet to confirm the extent of investigation.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. John Eluu, said he had yet to be briefed on the incident.

“I am yet aware of that attack, but I will find out and get back to you,” he said.

www.punchng.com/robbers-shoot-man-son-in-calabar/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by INTROVERT(f): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2015
No life was lost abi? Thank God.

24 Likes

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by Swaggzkid: 7:51am On Dec 26, 2015
I wish him speedy recovery.........

the poster above me needs to be wiped. Wetin Him Smoke?

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by jairusben(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2015
U succed in robbing,,yet u wan pull triger,,lst week d adjacent compound nxt too mine was robbed,,and the robbers were like we must drop sumbody and shot my nigga,,,thankGod no life was lost sha

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by kelvyn7: 8:01am On Dec 26, 2015
shocked
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by StefanSalvatore: 8:06am On Dec 26, 2015
Worst Christmas ever 4 d pair, wish dem speedy recovery.

Devil punish all these robbers making other people's lyf miserable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by orobs93(m): 8:07am On Dec 26, 2015
Robbers
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:10am On Dec 26, 2015
cry

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by freshness2020: 8:16am On Dec 26, 2015
My Joy is that both are still alive.. No matter how cheap evil is, none of my family and friends will be able to afford it. That shall be your prayer also. Amen.

15 Likes

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by miqos02(m): 11:03am On Dec 26, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by ERONX(m): 11:03am On Dec 26, 2015
Speedy recovery I pray none of us will die in this 2015 we will witness 2016 and many more years to come....Hit the like button to claim it grin

23 Likes

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by cutebobo(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2015
Sorry ooo
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by daftpikin: 11:06am On Dec 26, 2015
Their house shares a perimeter fence with the filling station. Isn't that risky??

BTW I'm tired of always seeing news about robberies especially those that last for hours.

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by Donpressman(m): 11:06am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by systemz(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2015
U don't disclose names but u do pictures.
Any point in that?

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by Lordmykel(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2015
oh my... MCC road? calabar has been peaceful for a big while. I live here in Cali town yet I find things happening close to me online.

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by lewisacid(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2015
Ok..shoot
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by bastien: 11:07am On Dec 26, 2015
Eya
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by omoijesa(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2015
What a world....nemesis will surely catch on the robbers soon
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by PrinceChester: 11:08am On Dec 26, 2015
Thank God they survived....
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by xender(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2015
-:\
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by Ekhemini(m): 11:09am On Dec 26, 2015
Names withheld but pictures released. Wish them speedy recovery.
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by dammykrane(m): 11:10am On Dec 26, 2015
I smell.Scarcity of moni
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by Kangol99(m): 11:10am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by helphelp: 11:10am On Dec 26, 2015
Heal quick in Jesus name..

Robber meet ur end in Jesus name
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by sotall(m): 11:11am On Dec 26, 2015
ok
Re: Robbers Shoot Man, Son In Calabar (pictured) by Pillars1(m): 11:12am On Dec 26, 2015
I wish them quick recovery

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibedaowei, Chiefson Awululu Attacked In Bayelsa State - Graphic Photos / Ejike Okoye Arrested With Drug In Philippines / "I Was Shot At Twice But Nothing Happened"; Man Attacked By Armed Robbers.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.