Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Nigeria: INC Demands Implementation Of UNEP Report On Ogoniland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: INC Demands Implementation Of UNEP Report On Ogoniland (272 Views)

Ogonis Voted Massively For APC Because Of UNEP Report Implementation / UNEP Report: Amaechi Refused Having A Handshake With Wike (photos / Ogoni Hails Buhari On Implementation Of UNEP On Ogoniland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: INC Demands Implementation Of UNEP Report On Ogoniland by kodded(m): 8:50am On Dec 26, 2015
The Ijaw National Congress (INC), has called on the Federal Government to implement the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report on Ogoniland and other affected oil producing communities. This is contained in a communiqué issued on Thursday by the INC at the end of its two-day Retreat and Stakeholders Summits held in Warri, Delta. INC also demanded that issues bordering on the take- off of the Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Warri South- West Local Government Area of Delta be addressed urgently. The congress chaired by Chief Edwin Clark also demanded that ethnic nationalities should form the basis of a true Nigerian federation. While pledging support to the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, the INC urged the Federal Government to address the issue of insecurity in the country. The INC bemoaned the inability of the government to address the negative impact of oil exploration on health, economy, culture and environment of the Ijaw people. The Secretary-General of INC, Mr Bibobra Orubebe said the summit had afforded the people better understanding of the Presidential Amnesty Programme in all its ramifications. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that more than 1,000 Ijaw men, women, and youths drawn from 78 Ijaw clans, traditional institutions, professional and socio-political bodies among others attended the event.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201512240839.html
Re: Nigeria: INC Demands Implementation Of UNEP Report On Ogoniland by Herald47: 9:05am On Dec 26, 2015
This was what saro wiwa fought for but unfortunately he was executed
Re: Nigeria: INC Demands Implementation Of UNEP Report On Ogoniland by iykebest1(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2015
My chicken jumped outta my veranda yesterday. If u see any straying Chicken, be kind to mention me.

I paid a lot for that god damned chicken

(1) (Reply)

Http://www.muscleperfect.com/blackcore-edge/ / Good Cheats / That Will Answers Provides Essentially Keybiotics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.