Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,910 members, 7,866,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

We Are In Charge. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are In Charge. (689 Views)

Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed / "Pastor Was Fully In Charge Of The LovePeddler-house!!!"---police Officers / This Lady Proves Heaven Is Real And That Jesus Is In-charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are In Charge. by ichuka(m): 9:43am On Dec 26, 2015
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore, as you go, disciple people in all nations. (Matthew 28:18,19 ISV)

But who is to go? It is the Church, and His irreducible nucleus of the Church is two. It is a corporate thing, the bringing of the significance of the Body into view. When there is a functioning in the Spirit, it is nothing less than Christ risen, ascended and exalted, going on with His work through His Body, with all those limitations dismissed. That is tremendous! It is either true, or it is not true. If it is true, it is an immense thing. If it is not, well, what fools we are! But here it is, and, oh! that the Church might learn more of what it means to be in living union with a risen Christ! That there should be a company, two or three or more, though limited physically here on this earth by time and space, yet really functioning in the Holy Spirit, so that the universal Christ – all that it means that He is there at God’s right hand – is having some expression! I would to God that this could come home to you by the Spirit and that you could grasp it, for what differences it would make! We have a long way to go yet before this is appreciated adequately. But it is true!

When you touch these things, human language is a vain instrument for expression. “The exceeding greatness of His power” – the superlatives in this realm! Oh, for this enlargement by a new apprehension of the greatness of Christ in His Person, in His death, in His resurrection! Well, then, the supreme thing the New Testament shows is that the Church on its true, spiritual basis corresponds to Christ risen. Not "the Church" that we know here on earth, for it does not. But God’s thought about the Church is not an impossible and merely idealistic one. It is a practical thing. Two saints, simple, humble and unimportant in this world, but really meeting together in the Spirit, can be a functioning instrument of Him to whom has been committed all authority in heaven and on earth. With them all these old limitations can be dismissed and they can at one moment touch all the ends of the earth. Do you believe that? That is really the meaning of our glorying in Christ risen. It has to be something more than emotion, and more than glorious doctrine; yes, more than a truth to which we give some assent.... If it is true that we are one with a risen, enthroned Lord, it ought to have tremendous repercussions. May it be so!
Re: We Are In Charge. by An2elect2(f): 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
smileysmiley
Re: We Are In Charge. by ichuka(m): 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
An2elect2:
smileysmiley
You are on track grin
Re: We Are In Charge. by An2elect2(f): 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
ichuka:

You are on track grin
cheesy Did you get my reply?
Re: We Are In Charge. by ichuka(m): 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
An2elect2:
cheesy Did you get my reply?
No
Re: We Are In Charge. by An2elect2(f): 7:46am On Dec 09, 2016
ichuka:

No
Lol. My mail is not working then...
Re: We Are In Charge. by ichuka(m): 10:18am On Dec 09, 2016
An2elect2:
Yeah I believe so
Re: We Are In Charge. by An2elect2(f): 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
ichuka:

You are on track grin
Remember me in your prayers dear brother, i have been ill
Re: We Are In Charge. by ichuka(m): 12:23am On Dec 10, 2016
An2elect2:
Pm me
Re: We Are In Charge. by ichuka(m): 12:52am On Dec 10, 2016
An2elect2:
Try it again
Re: We Are In Charge. by ichuka(m): 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
An2elect2:
Since ur pm is not working let me have ur name
Presumed you are better now
Re: We Are In Charge. by An2elect2(f): 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2016
ichuka:

Since ur pm is not working let me have ur name
Presumed you are better now
Yes i am quite fine now.
I sent you a pm already, check your mail
Re: We Are In Charge. by ichuka(m): 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
An2elect2:
Yes i am quite fine now.
I sent you a pm already, check your mail
Check ur pm

(1) (Reply)

How TB Joshua Predicted Indonesia Attacks Four Days Earlier / Nigerian Prominent Pastor Elijah Taiwo Abiara: Prayer / HMMMMM……….I AM THAT I AM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.