Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah (2689 Views)

Jesus, God,/ Allah Explained. See Where We Differ / Who Is GOD - Allah, Jesus OR Eminem? / These Differences Between God And Allah Will Shoke You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by tartar9(m): 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
analice107:

Don't just call us dullards. Say it how it is. Is it TRUE OR FALSE? I mean what the Op said.
ask your lying op what makes them true
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by Readwarn(m): 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
ifenes:

You are buying into self created programs not being programmed by anyone. There are many programms going on when you turn on your TV, which of course you decide your preference. The human mind is unlimited, it has no limit to what it can imagine.

The programmer is you.

what do you mean self created programs?
I bet You don't understand what it is urself.
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by ifenes(m): 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
OFFICIAL336:

Deep down you, u knw u are deceiving urself. We tried all those shit and got tired becos the only truth is that ur soul craves for a union with its creator. For every action there is a cause (according to physics). I don't care wht u call that cause, that cause is wht ur soul craves to be at peace with. That cause is what I call God. Therefore, there is GOD.

The God which is you.

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by ifenes(m): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Readwarn:

what do you mean self created programs?
I bet You don't understand what it is urself.

I cannot teach what you need to learn yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by analice107: 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
ifenes:

You are not intelligent enough to know there is no god.
Do you hear how stupid you sound? You are very intelligent right? prove that God does not exist.

the stupid idea that Satan puts in ur head to make u believe that if you say God doesn't exist that makes you intelligent is the stupidest joke I have ever come across.

IFENESS, YOU OF ALL THE FOOLS I HAVE MET HERE, ARE THE CHIEFEST OF ALL THE CLOWNS.
SERIOUSLY, YOU ARE ROYAL JESTER.
Stop this ridiculousness.
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by analice107: 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
tartar9:
ask your lying op what makes them true

point out the lies in the op.
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by ifenes(m): 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
analice107:

Do you hear how stupid you sound? You are very intelligent right? prove that God does not exist.

the stupid idea that Satan puts in ur head to make u believe that if you say God doesn't exist that makes you intelligent is the stupidest joke I have ever come across.

IFENESS, YOU OF ALL THE FOOLS I HAVE MET HERE, ARE THE CHIEFEST OF ALL THE CLOWNS.
SERIOUSLY, YOU ARE ROYAL JESTER.
Stop this ridiculousness.

Your god is an anunaki(flesh and blood),not omnipotent or a spirit. That is the simplest way I could put it. If I were you I would make research on that rather than fight someone who is giving you a clue.

It is your problem if you decide to remain the way you are,not mine.

I think the fool is the one who pays lots of offering and tithes without anything to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by Readwarn(m): 9:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
ifenes:

I cannot teach what you need to learn yourself.
if I get u right You mean the human mind is the so called "self created programs" of which humans can choose from preferably.
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by ifenes(m): 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
Readwarn:
if I get u right You mean the human mind is the so called "self created programs" of which humans can choose from preferably.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by Readwarn(m): 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
ifenes:

Exactly
As a fan of physics, Is there any explanation(like an hypothesis) to Why and How the Self creation occur.
Like What Induces/Causes this self creation?
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by ifenes(m): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
Readwarn:
As a fan of physics, Is there any explanation(like an hypothesis) to Why and How the Self creation occur.
Like What Induces/Causes this self creation?

As a fan of physics or as a person who is experiencing a physical reality, You are experiencing multiple(unlimited) realities at the same time. Everything burn down to One Particle experiencing itself in unlimited ways.

For me there is no cause of self creation since creation itself is an illusion. The physical is only a projection of the mind.

I will encourage you to Google this; Atoms can be in two places at the same time. Also take a look at Parallel Universe. Take is gradually and then you will understand better yourself. It will be too much if I tried to explain them in my own language.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by aob2882: 4:15am On Dec 28, 2015
Nawa4nl:
[size=14pt]God & Allah are different, here are some of the differences[/size]

What you guys fail to understand is that the more you comment about Islam the more the deep thinkers and knowledgeable people are reverting to Islam.

I will Insha Allah make corrections on some of verses of the Holy Quran which Ignorantly Quoted.

Nawa4nl:

1] God cannot Lie but allah is the greatest deceiver
Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie

Surah 3:54
Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers

The context of Quran 3:54 is that of the disbelievers plotting to kill Jesus (p). Allah prevents their plans by putting in place a plan of His own – Allah saved Jesus (p) from the harmful plans of the disbelievers. So again, from the context you can see it’s referring to planning/plotting/ and not deceiving!

Quran 3:54 "And they (disbelievers) plotted (to kill Iesa (Jesus) ), and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners."

No translator uses the word deceiving deceive, deceiver or deceivers. In fact they all indicate Allah is the best of planners. I have highlighted 4 English translations from Muslims and 4 from non-Muslims.

you can see all the translators (including the non-Muslims of Sale, Palmer, Arberry and Rodwell) refer to planning in some way. Nobody is mentioning ‘deceiving’. Palmer uses the word crafty which in turn is a reference to planning (definition clever and scheming)

Pickthall

And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.

Yusuf Ali

And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and God too planned, and the best of planners is God.

Hilali-Khan

And they (disbelievers) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus)], and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners.

Shakir

And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.

Arberry

And they devised, and God devised, and God is the best of devisers.

Palmer

But they (the Jews) were crafty, and God was crafty, for God is the best of crafty ones!

Rodwell

And the Jews plotted, and God plotted: But of those who plot is God the best.

Sale

And [the Jews] devised a stratagem [against him]; but God devised a stratagem [against them]; and God is the best deviser of stratagems.
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by aob2882: 4:33am On Dec 28, 2015
Nawa4nl:
[size=14pt]God & Allah are different, here are some of the differences[/size]

What you guys fail to understand is that the more you comment about Islam the more the deep thinkers and knowledgeable people are reverting to Islam.

I will Insha Allah make corrections on some of verses of the Holy Quran which YOU Ignorantly Quoted.

Nawa4nl:

1] God cannot Lie but allah is the greatest deceiver
Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie

Surah 3:54
Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers

The context of Quran 3:54 is that of the disbelievers plotting to kill Jesus (p). Allah prevents their plans by putting in place a plan of His own – Allah saved Jesus (p) from the harmful plans of the disbelievers. So again, from the context you can see it’s referring to planning/plotting/ and not deceiving!

Quran 3:54 "And they (disbelievers) plotted (to kill Iesa (Jesus) ), and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners."

No translator uses the word deceiving deceive, deceiver or deceivers. In fact they all indicate Allah is the best of planners. I have highlighted 4 English translations from Muslims and 4 from non-Muslims.

you can see all the translators (including the non-Muslims of Sale, Palmer, Arberry and Rodwell) refer to planning in some way. Nobody is mentioning ‘deceiving’. Palmer uses the word crafty which in turn is a reference to planning (definition clever and scheming)

Pickthall

And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.

Yusuf Ali

And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and God too planned, and the best of planners is God.

Hilali-Khan

And they (disbelievers) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus)], and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners.

Shakir

And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.

Arberry

And they devised, and God devised, and God is the best of devisers.

Palmer

But they (the Jews) were crafty, and God was crafty, for God is the best of crafty ones!

Rodwell

And the Jews plotted, and God plotted: But of those who plot is God the best.

Sale

And [the Jews] devised a stratagem [against him]; but God devised a stratagem [against them]; and God is the best deviser of stratagems.

Nawa4nl:

allah cannot heals so hates them
SURA 8:22
Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the deaf, the dumb,

Quran 8:22 "Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allaah are the deaf and dumb who do not use reason."

The fact that Allaah, The Almighty, says that He does not guide the disbelievers and the defiantly disobedient people, does not at all contradict the fact that He says that He guides whomever He wills. Allaah, The Almighty, guides whomever He wills from the disbelievers whom He knows that if they know the truth they will follow it. As for the disbelievers whom Allaah, The Almighty, has told that He does not guide, they are those who Allaah knows that if they know the truth they will not follow it, and thus they are not among those whom Allaah wills to guide.

Nawa4nl:

SURA 2:17-18
Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them in darkness,
where they cannot see, Deaf, dumb and blind.

Quran 2:17-18“Their case is similar to the case of one who kindled a light. When it (the light) illumined all around him, Allah took away the light from their eyes, and left them in darkness– they do not see.
They are deaf, dumb, and blind. They won’t return.”
The verse shows that at the beginning they wanted to be enlightened with the divine instructions. But, when the instructions bring out the truths they are discomforted, what makes them disregard them and turn to darkness. They make themselves deaf, dumb, and blind. They don’t want to hear, see or speak about the truths. And they won’t return.

Nawa4nl:

ALLAH TELLS MUSLIMS TO BEAT THEIR WIVES

Qur'an (38:44) -
"And take in your hand a green branch
AND BEAT HER WITH IT,

Qur'an (4:34) -
"Men are the maintainers of women because
Allah has made some of them to
....... BEAT THEM;

“And take in the hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (the oath).” (38:44)

The main problem comes from the word iDRiBuhunna, which has traditionally been translated as “beat them.” The root of this word is DaRaBa. If you look at any Arabic dictionary, you will find a long list of meanings ascribed to this word. In fact, you will find that that list is one of the longest lists in your Arabic dictionary. It can be said that DaRaBa is the number-one multiple-meaning word in Arabic. It has so many different meanings; we can find numerous different meanings ascribed to it in the Quran.

To travel, to get out: 3:156; 4:101; 38:44; 73:20; 2:273
To strike: 2:60,73; 7:160; 8:12; 20:77; 24:31; 26:63; 37:93; 47:4
To beat: 8:50; 47:27
To set up: 43:58; 57:13
To give (examples): 14:24,45; 16:75,76,112; 18:32,45; 24:35; 30:28,58; 36:78; 39:27,29; 43:17; 59:21; 66:10,11
To take away, to ignore: 43:5
To condemn: 2:61
To seal, to draw over: 18:11
To cover: 24:31
To explain: 13:17
As you see, in the Quran alone we can attest to the verb DaRaBa having at least ten different meanings. DaRaBa also has other meanings that are not mentioned in the Quran. For example, in modern Arabic, you do not print money–you DaRaBa money. You do not multiply numbers–you DaRaBa numbers. You do not cease doing work–you DaRaBa doing work. In Turkish, we have many verbs similar to the Arabic DaRaBa, such as Çalmak, which means to play, steal, or strike. In English, we have two verbs that are almost equivalent to DaRaBa. These are “strike” and “beat.” Consider, for the sake of comparison, that Webster’s Dictionary gives fourteen different meanings for the verb “to strike,” and eight for the verb “to beat”! (One strikes a match, strikes a deal, strikes an opponent, strikes gold, goes “on strike” against an unfair employer; one beats another team, beats out a rhythm, beats a retreat, and so on.).

Finding the Appropriate Meaning

Whenever we encounter a multiple-meaning word in the Quran we must select the proper meaning (or meanings) given the context, the Arabic forms, the usage of the same word elsewhere in the Quran, and a certain amount of common sense. For instance, if one were to translate DaRaBa in 13:17 as “beat” (as one could conceivably do), the meaning would be ridiculous:

.” . . God thus beats truth and falsehood…” (13:17)

A more sensitive rendering of the context, however, yields a better translation:

“… God thus explains truth and falsehood…” (13:17)

Another example of mistranslation of DaRaBa can be found in the translation of 38:44. Almost all the translations inject a rather silly story to justify their rendering of the passage. Here is how Yusuf Ali translates the first portion of this verse, which is about Job:

“And take in the hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (the oath).” (38:44)

Yusuf Ali, in the footnote, narrates the traditional story: “He (Job) must have said in his haste to the woman that he would beat her: he is asked now to correct her with only a wisp of grass, to show that he was gentle and humble as well as patient and constant”.

However, without assuming the existence of this strange, male-viewpoint story (which has no other reference in the Quran), we can translate the verse as:

Yusuf Ali
And take in thy hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (thy oath)… (38:44)

Allah prohibits all aggression. To physically beat another person is an act of aggression no matter what justification anyone may have:

“do not transgress, God does not like the aggressors” 2:190

2- Allah commands husbands and wives to treat each other with love and mercy, once again beating up the wife is not a merciful act:
“And from His signs is that He created for you mates from yourselves that you may reside with them, and He placed between you affection and mercy. In that are signs for a people who reflect.” Quran 30:21

3- In Quran 4 which is given the title "Women" and in verse 19 men are told specifically to treat their wives "bil-ma'ruf" which means with kindness. Needless to say, physically beating women does not exactly qualify for anyone's definition of kindness.

Nawa4nl:

ALLAH CANNOT SAVE MOHAMMED OR MUSLIMS, SO HOW CAN ALLAH SAVE YOU?

Sura 46:9 "
NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS).

Quran 46:9 'I am not a novelty, unprecedented, among the messengers, that is to say, [I am not] the first to be sent [by God as His Messenger]. Already many of them have come before me, so how can you deny me? Nor do I know what will be done with me or with you, in this world: will I be made to leave my [native] land, or will I be slain as was done with [some] prophets before me, or will you stone me to death, or will the earth be made to swallow you as [it did] deniers before you? I only follow what is revealed to me, that is, the Qur'ān, and I do not invent anything myself. And I am only a plain warner', one whose warning is plain. (Tafsir Al Jalalayn, Commentary on Surah 46:9)

Ibn Kathir quotes Al Hassan Al Basri explaining the statement "Nor do I know what will be done with me or with you":

أَمَّا فِي الْآخِرَة فَمَعَاذَ اللَّه وَقَدْ عَلِمَ أَنَّهُ فِي الْجَنَّة وَلَكِنْ قَالَ لَا أَدْرِي مَا يُفْعَل بِي وَلَا بِكُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا أُخْرَجُ كَمَا أُخْرِجَتْ الْأَنْبِيَاءُ عَلَيْهِمْ الصَّلَاة وَالسَّلَام مِنْ قَبْلِي ؟ أَمْ أُقْتَلُ كَمَا قُتِلَتْ الْأَنْبِيَاء مِنْ قَبْلِي ؟

وَهَذَا الْقَوْل هُوَ الَّذِي عَوَّلَ عَلَيْهِ اِبْن جَرِير وَأَنَّهُ لَا يَجُوز غَيْره وَلَا شَكَّ أَنَّ هَذَا هُوَ اللَّائِق بِهِ صَلَّى اللَّه عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَإِنَّهُ بِالنِّسْبَةِ إِلَى الْآخِرَة جَازِم أَنَّهُ يَصِير إِلَى الْجَنَّة هُوَ وَمَنْ اِتَّبَعَهُ . وَأَمَّا فِي الدُّنْيَا فَلَمْ يَدْرِ مَا كَانَ يَئُول إِلَيْهِ أَمْره وَأَمْر مُشْرِكِي قُرَيْش إِلَى مَاذَا ؟ أَيُؤْمِنُونَ أَمْ يَكْفُرُونَ فَيُعَذَّبُونَ فَيُسْتَأْصَلُونَ بِكُفْرِهِمْ

As for the Hereafter, I seek refuge in Allah and he (i.e. the Prophet) knew that he was going to paradise, but he said "I don't know what He (i.e. Allah) will do to me and to you in this life. Will I be kicked out just as the Prophets (may Allah bestow His peace and blessings upon them) before me were kicked out? Or would I be killed just as the Prophets before me were killed?"
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by Readwarn(m): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2015
ifenes:

As a fan of physics or as a person who is experiencing a physical reality, You are experiencing multiple(unlimited) realities at the same time. Everything burn down to One Particle experiencing itself in unlimited ways.

For me there is no cause of self creation since creation itself is an illusion. The physical is only a projection of the mind.

I will encourage you to Google this; Atoms can be in two places at the same time. Also take a look at Parallel Universe. Take is gradually and then you will understand better yourself. It will be too much if I tried to explain them in my own language.

You Can't Explain it cos You self don't understand.
Cos You can't make sense of what You're reading.
You can't get it straight,like a riddle that can't be deciphered Except by the Almighty God.
No matter how one cracks his head,At end of d day you'll have to believe in d existence of God.
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by ifenes(m): 3:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Readwarn:

You Can't Explain it cos You self don't understand.
Cos You can't make sense of what You're reading.
You can't get it straight,like a riddle that can't be deciphered Except by the Almighty God.
No matter how one cracks his head,At end of d day you'll have to believe in d existence of God.

I already knew it would be pointless that why I asked you to read. I cannot give much away to someone who has no clue. Read and climb up the ladder yourself.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by analice107: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
ifenes:

Your god is an anunaki(flesh and blood),not omnipotent or a spirit. That is the simplest way I could put it. If I were you I would make research on that rather than fight someone who is giving you a clue.

It is your problem if you decide to remain the way you are,not mine.

I think the fool is the one who pays lots of offering and tithes without anything to show for it.

Ifeness, I can relate with some atheists here, although we share different views about beliefs. But You? Ouch, you make me sick in a strange way.
You are senseless.
Re: Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah by ifenes(m): 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
analice107:

Ifeness, I can relate with some atheists here, although we share different views about beliefs. But You? Ouch, you make me sick in a strange way.
You are senseless.

I seem senseless to you because we are light years apart

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mother Has Been Going To TB Joshua Of Lately / Man Without Head Walks On The Street VIDEO / Does Religion Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.