Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! (11760 Views)

Top Googleplay Apps Made By Nigerians for Nigerians / Wonder Promos – Are GSM Companies Taking Nigerians For A Ride? / 90,000 Mb And 1 Million Sms On Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by cooldud62: 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2009
Now, i know most of these foreign countries who have business interest in Nigeria don't mean well for Nigeria! can someone tell me how Etisalat will come up with such a stupid and unrealizable promo as win $1m Do they think anyone is fooled into believing they will be giving that out to anyone? And even if they are planning to give it out, are they not stupid or crazy to be thinking along that line when there are a lot of infrastructural defects in Nigeria they can assist in making good!

Do all these promos ever get probed? do they go through Enerst Ndukwe's NCC Aren't we being taken for fools? Are the guys in their strategy and planning department so dump that this is what they can come up with? They are obviously sick in that company! Whats wrong with giving free calls everyday from 6pm within their network?

whats wrong with free texts within network everyday?

Don't they have brains?

Can someone please show this to their MD?

I am so much annoyed and i really need someone to tell me to calm down!

What is the NCC doing? I overheard Prof. Dora Akunyili saying the other time that even The NCC man, Ndukwe is arguing for and not against the telecoms coys when it comes to reducing call rates! I'm sure he makes his own calls freely on all network (not too bad for his position), but he should do something good he will be remembered by and not just another guy!

I will feel better if the advert is immediately scrapped off our TVs!
gush!
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by iniguy(m): 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2009
Relax man, this is just a marketing strategy by etisalat, after all they are in this business to maximise profit, i guess we will always have dudes who cannot resist the lure of easy wealth, otherwise if we gsm subscribers collectively choose to ignore
these outrageous offers, the marketers will be forced to come out with better incentives. Leave Dora Akunyili out of this, she does not know a fib about the operations of the telecommunication industry in Nigeria. What is Ernest Ndukwe still doing at NCC? cant we have some younger and more dynamic person there?
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by maddock(m): 12:22am On Jun 11, 2009
cooldud62*:

I am so much annoyed and i really need someone to tell me to calm down!

Guy calm down so that u dont burst a pipe, who takes these promos serious anyway?
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by kablooee: 12:50am On Jun 11, 2009
Honestly, I think the problem is not dora or the Telecom Operators but that stale man called ERNEST NDUKWE. he should have left a long time. he has sold us to them
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by showbobo(m): 1:21am On Jun 11, 2009
U2DV. . . Why u dey agitate na Guy abeg cool down. . . LWKMD grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by mwanamwiwa: 2:41am On Jun 11, 2009
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Nobody: 2:46am On Jun 11, 2009
Etisalat officials are crazy dumb goats!!! shocked
are they this rich?? Stupid Market strat.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by BABE3: 4:10am On Jun 11, 2009
C how poster is vexin, dont u hav nothin 2 worry about??
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by naijacutee(f): 4:41am On Jun 11, 2009
One thing we have to realise is that nobody owes us anything. Etisalat is in business to make a profit - As long as they provide the services you pay for (i.e the line you paid for works), then they are not obligated to fine tune their promos to suit your taste. Any promo they carry out is their business, and if it is real - an added bonus. No one owes you anything you didn't pay for! If you had shares with them, or paid "Promo fees", then you will have a right to get annoyed - If not, pull your thumb out of your mouth and enjoy the good service they already provide.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by chukz4real(m): 7:45am On Jun 11, 2009
Don't mind them. Ernest Ndukwe' eye glasses should be too old at the moment to see this adverts. I suggest NL appoints Cooldud as a replacement.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Jkcarz1: 7:52am On Jun 11, 2009
Lol
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2009
naijacutee:

One thing we have to realise is that nobody owes us anything. Etisalat is in business to make a profit - As long as they provide the services you pay for (i.e the line you paid for works), then they are not obligated to fine tune their promos to suit your taste. Any promo they carry out is their business, and if it is real - an added bonus. No one owes you anything you didn't pay for! If you had shares with them, or paid "Promo fees", then you will have a right to get annoyed - If not, pull your thumb out of your mouth and enjoy the good service they already provide.

@ Naijacutee: O boy/girl, call my number let me send you your big stout. I don't know what is wrong with this slowpoke that is just shouting. Does anyone come along to tell you how to run your business? Make I half if you have contributed N1 to any project in your community or village.

And even if they are planning to give it out, are they not stupid or crazy to be thinking along that line when there are a lot of infrastructural defects in Nigeria they can assist in making good!

Are they the Nigerian government?!!!Like every cowardly Nigerian out there, this buzu is looking for a way to avoid putting the blame where it should lie. Don't be scared eh, go meet your local government chairman,

can someone tell me how Etisalat will come up with such a stupid and unrealizable promo as win $1m

I can authoritatively tell you that MTN makes over a billion Naira a day in revenue, close to N400 million of which is profit. $1 million dollars is only N150 million so that is really change to a telecom company.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by ifyalways(f): 8:40am On Jun 11, 2009
who still takes 9ja promos serious?
@Poster,relax,even 5 year old kids know that 9ja promos and win-win are all Film tricks cheesy
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Kx: 8:44am On Jun 11, 2009
Even if they pay the $1milla eventually,dont we think they do arrangee
with one mallam from one clan in kebbi to show dat indeed it was trully
won without collusion?

I think the whole thing is fake and purely arrangee.

But come to think of it,is amassing wealth thru all series of promo
from "who wants to be a millionaire" to NTA game show dat charges N100 per sms
and this latest $1milla contained in their memo and charter?

Cant the regulatory authority sanction them for going outside thier core business
and principal business activitiies?
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by DeepSoul(f): 8:51am On Jun 11, 2009
Just because we are informed enough to know these promos arent real doesnt mean everyone else is informed.

There are millions of Nigerians in rural areas gullible enough to fall for it.

Just because it's their business doesnt give them the right to run it ANYHOW

There should be rules guiding everything.

Ernest Ndukwe should do smthn jare and stop being the typical Nigerian leader
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by JJYOU: 8:54am On Jun 11, 2009
Kx:

Even if they pay the $1milla eventually,dont we think they do arrangee
with one mallam from one clan in kebbi to show dat indeed it was trully
won without collusion?

I think the whole thing is fake and purely arrangee.

But come to think of it,is amassing wealth thru all series of promo
from "who wants to be a millionaire" to NTA game show dat charges N100 per sms
and this latest $1milla contained in their memo and charter?

Cant the regulatory authority sanction them for going outside thier core business
and principal business activitiies?
truth be told it is a winning startegy.  go check the calls figures they will be printing money as we speak.  it is a tried and tested winning strategy.  there is evidence of newspapers sales going through the roof when the offer just one free old Cd/ DVD offer let alone free hotel accomodations and travels.

good luck to them and hope you all give them your money to make the prize fund.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by zains: 9:04am On Jun 11, 2009
''One thing we have to realise is that nobody owes us anything. Etisalat is in business to make a profit - As long as they provide the services you pay for (i.e the line you paid for works), then they are not obligated to fine tune their promos to suit your taste. Any promo they carry out is their business, and if it is real - an added bonus. No one owes you anything you didn't pay for! If you had shares with them, or paid "Promo fees", then you will have a right to get annoyed - If not, pull your thumb out of your mouth and enjoy the good service they already provide. ''

Remember there is something called ''Business Integrity and Responsibility'' which should be demanded of a multinational like Etisalat but I guess everything is different in Nigeria. There is a Consumer Rights Protection Agency based in Abuja that is supposed to look into these Outrageous promos but all they do there is collect a certain percentage of the cost of the whole promo and voila! you issued a certificate.

If you choose to explain everything away with ''supposedly wise philosophical sayings, then the journey ahead is still long and arduous for Nigeria.

Kudos to the poster for even attempting to question the status quo. Shouldn't we all take a stance of '' Leave no answer unquestioned?''
My 2 cents.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by toideve(m): 9:09am On Jun 11, 2009
i think de r really taking us for fools too, i mean what's wrong with them giving out free calls and sms, the whole thing is a fluke even the 300 free seconds i was entitled has stopped since i migrated to their so called easycliq. I remember de said it was for life. a company that cannot afford to give out 300 seconds every month for life wants to dash out 1million dollars, dem don mad. de av denied me of my only incentive of using them. hisses
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Kx: 9:12am On Jun 11, 2009
JJYOU:

truth be told it is a winning startegy.
Fine JJYOU,it is a winning strategy which works perfectly well.
My grouse is why wont the rugulatory authority guide them to win
in their core business area.
For instance,on NTA,MTN charges N100 per sms when ppl respond to questions as
silly as what is the capital of Bauchi state.
At the end of the day,having received responses from close to 2000 people
(2000 x 100=200,000 ) they dole out just N5000 to a single "winner"(if they ever do) netting N195,000.

Well,though my figures may not be accurate,you ll agree with me these coys are
encroaching the Lagos Lotto approved core activity.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by wanitas(f): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2009
i think d issue is just that it is outrageous, we all know it a fluke and they wont make real their promise but its just amazing that the regulatory authorities allow such in this day and time, but this is naija where everything is done upside down

reminds me of the celtel 15milla promo a while back, lipsrsealed
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Nagoya: 9:30am On Jun 11, 2009
9ja[/color][color=#990000], na ur citizens dey spoil una.
Guys, the most appropriate thing is to stop any deceit whatsoever.
Should we speak as a voice to condemn this trash, it reoccurence in the future will be limited.
Pls ETISALAT, distribute $ 100 ( one hundred U.S. dollars) to 10000 people (ten thousand Nigerians), if u are actually serious in sharing this AWOOF. At least, na the same $1 million
Bros, I think to arrange 10000 people go hard small. But u fit con call me if any arrangee dey. Me self go like feature (sic)
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by kshow1(m): 9:35am On Jun 11, 2009
This is another scam by Etisalat and NCC. There is no way on this planet earth those arabs will give out $1 milla dolls as AWOF like thats.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Bawss1(m): 10:00am On Jun 11, 2009
So the guy who put up this post has beef with Etisalat and Ernest Ndukwe? Here's a suggestion: Set up your own GSM company and then distribute the proceeds from the company to the needy, until then spare us your so called ire.
angry
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by laggchick: 10:05am On Jun 11, 2009
Who uses these dumb network anyway?didnt have enough confidence to come into the system when it was virgin, now they wanna reap bountifully when it has been tested and confirmed, they could go to hell for all i care.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by jorem(m): 10:20am On Jun 11, 2009
I belief everybody has opportunity to trade their businesses the way they like, to me, it's just a form of marketing strategy, so, the choice is yours. Though I support the fact that government should not allow any unrealizable promo.

I'm not a lawyer but I know there are laws pertaining to this act, but who will enforce it?
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by biola44: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2009
@poster: take it easy! cool
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by pek(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2009
what is all this noise about? the promo is neither offensive or otherwise. it is meant to lift sales. if one is not interested in the promo, then let it be.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by abhosts(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2009
No doubt, this thread is borne out of idleness and frustration.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by IFELEKE(m): 10:43am On Jun 11, 2009
Like ify rightly said, no one takes Naija Promos serious again because we don't have any credible regulatory authority to put them in check.
A classic example is the Temptation Nigeria that just began on DSTV, The program has been on in South Africa for a long time now and authorities there made sure the winnings is based on the rand(the currency of the nation) reverse is the case down here as the winnings is solely based on dollars.
So poster, ease your anger, the rot isn't worth your anger.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Redman44(m): 10:48am On Jun 11, 2009
I am not interested in this Promo. Those behind it need to know that Nigeria is not a Fools Paradise angry angry
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by ayoola22: 10:57am On Jun 11, 2009
Why do i feel people are angry cos they did not win MTN 10 million and they feel they wont win again, lol

Will people win, i think so,

Will the company make money , i think so too,

They are in buisness to make money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones / Check Whether Your Mobile Phone Is Original / Charging Issues With Tecno Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.