Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year (33916 Views)

Akwa Ibom Govt Gives Traders 31 Day Ultimatum To Reduce Price Of Foodstuff / Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President / Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by lozanni(m): 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
Blackkie:
I weep for the so called Nigerian youths!
So it has come to the extent that they cannot understand simple information?

Airlines are doing businesses in Nigeria, footing all their bills but cannot take home their profits thus they may reduce the presence due to the dollar restrictions - if you are in their shoes what will you do?

If the western world made it a low that you cannot leave America or Britain with what you have earned in their nation how will Nigerians see it?

From your understanding is this policy not a negative one for Nigerians and our economy?

Can someone suggest to foreigners how best to take their hard earned money home!

I agree totally with you, that is why Nigerians in the Diaspora send so much money back home every year because they are allowed to repatriate their earnings.
The Foreign Airlines should be allowed to repartriate their earnings in Dollars, because Naira is not an international convertible currency, if it were then the Airlines would have taken home their earnings in Naira.
Sall could be a Propangandist, but plain common sense should always over-ride propaganda.
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by erico2k2(m): 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
sanmibukunmi:
Good.....let our local airlines start taking their place sharp sharp.....what happened to arik and co?? we don't need the foreign ones.

wise CEOs of local airlines should see this as an opportunity to develop and make more profit from international flights since there will be reduced foreign airlines doing it for us......
For the first time I am supporting emefiele's move.
This why yoy lot fail and Nigeria is so ooo backward.Airlines who ha e access to dollars in their own country tries are complaining they cannot take their change in Nigeria home here you are compelling local airline who do not have access to forex now to go abroad.how do they the so called local airline get the much needed forex to pay taxes and refill their fuel when they land abroad ie Heathrow and JFK .
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by Ekun123: 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
When does the number of international flights coming to the country becomes an indication of a robust economy when none of the flight is even national carrier. It simply tells you as a nation : (1) That a large chunk of your resources is going outside to benefit others (2) It is an indication of the hypocrisy of being a citizen of a country that you can boost of knowing five states but you know every street of elsewhere
(3) It is an indication that frivolous trips are being made with our money even when they are not absolute necessary (4) It indicates we want a change but we don't want to change our flamboyant ways even when the reality of our oil returns cannot sustain it (5) It is an indication that we don't look for solutions to our problems locally except abroad.
I do agreed that the CBN should regulate the amount of dollar in circulation with policy that will boost economical activities for genuine business people who are not doing so at the disadvantage of the country. If we think we will get it right in our economy without having some drastic practical measures to align ourselves with realities of our situations. We will building our castles in the air. If we want change, we should be ready to change out styles. Majority of Nigerian populace do not understand what constitute a balanced system, hence misrepresent every parameter of abuse for good lives. May GOD helps us as a people!!!

8 Likes

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by omooba969(m): 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
IamDejman:
I unfollowed all boards and became a ghost member for a year now.

The situation of the country made me like that.

But I noticed things aren't getting better

We lie that things would get better

But they aren't

I'm not supporting or aligning myself with the wailing wailers but I'm saying we need a better change.

Youth need active participation in politics.

This God forsaken men ruled this country at the early stage of their life and still come back to rule us at this old stage

We youth should ask ourselves when we would free ourselves from this slavery

We need the Revolution. Common or uncommon sense

We need revolution.

I believe in Nigeria ruled by Youths. I am a leader of tomorrow but when would 'tomorrow' happen?

We don't need revolution bro, all we(youth) need is some 'soul searching' & that will spark the beginning of our redemption.

The very day our youths begin to reject that maegre #2,000 just to sell their votes or carry out a political assignment for some robber-politicians, it will mark a tremendous turn around in our fortune. grin

We also need to fearlessly engage in active politics in order to contribute positively, only then shall we begin to see the 'genuine change' we so much crave for.

cool

2 Likes

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by MYMINDER(m): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
IamDejman:
I unfollowed all boards and became a ghost member for a year now.

The situation of the country made me like that.

But I noticed things aren't getting better

We lie that things would get better

But they aren't

I'm not supporting or aligning myself with the wailing wailers but I'm saying we need a better change.

Youth need active participation in politics.

This God forsaken men ruled this country at the early stage of their life and still come back to rule us at this old stage

We youth should ask ourselves when we would free ourselves from this slavery

We need the Revolution. Common or uncommon sense

We need revolution.

I believe in Nigeria ruled by Youths. I am a leader of tomorrow but when would 'tomorrow' happen?

Emefiele is NOT Change. He is from GEJ transformation. Blame GEJ who decided to play politics with the economy and pander to the steps of his cronies.

I doubt he will last his 5-year term.
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by sanmibukunmi: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
erico2k2:

This why yoy lot fail and Nigeria is so ooo backward.Airlines who ha e access to dollars in their own country tries are complaining they cannot take their change in Nigeria home here you are compelling local airline who do not have access to forex now to go abroad.how do they the so called local airline get the much needed forex to pay taxes and refill their fuel when they land abroad ie Heathrow and JFK .
pssssss there will always be a way to go around this things and I believe the CBN governor and other people people in the field know this. they just don't want to do it. Nigeria can't continue like this. we can't always be slaves to them. I am happy we have taken a stand and am sure with time we will come out better.

1 Like

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

pssssss there will always be a way to go around this things and I believe the CBN governor and other people people in the field know this. they just don't want to do it. Nigeria can't continue like this. we can't always be slaves to them. I am happy we have taken a stand and am sure with time we will come out better.
I do t think yoy travel out of the country try for leasure or for Business if you did. You will want to slap the CBN govt.It is worthy of note the dollar issue regarding ban on forex is a ripe effect due to the wash policies. They might not have expected thes consequences .
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by IamDejman(m): 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
erico2k2:

You got it twisted bro.it's the fault of the CBN gov it would be worthy of note that the Airlines are more than happy to bank their mo eye in Nigeria but what happens if they want to withdraw it in their country try?do Nigeria have the dollar equivalent as back up to remit it's equivalent abroad ?this is the problem.How do they pay taxes in their host countries?we are now spreading our problem to involve them and all they did was to involve in Biz.Someone here predicted that this will drive away investors see.if the likes of Air France. Lift hand a and km plus Delta vacate Nigeria the air fare will skyrocket. What we need is to devalue the Naira not these artificial and non sustainable approach the CBN gov is employing
And to see you got 7 likes n shares on your post shows how backward and ill informed our youths are.
Ok sire.

Since you said it's the fault of the president...
Just one question... Who dictates to Mr CBN gov?
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by IamDejman(m): 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
Bollinger:

Which youth? You forget that you all have the same jacked up mentality. It is not about the old and the new. It is about the way Nigerian's think in general. Classic example is Ben bruce. He is well travelled and somewhat enlightened. But because he has stayed in Nigeria too long, his mentality is now questionable. There is a mental problem in Nigeria that will take generations to weed out.
Hmmmm.

We need to find a solution if truly it's a mental problem
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
The report is written as of the planes are loaded with foreigners carrying bags of dollars into Nigeria. The Passengers are largely Nigerians going abroad to spend hard earned naira in dollars. In other words they are moving hard currency out of the country.

3 Likes

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by IamDejman(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
omooba969:

We don't need revolution bro, all we(youth) need is some 'soul searching' & that will spark the beginning of our redemption.

The very day our youths begin to reject that maegre #2,000 just to sell their votes or carry out a political assignment for some robber-politicians, it will mark a tremendous turn around in our fortune. grin

We also need to fearlessly engage in active politics in order to contribute positively, only then shall we begin to see the 'genuine change' we so much crave for.

cool

That's a revolution too. The decision of rejecting Meager cash and engage fearlessly in active politics

1 Like

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by erico2k2(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
MYMINDER:

Emefiele is NOT Change. He is from GEJ transformation. Blame GEJ who decided to play politics with the economy and pander to the steps of his cronies.

Wailer Alert ahah let's blame GEJ for your sour soup 2. Lol
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by chuzero(m): 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Aero airline go take over na....trust nija
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by sweatlana: 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
hinwazaka:
Fake news
No its not fake. It's your apc change that is fake
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by IamDejman(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
MYMINDER:

When would the blame game end?

In all sincerity, this Christmas was the lowest to me?

When would our change happen?

As a member of Apc, it's tiring. The issue of fuel in Nigeria

I hope the budget of change really change Nigeria
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by whizkid10(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
slimfit1:
Go to London and buy your tickets with dollars and see the kind of rejection you will get. It is the right direction. Naira shall stand the effort to make 1 # to a dollar continues.

I believe in this government. 'to eat the nut, you first crack the shell.' its the cracking time now. The CBN governor is a proffessional and shud be allowed to do his job! I know someone wud say i'm in apc / pdp.. I didnt even vote as i was so scared..Again I believe in the present administration lets support them.

Long Live Nigeria and The C in C

3 Likes

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by erico2k2(m): 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
kITATITA:
The report is written as of the planes are loaded with foreigners carrying bags of dollars into Nigeria. The Passengers are largely Nigerians going abroad to spend hard earned naira in dollars. In other words they are moving hard currency out of the country.
Wake up.U are in a very sad dream.U forgot yoy are restricted on the amount t you can carry inboard a plane
Nowadays you can carry 100 times the ammount you are allowed to travel with wen going to ABA from Enugu
Most people go on holiday or are returning abroad after visiting Nigeria and if they decide to carry 2 naira a is it not their money??.
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by Forwetinnah: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
succed:

It means ......born out of rape!

Lord have mercy
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by sanmibukunmi: 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
erico2k2:

I do t think yoy travel out of the country try for leasure or for Business if you did. You will want to slap the CBN govt.It is worthy of note the dollar issue regarding ban on forex is a ripe effect due to the wash policies. They might not have expected thes consequences .
These consequences will not persist for ever bro. I understand it is hitting hard but we really really need to change some things fast.....we can't afford to make mistakes due to selfishness again. we need to sit tight and plan.... I supported removal of subsidy in 2012 because I know it's the little sacrifice we had to make. imagine what would have been of fuel prices if we had allowed that to stay... Devaluation won't help us.....if we devalue today we might find ourselves doing the same thing in some years time...its time to stop running round a circle and move forward..
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by macklef(m): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
Blackkie:
I weep for the so called Nigerian youths!
So it has come to the extent that they cannot understand simple information?

Airlines are doing businesses in Nigeria, footing all their bills but cannot take home their profits thus they may reduce the presence due to the dollar restrictions - if you are in their shoes what will you do?

If the western world made it a low that you cannot leave America or Britain with what you have earned in their nation how will Nigerians see it?

From your understanding is this policy not a negative one for Nigerians and our economy?

Can someone suggest to foreigners how best to take their hard earned money home!

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by Bollinger(m): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
IamDejman:

Hmmmm.

We need to find a solution if truly it's a mental problem

What do you mean "if truly it's a mental problem?". Don't you see the way people jump up for joy when there is a lynching? Didn't you see the BBC documentary on corruption in Nigeria with documented proof? Two months with no fuel and nobody in government is talking about resigning .These are serious problems which stems from the way Nigerian's think.

1 Like

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by whizkid10(m): 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
Ekun123:
When does the number of international flights coming to the country becomes an indication of a robust economy when none of the flight is even national carrier. It simply tells you as a nation : (1) That a large chunk of your resources is going outside to benefit others (2) It is an indication of the hypocrisy of being a citizen of a country that you can boost of knowing five states but you know every street of elsewhere
(3) It is an indication that frivolous trips are being made with our money even when they are not absolute necessary (4) It indicates we want a change but we don't want to change our flamboyant ways even when the reality of our oil returns cannot sustain it (5) It is an indication that we don't look for solutions to our problems locally except abroad.
I do agreed that the CBN should regulate the amount of dollar in circulation with policy that will boost economical activities for genuine business people who are not doing so at the disadvantage of the country. If we think we will get it right in our economy without having some drastic practical measures to align ourselves with realities of our situations. We will building our castles in the air. If we want change, we should be ready to change out styles. Majority of Nigerian populace do not understand what constitute a balanced system, hence misrepresent every parameter of abuse for good lives. May GOD helps us as a people!!!

I believe in this government. 'to eat the nut, you first crack the shell.' its the cracking time now. The CBN governor is a proffessional and shud be allowed to do his job! I know someone wud say i'm in apc / pdp.. I didnt even vote as i was so scared..Again I believe in the present administration lets support them.

Long Live Nigeria and The C in C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
Some of us sit down in d comfort of our homes and use our cheap fones to type wat we dont knw...do u knw more dan the cbn governor? If yes pls y r u not d cbn governor..??..do u think ur more knowledgeable dan dose advicing d presidency??..who r u sef??..what do u knw??...
If u can only understand d motive of dis policies and d long term benefits ull knw what buhari is doing is right...the naira is on free fall..but expect a free rise im d nxg few yrs if dis policies are adhered to..the western world knws wat he is trying to do and dey r fighting it...he is trying to increase d global demand fr naira afterall nigeria is an international market..so he is tkn advantage of dat n mkn dem buy naira thus increasing d demand n thus gradually increasing d demand and hence the value will increase..its 10th grade economics
erico2k2:

A classmate of mine on FB once said there is a Northern agenda to this.the restriction of forex seems to favour the abolished cos me and yoy will never see forex to buy frm the banks but it will be available in the black mkt.who are these the abolished. @200 U will never see the forex to buy even wen atm where allowed the bank exchange rates where never 200 it was like 250 to 280..It's either we devalue the Naira or it devalues naturally if this was the case we might suffer irreversible damage like Zimbabwe. The CBN governor should take the bull be the horn and devalue.not to allow free fall

6 Likes

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by erico2k2(m): 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

These consequences will not persist for ever bro. I understand it is hitting hard but we really really need to change some things fast.....we can't afford to make mistakes due to selfishness again. we need to sit tight and plan.... I supported removal of subsidy in 2012 because I know it's the little sacrifice we had to make. imagine what would have been of fuel prices if we had allowed that to stay... Devaluation won't help us.....if we devalue today we might find ourselves doing the same thing in some years time...its time to stop running round a circle and move forward..
What did you say about subsidy?
We ja e to devalue we have been screaming devalue for a year now.at the time the £ was 280 now it's 370.o's that not devaluation by force?the free fall is worse than devaluation hence wise govt devalue raise or reduce interest rates.

1 Like

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by digitsolution: 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
Do you need the best quality of Corporate and Promotional Items for Multinationals, Events, Occasions, Businesses, Churches and many more?

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by IamDejman(m): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
Bollinger:

What do you mean "if truly it's a mental problem?". Don't you see the way people jump up for joy when there is a lynching? Didn't you see the BBC documentary on corruption in Nigeria with documented proof? Two months with no fuel and nobody in government is talking about resigning .These are serious problems which stems from the way Nigerian's think.
Seriously

I wish there's a way to discuss the problem and solve them.

I wish we can just be great.

If you leave the shores of the country, you'll see organized setting. Dubai(privileged to be there once) is an example.

I don't know but anything it takes, I think we need genuine change and I believe and feel only youths can do it but how?
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by ttmacoy: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abi oh. How will they get dollar to buy plane to expand their routes and don't they also need to buy landing slots in the foreign airports also in dollar? Maybe he thinks it just a case of hey Heathrow we are sending extra flights see you soon.

erico2k2:

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by erico2k2(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
louismane:
Some of us sit down in d comfort of our homes and use our cheap fones to type wat we dont knw...do u knw more dan the cbn governor? If yes pls y r u not d cbn governor..??..do u think ur more knowledgeable dan dose advicing d presidency??..who r u sef??..what do u knw??...
If u can only understand d motive of dis policies and d long term benefits ull knw what buhari is doing is right...the naira is on free fall..but expect a free rise im d nxg few yrs if dis policies are adhered to..the western world knws wat he is trying to do and dey r fighting it...he is trying to increase d global demand fr naira afterall nigeria is an international market..so he is tkn advantage of dat n mkn dem buy naira thus increasing d demand n thus gradually increasing d demand and hence the value will increase..its 10th grade economics
This is the reason there are so much suffering in Nigeria. Even the so called rich suffer as well.a could try where U ha e no power yet you have to pay Nepal bill about what you would have used if u had constant electricity. The Sad PART IS YOU GUYS HA E GROWN TO ACCEPT IT AS NORMAL. I pray for your likes to one day live in a sane country where everyone is equal. Then only then U can see how our leaders are toying with our future. You lot are suffering and smiling. QUOTE me very soon we are going g to recieve sanctions from the west then we will be well doomed.
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by macklef(m): 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
erico2k2:

Did you read 2 weeks ago when the Banks came out to say they have no dollar to back forex transaction therfore naira dominated atm cards no longer allowed abroad?did U?
So bro in a nutshell. What the airliners are saying is, due to the policy, they can't
Transact in dollars anymore in naija and even if dey transact in naira and wire it to their countrys
It would be imposible to withdraw such funds in naira outside 9ja. Dey can only withdraw in dollars that they have been estoped from changing. Then thats like blocking both the front and back door and telling a guest you can leave when u want to.

1 Like

Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by erico2k2(m): 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
ttmacoy:
Abi oh. How will they get dollar to buy plane to expand their routes and don't they also need to buy landing slots in the foreign airports also in dollar? Maybe he thinks it just a case of hey Heathrow we are sending extra flights see you soon.

Ahaha and U wonder Y we are so backward.we blame leaders see the kind mind wen youth carry?how are they even going g to buy spare parts ni??mayB the guy get plantain leaf for mind
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by erico2k2(m): 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
macklef:

So bro in a nutshell. What the airliners are saying is, due to the policy, they can't
Transact in dollars anymore in naija and even if dey transact in naira and wire it to their countrys
It would be imposible to withdraw such funds in naira outside 9ja. Dey can only withdraw in dollars that they have been estoped from changing. Then thats like blocking both the front and back door and telling a guest you can leave when u want to.
Bravo.sorry I seem to type rubish. I'm using my fone and I left my laptop charger at home so guys bear my crap English. Everybody buys tkt in Naira.the banks do not have equivalent dollars to back such huge amount .if U remember two weeks ago they hands up to warn every key that the forex reserve is unsustainable. We dnt print dolars right so the only means of earning it is to sell.what do we sell the most Oil.now that's dead.we can earn forex by luring investors with good policies. Now these policies might take 5 to 10 years.it might involve govt n politicians not gaining but citizens will gain.greedy politicians won't allow these cos their tenure is 4 yrs. The only way to lure foreign investors is to entice them with cheap overhead like china and India does and Ethiopia is now doing or devalue our Naira to make it relivant I. World mkt.investors will be forced to look for this gs to buy in Nigeria and pay I. Dollars. Just as most people just search for things to buy in china.
Re: International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year by Dakens(m): 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
Sir I just nailed it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Never Be Ashamed Of Your Hustle' - Man Who Sells Yam Advises / Miriam Akin: Nigeria Auto And Kiddies Investor Marks Birthday With Amazing Photo / Money Myths That Have Made Nigerians Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.