Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (95144 Views)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye & His Family, Wife, Children, Dare Adeboye, Leke Adeboye / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by praxs(m): 9:21am On Dec 27, 2015
Okies27:
. You said you made a little research and thought you would shown us a little part of it from your so-called research. Hope this isn't a propaganda of the order of apcenomic?
Bro okies, its not a propaganda. God knows my intentions even if u doubt! I only want us to share knowledge, its not for the wrong reason
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by SaintOzone: 9:21am On Dec 27, 2015
Please send to me, saintozone3@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by irenmwinfo(m): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it
i love fact and at the same time go into research plz that piece of information will do a lot better. i want u to plz send me the softcopy plzzzzzzzzzz. danp22002@gmail.com datz my e-mail .......... thanks bro
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2015
I just started reading...already in 22 i think and to be frank whoever thinks this book is heretical is infact an insecure Christian...i only saw God's magnificence here..the powerful places he has created..his judgement for evil and good. This book like all other books of the Bible should be read by the spirit leading, not like a novel orelse u will just keep thinking heresy heresy...just like the Pharisees who thought they were the beginning and end of the law

7 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Remilekun101: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Certainly

Send to me too oladotunhero@gmail.com. Thanks in advance
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by praxs(m): 9:24am On Dec 27, 2015
joseph1832:
Praxs, I guess its the same reason why the gospel according to Mary Magdalene was remove, the gospel according to phillip was removed, the book Tobias was removed and a whole lot of other books.

I'll always say this that the reason why I feel these books were removed is just to sell religion to us and make it seem fallible for the gullible minds to accept its doctored dogmatism.
Thanxfor the contribution. Different conspiracy theories exist regarding all dis
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by lequatee(m): 9:25am On Dec 27, 2015
leofab:
did you leave your sense somewhere? Didn't you notice the facth at that book was writing by the grand father of Noah thousand year before fictitious Jesus was born.. The is an eye opener to our Christain fanatic that the bible was edited to suit a purpose.. Why didn't they include the gospel of banabas who explained Jesus affair with Mary Magdalene ??

I think I spot someone reasoning too. what grounds did the " compiling fathers " have to add or remove those books . beats me.
something that should be a guide and universal truth should not have " deceit and secrecy " at the foundation.
I believe the bible but the numerous standards, addition and subtraction says a lot.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by babs01(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

I have sent it
pls I need d copy. babsak01@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Chuksemi(m): 9:27am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Check ur mail, let me know when its delivered
Please forward to eonyeneke@gmail.com, thank you. Or refer me to a website where I can download the soft copy. Happy Sunday.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by irenmwinfo(m): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal:
I just started reading...already in 22 i think and to be frank whoever thinks this book is heretical is infact an insecure Christian...i only saw God's magnificence here..the powerful places he has created..his judgement for evil and good. This book like all other books of the Bible should be read by the spirit leading, not like a novel orelse u will just keep thinking heresy heresy...just like the Pharisees who thought they were the beginning and end of the law
plz share me a copy. danp22002@gmail.com thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 27, 2015
lequatee:

and who made the " church fathers " in Rome the judges over What is right to be in the bible?
isn't it possible they only included what they FELT was necessary and does that discredit the authenticity of the other books?

The truth is ...we will never know What Is 100% correct because we were not there and we were only told.
I wish there was nothing like religion in this world... it sucks! for God sake why Is Christianity filled with different versions and doctris ( before you comment Mr preacher, are you sure yours is the right one? )? why can't there be one version or we all just wake up to find out we' v been dreaming .

there cannot be one version because people see and interpret things differently. the truth is constant but peoples perception of it is what varies.

besides the church fathers were leaders, not of the will of man but that of God. They were chosen to harmonise activities of the church as at that time. they had both spiritual backing from God and authorisation from the then emperor.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by menxer: 9:28am On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
the book of enoch is 'A' fraud, lies by God enemy to confront the truth in the bible.

We read in chapter 40 of the Book of
Enoch...
9 seen and whose words I have
heard and written down?’ And he
said to me: ‘This first is Michael,
the merciful and long-suffering:
and the second, who is set over
all the diseases and all the
wounds of the children of men, is
Raphael: and the third, who is
set over all the powers, is
Gabriel: and the fourth, WHO IS
SET OVER THE REPENTANCE UNTO
HOPE OF THOSE WHO INHERIT
ETERNALl LIFE, IS NAME PHANUEL.’
10 And these are the four angels
of the Lord of Spirits and the four
voices I heard in those days.

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... " For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. " Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ
alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them(1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly
indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.

There is no point getting worked up, if you believe the bible contains all there is to know about Divinity, the ancients and man's spirituality by all means stand by it, but there are some of us with the capacity and desire know more than the bible let's on.

The bible for centuries was edited, redacted, edited, translated, transliterated to suit the control structure of the Roman Church, and we have been indoctrinated along that line; to think, reason, believe anything else is not expected to come naturally.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by EMMYLBANKS(m): 9:29am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

My man sir jeffry, u forgot to include urself grin so it should be 101 madfellas tongue
pls bro cn u send d copy of book of enoch nd d ethiopia bible on my email....EMMYLBANKS@GMAIL.COM
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Okies27(m): 9:29am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it
. The old n new testament you never read properly or observed to do all written therein, you dey look for wetin your great great great grandpapa no see. The Jesus asked you to do, have done them?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
the book of enoch is 'A' fraud, lies by God enemy to confront the truth in the bible.

Enoch...

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... " For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. " Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ
alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them(1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly

Sharrap there! F00l!! The author lived before the time of Lord Jesus, and this work has been dated to that era. Bloody semi illiterate!

If u don't agree with what he states simply say so and don't call it a fraud. Stup1d dunce who doesn't take time to study.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by praxs(m): 9:29am On Dec 27, 2015
lequatee:

I think I spot someone reasoning too. what grounds did the " compiling fathers " have to add or remove those books . beats me.
something that should be a guide and universal truth should not have " deceit and secrecy " at the foundation.
I believe the bible but the numerous standards, addition and subtraction says a lot.
Hey friend. I think we need to watch our uttarances.. I believe me and you dont know the reason behind the addition and subtractionof the books. It could be just like u said, for deceit but it could also be a direction from God. Its better if we dont conclude. Thanx for contributing, one love man

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by olaolab: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
i have the softcopy, too bulky couldnt read it coz of time
pls can u send to me Too? olaolab4u@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ivili(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:

Enoch...

what do you know of blasphemy? You were giving some scriptures called the bible and you are not even aware many scriptures didn't even make it in the bible.The bible we have today is not even 10% of ancient scriptures about God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by icanadex: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:
Interesting. I really want to know about this book.
pls can u send me the soft copy to my mail
ican_adex@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by praxs(m): 9:31am On Dec 27, 2015
lestat:

Sharrap there! F00l!! The author lived before the time of Lord Jesus, and this work has been dated to that era. Bloody semi illiterate!

If u don't agree with what he states simply say so and don't call it a fraud. Stup1d dunce who doesn't take time to study.
Big bro, we dont need to insult each other. We can correct with respect. Thanks man

4 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
you did not read, if you did you cannot be deceive so easily like this, the book of enoch is satanic and cannot be trusted, enoch died long time ago, someone came with lies to deceive people like you.

Here's chapter 48:1-3 of the book of enoch ...
1 And in that place I saw the
fountain of righteousness Which
was inexhaustible: And around it
were many fountains of wisdom:
And all the thirsty drank of them,
And were filled with wisdom, And
their dwellings were with the
righteous and holy and elect. 2
And at that hour that Son of Man
was named In the presence of
the Lord of Spirits, And his name
before the Head of Days. 3 Yea,
before the sun and the signs
were created, Before the stars of
the heaven were made, HIS NAME
WAS NAMED before the
Lord of Spirits.

Was the Son of Man named? When was Jesus named in Heaven? This is an attack on the deity of Jesus. Jesus Himself claimed in Revelation 1:8, " I
am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. " Jesus is Eternal, without beginning or end. Head of Days? Lord of Spirits? These terms are NOT found in the Bible. IF the Book of Enoch were
valid, composing well over 100 chapters, there should be numerous New Testament references to it; but there aren't. Although some people claim that the Bible quotes the Book of Enoch over 100 times, this is simply not true. Just as the Qur'an, the Book of Enoch borrows from the Word of God. In sharp contrast to the Book of Enoch, the New Testament often quotes the Book of Genesis.

I up I say!! F00l making noise here with you superficial knowledge!

Give us sound arguments raised from your own deep introspection and not borrowed thoughts!

Even lucifer can quote the bible as u do.

Abeg park well

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tunechi1(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2015
Pls I wud like to have a copy pls email: tunderotimi20@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by yem0312(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2015
Pls, I need it too. adeyemi0221@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Bro u are not getting the point. I opened the thread for pple to share what d knw. Like someone pointed out earliar, its not just the book that was removed, u can sharewith us why they were removed. No one is deceiving me, thanx for ur post anyway

Leave that empty barrel making nose here!
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by irenmwinfo(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal:
plz am still waiting for your message. plz send me the copy plz.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ebukav(m): 9:33am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it

Forward it to my mail pls
Skyboy4all@gmail.com tanx
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by kaysce(m): 9:33am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Check ur mail, let me know when its delivered

Please send it to kaysce4life@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by CRUDABLES: 9:33am On Dec 27, 2015
but is it true that angels had offsprings with earthly females or is the book of genesis a lie or was that a mistake?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ibisko04: 9:34am On Dec 27, 2015
Sirolad:

Who removed them?
who put them there in the first place?
There are people who have been manipulating the gospel since the beginning and up till now.
But one thing that I want all of us to know is that there is only one God Almighty the creator of the universe.
Different people from different cultures have been worshippers of this Almighty God in the way that are customarily to them .
Just make sure you serve the Almighty God through your worship and goodness to all mankind.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

My man sir jeffry, u forgot to include urself grin so it should be 101 madfellas tongue
My brother, I dey run from those kind of books oo. One nearly made me doubt the superiority of God over Satan but I no go mention the book name here. It says the the duo were like Esau and Jacob dragging superiority over the earth that's why none can permanently defeat the other. It says that man has what they need to defeat each other that's why each is trying to manipulate man.

Bros, I nearly went to see my doctor after reading that book. My take is, believe what you are taught by your parents and the society you find yourself in. Never try to know moregrin

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by irenmwinfo(m): 9:34am On Dec 27, 2015
oya make all of una go church now now
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2015
Delafruita:
while I agree that the book of Enoch was never part of the Bible,i disagree it was suspicious or noncanonical.we cannot talk about the formation of the bible without making reference to constantine who brought the various sects of Christianity together at the 325AD council in Nicea and paid them to comeup with a unifying mode of worship and book.we can't discountenance the facT that the roman cathoic church was the only church in existence and they only accepted books that suited their teachings while constantine only endorsed books that agreed with paul because of his hatred for followers of Aria

the point is that there was a central message that was to be presented to the people and whatever did not agree with it was thrown out. the only thing I don't support was the persecution and murder of the Christian sects that fell out of favour with the church fathers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Visits Village In Niger State Where Women Go Topless. Photos / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.