Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:12 AM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (97430 Views)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye & His Family, Wife, Children, Dare Adeboye, Leke Adeboye / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by afrika(f): 7:07am On Mar 05, 2016
funshint:

there was nothing like a "complete bible" originally... what you hv as bible was born out of a meeting of some pple who decided what books to include and d ones to be left out. there are so many scriptures that u don't even know about. this doesn't mean they are bad but they were only left out due to some unknown interest by some grps of individuals who compiled d final draft of what we call "the bible"

WHAT U GUYS RE TRYING TO DO HERE IS LIKE GETTING TO THE ROUTE WHERE GOD IS?

A BEE IN A BOX U LOCKED UP SUDDENLY WANTS TO SOURCE OUT ROUTE TO THE OUTTER OUTTER WORLD WHERE U STAY. WHAT DO U DO WHEN IT IS ALMOST STICKING OUT ITS HEAD LOOKING AT U TRU THE NET AND FORCING ITS BODY OUT?

DESTROY IT OR PUSH IT IN!!

ANYWAYS, FREEDOWN OF SPEECH ALLOWS U ALL TO PICK THE HOLY BOOK AND DISERT IT LIKE AS THOU ITS A JAMES HARLEY CHASE NOVEL. HM!MM
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Aremu01(m): 10:17am On Mar 09, 2016
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Rawblings(m): 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
All these books aside the bible teaches moral lessons and some are false. Read Jeremiah 36 to the ending and you'll see that the bible we have is complete. No man can remove part of the bible and still be alive. so that book of Enoch is nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2016
Rawblings:
All these books aside the bible teaches moral lessons and some are false. Read Jeremiah 36 to the ending and you'll see that the bible we have is complete. No man can remove part of the bible and still be alive. so that book of Enoch is nonsense.

It amazes me that you would call a book nonsense even without reading the "preface" or the "introduction", let alone the "index" or the first page! shocked
Whats makes you think that many people wish to be like you by heeding your advise?
Please answer the question's question wink
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 08, 2016
BIBLE O BOOK OF ENOCH O ALL ARE LIES!!
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 08, 2016
The book of Enoch is not inspired, it was not included in the Jewish canon. Enoch may not even have been the writer. As such both Jesus and his disciples couldnt view it as inspired.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it

The book of Enoch was not removed from the bible as your question alleges. The book of Enoch was not added to the canonical books of the Roman Catholic Church, the eastern orthodox church and the Christian (protestant) church. You may also want to note that the bibles these three Christian groups carry differ. The Protestants have 66 books, the Catholics about 79 or so, and the orthodox bible has about 80 books or so.

I have read the book of Enoch and I consider it inspired like the Coptic Christians of Ethiopia but then I have no authority to add it to the bible. But again there are all sorts of book in the book of Enoch. There is the book of Noah, several fragments, which might have been a reason the council rejected it.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by demiiii(f): 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hi Ed
niggaman:
Please also send to edcline7@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 05, 2017
praxs:
Maybe u can tell us about the book after reading it
Pls send to me too... Kelvinrhs@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
praxs:
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUQaKOWPZEE

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/index.htm
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
praxs:

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I- On the Bible

"We in Ethiopia have one of the oldest versions of the Bible, but however old
the version may be, in whatever language it may be written, the word
remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all
conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip
baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have
followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued
to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from
early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it
increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a
cause of infinite comfort. "Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy
laden, and I will give you rest" ~ Who can resist an invitation so full of
compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was
resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing, and
that by reading the Bible they should find Truth for themselves. Therefore,
I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the
language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is
perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the
Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will
find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future
action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great
Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

Haile Selassie I
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by sirBLUNT: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
praxs:
i have the softcopy, too bulky couldnt read it coz of time
pls forward the book to me@solomontengu09@gmail.com thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:54am On May 02, 2018
ApostleT:

The book of Enoch was not removed from the bible as your question alleges. The book of Enoch was not added to the canonical books of the Roman Catholic Church, the eastern orthodox church and the Christian (protestant) church. You may also want to note that the bibles these three Christian groups carry differ. The Protestants have 66 books, the Catholics about 79 or so, and the orthodox bible has about 80 books or so.

I have read the book of Enoch and I consider it inspired like the Coptic Christians of Ethiopia but then I have no authority to add it to the bible. But again there are all sorts of book in the book of Enoch. There is the book of Noah, several fragments, which might have been a reason the council rejected it.
both the Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church are Christian... why do you suddenly call the Protestant denominations the "Christian" Church when they actually are the newest people to even use the name

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2018
Ubenedictus:
both the Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church are Christian... why do you suddenly call the Protestant denominations the "Christian" Church when they actually are the newest people to even use the name

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 8:52pm On May 04, 2018
Tampinu:

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I- On the Bible

"We in Ethiopia have one of the oldest versions of the Bible, but however old
the version may be, in whatever language it may be written, the word
remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all
conceptions of race.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip
baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have
followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued
to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from
early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it
increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a
cause of infinite comfort. "Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy
laden, and I will give you rest" ~ Who can resist an invitation so full of
compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was
resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing, and
that by reading the Bible they should find Truth for themselves. Therefore,
I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the
language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is
perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the
Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will
find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future
action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great
Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

Haile Selassie I

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am telling you guys that'The Cherubim and Seraphim church understand all about it

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 9:01pm On May 04, 2018
[quote author=Tampinu post=67286442][/quote]

I repeat the Cherubim and seraphim know all about these..

We Africans are the TRUE Jews and the Bible is our history and our tradition.

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 9:33pm On May 04, 2018
Tampinu:

It amazes me that you would call a book nonsense even without reading the "preface" or the "introduction", let alone the "index" or the first page! shocked
Whats makes you think that many people wish to be like you by heeding your advise?
Please answer the question's question wink

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2018
Peace

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 9:40pm On May 04, 2018
JMAN05:
The book of Enoch is not inspired, it was not included in the Jewish canon. Enoch may not even have been the writer. As such both Jesus and his disciples couldnt view it as inspired.

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 11:20pm On May 04, 2018
Tampinu:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am telling you guys that "The Cherubim and Seraphim church" understand all about it

Below is a video of a Cherubim & Seraphim prophetess "descending" after ascending to heaven like Prophet Enoch....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4YaITTRyEg&feature=youtu.be

Enoch is an Ethiopian and All Africans can potentially attain this spiritual heights if they comply with the instructions in Psalm 24:3

(Re: Who shall "ASCEND" to the hill of the Lord? He who hath clean hands and pure heart who does not lift his soul unto vanity etc)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by toyinblue: 10:03am On May 06, 2018
Can i also get the soft copy,please send to toyinblue2@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by daviesblaze(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2018
praxs:

Check ur mail, let me know when its delivered
please bro, i also need the soft copy too. thanks cool
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by daviesblaze(m): 11:07am On May 06, 2018
praxs:
i have the softcopy, too bulky couldnt read it coz of time
please bro, i need the soft copy too. thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Prumartmedical: 8:27am On May 25, 2018
Do you want to know God more?
Do you want to know more about Kingdom Principles?
Click on the link below;
https:///4L9DyVtzUGQE7zQOhhDMN8
You can also add me on Whatsapp +27630083342 to manually add you.
God bless you.

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
"Nobody" is allowed to post ignorant comments here. Peace
BIBLE O BOOK OF ENOCH O ALL ARE LIES!!
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Takoro13(m): 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
I will like to have any book that talks about Enoch and his history

takoro12@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Takoro13:
I will like to have any book that talks about Enoch and his history

takoro12@gmail.com

Go and get it for free on www.sacred-texts.com
Search for it using the search box, thank God later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug10uukLZJc&t=32s

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by berbs: 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
praxs:
Check this piece
Meaning they had dck and could cum? Wow! Interesting. This probably mean Father has a Wife.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Share Your Experience With Fetish Friends, Neighbor, Landlord, Co-worker Etc / From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! / Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.