Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) (57974 Views)

Man Attacks His Wife With Machete In Delta. Kills Himself (Graphic Photos) / Soldier In Borno Kills Army Captain, 4 Others, Then Kills Himself (Graphic Pics) / Man Kills Twin Brother In Lagos, Blames Spirit (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Howmon: 6:09am On Dec 27, 2015
A drunk policeman, Stephen James, on Saturday shot dead three male customers at a hotel in the Ketu area of Lagos State.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that among the deceased were twin brothers identified as Taiwo and Kehinde Oyesunle and their friend known simply as Jeje. The twins were the only children of their mother.

The tragic incident; which happened outside the premises of Paulson Hotel on Anibaba Street around 4:20pm, threw the entire neighbourhood and its environs into chaos with passers-by and residents scampering in different directions.

According to eyewitnesses, trouble started when the police sergeant with Force number 217884, threatened to shoot customers if they failed to buy him an alcoholic drink. The policeman, who was said to be a habitual smoker of marijuana, however, felt offended after the victims – Taiwo, Kehinde and Jeje – cautioned him to comport himself as an adult and a responsible policeman.
early 30s, as they stepped outside the hotel premises where they had gone to celebrate Jeje’s birthday.

When the gravity of his act dawned on him, the policeman reportedly shot himself in the chest.

A guest at the hotel, who witnessed the killings, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the policeman had boasted about wanting to kill people hours before the incident happened.

The customer, who identified himself only as Femi, said all efforts to pacify the policeman proved abortive as he kept fomenting trouble and harassing visitors with his gun all afternoon.

buy him drinks. He boasted that he felt like killing someone today, but other customers and I pleaded with him.

“When the three guys walked in and sat, he went to them and threatened them too. But the guys told him to calm down that they would take care of him but he should comport himself as a responsible police officer.

“Nobody knew he took offence with their statement. The police officer shot the three guys one after the other as they stepped outside the hotel before killing himself. The whole thing happened like a movie,” he said.

Another resident Ladipo Idowu told our correspondents that the policeman was known to foment trouble in the area.

He said James usually fired his gun indiscriminately and the residents had warned the hotel authorities to caution him but nothing was done about it.

Another eyewitness, Dada Salawu, said, he was passing by when he saw the policeman and the three friends exchanging words. He said hardly had he left the area when the policeman opened fire on the victims.

A former girlfriend to one of the slain twins told SUNDAY PUNCH that they were the only children of their parents.

The lady, who was inconsolable as she spoke to one of our correspondents, said the twins were still mourning the death of their father who passed away in June 2014 when their lives were cut short.

Refusing to have her picture taken, she said, “I called them very early on Saturday morning not to go outside their compound after I dreamt of seeing blood. I called them again at about 2:00pm to warn them. The twins, however, decided to drive a vehicle a relation had just bought at about 3:00pm. They drove to Paulson Hotel.”

The Sports Utility Vehicle which the victims drove was still parked in front of the hotel by the time our correspondents left the scene.

An angry mob, which later gathered at the scene of the tragedy, attempted to burn down the hotel and destroy properties within its premises.

As irate youths threw bottles and stones at the hotel, lodgers ran out of their rooms with their luggage and fled the scene. As at the time of filing this report, the hotel had been completely deserted by staff and guests.

The youths also wanted to burn the corpse of the policeman, but policemen, who later got to the scene pleaded with them.

Policemen led by the Divisional Police Officer of the Ketu Police Station arrived at the scene at about 5.30 pm to carry the corpses away.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Joe Offor, confirmed the killings to our correspondents on the telephone. However, he said he had not yet received the full details of the incident.

DSP Joe Offor said, “The policeman was on duty at that hotel. He was attached to Mopol 22, Ikeja. He was drunk while on duty and he acted under the influence of alcohol.”

Efforts to speak with the management of the hotel on the incident proved abortive as it was deserted as of 6.30pm when one of our correspondents left the scene.

When one of our correspondents visited the home of the twins at No. 3, Dairo Street, Ketu, a sea of sympathisers were gathered, while friends of the victims vowed to revenge the killing. The entire neighbourhood was in tension with nearby hotels, drinking joints and shops closing for business earlier than usual.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/lagos-policeman-kills-twin-brothers-their-friend-himself
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Blanc8(m): 6:14am On Dec 27, 2015
End time Police

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by onyee25(f): 6:14am On Dec 27, 2015
Endtime happenings, Rip to the dead

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 27, 2015
Very useless police

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Coolcash1: 6:26am On Dec 27, 2015
Most of these policemen are insane as in MAD...WEREY first class...from their IG to least officer...Imagine..just imagine!

Honestly, police job in Nigeria is cursed...the trigger-happy officer has thrown the families of the slained guys into perpetual mourning..

This is why I just avoid them. I don't argue with them at checkpoint...I don't keep them as friend..if any of my friend joins the police force, I delete him straight...useless people

231 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Lordskyes(m): 6:28am On Dec 27, 2015
Tragic...
Something must kill a man...!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Funjosh(m): 6:28am On Dec 27, 2015
We need to be very careful during this festive period.

Cc Lalasticlala Dominique Mynd44

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Coolcash1: 6:30am On Dec 27, 2015
Lordskyes:
Tragic...
Something must kill a man...!!!!

Yes something must kill a man but not this. This was an avoidable death if only the fo0lish officer had his brain checked at yaba left

39 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Chanchit: 6:35am On Dec 27, 2015
This is really heart breaking! God pls save me from wicked and unreasonable men.
I think this incident has a spiritual undertone, the police man was just used to carry out the assignment. I wonder how a drunk police officer remembered to kill himself also, killing himself saved him from a horrible death sha.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by nerodenero: 6:35am On Dec 27, 2015
The three guys were simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. RIP to the dead.

When the gravity of his act dawned on him, the policeman reportedly shot himself in the chest.
The picture of the useless Policeman doesn't show he shot himself in the chest undecided.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Ayt27(m): 6:55am On Dec 27, 2015
How will a policeman act in this manner? Even me sef don dey boil, na dem go follow one way, na dem go drink gin and smoke ciga on duty, they are the highest lawbreakers in the country.....police officer ooo.

Where citizens of a country will not report a robbery incident in the police station, for fear of being called thieves, where is such a country headed?

Even their IG sef na so hin belle big like basketball.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Howmon: 6:56am On Dec 27, 2015
nerodenero:

The picture of the useless Policeman doesn't show he shot himself in the chest undecided.

I thought as much

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Funjosh(m): 6:56am On Dec 27, 2015
Honestly this is one of the reason I don't like going out with friends during festive period like this, From Mad Policeman, to Drunk Driver and his Conductor to those Agbero that just like to cause trouble without no reason. lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Islie: 7:04am On Dec 27, 2015
the useless policeman now decided to carry out his evil plans of spilling blood

he has to take three lives with him

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by emmanuel596(m): 7:53am On Dec 27, 2015
Saw this on instagram this morning and I was like lord have mercy few days to 2016.......and maybe these twins are all their parent got.....these things we call nigerian police are animals

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by AleriwaTj: 7:53am On Dec 27, 2015
This is serious
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:53am On Dec 27, 2015
Chaaaii...
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by brunofarad(m): 7:53am On Dec 27, 2015
What is happening...........so many unusual things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by PipSurgeon(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2015
too bad. seems most of our olokpas needs mental checkups from time to time,. and military indiscipline is getting out of hand.. RIP to the dead..
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by looseweight: 7:54am On Dec 27, 2015
So baddd
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by fajani(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2015
Blood thirsty police
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by simondee93(m): 7:55am On Dec 27, 2015
God save us
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by ednut1(m): 7:55am On Dec 27, 2015
Depressed and suicidal policeman or na village witches at work

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by FuckTheMod: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2015
Hmn
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by ChappyChase: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2015
*"Police is your friend"*.
Believe ^^^ at your own peril!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by omisakint: 7:56am On Dec 27, 2015
Rip to the twins... The policeman I can't say rip oo
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by iteleaye(m): 7:56am On Dec 27, 2015
Kilode
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by 2016Utmerunz: 7:56am On Dec 27, 2015
I pray bad thing should stop in nigeria oh

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Pavore9: 7:57am On Dec 27, 2015
What a pity! angry
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by 2016Utmerunz: 7:58am On Dec 27, 2015
Merry xmas in Arias and Happy new year in Advance 8xxxxxxxxx Love you all in nairaland , I PRAY NO ONE will die in JESUS Name , """AMEN"""

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by youngwarlocks: 7:59am On Dec 27, 2015
ok
Re: Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) by Lincoln275(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2015
this is simply wickedness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Divorce-Seeking Wife Beats Husband To Pulp In Lagos (photo) / Man Dies During Cult Initiation In Obanliku, Cross River (Graphics Photos) / Yahoo Boy Kills His Hunched Aunt In Ebonyi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.