Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad (1363 Views)

Buhari Reviews CBN’s Ban On 41 Items / Ben Murray-bruce Reaction To Stranded Olympic Football Team / Murray-Bruce's Reaction To Buhari's Appointment Of Media Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by MalcoImX: 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
The 'Twitter Senator' as some call him has spoken. Hit or Miss?
|
http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/12/read-ben-murray-bruces-reaction-to-cbns.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by boboLIL(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
And you made common sense.... Oga twitter

B00hari ebuharigo Nigeria

This gov is a scam....

God save us oh

1 Like

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by Unionised(m): 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
Senator sir, while I agree with your reasoning, I just can't help but feel that you pounce on these "opportunities" to score cheap points.

Sir, I suspect you know the full story behind the ban, yet would rather play on the intelligence and emotions of we the masses.

Stop patronising us. We are not that dumb!

You are just another politician.

5 Likes

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by EgusiSoup: 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
F
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by Unionised(m): 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
boboLIL:
F

F for fastest finger?
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by boboLIL(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Unionised:

F for fastest finger?
f for fvck b00hari administration

4 Likes

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by boboLIL(m): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
Naija must survive no matter the condition....
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by MalcoImX: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
boboLIL:
f for fvck b00hari administration
When Sanusi revealed that Nigeria's money is missing, he's thought to be anti-Nigeria and GEJ, but when Emefiele's CBN brought a policy it is Buhari that's at fault.
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by Ramon92: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
When Okonjo-Iweala was warning Nigeria and taking steps ahead of days like this, she was been castigated and labelled a thief who's pushing the economy down south by some clowns now in power. They're there now and they're playing Baba ijebu. The time has come now, or maybe this is just snippets.
It's just the punishment for illiteracy and gullibility of the majority who've been scammed...

2 Likes

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by boboLIL(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
MalcoImX:
When Sanusi revealed that Nigeria's money is missing, he's thought to be anti-Nigeria and GEJ, but when Emefiele's CBN brought a policy it is Buhari that's at fault.
yes,,, I blame b00hari

3 Likes

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by MalcoImX: 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
boboLIL:
yes,,, I blame b00hari
But did you ask Emefiele the reasons behind the new development?
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by boboLIL(m): 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
MalcoImX:
So u r pained cos I blame b00hari? Pls do me a favour.....

Gerrrahia mehn

5 Likes

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by vedaxcool(m): 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
EgusiSoup:
F

For foolish benmorronbruce.

1 Like

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by MRSALT: 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
There is no reason to deactivate naira ATM . At worst, it will affect the ordinary citizens that rely on it for their businesses. Politicians will never be affected because , with their diplomatic passports they have means of smuggling their dollars to Niger, Chad, Cameroon, Benin or even as far as Sao Tome .
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by MalcoImX: 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
boboLIL:
So u r pained cos I blame b00hari? Pls do me a favour.....

Gerrrahia mehn
boboLIL and the Wailing Wailers.
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by Achuwa1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
Inasmuch as foreign currency has being pecked at parallel market,why ban ATM then since inter bank do business at the parallel bench mark exchange rate..
Emefiele need to explain to us further the reason for the ban on the use of ATM oversea
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by vedaxcool(m): 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
MalcoImX:

Please the son of foolery should be left alone.

I think fg should send away Emefiele who is clearly complicit in Dasukigate. I don't think he knows what he is doing.
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by boboLIL(m): 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
MalcoImX:
boboLIL and the Wailing Wailers.
wailing for democracy ...mr change agent
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by MalcoImX: 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
boboLIL:
wailing for democracy ...mr change agent
More likely to agree with you if you'd said you were a GEJ Wailer.
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by ziky2010(m): 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
basketmouth
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by MalcoImX: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
vedaxcool:

Please the son of foolery should be left alone.

I think fg should send away Emefiele who is clearly complicit in Dasukigate. I don't think he knows what he is doing.
The sooner they do away with him the better, if he's found to be a mole.

1 Like

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by boboLIL(m): 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
MalcoImX:
More likely to agree with you if you'd said you were a GEJ Wailer.
u don't need to agree with me...
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by MalcoImX: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
boboLIL:
u don't need to agree with me...
But are you a GEJ wailer? You haven't yet come to terms with the loss or what?

1 Like

Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by boboLIL(m): 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
MalcoImX:
But are you a GEJ wailer? You haven't yet come to terms with the loss or what?
u are now reasoning like CHANGE... Excuse me pls
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by oduastates: 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
Who are those poor Nigerians who need dollars for their everyday existentence.
I used to think this guy has got some sense in him but I am evaluating my opinion.
He's been making so many crackpot statements on twitter that................
Taking time to listen to all these elected and selected public officials is making it obvious day by day.
All these people want to walk before learning jump
if you are so concerned about Web hosting, why not go and invest in a server/data warehouse( there are a few in Nigeria already. Patronise them).
That should save them from spending dollars.
Typical. Alway looking for the easy way out. Servicing and trading and not producing and manufacturing.
No wonder they need

Syrian plumbers and Lebanese bricklayers to build their Road.
Phillipino and Indonesian welders to weld their pipelines and oil rigs.
Egyptians to hire earth moving equipment
Indian and Sri Lankans to build their software

I can go on and on with the list of basic things which can be done by Nigerians but on which we need foreigners
Who are the Nigerians suffering from the ban where 95% have not seen the inside of a aeroplane before ?
Most do not know where the next meal is coming from.
These fools are all making noises because it is harder to waste they billions of dollars that they used to squander on luxury,in expensive shops London, new York, Paris and Milan.
Growing up I remember all the plastic companies making toys, small cottage industries making exercise book, eleganza making pen etc
Basically Nigerians and Nigeria attempting to make stuffs and do it themselves.
Nowadays, everyone simply want to take the easy way out. Go to China or dubai

Nigeria? Hashtag absolutely useless.
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by vedaxcool(m): 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
MalcoImX:
The sooner they do away with him the better, if he's found to be a mole.

I suspect he is more of incompetent for the position he is occupying. The fact that he allowed money laundering to happen is enough reason to sack him.
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by Lifestone(m): 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
The use of physical control policies as tool of managing our foreign exchange woes is not sustainable, in the long run it will hurt the economy. My concern here is that the CBN is not being creative at finding solutions to the problems. With the proposed 2016 budget deficit and dwindling price of the crude oil in the international market, it seems the country is in for a long rough ride. Our policies should reflect this.
We must tackle the FX problem from both the supply and demand ends.
For instance, what policies are in place to replace Oil as top earner of FX?
What new incentives do we have to support domestic production of goods and services to replace importation?
These are critical perspectives that must be addressed.
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by oduastates: 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
Lifestone:
The use of physical control policies as tool of managing our foreign exchange woes is not sustainable, in the long run it will hurt the economy. My concern here is that the CBN is not being creative at finding solutions to the problems. With the proposed 2016 budget deficit and dwindling price of the crude oil in the international market, it seems the country is in for a long rough ride. Our policies should reflect this.
We must tackle the FX problem from both the supply and demand ends.
For instance, what policies are in place to replace Oil as top earner of FX?
What new incentives do we have to support domestic production of goods and services to replace importation?
These are critical perspectives that must addressed.
You meant fiscal?Gives us an idea of where to get the dollars apart from controlling bad habits?
You can't print it.that is out of the question.
I am opposed to sudden devaluation because that will shift the burden on the 70% living below poverty and push more into poverty .
It will not solve the scarcity of forex because we export virtually nothing.
So what miraculous policy would make dollars suddenly available apart from stretching what we have and play the long game against oil price recovery ?
Re: Read Ben Murray-Bruce's Reaction To CBN's Ban Of ATM Use Abroad by Lifestone(m): 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:

You meant fiscal?Gives us an idea of where to get the dollars apart from controlling bad habits?
You can't print it.that is out of the question.
I am opposed to sudden devaluation because that will shift the burden on the 70% living below poverty and push more into poverty .
It will not solve the scarcity of forex because we export virtually nothing.
So what miraculous policy would make dollars suddenly available apart from stretching what we have and play the long game against oil price recovery ?

I mean physical control policies different from fiscal or monetary policies.
If you comprehend my post, my argument is that we need to have a total management of the demand and supply end of FX. And I did offer example of what I think a proper approach should be. We must develop policies that will provide incentives to domestic production of those foreign products. The motor vehicle policy is an example.
Replacement of oil as the leading source of FX must be pursued by promoting non oil export.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Very Ill Due To Dss’s Torture / This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria / Chief Justice Of Nigeria Lashes Out At Critics Of Judicial Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.