Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget (42524 Views)

Buhari Speaks To Nigerians After Arriving In London For Further Medical Check-up / How We Intend To Stop Inconclusive Elections — INEC / How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget - Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by gagewonda(m): 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
I will just drop dis hur. I expect nigerians to be wise bt we r nt. Customs is not d diversification we need in our revenue base. Reason dis logically, d increase in customs revenue means loss of jobs, means loss of industries cos its import duties we get a greater percentage of d revenue from. Wen we import d same tins we cld produce nd export wat do we do to our economy ?.... please nigerians think.... take a look at china greater percentage of der customs revenue comes from exports dat means jobs r being created. so its not abt blocking leakages our leaders lack intellectual depth to lead us out of this situation all I see is germane questions nd primary school children solutions to d questions it can't solve it.... think nigerians
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Rhoteabarca(m): 12:15am On Dec 28, 2015
Well said Mr. President! May God help u to change d history of dis nation to great nd put d critics to shame. AMEN!
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by PRINCECJ1(m): 3:28am On Dec 28, 2015
lanrema:
good
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 28, 2015
bigtt76:
Buhari..... Please remove the CBN Governor..... he's the weakest link grin

Emefiele is not the problem; Buhari is. The President it is that asked the CBN to implement those policies against their wish. They are just following orders. PMB thinks he is stabilising the Naira against the Dollar. He is bound by his promise of 1# = 1$

The same thing is happening in the petroleum sector.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by holaralph(m): 6:48am On Dec 28, 2015
refreshrate:

*checks display picture*
My bad! Shouldn't have engaged this one in discussion.
. Better....... As a matter of fact English Isn't My Native Language its An Inculcated Language. I owe you or any wailer apology
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by slyzy(m): 6:54am On Dec 28, 2015
ZeroTolerance:
No concrete facts, how much exactly are you going to generate from blocking leakages? 6 trillion is not 6 Million or even 6 billion.
He is not a magician pls
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by torddy4u(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2015
ZeroTolerance:
No concrete facts, how much exactly are you going to generate from blocking leakages? 6 trillion is not 6 Million or even 6 billion.

may be he knows much more than we think. or do we have an idea of how much that is generated in these sectors?.
When u r in d system, u will kn d rat holes.....
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Pidggin(f): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2015
holaralph:
. Better....... As a matter of fact English Isn't My Native Language its An Inculcated Language. I owe you or any wailer apology

Chai! Please type in your mother tongue, your case is critical, you just murdered English "I owe you or any wailer apology" "My Native Language its An Inculcated Language"
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 8:44am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
lol, see how you are running your mouth?

Fela had a performance in an European country and he needed the forex to take his troupe to Europe. Say what you know kid. Fela was critic of the government. He was never arrested for breaking the law, he was arrested always for speaking against decrees and high-handedness of the junta.

I attached some newspaper cut-outs for you and you are here shouting Shagari
Newspaper cutout my foot!Is publicly smoking marijuana not breaking d law,fela loves to dear d law.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 8:46am On Dec 28, 2015
emonkey:

Your case is pathetically hopeless. Goodbye.
It is u wailers d old order,that will b render hopeless & useless!
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by ray501(m): 8:56am On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

This is what he should not be doing as a president of a multi-lingual country. No other previous President has done this before, because they know it promotes division. / //
'No other previous President has done this before' sumbody nid to start. Yar Adua has done dat countless time, obj mak d list too.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by colossus2: 9:06am On Dec 28, 2015
People just like giving themselves unnecessary headache on nairaland/social media.
The president wasn't addressing you.
The interview was done in a particular region, and he spoke in the dialect of that region.
All wailers here didn't follow the interview, but because it's in their gene to wail (forming critics), they wail.
When buhari sleeps, it becomes a bad thing and they will openly tell us he ought not to sleep.
Keep wearing yourselves off cos of buhari.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Sirjamo: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2015
Good work from Mr president.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by zheroes(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2015
Achuwa1:
Buhari intend finding his budget with revenues generated from the south.
south-oil
south-seaport
north-?

the south should come together & push the north away for gud,a word is enough for the wise
have you asked where they got monies to build the refineries we have?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by agabaI23(m): 9:46am On Dec 28, 2015
billyG:

Newspaper cutout my foot!Is publicly smoking marijuana not breaking d law,fela loves to dear d law.
lol
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by bigtt76(f): 10:15am On Dec 28, 2015
Clearer now but what was the purpose of BVN?

I Tot it was to create an avenue through which CBN can tie faces to accounts and use same to identify those political thieves and their cronies?

Why don't they flag and freeze accounts belonging to individuals with suspected huge deposits?

Whatever happened to the CBN/NDLEA Bank laws which stated deposits above 5 or 10 million be reported?

I think the problem of this country is more than we're being made to understand angry

Thanks for your input.

WaffenSS:

I was speaking with a friend in CBN over the Governor and the dollar issue, and what he told me was that most of the looters in government do the folowing

1. Open multiple accounts in different banks using different people

2. Deposit funds in the newly opened accounts as well as the existing accounts of some paid cronies

3. Sponsor one or two people to travel abroad with a lot of ATM cards, where they'd withdraw the deposited funds and re-deposit same in foreign accounts on behalf of the looters. Sometimes they buy goods to import into Nigeria and sell off, thus laundering the money.

Others, like currency speculators, would withdraw the deposits abroad in dollars at the N199 official rate, and send same to Nigeria to sell at the black market for N270 or N280.

According to my friend, this was the reason the CBN reduced, or even totally disabled, Debit Card transactions abroad, including online payments as the looters also purchase goods online.

Of course, I'm not suggesting the man is competent. All i'm pointing out is that the dollar crunch is supposedly part of the war on corruption to prevent capital flight.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by umar4info(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2015
Meiji:
So if Buhari believes that "plugging leakages" can fund a N6trillion budget, why is there provision for further borrowing in the budget estimates?

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to the day when the president will hold an interview in English with our local press. Things like this feed the sectional reputation of the president. 97% vs 5% things.

At least it's been translated. Must you hate everything from PMB.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by umar4info(m): 10:32am On Dec 28, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Why should Buhari be disseminating false information to international media organizations?

We only had 28 ministries and 42 Ministers under Jonathan administration and no time had we 42 ministries with 42 Ministers.

Should this question be featured in WAEC or NECO and our students answer it as our president just echoed, who should we blame for the mass failure?

It's time Buhari finds his WASC certificate.
Rotten head.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by WaffenSS(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2015
bigtt76:

I think the problem of this country is more than we're being made to understand angry

And that's the scary truth.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Masculity(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
PencilBox:

lol! Baba we are on d same boat. Though i'm yet 2 graduate. But I av this hope, dat no mata what= no passengers, less passengers or even 2much passengers, the Driver's seat is always reserved
;-)

wish u success dude.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Kbs468(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

Buhari speaks: How we intend to fund Nigeria's N6 Trillion budget What does this topic have to do with B.H?

Niger-Delta militants, OPC, Biafra and co are also agitating for self-actualization, our president also needs to be fair and conduct interviews in the local dialect of these people too, or don't you think so?

YES THAT WAS THE TOPIC BUT DIDN'T HE TALKED ABOUT SECURITY TOO?

IS THE SUCCESS OR FAILURE OF THE BUDGET AS PROPOSED NOT DEPENDENT ON SECURITY?

WAS BH ALSO AGITATING FOR SELF ACTUALIZATION LIKE OPC, NIGER DELTA MILITANTS AND BIAFRA TOO?

WERE THE ABOVE MENTIONED AGITATORS AS VIOLENT AS BH IN THEIR APPROACH AND STRATEGIES?

WERE THE REASONS FOR SELF ACTUALIZATION BY THOSE GROUPS NOT PREMISED ON POOR GOVERNANCE, MISMANAGEMENT, CORRUPTION AND UNDERDEVELOPMENT?

SO IF THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS CORRECTING THE BASIC PROBLEMS BEHIND THE CALL FOR SELF RULE IS APPLYING THE PSYCHE OF SPEAKING IN HIS DIALECT TO HIS PEOPLE WHO ARE BEHIND THE PRESENT SECURITY SITUATION AS THE OPC, BIAFRA AND NIGER DELTA MILITANCY CAN ALWAYS BE SOLVED THROUGH DIALOGUE, SO BE IT.

ABOUT SPEAKING IN OTHER DIALECTS, IF HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THOSE DIALECTS, SO BE IT TOO AS WHATEVER HE SAYS IN HIS DIALECT WILL ALWAYS BE READILY INTERPRETED FOR YOU AND I, AS WELL AS OTHERS JUST LIKE THIS VERY ONE WE HAVE ASSESSED

LADY, I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT BUT PLEASE LOOK AT MY POINTS AS SEEING YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR WHERE THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU HAVE LIFE WHILE THE IMAGE IS LIFELESS AND ONLY THEIR WHEN YOU YOURSELF IS AVAILABLE AND STANDING BEFORE IT.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by emzila(m): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
BABA HAS SAID IT WE WILL SEIZE THOSE ASSET THEY INVEST OUR MONEY IN AND JAIL THEM. CHAI, DASUKI HAS BEEN TECHNICALLY JAILED.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by HopeAtHand: 6:02am On Dec 29, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I don't subscribe to lying and moreover, in Deeper Life we are warned on the dangers of lying which include spending everlasting life in burning hell

Your Deeper life doctrine is a lie.

There is no hell. Anyone who dies a sinner would not be resurrected in rapture. His sin ensures he's gone forever. While true christians will resurrect to everlasting life.

Pls stop preaching falsehood.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:15am On Dec 29, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Your Deeper life doctrine is a lie.

There is no hell. Anyone who dies a sinner would not be resurrected in rapture. His sin ensures he's gone forever. While true christians will resurrect to everlasting life.

Pls stop preaching falsehood.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8 ).

"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. " (Mark 9:44-46).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Adeevah(m): 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Arizonaguy:
neither are you...it is kemi adeosun
I quoted u...even a primary six pupil can spell that correctly
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Adeevah(m): 2:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
new2020:

I don't care to know her name...not important and unqualified. She is there because of quota system. Since she came in dollar has gone up from 205 to 290 naira. She should be removed immediately before she destroys this country.
so she singlehandedly increased it...pswew
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Arizonaguy(m): 3:45am On Jan 01, 2016
Adeevah:
I quoted u...even a primary six pupil can spell that correctly
exactly my sentiment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Work Continues On 2nd Niger Bridge (Photos) / Sowore, Dasuki: Timi Frank Thanks USA, Says America True Police Of The World / 12 Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.