Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same (80490 Views)

BEST Courses To Read In Nigeria For Better Opportunities / 7 Ways To Remember Everything You Read In The Exam Hall / Which Is Correct Between These Two English Sentence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by salawustyles(m): 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
donj84:
Palindromes often consist of a sentence or phrase, e.g., "Eva, can I stab bats in a cave?", "Mr. Owl ate my metal worm", "Was it a car or a cat I saw?", "A nut for a jar of tuna", "Do geese see God?", "Ma is as selfless as I am", "On a clover, if alive erupts a vast pure evil, a fire volcano", "Dammit, I'm mad!","Dog, as a devil deified, lived as a god.", "Not so, Boston.","A Toyota's a Toyota", "Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog", "A Santa lived as a devil at NASA", and "An igloo! Cool, Gina!". Punctuation, capitalization, and spaces are usually ignored. Some, such as "Rats live on no evil star", "Live on time, emit no evil", and "Step on no pets", include the spaces.
first class geek
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by wolesmile(m): 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
proudly9ja:
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA
Another one up there

The most famous palindrome
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Dagoma: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
LOVEGINO:
what about RACER CAR undecided

No, you got it wrong. `RACER` is reading `RACRE` backwards.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Fraih(f): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:
abeg this thin nor make any sense reading it backwards. leme try "was it a car or a cat I saw" now backwards, "was I cat a or car a it saw". how come its giving same meaning? enlightenment pls
Mehn!!!
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by estherhadassah(f): 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
wow so interesting,check this 'refer'
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by mtto(m): 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
yinkuscious:
but u sha get it at last ?
sure baba!

abeg we need more of these stuffs

kudos

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by yenereal(m): 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
You are not correct. I have a good sentence that will also give you the same meaning when read in reverse. Try this: "Live on no evil".
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by cooluc(f): 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
Umm nice...
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by chincent: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
I think when read from behind it should be " A CAT I SAW OR WAS IT A CAR" grin grin grin
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by geez18(m): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
how about this - "able was i ere i saw elba" - made famous by the famous Napoleon Bonaparte.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by prahcetomi(m): 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
This: LEVEL,MADAM,ROTATOR,STEP ON NO PETS
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by AnthCunny(m): 4:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:
abeg this thin nor make any sense reading it backwards. leme try "was it a car or a cat I saw" now backwards, "was I cat a or car a it saw". how come its giving same meaning? enlightenment pls
Asolutely!
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Rinato(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:

I will only reply you with a verse in the bible read, Matthew 5:22.
quote !
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by ilevic(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
Rinato:
quote !

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. Matthew 5:22
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by mart2k(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
bennyrazz:
The word "Mallam" is also a palindrome grin that was the first I knew
...and 'Madam' too

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by professore(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
It is correct
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Oluschenco(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:

dumbass, write it out
think with your brain not your foot

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by 9jatatafo(m): 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
Was it a car or a cat I saw. If read backward will the t in cat turn to the r in car? OP expatiate please
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Onyiiswt: 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
Yes! I got it, great mind
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Onyiiswt: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2015
It's absolutely correct
professore:
if u ask me i will say it is not correct
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by ilevic(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
Oluschenco:

dumbass, write it out
think with your brain not your foot

Guy wetin ah do you na? I snatch you girlfriend? Haba! anyway as much as I would av loved to insult u back, I cud not because I cudnt find any insult in my word bank. God bless my parents who were honorable enough to teach me not to insult anybody particularly strangers. I wonder how some people were raised.

2 Likes

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by NovusHomo(m): 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
IamDejman:
Yes true

Nice concept

Concept? no, PALINDROME?, yes
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by 9jatatafo(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
kenonze:

Lol exactly my tot initially.
Fortunately for me, I was in the house. What I did was to take the write up before a mirror.
Just read the mirror image of the sentence. It means exactly the same.

Op didn't do well, he could have say mirror image not reverse

I did same too
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by EOOJ(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:

dis is wat u get wen u dont play video games grin
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by EOOJ(m): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
LOVEGINO:
what about RACER CAR undecided

is 'RACER CAR' a sentence
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by professore(m): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
Onyiiswt:
It's absolutely correct
I will go to edit my post,it is correct indeed
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
how about this one "Hannah"
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Empedocles(m): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:
remove the spaces in between
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by donbabchizy(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dezzx:
Madam
I'm Adam. it's another sentence.

But this is not a sentence na! It's just a word#
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Dezzx(m): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
donbabchizy:

But this is not a sentence na! It's just a word#
how can ' madam I'm Adam' b a word undecided

If you can't differentiate btw a word and sentence , your teacher should refund your school fees ASAP lipsrsealed grin
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Lionofdjungle: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
The following words are equally palindromes: "race car ", "madam ", "level " because if you read each of the words from the back, it's still the same thing.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Amberon: 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
you're a good person for taking your time out to explain it to them, I'm not that nice tongue[quote author=odinese post=41399273][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Samuel Adejuwon: No Lady Could Resist Me As Young Man – 96 Year Old Man / Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / What Is The Difference Between A Civil Servant And A Public Servant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.