Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same (80488 Views)

BEST Courses To Read In Nigeria For Better Opportunities / 7 Ways To Remember Everything You Read In The Exam Hall / Which Is Correct Between These Two English Sentence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by yinkuscious(m): 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
This is interesting
#Some people won't get it

105 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by IamDejman(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
Yes true

Nice concept

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by dorox10: 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
Genius

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Hundreddegrees(m): 7:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
Guru

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by placeofallure(f): 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
Thoughtful! Palindromes!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Babe2sure(f): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
Its a palindrome. We have several palindromic words. I think this is my first time of seeing a palindrome as a sentence. Nice one!

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by CoolUsername: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

This isn't exactly a palindrome, though.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by ilevic(m): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
abeg this thin nor make any sense reading it backwards. leme try "was it a car or a cat I saw" now backwards, "was I cat a or car a it saw". how come its giving same meaning? enlightenment pls

221 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by salawustyles(m): 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
now i dont get dis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by LOVEGINO(m): 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
yinkuscious:
This is interesting
what about RACE CAR undecided

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Kelklein(m): 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
undecided
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Erums(m): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nice concept
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by fr3do(m): 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
how car and cat take resemble ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by XXX5(m): 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
this is false. the "C" in CAR and CAT when read in reverse would not be written C correctly.

Here is my proof

take for instance the sentence was written with a marker on a Car windscreen from outside, an observer inside the car rather than seeing a CONCAVE 'C' will see a CONVEX 'C' hence, there is no Symmetry in this sentence as claimed by the OP.

signed - Micolekz Corp

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by XXX5(m): 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
"r" equally follows this principle.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Dezzx(m): 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
yinkuscious:
This is interesting

Madam I'm Adam. it's another sentence.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by yinkuscious(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dezzx:
Madam
I'm Adam. it's another sentence.
and where will u keep the "I" in I'm ?
Morevover madam is a word not a sentence
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by proudly9ja(m): 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

Another one up there

19 Likes

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by odinese(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
.you right bruv

Was it a car or a cat I saw

For those that don't understand..

Y'all Gon start from the last word 'saw' and last letter 'w'

Is Gon be like this

Was 'I t'a'c a r'o r'a'c a t'i 'saw'..

Study carefully

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by falcon01: 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
ilevic:
abeg this thin nor make any sense reading it backwards. leme try "was it a car or a cat I saw" now backwards, "was I cat a or car a it saw". how come its giving same meaning? enlightenment pls
Dezzx:
Madam
Dezzx:
Madam
XXX5:
XXX5:
salawustyles:
now i dont get dis
fr3do:
how car and cat take resemble ?
ilevic:
chaiiiii i cant believe this guys should read again and use common sense to figure it out

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by oglalasioux(m): 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
Not the only palindrome. They are several others such as 'Able was I ere I saw Elba'.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by odinese(m): 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
odinese:
.you right bruv

Was it a car or a cat I saw

For those that don't understand..

Y'all Gon start from the last word 'saw' and last letter 'w'

Is Gon be like this

Was 'I t'a'c a r'o r'a'c a t'i 'saw'..

Study carefully

2 Likes

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by abumeinben(m): 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
The human mind....alot of grey areas....

Yet to be discovered

2 Likes

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by amikolz(m): 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
Undastandable
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Dezzx(m): 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
yinkuscious:
If you apply the same rule, then the sentence in the pix isn't a palindrome either, as you have to break some words before your sentence can make sense in the reverse order.

5 Likes

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Dezzx(m): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
yinkuscious:
Madam I'm Adam. Read the sentence from in the reverse order staring from adam back to madam.

3 Likes

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by osesology(m): 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
This must be an observation from a thinking genius.
But it's a pity how some people are still making blunders about this.

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by bennyrazz: 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
The word "Mallam" is also a palindrome grin that was the first I knew

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by prahcetomi(m): 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
Check this out......'NURSES RUN'

35 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Samuel Adejuwon: No Lady Could Resist Me As Young Man – 96 Year Old Man / Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / What Is The Difference Between A Civil Servant And A Public Servant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.