Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO (1585 Views)

Governor Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari Builds $3m Hotel In Lagos With Funds Stolen / Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by ABACITYBLOG: 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
The Conference of Islamic Organisations (CIO) has alleged that some aides of former President Goodluck Jonathan approached the body with $3 million so as to canvass for their votes during the presidential election.

According to Leadership, Coordinator of CIO, Imam Abdullahi Shuaib, made this claim during the 22nd National Islamic Training Programme (NITP), holding at Odosengolu, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.

He said they rejected the government’s offer tagged: “religious fund”, meant to secure support of Muslims in Nigeria for the ex-president and his party-PDP, during the general elections early this year.

“It is not a secret, they came, offering us over three million dollars, we said no….It came through their proxies to us and we said no. And today we have been vindicated and it is not even part of our own culture to take bribe. We prefer to go hungry than to collect a bribe from somebody, that is unlawful.” He said that some officials of the Jonathan-led administration (whose identities were not disclosed) approached the CIO with money but it rejected “because we know very well that it was a bait; it was a poison and you cannot eat and dine with the devil and think the devil will not come after you.”he said

READ MORE = http://abacityblog.com/2015/12/how-gejs-aides-approached-us-with-3m-for-votes-cio/

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
For real? shocked
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by LRNZH(m): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
Corruption is synonymous with GEJ

2 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by amunkita(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
Aides ko HIV nii...
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by Pidggin(f): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
All lies
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by IamDejman(m): 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
M annoyed

Why didn't they open up durin the campaign?

Why now?
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by Achuwa1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
You muslim leaders should call ur boko haram brothers to order to stop killing innocent souls b4 you come here to talk abt bribery.
u leaders taught & brainwashed them tht if they fight & die in a holy war tht allah will give them 7 virgins gurls in heaven.
u ppl should hide ur head in shame coz u are disgracing us as nation by dragging the whole world attention to nigeria by the killing activities of bokoharam..

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Everybody is talking about GeJ as he is most corrupt man. Seven months into the life of this administration no GeJ's men has been convicted except media convictions of Dezeni, Dasuki etc

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by omostar: 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
IamDejman:
M annoyed

Why now?

They actually did.
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by IamDejman(m): 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
omostar:

They actually did.
When?
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by abuchilag: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
All these fake leaders and unknown organisations should stop making baseless accusations!

What do they mean by that "unnamed contacts" or "aides whose identities cannot be disclosed" ?

You either name and shame them or you shut up!
If we must fight this corruption lets start from these set of journalists who keep spewing thrash all the time. Name them or keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by texazzpete(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
Everybody is talking about GeJ as he is most corrupt man. Seven months into the life of this administration no GeJ's men has been convicted except media convictions of Dezeni, Dasuki etc

OH, don't you worry. 2016 will be the year of Kuje prisons.

Prosecution is now well under way. As we speak, some are eating watery beans and pap in prison for Christmas
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by omostar: 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
IamDejman:

When?

I remembered reading it before the election on facebook I think.
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by IamDejman(m): 7:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
omostar:

I remembered reading it before the election on facebook I think.
Ok sir
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by justmenoni: 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
Well in as much as i won't support corruption but i don't see anything wrong in them trying to give you money during campaign,this is not bribe but instead campaign strategy,are u saying the apc didnt offer monetary offers to religious entities during the last election campaign...both apc and pdp sure inolved monetary hampers during the last election campaign...election campaign without money in nigeria usually means u are going to loose out...that's more reason why some parties cant win elections even though they are the true change that we seek for.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by gists: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
IamDejman:
M annoyed

Why now?
I personally take reports from these kinds of blogs with a pinch of salt so I didn't want to respond to this thread until I saw your post. Well point of correction, they actually did!!

[size=15pt]Southwest Muslims Reject Invitation To Meet Jonathan[/size]
MAR 01, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan’s proposal to meet tomorrow with a cross-section of Muslim leaders in the southwest at Ansarudeen Central Mosque, Ajao Surulere, Lagos State, has met a brick wall, with most of the religious figures indicating their reluctance to attend. A source close to Mr. Jonathan told SaharaReporters that, unless there was a miraculous change of heart, the meeting is unlikely to hold.
:
:
Another Muslim leader told SaharaReporters that it was shameless to go about distributing money that belongs to the masses to a few religious leaders. “We want the money to be used to better the lot of all Nigerians,” said the source, an Islamic cleric in Abeokuta.

https://secure.saharareporters.com/2015/03/01/southwest-muslims-reject-invitation-meet-jonathan

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by IamDejman(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
gists:

I didn't want to respond to this thread until I saw your post. Well point of correction, they actually did!!

Brother I agreed already but I now saw two different organizations

CIO and SOUTHwest Moslems

One says they rejected money another rejected meeting

I'm fed up of this
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by tartar9(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
Achuwa1:
You muslim leaders should call ur boko haram brothers to order to stop killing innocent souls b4 you come here to talk abt bribery.
u leaders taught & brainwashed them tht if they fight & die in a holy war tht allah will give them 7 virgins gurls in heaven.
u ppl should hide ur head in shame coz u are disgracing us as nation by dragging the whole world attention to nigeria by the killing activities of bokoharam..
what's this mumu saying undecided
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by wachakuta(m): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
May we never experience dis Kind of Goodluck again in our Lives....
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
IamDejman:
M annoyed

Why now?

You're not a very bright person, are you?
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by IamDejman(m): 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
donbabajay:

You're not a very bright person, are you?

Yes but the issue is you're just duller.

And compared to you, I'm the sun and you're anything dull grin
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by tonytony208(m): 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
ABACITYBLOG:
The Conference of Islamic Organisations (CIO) has alleged that some aides of former President Goodluck Jonathan approached the body with $3 million so as to canvass for their votes during the presidential election.

According to Leadership, Coordinator of CIO, Imam Abdullahi Shuaib, made this claim during the 22nd National Islamic Training Programme (NITP), holding at Odosengolu, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.

He said they rejected the government’s offer tagged: “religious fund”, meant to secure support of Muslims in Nigeria for the ex-president and his party-PDP, during the general elections early this year.

“It is not a secret, they came, offering us over three million dollars, we said no….It came through their proxies to us and we said no. And today we have been vindicated and it is not even part of our own culture to take bribe. We prefer to go hungry than to collect a bribe from somebody, that is unlawful.” He said that some officials of the Jonathan-led administration (whose identities were not disclosed) approached the CIO with money but it rejected “because we know very well that it was a bait; it was a poison and you cannot eat and dine with the devil and think the devil will not come after you.”he said

READ MORE = http://abacityblog.com/2015/12/how-gejs-aides-approached-us-with-3m-for-votes-cio/

This old man should shut up. He should go and ask his fellow Alfas in Ilorin how they are receiving bribes from Bukola saraki. About 1000 imams and Alfas gathered together to pray for Bukola so that code of conduct bureau will release him. What he is saying in essence is that they don't collect bribe from PDP, but they collect from APC. And to think imams in Ilorin are supposed to be the best and greatest in southwest.
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by SmartMugu: 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
Now na dem lose. Dem for don collect the money sharp sharp. Afterall, na commonwealth.
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by amaechi1: 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
ProfessorPeter:

If they should go ahead to jail them sooner than you think, you will be the first to claim it was kangaroo judgment. The rule of law might be slow but it brings justice.
Re: REVEALED: How Gej's Aides Approached Us With $3m For Votes – CIO by yahrant140(m): 10:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
I am in charge of this one ... I did not collect $30m ... No, I mean only $1500 got home with me!

(1) (Reply)

Are We All PDP Loyalists? –sen Ben Bruce And Nigerians Blast Senator / See How To Check If Your Nigerian National ID Card Is Ready For Collection / Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.